Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
CONDITION AND FORM FOR RACING PIGEONS Emptyby Knackered Today at 5:08 am

» overnight and multiple nights basket
CONDITION AND FORM FOR RACING PIGEONS Emptyby Knackered Today at 5:00 am

» Weather today
CONDITION AND FORM FOR RACING PIGEONS Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:59 am

» RPRA Auction
CONDITION AND FORM FOR RACING PIGEONS Emptyby David Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:04 pm

» First post on pigeon categories
CONDITION AND FORM FOR RACING PIGEONS Emptyby oldstrain Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:26 am

» Catching a pigeon
CONDITION AND FORM FOR RACING PIGEONS Emptyby oldstrain Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:25 am

» RPRA Latest .
CONDITION AND FORM FOR RACING PIGEONS Emptyby David Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:14 pm

» RPRA Levy ?
CONDITION AND FORM FOR RACING PIGEONS Emptyby David Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:43 am

» RPRA , WHAT DO THEY DO ?
CONDITION AND FORM FOR RACING PIGEONS Emptyby David Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:35 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) CONDITION AND FORM FOR RACING PIGEONS 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 36 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 36 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.CONDITION AND FORM FOR RACING PIGEONS Resise10
Top posting users this week
oldstrain
CONDITION AND FORM FOR RACING PIGEONS Vote_lcapCONDITION AND FORM FOR RACING PIGEONS Voting_barCONDITION AND FORM FOR RACING PIGEONS Vote_rcap 
David
CONDITION AND FORM FOR RACING PIGEONS Vote_lcapCONDITION AND FORM FOR RACING PIGEONS Voting_barCONDITION AND FORM FOR RACING PIGEONS Vote_rcap 
Knackered
barnie
tanveerhbaig
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1293 registered users
The newest registered user is Meddy78

Our users have posted a total of 221835 messages in 13968 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
CONDITION AND FORM FOR RACING PIGEONS Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
CONDITION AND FORM FOR RACING PIGEONS Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

CONDITION AND FORM FOR RACING PIGEONS

Go down 
AuthorMessage
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

CONDITION AND FORM FOR RACING PIGEONS Empty
PostSubject: CONDITION AND FORM FOR RACING PIGEONS   CONDITION AND FORM FOR RACING PIGEONS EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 7:23 am

CONDITION AND FORM FOR RACING PIGEONS.
Prelude to Part 2
By Jack Barkel

In part one we mentioned form, but concentrated on condition, I have kept them separate as they need two entirely different approaches to make them work for you. As I said in the previous article, when I am approached to explain condition my opening statement is CONDITION IS VISIBLE, and when asked to explain form, my opening statement is FORM IS INVISIBLE. Once a fancier can accept this, he is well on the path to using both to his best advantage. The reader must understand, that there are many who will, and do disagree with what I am about to reveal, but let me assure you these people have never really mastered the art. They take short cuts and say, they still reach peak form, or that they fly widowhood ( a future article) and even make such remarks as, they fly Semi- Widowhood. Before continuing let me say there is no such thing as semi or half widowhood, one either follows it fully with the variations or it will not work, no matter what the critics say.
We explained that condition was more or less a monthly cycle, whereas form is an Annual cycle and has a time of the year when it will manifest itself naturally, but can be made to manifest itself at a time which is best to the pigeon fanciers advantage. It will increase this form over an average period of Seven Weeks, but can be increased to ten weeks. Once it is gone it is gone for the year, and nothing tried in this day and age or previously has ever been found to bring it back again that season. When a pigeon has reached its peak form, you can usually see an immediate decline in performance from then onwards, the more you practice this art the more you will come to recognize when it happens and when the decline is going to happen. The bird at this peak in his period of health will give the performance of his life if it has the necessary attributes. To send it again after this supreme effort can destroy its kidneys and liver and even the heart for life. I often wonder how many of us have butchered our best bird in the urge to get that extra win.
In the Northern Hemisphere the races usually commence in the Spring and Old Bird races last plus or minus eight to ten weeks. This allows N.H. fanciers to race one team and also to allow them to come into form naturally all at the same time, unless some are only earmarked for the long distance races and then must be brought into form a little later than the short to middle distance birds, The fancier who thinks he can do the latter in the one loft is kidding himself, and is not racing on form but condition. There will most likely come a time when a pigeon in a loft like this will hit form by accident and the owner spends the next couple of years trying to ascertain what he did right. Preparation for me is the be all and end all of great success, have you noticed that the classics are dominated in good lofts by the same pigeon at the same time of the year, several years in succession. Show me this fancier and I will show you a fancier that has mastered the art of pigeon racing. When he is accused of being a mob flyer he sends one bird to the National and beats all his critics. This happens , I can quote many cases that have been written about and recorded, I have every respect for the fancier who wins a National or scores well up in the prizes, but the person who makes a habit of it is the person to whom we must try and borrow a leaf out of their book. Unfortunately very few of these greats are prepared to make the same effort to help others. I once asked one of these great fanciers the reason for their silence, he explained that while they do not attempt to help they are respected by all, but once they try to tell others how it is done, they are subjected to verbal harassment, ridicule, insults and much more. Well, I am not one of the greats, but I am in possession of some of the greatest secrets known to the pigeon racing fraternity and will be prepared to volunteer this information to the people who would like to come along with me on these weekly articles.
In the Southern Hemisphere the pattern is very different, June ,July and August are the winter months and that is the commencement of our races also. Because it is very cold the birds do not wish to mate and some have not fully completed the moult, we can not go through the process of breeding young birds to follow straight on after the old bird races so we usually have twenty or more Old Bird Races. Because of this we need to induce three separate teams to hit form at three separate times slightly overlapping each other, one seven weeks batch or team taking over after the other. The S.H. fanciers that are not aware of this form pair up all their birds at the same time and the majority of these will then come into form at the same time. The records will prove me right that the fancier who fits this category will specialize at the period of ninety days after they paired up their birds and the rest of the season they will only have moderate success. If one only has moderate fanciers in a club or Federation it does not matter much, but if the competition is of world class standards then such a fancier can have no more than 40% highs and no less than 60% lows.
All of this may sound long winded, and I have tried to keep it interesting, my main object being to try and induce the fancier to see that we are using the knowledge available that we can liken to the tip of the iceberg. The other 66 % of the iceberg is where we need to be if we are to progress much further than we are already. In next weeks issue we will reveal how to make this all happen for you at the time you need to make it happen, in other words, you will be in control completely of which races a particular bird will give you of its best. This will take out a lot of the guess work of when to have your birds come into form. In the weeks ahead while still on the subject of racing we will cover Natural Methods and tricks, widowhood, Roundabout System, Celibacy, jealousy, purging, purifying, before eventually moving on to breeding techniques, eyesign, and many many general everyday tips. I do not profess to know it all, but I will reveal the knowledge I have gained in my sojourn through the pigeon world. This article may appear to contain very little of value, but I feel that without this prelude or run up to the next article, we could easily miss the importance of form and its preferance to only racing on condition.
Back to top Go down

CONDITION AND FORM FOR RACING PIGEONS
Page 1 of 1