Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
this might sound daft but Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 9:05 am

» Weather today
this might sound daft but Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 7:42 am

» King removes Patronage
this might sound daft but Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
this might sound daft but Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
this might sound daft but Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
this might sound daft but Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
this might sound daft but Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
this might sound daft but Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
this might sound daft but Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) this might sound daft but 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 51 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 50 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.this might sound daft but Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
this might sound daft but Vote_lcapthis might sound daft but Voting_barthis might sound daft but Vote_rcap 
David
this might sound daft but Vote_lcapthis might sound daft but Voting_barthis might sound daft but Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222765 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
this might sound daft but Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
this might sound daft but Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

this might sound daft but

Go down 
+4
friendsloft
David
IANYOUNG
phil411
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
phil411
Youngbird
Youngbird
phil411

this might sound daft but Empty
PostSubject: this might sound daft but   this might sound daft but EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 9:19 pm

her we go colleen my wife as started asking stuff about raceing yb and old birds and she asked me why do people breed as many y/b and i said as ppl breed extra for there loses and so on then she asked if we all
if say you breed 30 young birds how many doo you think would be left at the end of a young bird season ....
as ive told her i could lose them all in the first race but it depends on training ....
so what is everyone else thoughts
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: this might sound daft but   this might sound daft but EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 9:25 pm

i think phil an average would be around a third for loses but your right you could have one bad race and loose the lot heaven forbid
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: this might sound daft but   this might sound daft but EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 9:26 pm

your right phil, you only need a smash/bad race and all your team could be wiped out........hear regular fanciers loosing half their team inone bad race. affraid
Back to top Go down
friendsloft
Youngbird
Youngbird
friendsloft

PostSubject: Re: this might sound daft but   this might sound daft but EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 9:27 pm

i only breed a small team last year lost 3 but the year before i couldent hold onto them
Ken
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/friendsloft/index.htm
Lightning
Hatchling
Hatchling
Lightning

PostSubject: Re: this might sound daft but   this might sound daft but EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 9:31 pm

ian wrote:
i think phil an average would be around a third for loses but your right you could have one bad race and loose the lot heaven forbid

AGREE, i feel your most vulnerable when training as the whole batch is yours and if BOP decides to strike then the losses are all yours Sad

have had this happen and witnessed a double pronged attacked on my youngsters (HEARTBREAKING BELIEVE ME).....advise to liberate in smaller groups reduce the risk odds Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
phil411
Youngbird
Youngbird
phil411

PostSubject: Re: this might sound daft but   this might sound daft but EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 9:33 pm

yea ive heard of lads with 100 yb and left with 6 at the end but im breeding 30 and hoping for a good first year ... and got told today to give it all me best with the yb and hopeful i will do well as not many fly yb in the club ... its mainly o/b as i been talking to the old flyer next door to me tonight
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: this might sound daft but   this might sound daft but EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 9:37 pm

will you be putting the ybs on dark or keeping them natural phil.....?
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: this might sound daft but   this might sound daft but EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 9:38 pm

cant understand phil why people dont fly there youngbirds this is part of there training and i think is a must to rac them as youngbirds all experience
Back to top Go down
phil411
Youngbird
Youngbird
phil411

PostSubject: Re: this might sound daft but   this might sound daft but EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 9:47 pm

well i was thinking of dark ive been down today working out the sliders and doing the perches and sorting the ground out to pop a sitting cabin up then i have two section then one on dark and other natural and was going to fly natural to 150miles or try for a push befor there dropping to bits

and already had the bops around and got one but i was in good hands today and now think we will be on bop missing
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: this might sound daft but   this might sound daft but EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 1:06 pm

hi phil, ill be putting the ybs on dark this year, i havnt raced for years so its a new system to me but by what ive read/been told by our members its the best way to fly ybs if you want to win as naturals cannot compete against the darks (so ive been told)
my main problem at the moment is how im going to darken the yb section down, and make it so i can then lighten it during the day..... scratch
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: this might sound daft but   this might sound daft but EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 2:58 pm

the easiest way david is quite simple put wooden shutters on the outside which can be easily removed
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: this might sound daft but   this might sound daft but EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 4:41 pm

Very Happy well I can tell you down here in loverly pembrokeshire, you can loose 2/3 training, its that bad for perigrines. f####g loads of them ..There is a fancier only a few miles from me who breeds 200 ybs and sometimes more, he is a good fancier and wins lots. He ended up with 19 after racing this year. Shocked
Back to top Go down
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

PostSubject: Re: this might sound daft but   this might sound daft but EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 4:45 pm

only see hawks here, peregrines around ive been told havent seen any, but hawks everyday
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: this might sound daft but   this might sound daft but EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 4:47 pm

yes same here steve but have have the odd perigrene falcon
Back to top Go down
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

PostSubject: Re: this might sound daft but   this might sound daft but EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 4:56 pm

would like to see 1 flying to get in my loft with me stood at side of door, a few have had them fly in door here my chair is at side of door it would have to fly through it to get inside
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: this might sound daft but   this might sound daft but EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 5:05 pm

we have a few hawks as well ,going to let the birds out tomorrow but a bit wooried but nothing you can do about it
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: this might sound daft but   this might sound daft but EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 6:50 pm

ian wrote:
the easiest way david is quite simple put wooden shutters on the outside which can be easily removed
cant ian, sliding doors...... lol!
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: this might sound daft but   this might sound daft but EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 6:59 pm

do they slide inside are out side the loft
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: this might sound daft but   this might sound daft but EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 7:01 pm

slide on outside ian........... No
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: this might sound daft but   this might sound daft but EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 7:03 pm

well put shutter on outside of door if you have mesh at top and shutter on inside of windows
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: this might sound daft but   this might sound daft but EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 7:06 pm

this might sound daft but 036
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: this might sound daft but   this might sound daft but EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 7:08 pm

need a closer look david
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: this might sound daft but   this might sound daft but EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 7:20 pm

Back to top Go down
phil411
Youngbird
Youngbird
phil411

PostSubject: Re: this might sound daft but   this might sound daft but EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 7:40 pm

david u could try like me im just putting ply board over the windows and slideing them in and out or was thinking of putting boards on the windows and then just opening the door on the loft as day light in as i have aivry slideing doors
but was taking to old guy today and he said to try roundabout natural for the first year with yb

and he told me to try

what i have understood is:

Cocks in 1 section, hens in the other.
The hens are let out of their section to fly around home.
Whilst the hens are out the cocks are moved over to the hens section.
The hens trap back into the cocks section and are fed.
Whilst they are feeding the cocks are let out.
Whislt the cock are out , then hens are moved back to their section.
The cocks trap back to their section and are fed.

Before basketing both cocks and hens are mixed together in both sections.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: this might sound daft but   this might sound daft but EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 7:48 pm

thought of doing similar phil, so when the door is open that gives the daylight.....only problem with doing this for me is that there is a lot of cats round my house and they would be alwayds looking into the loft and scaring the birds....... pale

i would have a word with ken about the system the old bloe told you about because as far as i can remember he does something very similar.........i do know ray also flys roundabout but i dont know his methods, but you could also ask him too..... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: this might sound daft but   this might sound daft but Empty

Back to top Go down

this might sound daft but
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next