Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
 De Rauw-Sablon   Emptyby David Today at 11:24 am

» Weather today
 De Rauw-Sablon   Emptyby David Today at 11:22 am

» come join us
 De Rauw-Sablon   Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
 De Rauw-Sablon   Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
 De Rauw-Sablon   Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:19 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
 De Rauw-Sablon   Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
 De Rauw-Sablon   Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
 De Rauw-Sablon   Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
 De Rauw-Sablon   Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)  De Rauw-Sablon   20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 30 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 28 Guests :: 1 Bot

David, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud. De Rauw-Sablon   Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
 De Rauw-Sablon   Vote_lcap De Rauw-Sablon   Voting_bar De Rauw-Sablon   Vote_rcap 
David
 De Rauw-Sablon   Vote_lcap De Rauw-Sablon   Voting_bar De Rauw-Sablon   Vote_rcap 
barnie
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222851 messages in 14006 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
 De Rauw-Sablon   Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
 De Rauw-Sablon   Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

De Rauw-Sablon

Go down 
+5
Don Webb
Rudderfett
seanl
lifes to short
joe wheelo
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
joe wheelo
Hatchling
Hatchling
joe wheelo

De Rauw-Sablon   Empty
PostSubject: De Rauw-Sablon     De Rauw-Sablon   EmptyFri May 10, 2013 10:24 pm

De Rauw-Sablon this strain of pigeon has be said to me tonight by a friend of mine and said its a must have In my loft ive been checking out the net on them and found some very good write ups on them, as im only new to the sport/hobby and im still trying to find my feet, I said I would ask someone on this site give me any knowledge on this bird.

another thing I discovered tonight was when I asked in the club what birds are flying well and what strain is used over here. as one of the lads on this advised me to do I hit a brick wall. no one wants to give anything away Smile I am finding this sport like a game of poker keep the cards close to the chest. very competitive which I like! but I also believe in teaching someone so they can compete obviously not everyone has the same believes..
thanks in advance
joe

http://www.mclaughlinlofts.com/images/albums/NewAlbum_02821/tn_480_330a07514260aee918d06e9bb19996ca.jpg.png
Back to top Go down
http://joe081177@live.ie
lifes to short
Hatchling
Hatchling
lifes to short

De Rauw-Sablon   Empty
PostSubject: Re: De Rauw-Sablon     De Rauw-Sablon   EmptyFri May 10, 2013 10:46 pm

joe wheelo wrote:
De Rauw-Sablon this strain of pigeon has be said to me tonight by a friend of mine and said its a must have In my loft ive been checking out the net on them and found some very good write ups on them, as im only new to the sport/hobby and im still trying to find my feet, I said I would ask someone on this site give me any knowledge on this bird.

another thing I discovered tonight was when I asked in the club what birds are flying well and what strain is used over here. as one of the lads on this advised me to do I hit a brick wall. no one wants to give anything away Smile I am finding this sport like a game of poker keep the cards close to the chest. very competitive which I like! but I also believe in teaching someone so they can compete obviously not everyone has the same believes..
thanks in advance
joe

http://www.mclaughlinlofts.com/images/albums/NewAlbum_02821/tn_480_330a07514260aee918d06e9bb19996ca.jpg.png
joe dont hold to much on ths family or that as everybody has there own ideas and wot flies well for you wont for another,the pigeon world is full of clever pr men theres good and bad
in every strain let your basket tell you whats good and whats not
Back to top Go down
joe wheelo
Hatchling
Hatchling
joe wheelo

De Rauw-Sablon   Empty
PostSubject: Re: De Rauw-Sablon     De Rauw-Sablon   EmptyFri May 10, 2013 11:02 pm

I was going with that way of thinking ive noticed everyone has a difference of opinion I was just looking for a bit of direction so I can compete in the sport as im only starting and haven't had very good results im sure this is like an art and you have to master it urself to get your birds right etc. but im sure it helps to have good birds to start off with if you understand where im coming from maybe im over analyzing but that's just me Very Happy Smile Wink cheers for feed back
Back to top Go down
seanl
Youngbird
Youngbird

De Rauw-Sablon   Empty
PostSubject: Re: De Rauw-Sablon     De Rauw-Sablon   EmptyFri May 10, 2013 11:24 pm

joe wheelo wrote:

thanks in advance
joe

joe in your kneck of the woods guys are flying coremans and soontjens theres a crak flyer on this site sold a few birds to guys in the dublin area but these are not the familys mentioned remember all that glistens aint gold sean
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

De Rauw-Sablon   Empty
PostSubject: Re: De Rauw-Sablon     De Rauw-Sablon   EmptyFri May 10, 2013 11:30 pm

When your unsure what to get and you have just started, then you should go for pigeons you like the look of, The off season is long and your the one who has to go down the loft every day, and that should be a good time a happy time so you must enjoy what your looking at.
When I restarted I went for birds I liked first that way even if they dont win you will like what you see.
Back to top Go down
joe wheelo
Hatchling
Hatchling
joe wheelo

De Rauw-Sablon   Empty
PostSubject: Re: De Rauw-Sablon     De Rauw-Sablon   EmptyFri May 10, 2013 11:45 pm

thanks for the advice Sean that was the question I asked the lads earlier and got no reply, I just want to have the right bird in my loft for the races my birds will be racing in our longest race I think is st Malo France and all the rest are 200 miles or there bout's so I was just looking to find out what strain would be best for this, and I know the rest is up to me with system I have them on etc.

hi Rudderfett I know what your saying and you have a point but id find it very disheartening putting all that work into my birds and not having any results I have birds at the moment that I like the look of any have for the past year so I was just looking for a strain of bird that would give me half a chance thanks for the input lads
Joe
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

De Rauw-Sablon   Empty
PostSubject: Re: De Rauw-Sablon     De Rauw-Sablon   EmptyFri May 10, 2013 11:45 pm

Rudderfett wrote:
When your unsure what to get and you have just started, then you should go for pigeons you like the look of, The off season is long and your the one who has to go down the loft every day, and that should be a good time a happy time so you must enjoy what your looking at.
When I restarted I went for birds I liked first that way even if they dont win you will like what you see.

Will second that martyn
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

De Rauw-Sablon   Empty
PostSubject: Re: De Rauw-Sablon     De Rauw-Sablon   EmptyFri May 10, 2013 11:47 pm

seanl wrote:
joe wheelo wrote:

thanks in advance
joe

joe in your kneck of the woods guys are flying coremans and soontjens theres a crak flyer on this site sold a few birds to guys in the dublin area but these are not the familys mentioned remember all that glistens aint gold sean

Spot on as always Seanl

Joe take note mate study study Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

De Rauw-Sablon   Empty
PostSubject: Re: De Rauw-Sablon     De Rauw-Sablon   EmptyFri May 10, 2013 11:50 pm

joe wheelo wrote:
thanks for the advice Sean that was the question I asked the lads earlier and got no reply, I just want to have the right bird in my loft for the races my birds will be racing in our longest race I think is st Malo France and all the rest are 200 miles or there bout's so I was just looking to find out what strain would be best for this, and I know the rest is up to me with system I have them on etc.

hi Rudderfett I know what your saying and you have a point but id find it very disheartening putting all that work into my birds and not having any results I have birds at the moment that I like the look of any have for the past year so I was just looking for a strain of bird that would give me half a chance thanks for the input lads
Joe

Joe if you go with the coreeman pigeons the best one if Bob Fenech he is advertising in the weekly books tell him your situation and he will help you out

Will say Bob is a fair bloke and fancier his brother steve is also
Back to top Go down
joe wheelo
Hatchling
Hatchling
joe wheelo

De Rauw-Sablon   Empty
PostSubject: Re: De Rauw-Sablon     De Rauw-Sablon   EmptyFri May 10, 2013 11:55 pm

note taking Sean and Don cheers for that as I said its good to know what strain is flying well for our races over here.
thanks lads
joe
Back to top Go down
Ginger
Youngbird
Youngbird
Ginger

De Rauw-Sablon   Empty
PostSubject: Re: De Rauw-Sablon     De Rauw-Sablon   EmptySat May 11, 2013 8:30 am

Joe I don't no how long you have been in this game, you say your sending to St Malo if your looking to go that distance you need some thing like Aarden or van riels that type of blood if you have just started think what you are doing don't try to run befor you can walk the main thing is learn form your mistakes and I can tell you you will make some Iv have only been raceing 60 years and I am still making them you cant master this sport you will think you have then all of a suden it will foot in the ass that is why our spost is so good you cant master it
Back to top Go down
joe wheelo
Hatchling
Hatchling
joe wheelo

De Rauw-Sablon   Empty
PostSubject: Re: De Rauw-Sablon     De Rauw-Sablon   EmptySat May 11, 2013 8:41 am

I understand that Ginger and I know I will make mistakes I was just putting it out there to see what birds I would need that's all. I have none of the above and this is my first season racing that's why I was asking for a little advice cheers for the heads up on what bird I will need for the channel, as I said in earlier post im finding it hard to get feed back off anyone in my neck of the woods so just said id put it up on this. im sure even when I have the birds ill need im still going to make mistakes! I just wanted to seek some friendly advice on what to start off with. thanks again Ginger
Joe
PS I know ive a lot to learn but if I don't ask I wont Very Happy
Back to top Go down
seanl
Youngbird
Youngbird

De Rauw-Sablon   Empty
PostSubject: Re: De Rauw-Sablon     De Rauw-Sablon   EmptySat May 11, 2013 8:49 am

joe wheelo wrote:
I understand that Ginger and I know I will make mistakes I was just putting it out there to see what birds I would need that's all. I have none of the above and this is my first season racing that's why I was asking for a little advice cheers for the heads up on what bird I will need for the channel, as I said in earlier post im finding it hard to get feed back off anyone in my neck of the woods so just said id put it up on this. im sure even when I have the birds ill need im still going to make mistakes! I just wanted to seek some friendly advice on what to start off with. thanks again Ginger
Joe
joe pm me your phone number and i,ll pass it on to a couple of the lads that i know they live near Dublin i,m sure they would help you all they can sean
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

De Rauw-Sablon   Empty
PostSubject: Re: De Rauw-Sablon     De Rauw-Sablon   EmptySat May 11, 2013 11:07 am

joe wheelo wrote:
Joe

Mistakes !!!!!!!!!!!!! lol! lol! Joe their isn't a man here Wink Wink that hasn't done that. Learning from them, is the important part. It disappoints me to hear members in your club etc are a bit tight lipped. You can solve that problem Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes By having big ears Smile Smile cheers
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

De Rauw-Sablon   Empty
PostSubject: Re: De Rauw-Sablon     De Rauw-Sablon   EmptySat May 11, 2013 12:02 pm

As I am living in wales and the type of pigeons we need are different to England, The lads on here answering your questions are the best to do that and know what they are talking about.

I only offer a different general perspective but one which has been crafted by experience, I would say that too many people start racing pigeons every year all over the country, they buy what they think are good birds and go at it expecting miricles, However the reality of racing is that after disapointments within 3 years they are gone.

My perspective on the birds is about enjoying them and making the most of what you have dispite what results you get, thing is you wont compete with these boys even if you are given the best, it will take time as they have experience on their side, I would say it takes 3/4 years to even start getting birds to compete if your a new starter, there have been exceptions but if you lower expectations and enjoy racing you might at least last in the sport.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

De Rauw-Sablon   Empty
PostSubject: Re: De Rauw-Sablon     De Rauw-Sablon   EmptySat May 11, 2013 1:26 pm

joe wheelo wrote:
note taking Sean and Don cheers for that as I said its good to know what strain is flying well for our races over here.
thanks lads
joe

Joe the coreemans are a sprint to middle distance pigeon mate

see what type of distance you want to compete at and source out getting the right pigeons for the required distance mate
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

De Rauw-Sablon   Empty
PostSubject: Re: De Rauw-Sablon     De Rauw-Sablon   EmptySat May 11, 2013 1:31 pm

Rudderfett wrote:
As I am living in wales and the type of pigeons we need are different to England, The lads on here answering your questions are the best to do that and know what they are talking about.

I only offer a different general perspective but one which has been crafted by experience, I would say that too many people start racing pigeons every year all over the country, they buy what they think are good birds and go at it expecting miricles, However the reality of racing is that after disapointments within 3 years they are gone.

My perspective on the birds is about enjoying them and making the most of what you have dispite what results you get, thing is you wont compete with these boys even if you are given the best, it will take time as they have experience on their side, I would say it takes 3/4 years to even start getting birds to compete if your a new starter, there have been exceptions but if you lower expectations and enjoy racing you might at least last in the sport.

