Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» good luck weekend
rats and mice... Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 3:48 pm

» Good Morning
rats and mice... Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 3:08 pm

» Ian Evans BHW Letter
rats and mice... Emptyby Knackered Today at 1:17 am

» birds on loan
rats and mice... Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:40 am

» photo of Morgan
rats and mice... Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:20 am

» Weather today
rats and mice... Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 5:23 pm

» Hotting up in the Middle East
rats and mice... Emptyby David Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:35 pm

» Homing World Stud Book
rats and mice... Emptyby George & Morgan Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:46 am

» York Road & District Results 2024
rats and mice... Emptyby David Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:39 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) rats and mice... 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 105 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 103 Guests :: 2 Bots

barnie, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.rats and mice... Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
rats and mice... Vote_lcaprats and mice... Voting_barrats and mice... Vote_rcap 
David
Knackered
barnie
oldstrain
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222396 messages in 13991 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
rats and mice... Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
rats and mice... Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

rats and mice...

Go down 
+7
EssexSteve
Rudderfett
barnie
Don Webb
steve b
David
peel bros
11 posters
AuthorMessage
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

rats and mice... Empty
PostSubject: rats and mice...   rats and mice... EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 7:34 pm

rats and mice take some getting rid of believe me..i,ll get there.i think i,ve sussed the mice problem,its the rat one that takes some sorting
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

rats and mice... Empty
PostSubject: Re: rats and mice...   rats and mice... EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 7:40 pm

i had 3 mice over winter ray, i got some poison from B&Q which was a paste in small individual bags, rather than the blue seed which the pigeons could have picked up........i found a couple of holes where they were coming in and filled it with the poison, they have to eat it to get into the loft and were dead within maybe 4 days.

fpr rats you need the blue or red blocks ray, and keep putting them down until they stop taking them, altho on allotements its a constant battle i would emagine....... affraid
Back to top Go down
steve b
Hatchling
Hatchling
steve b

rats and mice... Empty
PostSubject: Re: rats and mice...   rats and mice... EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 9:53 pm

try wall paper paste ray it sorts them both out
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

rats and mice... Empty
PostSubject: Re: rats and mice...   rats and mice... EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 10:36 pm

once read somewhere beer kills rats, they cant pass wind/gas so it blows them up/explodes their insides........not sure if its true or not but would be a waste of a can ray lol!
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

rats and mice... Empty
PostSubject: Re: rats and mice...   rats and mice... EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 11:33 pm

peel bros wrote:
rats and mice take some getting rid of believe me..i,ll get there.i think i,ve sussed the mice problem,its the rat one that takes some sorting

Ray if you have Rats you will not have mice as the rats eat mice mate its better if you see mice then you know you will have no Rat problem
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

rats and mice... Empty
PostSubject: Re: rats and mice...   rats and mice... EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 11:36 pm

David wrote:
once read somewhere beer kills rats, they cant pass wind/gas so it blows them up/explodes their insides........not sure if its true or not but would be a waste of a can ray lol!

Heres one David for cat problems mix cat food with very small pieces of sponge
so it all looks the same and smells the same if the cats eat it they can't pass the sponge so everytime they they drink water the sponge absorbes the water and the cats just blows them up

Thios mite be good for the rats on Rays site
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

rats and mice... Empty
PostSubject: Re: rats and mice...   rats and mice... EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 11:38 pm

yes don, sounds like a method for killing a vast range of pests eh ..... lol!
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

rats and mice... Empty
PostSubject: Re: rats and mice...   rats and mice... EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 11:50 pm

David wrote:
yes don, sounds like a method for killing a vast range of pests eh ..... lol!

David my dad used it and i can tell you never saw any cats again and we didn't live close to a chinese either lol!
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

rats and mice... Empty
PostSubject: Re: rats and mice...   rats and mice... EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 8:27 am

If you're on Council allotments get them to send the Rat catcher/pest bloke in as you're paying the rent and they should look after customer.
Thing on allotments you can be doing the job right, putting stuff down and keeping the place tidy but someone a few gardens away might have hens, ducks and things and the place like a tip so constant battle
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

rats and mice... Empty
PostSubject: Re: rats and mice...   rats and mice... EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 12:25 pm

Mice will get in almost anywhere and you will never stop the odd visitor, rats however make there own way in and must be stopped....thats why my loft is concrete 3 feet up to stop burrowing and getting under the loft, I would say my loft is unpenetratable when locked up for the night, but mice will squeeze in to a very small crack.
We have always had a cat, I know everyone hates them but they are easily trained from young to never touch the birds, I trained mine within a month, and they keep rats and other cats away.
Back to top Go down
EssexSteve
Youngbird
Youngbird
EssexSteve

rats and mice... Empty
PostSubject: Re: rats and mice...   rats and mice... EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 4:37 pm

Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

rats and mice... Empty
PostSubject: Re: rats and mice...   rats and mice... EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 5:46 pm

soak some corn in antifreeze let it dry then put down under loft where cats or dogs can,t
get at it cheap as well problem solved .
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

rats and mice... Empty
PostSubject: Re: rats and mice...   rats and mice... EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 5:52 pm

thanks lads,some good advice there.like i said i think i,ve sorted the mice out for now as my alrms don,t go off now.the rats are a different thing,they are not in my loft just they get underneath it.but i suppose rats are all over.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

rats and mice... Empty
PostSubject: Re: rats and mice...   rats and mice... EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 6:23 pm

i think rats will pass through all the time ray, as long as they arnt getting in your loft i wouldnt worry too much about it and just always keep poison or traps down.........its all you can do really, especially on allotements.
Back to top Go down
spencerline
Hatchling
Hatchling
spencerline

rats and mice... Empty
PostSubject: Re: rats and mice...   rats and mice... EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 6:38 pm

David wrote:
i think rats will pass through all the time ray, as long as they arnt getting in your loft i wouldnt worry too much about it and just always keep poison or traps down.........its all you can do really, especially on allotements.

In November 2012 I was helping the long distance champion of the Algarve possibly Portugal, to take down his old loft in readiness for a new loft he had bought to be constructed.
Every back panel we pulled off in the interior of the loft a family of rats came running out, there was a funny incident where the guy I was helping to dismantle it was at one end of the loft and me at the other end and as the rats ran at me I was kicking them and they all ran up to him climbing all over him trying to get out of the loft compartment shell with no roof on and he was screaming Ahhhhh Ratos Ratos . Every time they ran towards me i was kicking them and hitting them with a big piece of 2 by 3 so they ran away from me and towards him.

What I am trying to say is there were scores of them living inside his loft for years and yet they never affected his results.
Back to top Go down
http://www.algarvepigeonracing.webs.com
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

rats and mice... Empty
PostSubject: Re: rats and mice...   rats and mice... EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 7:58 pm

i`m terrified at the sight of a rat......... affraid

or a mouse lol!
Back to top Go down
richardpayne
Hatchling
Hatchling

Location : Esperanza Les LaNDES VALEGuernsey Channel IslandGY3 5JJ GY35JJ s

rats and mice... Empty
PostSubject: Re: rats and mice...   rats and mice... EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 2:24 pm

people around you turn against you with rats
Back to top Go down
EssexSteve
Youngbird
Youngbird
EssexSteve

rats and mice... Empty
PostSubject: Re: rats and mice...   rats and mice... EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 3:43 pm

woman next door accused me of having rats years ago, i checked all over and not 1, then she found them under paving slabs in her greenhouse, she hadnt put foundations in just put it on paving slabs so they went under them, and the silly cow was putting food on the lawn for the wild birds including bacon etc, wonder why they were there ??
Back to top Go down
spencerline
Hatchling
Hatchling
spencerline

rats and mice... Empty
PostSubject: Re: rats and mice...   rats and mice... EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 5:17 pm

richardpayne wrote:
people around you turn against you with rats

Not if you live in a field.
Back to top Go down
http://www.algarvepigeonracing.webs.com
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

rats and mice... Empty
PostSubject: Re: rats and mice...   rats and mice... EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 6:30 pm

EssexSteve wrote:
woman next door accused me of having rats years ago, i checked all over and not 1, then she found them under paving slabs in her greenhouse, she hadnt put foundations in just put it on paving slabs so they went under them, and the silly cow was putting food on the lawn for the wild birds including bacon etc, wonder why they were there ??
some people are thick ,including some rats lol
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

rats and mice... Empty
PostSubject: Re: rats and mice...   rats and mice... EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 7:25 pm

peel bros wrote:
EssexSteve wrote:
some people are thick ,including some rats lol

Second that Ray
Back to top Go down
bluewhitehen
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)

rats and mice... Empty
PostSubject: Re: rats and mice...   rats and mice... EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 9:20 pm

plenty 2 leged rats lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

rats and mice... Empty
PostSubject: Re: rats and mice...   rats and mice... Empty

Back to top Go down

rats and mice...
Page 1 of 1