Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
is this right Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:13 am

» Good Morning
is this right Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:12 am

» come join us
is this right Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
is this right Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
is this right Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:19 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
is this right Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
is this right Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
is this right Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
is this right Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) is this right 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 31 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 31 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.is this right Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
is this right Vote_lcapis this right Voting_baris this right Vote_rcap 
David
barnie
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222849 messages in 14006 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
is this right Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
is this right Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

is this right

Go down 
+6
David
steve1952
smilinassassin
Lightning
Rudderfett
IANYOUNG
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

is this right Empty
PostSubject: is this right   is this right EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 8:18 am

have been contacted by a few members about this matter ,this is to do with youngbird auction , we had a new member registered yesterday hours later has put a bid on youngbirds then disappeared, has he joined this forum just for tthe youngbird auction , and most of all will anybody else do the same ,i certain we wont see these members again after auction, in that case thisis wrong, this auction should be for existing members at the start of the auction, also going back to the member who has just joined and placed id if you look at his profile no information has been entered so hes clearly not stopping,this is very wrong whats your view please give comment,ian
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

is this right Empty
PostSubject: Re: is this right   is this right EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 9:35 am

I agree Ian, we must be on the lookout for people who might be jelous of this sucessful site, even maybe people conected with problems and reasons there is an auction If you know what I MEAN, THEY MIGHT WANT TO DISRUPT THE AUCTION. So I think just like bogus bids on ebay that just run you up and never pay they should be deleted.
Back to top Go down
Lightning
Hatchling
Hatchling
Lightning

is this right Empty
PostSubject: Re: is this right   is this right EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 9:49 am

HI Guys,
i think you are both right that we dont need any disruptors on site, but in this instance "Parky" is not one of them......he is a gentleman of the sport and maybe not as clued as some with the computers and how to navigate round site and input profile etc etc

I'm sure he will stick around, maybe not as vocal as some but thats just his mild mannered, chilled out way... :lol!

Also pressume this is just his way of supporting the auction and the club of which he is still a member of

Cheers

Mark Very Happy
Back to top Go down
smilinassassin
Hatchling
Hatchling
smilinassassin

is this right Empty
PostSubject: Re: is this right   is this right EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 10:40 am

Hi All,
vader & myself can also vouch for parky, as lightning says he is a true gentleman, just taking part in the auction to help out Earlstown F/C, which he is a valued member, and to which both vader & friendsloft are working so hard to save!
May I also say on behalf of all Earlstown members, Thank You All, for your help and support in keeping a great club going, because it's things like this that make you all so special!
cheers pat
Back to top Go down
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

is this right Empty
PostSubject: Re: is this right   is this right EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 12:51 pm

i agree members only who were on forum at start of sale
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

is this right Empty
PostSubject: Re: is this right   is this right EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 1:24 pm

i think you have to draw the line somewhere i thinkonly the members who were members when auction started can bid this will stop anybody joining just to bid on youngbirds
Back to top Go down
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

is this right Empty
PostSubject: Re: is this right   is this right EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 1:30 pm

ian wrote:
i think you have to draw the line somewhere i thinkonly the members who were members when auction started can bid this will stop anybody joining just to bid on youngbirds

yes theres been more guests watching than members online, big guys could come and take all best lots unfair to members
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

is this right Empty
PostSubject: Re: is this right   is this right EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 1:41 pm

thing is do we let this happen or not scratch scratch
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

is this right Empty
PostSubject: Re: is this right   is this right EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 2:55 pm

noticed we had a new member yesterday and that he had bid, but when you consider the user name i think you are all talking about is parky, and the birds he has bid on belong to kieth parkinson its not rocket scence to realise this man is the person who has donated the birds and is doing his bit to help the cause.......

i for one congratulate him on his efforts in both donating to the auction and also for his involvement in the bidding........good man.

re our members being out bid on lots, we will only bid up to what we think the birds are worth and if they go for more then thats life...........if i get outbid so what ?

welcome to the site parky, and i hope you stay around after the auction and get involved with our topics...... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

is this right Empty
PostSubject: Re: is this right   is this right EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 2:59 pm

yes we all hope he stays ,as with all new members david
Back to top Go down
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

is this right Empty
PostSubject: Re: is this right   is this right EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 3:56 pm

DAVID wrote:
noticed we had a new member yesterday and that he had bid, but when you consider the user name i think you are all talking about is parky, and the birds he has bid on belong to kieth parkinson its not rocket scence to realise this man is the person who has donated the birds and is doing his bit to help the cause.......

i for one congratulate him on his efforts in both donating to the auction and also for his involvement in the bidding........good man.

re our members being out bid on lots, we will only bid up to what we think the birds are worth and if they go for more then thats life...........if i get outbid so what ?

welcome to the site parky, and i hope you stay around after the auction and get involved with our topics...... Very Happy
i put a opening bid on my y/bs just to start it off at £10, i wouldnt bid on my own after its been bid on like it has now, the more they go for the better but i wont push the price up by bidding on them, also they will only go to members who were here at start of auction
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

is this right Empty
PostSubject: Re: is this right   is this right EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 4:24 pm

so what your saying david hes bidding on his own pigeons to up the bids scratch scratch
Back to top Go down
Lightning
Hatchling
Hatchling
Lightning

is this right Empty
PostSubject: Re: is this right   is this right EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 4:37 pm

i think this has been taken out of context and no upset was intended

i know parky and he has built this family up over many years and i have never known him to buy "outside" birds, there is nothing nasty intended its just that he has his family and sticks to it.