I will second that Martyn

Joe take your time and be paticent mate dont run before you can walk we have all done the same but as time moves forward so will your standard of racing then all the fanciers you have asked for advice will start asking you questions Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
joe wheelo
Hatchling
Hatchling
joe wheelo

De Rauw-Sablon   Empty
PostSubject: Re: De Rauw-Sablon     De Rauw-Sablon   EmptySat May 11, 2013 5:56 pm

thanks Don good advice
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

De Rauw-Sablon   Empty
PostSubject: Re: De Rauw-Sablon     De Rauw-Sablon   EmptySat May 11, 2013 6:48 pm

joe wheelo wrote:
thanks Don good advice

No worries Joe just don't want it to look like i am telling you to suck eggs mate just dont want you to get disheartened and leave this great sport mate

If there is anything you need to know just post it on here and the members will help you out big time there are loads of good fanciers willing to give good advice
and tell you the truth

Not push you off and knock you down like the fanciers in your club
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

De Rauw-Sablon   Empty
PostSubject: Re: De Rauw-Sablon     De Rauw-Sablon   EmptySat May 11, 2013 8:21 pm

I will second that Don good advice mate.
Back to top Go down
joe wheelo
Hatchling
Hatchling
joe wheelo

De Rauw-Sablon   Empty
PostSubject: Re: De Rauw-Sablon     De Rauw-Sablon   EmptySat May 11, 2013 10:17 pm

thanks Don I know there is good lads on this site that's why I don't go to other forums, ive got some good advice off the lads already. and I don't plan on leaving this sport anytime soon I love it, I just have to get my system right and the right birds so I can give them a run for there money when I get it right if there's anything I need to know sure ill post cheers lads hope the race goes well for you's tomorrow i read they were held over.
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

De Rauw-Sablon   Empty
PostSubject: Re: De Rauw-Sablon     De Rauw-Sablon   EmptySat May 11, 2013 10:21 pm

ill say this once and once only and other that as a friend john weatcroft is the most honest gut you will deal with ask don and don is still learning he wont mind add mitting that but i know when don sets up where he is going im so sure if im wrong ill write don a check now for any amount he will say do one G lol
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

De Rauw-Sablon   Empty
PostSubject: Re: De Rauw-Sablon     De Rauw-Sablon   EmptySun May 12, 2013 10:25 am

first off you need the right tools ie the right pigeons do you want to sprint race up to 200 miles or do you want the longer distance stuff like i said i can help you out birds wise ,read as much as you can watch all the dvd and take little bits and add them to your system to suite your life style and pocket , this hobby as 100s of ways of winning and doing well
its up to you to put the work in to them as the saying goes you can,t win a race laying in bed when all the top flyers are up and about early morn, most weeks i work 12 hrs aday but i still manage about 2 hrs aday with the birds . good luck .
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

De Rauw-Sablon   Empty
PostSubject: Re: De Rauw-Sablon     De Rauw-Sablon   EmptySun May 12, 2013 10:35 am

ffs thats good comming from you kev can win laying in bed

your with beds all day ya lazy t**t lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

De Rauw-Sablon   Empty
PostSubject: Re: De Rauw-Sablon     De Rauw-Sablon   EmptySun May 12, 2013 11:13 am

birdy2011 wrote:
ill say this once and once only and other that as a friend john weatcroft is the most honest gut you will deal with ask don and don is still learning he wont mind add mitting that but i know when don sets up where he is going im so sure if im wrong ill write don a check now for any amount he will say do one G lol

G you are 110% correct mate and i dont mind saying i have always been brought up to tell the truth and you are right big time i am still learning but i think you can say that about any fancier even the best am learning something new

G yes i would say do one because this sport is all about helping people not making it hard for them as it difficult enough

As you will say this is the only sport were raw novice competes at the same level as a world champion (an we're not talking boxing now)

Must say John Wheatcroft is an ambassidor for this sport and a top fancier and person and is always willing to help and give good honest advice
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

De Rauw-Sablon   Empty
PostSubject: Re: De Rauw-Sablon     De Rauw-Sablon   Empty

Back to top Go down

De Rauw-Sablon
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Racing Pigeons,Show & Fancy Pigeons :: Message Forum :: General Discussions-
Jump to: