Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
rpra olr to-day Emptyby barnie Yesterday at 7:58 pm

» new hen for speed
rpra olr to-day Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 6:51 pm

» Good Morning
rpra olr to-day Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 10:21 am

» sorting birds out
rpra olr to-day Emptyby David Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:33 am

» new rules from Defra
rpra olr to-day Emptyby David Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:30 pm

» RPRA Auction ........
rpra olr to-day Emptyby David Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:40 pm

» overnight and multiple nights basket
rpra olr to-day Emptyby Knackered Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:21 pm

» Loft Location
rpra olr to-day Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:43 pm

» RPRA , WHAT DO THEY DO ?
rpra olr to-day Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:43 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) rpra olr to-day 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 64 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 64 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.rpra olr to-day Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
rpra olr to-day Vote_lcaprpra olr to-day Voting_barrpra olr to-day Vote_rcap 
David
oldstrain
barnie
Knackered
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1293 registered users
The newest registered user is Meddy78

Our users have posted a total of 221961 messages in 13973 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
rpra olr to-day Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
rpra olr to-day Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

rpra olr to-day

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

rpra olr to-day Empty
PostSubject: rpra olr to-day   rpra olr to-day EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 4:44 pm

things are not looking good for this race of 93 mls  to-day george
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

rpra olr to-day Empty
PostSubject: Re: rpra olr to-day   rpra olr to-day EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 5:12 pm

up at 8.10am by 5.00 only 179 birds home from 900 george
Back to top Go down
spencerline
Hatchling
Hatchling
spencerline

rpra olr to-day Empty
PostSubject: Re: rpra olr to-day   rpra olr to-day EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 6:16 pm

rainbow wrote:
up at 8.10am  by 5.00 only 179 birds home from 900  george

Hi Rainbow where is the info on this race? cheers Kev
Back to top Go down
http://www.algarvepigeonracing.webs.com
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

rpra olr to-day Empty
PostSubject: Re: rpra olr to-day   rpra olr to-day EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 6:30 pm

there website has gone down Jeremy is a member on pigeon chat and he has posted on there
Back to top Go down
spencerline
Hatchling
Hatchling
spencerline

rpra olr to-day Empty
PostSubject: Re: rpra olr to-day   rpra olr to-day EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 7:08 pm

rainbow wrote:
there website has gone down Jeremy is a member on pigeon chat and he has posted on there

Thanks George, I saw that the site had gone down. Hopefully they will make it back later.
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

rpra olr to-day Empty
PostSubject: Re: rpra olr to-day   rpra olr to-day EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 7:43 pm

the first 63 birds are up now he said he would update it to-night
Back to top Go down
spencerline
Hatchling
Hatchling
spencerline

rpra olr to-day Empty
PostSubject: Re: rpra olr to-day   rpra olr to-day EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 9:10 pm

rainbow wrote:
the first 63 birds are up now he said he would update it to-night

Thanks George I have just seen it, I wonder how many are home? time will tell.
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

rpra olr to-day Empty
PostSubject: Re: rpra olr to-day   rpra olr to-day EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 9:56 pm

223 birds home 673 still missing they split up at the lib mine may make it in to-morrow have you any in it george
Back to top Go down
spencerline
Hatchling
Hatchling
spencerline

rpra olr to-day Empty
PostSubject: Re: rpra olr to-day   rpra olr to-day EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 11:50 pm

rainbow wrote:
223 birds home 673 still missing  they split up  at the lib  mine may make it in to-morrow have you any in it george

Hi George, no not in the RPRA race our birds are in the Somerset OLR 4 birds under the name MISTREL MARAUDERS and a half share in a bird LAY BY/EYESIGN 101. I hope they make it back ok tomorrow, what was the weather like?  Kev
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

rpra olr to-day Empty
PostSubject: Re: rpra olr to-day   rpra olr to-day EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 4:34 am

weather was fine they split into 2 batches 1 went 30mls to stoke and circled there for some time it seems they had been splitting up like this for some time I think they took in too many birds 1300 which now means over 1000 are now missing george
Back to top Go down
spencerline
Hatchling
Hatchling
spencerline

rpra olr to-day Empty
PostSubject: Re: rpra olr to-day   rpra olr to-day EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 7:18 am

rainbow wrote:
weather was fine they split into 2 batches 1 went 30mls to stoke and circled there for some time it seems they had been splitting up like this for some time  I think they took in too many birds 1300 which now means over 1000 are now missing  george