You will find that he is basically wanting to buy his own birds back (i have seen him do this at presentation evenings, just an easy way of making a donation in a roundabout kind of way) from the onset of the idea behind this auction and Ken/Dad asking the few remaining members to donate youngsters and then getting the overwhelming support from you guys on here, knowing parky he would have rather given a donation than give away some of his birds (small team) hence why he is buying them back

rather an expensive way around, but such is the gentleman and the value he places on his birds.
Back to top Go down
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

is this right Empty
PostSubject: Re: is this right   is this right EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 4:44 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
i think this has been taken out of context and no upset was intended

i know parky and he has built this family up over many years and i have never known him to buy "outside" birds, there is nothing nasty intended its just that he has his family and sticks to it.

You will find that he is basically wanting to buy his own birds back (i have seen him do this at presentation evenings, just an easy way of making a donation in a roundabout kind of way) from the onset of the idea behind this auction and Ken/Dad asking the few remaining members to donate youngsters and then getting the overwhelming support from you guys on here, knowing parky he would have rather given a donation than give away some of his birds (small team) hence why he is buying them back

rather an expensive way around, but such is the gentleman and the value he places on his birds.
i can see what you mean mate, he should have donated money instead of putting y/bs in auction i know at least 1 will be sick not being able to buy them, im sure parky will understand reason this has been said
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

is this right Empty
PostSubject: Re: is this right   is this right EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 4:47 pm

so then he should have said people on here thought they had a chance of these birds but obviously not
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

is this right Empty
PostSubject: Re: is this right   is this right EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 4:49 pm

ian wrote:
so what your saying david hes bidding on his own pigeons to up the bids scratch scratch

so ian, what is your thoughts on fred holbard opening his bid with £50 on his wn bird.....?

fred, not having a pop at you.....just using it as an example
Back to top Go down
Lightning
Hatchling
Hatchling
Lightning

is this right Empty
PostSubject: Re: is this right   is this right EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 4:52 pm

I'm sure that if he see's that someone wants them he will let them go, can honestly say that it was done innocently and that in his eyes he was "just making a donation to the club"

if that was me, i'd be glad to let them go LOL cos thats some donation

LOL, i can see him now................he'll have a long drag on his pipe and say "ah well, not to worry"
lol! lol! lol!

certainly would not have meant any upset
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

is this right Empty
PostSubject: Re: is this right   is this right EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 4:53 pm

yes thats fine but if anybody wants them iam sure he wouldnt bid again this was just a starting bid as he knows there worth
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

is this right Empty
PostSubject: Re: is this right   is this right EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 4:55 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
I'm sure that if he see's that someone wants them he will let them go, can honestly say that it was done innocently and that in his eyes he was "just making a donation to the club"

if that was me, i'd be glad to let them go LOL cos thats some donation

LOL, i can see him now................he'll have a long drag on his pipe and say "ah well, not to worry"
lol! lol! lol!

certainly would not have meant any upset
yes i can see this but iam only looking at it from the members point of view iyou can see why some people would be upset
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

is this right Empty
PostSubject: Re: is this right   is this right EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 9:59 pm

Fair comment Lightning McQueen about parky

The none thing i would say is if he wants to bye back then so be it the main thing is the site can get the most money for the birds and the cause for Ken
Back to top Go down
littlehen
Hatchling
Hatchling
littlehen

is this right Empty
PostSubject: Re: is this right   is this right EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 10:42 pm

whats going on david, not been on for a few weeks and your site seems to be getting like all the others, bickering and backstabbing. thought this auction was for a good cause scratch
Back to top Go down
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

is this right Empty
PostSubject: Re: is this right   is this right EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 11:13 pm

nobody is backstabbing, you said you havent been on for weeks then 2nd post bickering, so you cant accuse anybody
Back to top Go down
littlehen
Hatchling
Hatchling
littlehen

is this right Empty
PostSubject: Re: is this right   is this right EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 12:01 am

just making fair comment of what i see, i was addressing david not you. as i said i havnt been on for a couple of weeks and have noticed a change in the site, and not for the better unfortuatly. if i have made an unfair comment im sure david will let me know Very Happy

dont get your knickers in a twist fella, its only a pigeon site after all geek and by the way ill be coming on more often if thats ok with you geek clown
Back to top Go down
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

is this right Empty
PostSubject: Re: is this right   is this right EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 6:32 am

accusing members of backstabbing isnt a fair comment, like you im just commenting
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

is this right Empty
PostSubject: Re: is this right   is this right EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 8:23 am

littlehen wrote:
just making fair comment of what i see, i was addressing david not you. as i said i havnt been on for a couple of weeks and have noticed a change in the site, and not for the better unfortuatly. if i have made an unfair comment im sure david will let me know Very Happy

dont get your knickers in a twist fella, its only a pigeon site after all geek and by the way ill be coming on more often if thats ok with you geek clown
littlehen nobody is backstabbing on here site is a very good site and is on the up comments like yours are not apreciated this could be damaging to the forum, you have not been on for a few weeks like you say so you dont know what is going on , like i say no backstabbing has been going on what people have to say has been brought out in the open on here and has been sorted and we are moving on ,keep up the good work everyone and make this site a top one, we all know we wont see eye to eye everytime this is what its all about,
IAN
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

is this right Empty
PostSubject: Re: is this right   is this right Empty

Back to top Go down

is this right
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Racing Pigeons,Show & Fancy Pigeons :: Message Forum :: General Discussions-
Jump to: