Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» new hen for speed
birds need holding back Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 4:05 pm

» Weather today
birds need holding back Emptyby oldstrain Today at 4:00 pm

» Good Morning
birds need holding back Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 10:21 am

» sorting birds out
birds need holding back Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:33 am

» new rules from Defra
birds need holding back Emptyby David Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:30 pm

» RPRA Auction ........
birds need holding back Emptyby David Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:40 pm

» overnight and multiple nights basket
birds need holding back Emptyby Knackered Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:21 pm

» Loft Location
birds need holding back Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:43 pm

» RPRA , WHAT DO THEY DO ?
birds need holding back Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:43 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) birds need holding back 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 96 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 95 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.birds need holding back Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
birds need holding back Vote_lcapbirds need holding back Voting_barbirds need holding back Vote_rcap 
David
birds need holding back Vote_lcapbirds need holding back Voting_barbirds need holding back Vote_rcap 
oldstrain
Knackered
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1293 registered users
The newest registered user is Meddy78

Our users have posted a total of 221956 messages in 13973 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
birds need holding back Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
birds need holding back Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

birds need holding back

Go down 
+3
birdy2011
seanl
edgie
7 posters
AuthorMessage
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

birds need holding back Empty
PostSubject: birds need holding back   birds need holding back EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 8:20 pm

birds flying almost two hours today, think i will keep them in a day or two, dont want them burnt out, need them for the job in hand, they have to go a long way in the near future ?. Basketball Basketball
Back to top Go down
seanl
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: birds need holding back   birds need holding back EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 9:08 pm

edgie wrote:
birds flying almost two hours today, think i will keep them in a day or two, dont want them burnt out, need them for the job in hand, they have to go a long way in the near future ?. Basketball Basketball

yip its a problem if they flying 2 hrs far too early for that i want mine to fly on race days thats why none been out the loft so far
sean
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: birds need holding back   birds need holding back EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 9:28 pm

must have been going out a fair while to get them fit to do 2 hours
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

PostSubject: birds need holding back   birds need holding back EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 3:02 pm

only around 7 days, its all in the feed ?. Basketball
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: birds need holding back   birds need holding back EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 3:05 pm

why feed them 2 get um flying 2 hours in 7days only to want um not to come in to form to quick then hold um back seems pointless to me
Back to top Go down
seanl
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: birds need holding back   birds need holding back EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 3:08 pm

edgie wrote:
only around 7 days, its all in the feed ?. Basketball

thats very clever what yer going to do once others get theirs fit yours doing all your flying at home i want mine to fly on race days think about it sean
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

PostSubject: birds need holding back   birds need holding back EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 3:18 pm

if i get it right these birds will be super fit for when i need them, they will have to fly, as they will becoming 370 miles for there first race, it is then that i shall motivate them, for the job in hand, all things being equal they should take it on the chin, if they dont then i dont want them. Basketball Basketball
Back to top Go down
seanl
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: birds need holding back   birds need holding back EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 3:23 pm

edgie wrote:
if i get it right these birds will be super fit for when i need them, they will have to fly, as they will becoming 370 miles for there first race, it is then that i shall motivate them, for the job in hand, all things being equal they should take it on the chin, if they dont then i dont want them. Basketball Basketball
best of luck but heard it all before and seen it if you jump unraced birds into 370mls no matter how well trained you,ll be lucky to see a feather yer can feed to get them to fly but it dont mean they fit i know a lad only flys his birds twice aday 30mins a couple 20 ml trainers a wkk and he is the guy to beat big time sean
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: birds need holding back   birds need holding back EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 3:23 pm

and whats the job in hand if they can do 350 firs race on the chin then they must be going tarbes or barcalona
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

PostSubject: birds need holding back   birds need holding back EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 3:32 pm

i have been racing pigeons of and on for 40 years, i love my long distance events, i agree i will loose some but not all, i have definatly got the tackle and i know what i am doing, but to find them we have to send them, only then can we work on the best of them, and hopfully make them?. Basketball Basketball
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

PostSubject: birds need holding back   birds need holding back EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 3:48 pm

birdy2011 wrote:
and whats the job in hand if they can do 350 firs race on the chin then they must be going tarbes or barcalona
we shall have to see what is left, may get some as far as saints,as for tarbes or barcelona maybe another year?. Basketball
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: birds need holding back   birds need holding back EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 3:51 pm

is it the NFC you race with edgie...?
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

PostSubject: birds need holding back   birds need holding back EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 3:55 pm

David wrote:
is it the NFC you race with edgie...?
yes mate.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: birds need holding back   birds need holding back EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 4:31 pm

ah right, good luck for the 2013 season then, hope to hear how they do for you.....

did you post previously you dont actually race in a local club ? if not ive mixed you up with another member.
Back to top Go down
VanReet Man123
Youngbird
Youngbird
VanReet Man123

PostSubject: Re: birds need holding back   birds need holding back EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 6:19 pm

edgie wrote:
Ours havent been out of the lofts yet they last went out in September last year
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

PostSubject: Re: birds need holding back   birds need holding back EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 6:55 pm

David wrote:
ah right, good luck for the 2013 season then, hope to hear how they do for you.....

did you post previously you dont actually race in a local club ? if not ive mixed you up with another member.
correct i do not have a local club nor do i want one i.e. knottingley
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

PostSubject: Re: birds need holding back   birds need holding back EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 6:57 pm

VanReet Man123 wrote:
edgie wrote:
Ours havent been out of the lofts yet they last went out in September last year
each to there own my freind
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

PostSubject: birds need holding back   birds need holding back EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 8:29 pm

just to be sure no one has misunder stood me, these birds will be doing the programe all the way to the coast as trainers, before going to the N.F.C. first official race. cheers
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: birds need holding back   birds need holding back EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 8:35 pm

Our old cocks have been out today, flying really well, but there is still a cold chill in the air, so just gonna take our time with um at the mo.
Back to top Go down
http://kjlofts.yolasite.com/about-our-birds.php
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

PostSubject: birds need holding back   birds need holding back EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 8:42 pm

Gaz b wrote:
Our old cocks have been out today, flying really well, but there is still a cold chill in the air, so just gonna take our time with um at the mo.
exactly what i am doing, they will stay in now till we have a sunny day again,and hopfully a warmer wind. Basketball
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: birds need holding back   birds need holding back EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 9:12 pm

yes, the winds been icey here today, and the drinkers were frozen over yesterday......
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

PostSubject: Re: birds need holding back   birds need holding back EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:06 pm

birds have been to every race point as trainers like i said, have lost 1 or 2 but sent 22 last saturday got all home on day, will be going to coast this week coming 200 plus miles, then over the channel with N.f.C. to Carentan around 320 miles, at the moment looks like being a fare wind for that race, Basketball
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: birds need holding back   birds need holding back EmptyTue May 07, 2013 8:26 am

edgie wrote:
birds have been to every race point as trainers like i said, have lost 1 or 2 but sent 22 last saturday got all home on day, will be going to coast this week coming 200 plus miles, then over the channel with N.f.C. to Carentan around 320 miles, at the moment looks like being a fare wind for that race, Basketball

I'm glad you clarified yourself "Re trainers" when I first read this post I had some concerns etc. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: birds need holding back   birds need holding back Empty

Back to top Go down

birds need holding back
Page 1 of 1