Hi George it still doesnt show or tell the amount of birds that have returned on the RPRA website. I hope your birds come today along with many more. Kev
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

rpra olr to-day Empty
PostSubject: Re: rpra olr to-day   rpra olr to-day EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 7:32 am

rainbow wrote:
weather was fine they split into 2 batches 1 went 30mls to stoke and circled there for some time it seems they had been splitting up like this for some time  I think they took in too many birds 1300 which now means over 1000 are now missing  george

Boy oh Boy !!!!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes another disaster etc. I was just on the Alberta site yesterday, reading about the one loft race in Canada "2 peas in a pod" exactly the same story in many ways Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad. Running dairy for 6 months, a loft full of champions looking a milllion dollars so to speak lol! lol! lol! Unfortunately !!!!!!!! they then put them in the basket & all hell broke loose. It plays out something like this,1 mile, 1 mile, 2 mile, 2 mile, 3 mile, 5 mile & then the big one 25 miles Cool Cool Cool etc, started with 1200 pigeons in the loft at the start & over half of them have disappeared unfortunately. It's a mad mad world now where in. So some one like Ginger, who had a bit of misfortune recently here, shouldn't feel too down in the dumps etc. cheers 
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

rpra olr to-day Empty
PostSubject: Re: rpra olr to-day   rpra olr to-day EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 8:33 am

I know Kev they are taking no phone call's ,text messages or e mails any information is on another site george
Back to top Go down
spencerline
Hatchling
Hatchling
spencerline

rpra olr to-day Empty
PostSubject: Re: rpra olr to-day   rpra olr to-day EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 8:41 am

Knackered wrote:
rainbow wrote:

Boy oh Boy !!!!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes another disaster etc. I was just on the Alberta site yesterday, reading about the one loft race in Canada "2 peas in a pod" exactly the same story in many ways Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad. Running dairy for 6 months, a loft full of champions looking a milllion dollars so to speak lol! lol! lol! Unfortunately !!!!!!!! they then put them in the basket & all hell broke loose. It plays out something like this,1 mile, 1 mile, 2 mile, 2 mile, 3 mile, 5 mile & then the big one 25 miles Cool Cool Cool etc, started with 1200 pigeons in the loft at the start & over half of them have disappeared unfortunately. It's a mad mad world now where in. So some one like Ginger, who had a bit of misfortune recently here, shouldn't feel too down in the dumps etc. cheers 

Hi Knackered I have just been looking at the Canadian International OLR and like the RPRA race yesterday surprise surprise there is no info about the full amount of returns on the Website. I always think it is better to just tell it like it is whatever happens rather than try to hide the bad news hoping things will improve before revealing the results.
The best way with the OL races is to be like the Algarve Golden race where Everything is televised over the internet live. Loft flying, in the loft and all training and races. This way the owners are not so anxious when kept in the dark about the truth. (Its strange how the websites go down or clam up when something bad happens) Shocked 
The old saying "No News is Good News" doesnt hold water for the owners of birds in OL events.
Lets hope the birds in both these events can work their way back home.
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

rpra olr to-day Empty
PostSubject: Re: rpra olr to-day   rpra olr to-day EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 8:58 am

in January Kev they ask a fancier for £150 so his bird could stay in as a yearlying when he paid the money he found out his bird was no longer there seems the rules say they can do that george
Back to top Go down
spencerline
Hatchling
Hatchling
spencerline

rpra olr to-day Empty
PostSubject: Re: rpra olr to-day   rpra olr to-day EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 9:12 am

rainbow wrote:
in January Kev they ask a fancier for £150 so his bird could stay in as a yearlying when he paid the money he found out his bird was no longer there seems the rules say they can do that george

Hi George that happened to us in the Europa classic a few years ago. We had a bird that had raced exceptionally well from our 3 entries and finished high in the acebirds. You had the option to leave the bird in and pay 150GBP to race as a yearling. The top so many birds were auctioned off and our bird was in top form until the final when he lost 35 mins on the leaders in a bunch finish.
This meant he was one of the proven top performers left in the lofts after the sale. He mysteriously dissapeared before the yearlings training began.
To be fair the Europa let me pick another bird to represent us in the Yearling event but there was nothing in our missing birds class left in the race. I often wonder if the bird got auctioned or sold by mistake as I know for a fact that this has happened in the past.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

rpra olr to-day Empty
PostSubject: Re: rpra olr to-day   rpra olr to-day EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 9:20 am

spencerline wrote:
Knackered wrote:
rainbow wrote:

Hi Knackered I have just been looking at the Canadian International OLR and like the RPRA race yesterday surprise surprise there is no info about the full amount of returns on the Website. I always think it is better to just tell it like it is whatever happens rather than try to hide the bad news hoping things will improve before revealing the results.
The best way with the OL races is to be like the Algarve Golden race where Everything is televised over the internet live. Loft flying, in the loft and all training and races. This way the owners are not so anxious when kept in the dark about the truth. (Its strange how the websites go down or clam up when something bad happens) Shocked 
The old saying "No News is Good News" doesnt hold water for the owners of birds in OL events.
Lets hope the birds in both these events can work their way back home.

Fair enough comment Kev "Unfortunately" we live in a society sadly where certain people believe you must gild the lily (Be kind) as the truth is a bit harsh at times. It all comes out in the end thou lol! lol! lol! as you say. Just think of our politicians as an example. The one thing I scratch my head in amazement with, in that Canada race. Is why would you bother to basket up hundreds of pigeons etc to just take them a mile down the road. Time & effort were just wasted in my view "Strange". cheers 
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

rpra olr to-day Empty
PostSubject: Re: rpra olr to-day   rpra olr to-day EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 10:06 am

the reason Knackered for starting off at 1 ml then 2,3 is OL birds do not range they also don't like flying round the loft george
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

rpra olr to-day Empty
PostSubject: Re: rpra olr to-day   rpra olr to-day EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 10:20 am

rainbow wrote:
the reason Knackered for starting off at 1 ml  then 2,3 is OL birds do not range  they also don't like flying round the loft george

i didnt know that george, no wonder so many get lost then.......scratch 
Back to top Go down
spencerline
Hatchling
Hatchling
spencerline

rpra olr to-day Empty
PostSubject: Re: rpra olr to-day   rpra olr to-day EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 1:43 pm

David wrote:
rainbow wrote:
the reason Knackered for starting off at 1 ml  then 2,3 is OL birds do not range  they also don't like flying round the loft george

i didnt know that george,  no wonder so many get lost then.......scratch 

There are just as many percentage wise being lost from fanciers own lofts from what I have read on various sites and heard from different people, its just the more birds you have in one place the more you lose. Many fanciers are already not sending as they are frightened of losing them, I say send them and the ones that come back are worth another chance as yearlings.
Those that dont come back I would be looking closely at their parents in the stock loft and thinking about their futures, lol.Very Happy

Last edited by spencerline on Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

rpra olr to-day Empty
PostSubject: Re: rpra olr to-day   rpra olr to-day EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 1:47 pm

latest from rpra is there site has been hacked lol
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

rpra olr to-day Empty
PostSubject: Re: rpra olr to-day   rpra olr to-day EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 2:03 pm

spencerline wrote:
David wrote:
rainbow wrote:

There are just as many percentage wise being lost from fanciers own lofts from what I have read on various sites and heard from different people, its just the more birds you have in one place the more you lose. Many fanciers are already not sending as they are frightened of losing them, I say send them and the ones that come back are worth another chance as yearlings.
Those that dont come back I would be looking closely at their parents in the stock loft and thinking about their futures, lol.Very Happy

i think theres far too much crap being bred anyway spencerline......plus inadiquate training/management adds to the problem also, but 300 pigeons left out of 1300 entered is a pretty high percentage of losses i would say.......
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

rpra olr to-day Empty
PostSubject: Re: rpra olr to-day   rpra olr to-day EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 2:27 pm

rpra have now changed server but people not able to report birds as yet still waiting on update from 254 birds at 8.0 am george
Back to top Go down
spencerline
Hatchling
Hatchling
spencerline

rpra olr to-day Empty
PostSubject: Re: rpra olr to-day   rpra olr to-day EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 3:00 pm

David wrote:
spencerline wrote:
David wrote:
rainbow wrote:

i think theres far too much crap being bred anyway spencerline......plus inadiquate training/management adds to the problem also,  but 300 pigeons left out of 1300 entered is a pretty high percentage of losses i would say.......

I agree but the One loft race is not responsible for crap being bred they just have to train and race the birds they are given. From the 1300 that began there were 900 by the 2nd race so they were fit by now and only 33% are back but as they are fit and healthy many more should still make it home. I havent looked but surely there are records of what training the birds have done. After all it was only 90 miles not Pau national, lol.  If an individual fancier has  30 birds and loses 20 then this is the same it just doesnt sound as bad.
Many have faired worse than that this year, it is all over the websites about losses, many have lost the lot and packed up for the season afer a couple of short races.
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

rpra olr to-day Empty
PostSubject: Re: rpra olr to-day   rpra olr to-day EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 3:07 pm

there may now be another problem for the rpra and that is the courier cost if a large number of the 640 birds are reported also the owner may well not want it to return to the loft and again who pays the cost george
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

rpra olr to-day Empty
PostSubject: Re: rpra olr to-day   rpra olr to-day Empty

Back to top Go down

rpra olr to-day
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next