Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» escaped birds return
Members views wanted on Test Loft... Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 7:59 pm

» Weather today
Members views wanted on Test Loft... Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 11:44 am

» Good Morning
Members views wanted on Test Loft... Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 11:42 am

» King removes Patronage
Members views wanted on Test Loft... Emptyby George & Morgan Tue May 07, 2024 7:21 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Members views wanted on Test Loft... Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Members views wanted on Test Loft... Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
Members views wanted on Test Loft... Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
Members views wanted on Test Loft... Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
Members views wanted on Test Loft... Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Members views wanted on Test Loft... 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 87 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 87 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Members views wanted on Test Loft... Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Members views wanted on Test Loft... Vote_lcapMembers views wanted on Test Loft... Voting_barMembers views wanted on Test Loft... Vote_rcap 
David
Members views wanted on Test Loft... Vote_lcapMembers views wanted on Test Loft... Voting_barMembers views wanted on Test Loft... Vote_rcap 
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222742 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Members views wanted on Test Loft... Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Members views wanted on Test Loft... Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Members views wanted on Test Loft...

Go down 
+14
Don Webb
stormqueen
Paul j
peel bros
Ginger
fletch
kev d
Delboy74
EssexSteve
Rudderfett
seanl
Rene A
lifes to short
David
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Members views wanted on Test Loft... Empty
PostSubject: Members views wanted on Test Loft...   Members views wanted on Test Loft... EmptyWed May 08, 2013 1:52 pm

been speaking with graham and we are wanting to know the members who are entered into the test loft`s opinions.......

as everyone agreed, the first 7 races will be flown for £50 per race, given to the first pigeon clocked in. the agreement was also that all monies left over (£600) would be paid out to the first pigeon clocked in the 8th and final race.....

this is where i need members views,

1) do we go along with the original plan to pay out the £600 to the first pigeon clocked ?

OR

2) do we pay £500 to the first pigeon clocked AND £75 to the second pigeon clocked and £25 to the third pigeon clocked ?

i know this is altering the rules, but it might give a bit more excitement for the last race, bearing in mind all those competing in the 8th and final race will have had to race the full yb season, so therefor might deserve something back.....???

what do members think, do they prefer it the original payout, or the revised payout......?
Back to top Go down
lifes to short
Hatchling
Hatchling
lifes to short

PostSubject: Re: Members views wanted on Test Loft...   Members views wanted on Test Loft... EmptyWed May 08, 2013 2:12 pm

myself personally prefer option 2 but i will go with the majority
Back to top Go down
Rene A
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rene A

PostSubject: Re: Members views wanted on Test Loft...   Members views wanted on Test Loft... EmptyWed May 08, 2013 3:04 pm

lifes to short wrote:
myself personally prefer option 2 but i will go with the majority

same here i'll just go with the flow either way its good for the members and very good for the site i think i can speak for myself and the other members entered a BIG thank you to Graham and all involed in making this possable for us to enter cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
seanl
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Members views wanted on Test Loft...   Members views wanted on Test Loft... EmptyWed May 08, 2013 3:17 pm

not bothered i,ll easly share it wi the lads lol! lol! what ever suits me not bothered i think its just a bit of fun i never entered thinking of the money side just a chance of a bit of banter and crak wi the lads sean
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: Members views wanted on Test Loft...   Members views wanted on Test Loft... EmptyWed May 08, 2013 3:35 pm

I personally think that the interest of the test loft should be priority and that means keeping an interest for all, and then hopefully building for next year, £500 first prize plus the other prizes along the way is brilliant and therefore extra prizes in the final are a must.
Its great to win first and the one who does is always happy but nice to have that extra insentive so I think 3 prizes is the best way.
Back to top Go down
EssexSteve
Youngbird
Youngbird
EssexSteve

PostSubject: Re: Members views wanted on Test Loft...   Members views wanted on Test Loft... EmptyWed May 08, 2013 4:21 pm

option 2 seems good
Back to top Go down
Delboy74
Chipping
Chipping
Delboy74

PostSubject: Re: Members views wanted on Test Loft...   Members views wanted on Test Loft... EmptyWed May 08, 2013 4:37 pm

Not bothered who gets a share of the£100 I'm happy with the £500 lol!
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: Members views wanted on Test Loft...   Members views wanted on Test Loft... EmptyWed May 08, 2013 5:19 pm

hi david , im not in the test loft so you can tell me to keep my nose out if you want ,
but don,t you think say £400 to the first pigeon then split the the rest say top ten pigeons home just to keep the intrest for the rest of the members . good luck to all and well done g .
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Members views wanted on Test Loft...   Members views wanted on Test Loft... EmptyWed May 08, 2013 5:28 pm

hi kev, theres a couple of things i could see a problem with there, firstly there might not be 10 pigeons back in the last race ? secondly members who have entered may feel the prize fund is getting less each time......i know most say the money isnt everything, but to some it may be the main reason they entered,

anyone else any thoughts on kevs suggestion ?
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: Members views wanted on Test Loft...   Members views wanted on Test Loft... EmptyWed May 08, 2013 5:37 pm

very true david , but the more its shared round the better it is for every one , hope you work it out david what ever you do its a good thing for the site .
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Members views wanted on Test Loft...   Members views wanted on Test Loft... EmptyWed May 08, 2013 6:14 pm

thanks kev, and also thanks for the input....maybe members would prefer the payout done in the way you suggest.....

any thoughts anyone ?
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: Members views wanted on Test Loft...   Members views wanted on Test Loft... EmptyWed May 08, 2013 6:45 pm

Although as I have already stated nice to have a few prizes, I think going less than the £500 would be a mistake, as it does need to be atractive, our breeder buyer is worth £400, so why wouldnt I just enter more in that other wise and I keep my pigeons home.
Back to top Go down
fletch
Hatchling
Hatchling
fletch

PostSubject: Re: Members views wanted on Test Loft...   Members views wanted on Test Loft... EmptyWed May 08, 2013 8:24 pm

option 2 for me
Back to top Go down
Ginger
Youngbird
Youngbird
Ginger

PostSubject: Re: Members views wanted on Test Loft...   Members views wanted on Test Loft... EmptyWed May 08, 2013 8:26 pm

why not leave it as it is that is how the one who,s sent new the rule so to me it should be that, I haven't sent any but that's me Iv had my say, and good luck to all
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Members views wanted on Test Loft...   Members views wanted on Test Loft... EmptyWed May 08, 2013 8:34 pm

i think we should split it....350 for the winner 150 for second and 100 for third....thats just to generate more interest in the final race..but like everyone else i,ll just go with what others want..this is just my opinion.thanks
Back to top Go down
Paul j
Chipping
Chipping
Paul j

PostSubject: Re: Members views wanted on Test Loft...   Members views wanted on Test Loft... EmptyWed May 08, 2013 9:39 pm

Hi Peeps

I agree with Ray
1st= 350
2nd=150
3rd=100

But i will go with whatever you say peeps.

Paul

Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: Members views wanted on Test Loft...   Members views wanted on Test Loft... EmptyWed May 08, 2013 9:48 pm

rays pay out looks good
just happy to be in it . cheers
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Members views wanted on Test Loft...   Members views wanted on Test Loft... EmptyWed May 08, 2013 10:14 pm

peel bros wrote:
i think we should split it....350 for the winner 150 for second and 100 for third....thats just to generate more interest in the final race..but like everyone else i,ll just go with what others want..this is just my opinion.thanks

I will agree with Ray split the money to add interest in the race if this is a success

Then next year if it was able to have a few more take part then more prizes to be won

This is JMO lads but i am happy with what ever is suggested all good fun for everyone taking part cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Members views wanted on Test Loft...   Members views wanted on Test Loft... EmptyWed May 08, 2013 11:13 pm

looks a good payout, but im just concerned members may have entered for the big prize at the final race, this payout half`s it.......and there might be a few wishing they hadnt entered Question
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: Members views wanted on Test Loft...   Members views wanted on Test Loft... EmptyWed May 08, 2013 11:34 pm

the prizes were first set out as a guide on entries ie 48 birds however there are only 42 birds so prize money dropped

i personaly think option 2 is best so there is a 50 winner each week and 500 for last
race 75 for second and 25 for 3rd

like i say there were no rules just something for members to have a bit of interest in

Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Members views wanted on Test Loft...   Members views wanted on Test Loft... EmptyThu May 09, 2013 4:44 am

Delboy74 wrote:
Not bothered who gets a share of the£100 I'm happy with the £500 lol!

lol! lol! lol! Well !!!!!!!! we have a real team player here. Wink Wink Read all the post's & found them all interesting etc I may be wrong ???????? but I would think in the most part, most are in it for a bit of fun (No sheep stations) & if you happen to pick up a few bob along the way, all well & good & everyone would be Very Happy.
So with that in mind, I think 3 prizes is the way to go Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes & if for some strange reason 3 birds do not make it home (cut the mustard) in the final race, there share is divided between those that do. cheers
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Members views wanted on Test Loft...   Members views wanted on Test Loft... EmptyThu May 09, 2013 7:14 am

peel bros wrote:

YES RAYS WAY IS AN EXCELLLENT IDEA....TED ROGERS 3-2-1...350--150--100
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Members views wanted on Test Loft...   Members views wanted on Test Loft... EmptyThu May 09, 2013 7:22 am

peel bros wrote:
peel bros wrote:

YES RAYS WAY IS AN EXCELLLENT IDEA....TED ROGERS 3-2-1...350--150--100

lol! lol! lol! Seldom do you see Smile Smile Smile someone so modest. cheers
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: Members views wanted on Test Loft...   Members views wanted on Test Loft... EmptyThu May 09, 2013 8:40 am

I generally think that once things are agreed then that should be it. However when something is being run for the first time certain things might need adjusting in order to improve things. Like adding another 2 prizes.
If it was £600 first prize and 2 hit the trap together last race and you ended 2nd with nowt after your bird had managed to last the whole programme, you might be a bit p****** off. I know people will say "what happens if 4 come together last race?" Well you'd end up 4th with nowt, but that might be the same in club racing.

I reckon racing for the fun of competition is the most obvious amongst the members here, but 3 prizes is probably best in this first year cos it could mean lads rejoining again in future.
Good luck whatever is decided because its been faultless up to now, full credit to all involved.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Members views wanted on Test Loft...   Members views wanted on Test Loft... EmptyThu May 09, 2013 8:55 am

i think that rays option is a very good one and the one i prefer ... Smile seems a more balanced payout
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Members views wanted on Test Loft...   Members views wanted on Test Loft... Empty

Back to top Go down

Members views wanted on Test Loft...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next