Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
innoculating your birds Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 10:21 am

» Weather today
innoculating your birds Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:51 am

» sorting birds out
innoculating your birds Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:33 am

» new rules from Defra
innoculating your birds Emptyby David Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:30 pm

» RPRA Auction ........
innoculating your birds Emptyby David Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:40 pm

» overnight and multiple nights basket
innoculating your birds Emptyby Knackered Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:21 pm

» Loft Location
innoculating your birds Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:43 pm

» RPRA , WHAT DO THEY DO ?
innoculating your birds Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:43 am

» RPRA Auction
innoculating your birds Emptyby David Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:04 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) innoculating your birds 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 74 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 73 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.innoculating your birds Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
innoculating your birds Vote_lcapinnoculating your birds Voting_barinnoculating your birds Vote_rcap 
David
innoculating your birds Vote_lcapinnoculating your birds Voting_barinnoculating your birds Vote_rcap 
oldstrain
Knackered
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1293 registered users
The newest registered user is Meddy78

Our users have posted a total of 221952 messages in 13972 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
innoculating your birds Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
innoculating your birds Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

innoculating your birds

Go down 
+6
stormqueen
sj lofts
Knackered
Rudderfett
edgie
terryp
10 posters
AuthorMessage
terryp
Hatchling
Hatchling

innoculating your birds Empty
PostSubject: innoculating your birds   innoculating your birds EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 1:15 pm

HI EVERY ONE. just been reading the homing world article in there about having to get your birds innoculated by a vet this is in belgum. could this happen here. if it does might as well call it a day. not many could pay the vet fees. and youngsters could never come into pigeon racing. cheers for now terryp.
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

PostSubject: Re: innoculating your birds   innoculating your birds EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 5:41 pm

if pigeon persons carry out the correct procedure, i.e. vaccinate pigeons correctly and no stupid cheating, then i see no reason for vets to be involved, if this was to be the norm then it would have been imposed from the outcome cheers 
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: innoculating your birds   innoculating your birds EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 6:14 pm

I think you just hit the nail on the head, people are cheating and not doing it and that's a fact, Im over the top the other way and do mine twice a year as it isn't 100 % with youngsters and even with 1 jab it isn't enough sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: innoculating your birds   innoculating your birds EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 9:36 pm

Rudderfett wrote:
I think you just hit the nail on the head, people are cheating and not doing it and that's a fact, Im over the top the other way and do mine twice a year as it isn't 100 % with youngsters and even with 1 jab it isn't enough sometimes.

Differant vaccine to you Rudd down here  etc Smile Smile but that's the way we do it (twice) to make sure they get a proper dose. Strange thou !!!!!  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes everyone here say they are doing it ??? but we have had 29 lofts infected with the PMV by all reports in my local area, this year  bounce bounce. So I suspect a few are telling porkies, in what they are doing. Finally !!!, between the shakes  Smile  Smile  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad & the PMV issue when it hit down here etc a few years ago was the  finish of it all for me unfortunately back then. Thou !!! my new pill is working now  Wink  Wink & now I just have to get my head around the PMV issue.  cheers
Back to top Go down
sj lofts
Hatchling
Hatchling
sj lofts

PostSubject: Re: innoculating your birds   innoculating your birds EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 11:54 pm

tbo on the subject of inoculation why should you be worryin about what others people are doin its only there downfall cause its only theres that's gnna striken by it lol andi don't believe for a minute they gt advantage over some 1 that's done theres cause I new a few lads who didn't do theres last yr and they cudnt live with me but I wasn't bothered it wasn't gnna be mine that gt it lol . I do mine either in the nest as they don't jump about to much at 18 days old or as I wean them off to yb section then there done with . jmo like lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.stafvanreet.com/AboutUs.html
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: innoculating your birds   innoculating your birds EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 12:21 am

sj lofts wrote:
tbo on the subject of inoculation why should you be worryin about what others people are doin its only there downfall cause its only theres that's gnna striken by it lol andi  don't believe for a minute they gt advantage over some 1 that's done theres cause I new a few lads who didn't do theres last yr and they cudnt live with me but I wasn't bothered it wasn't gnna be mine that gt it lol  . I do mine either in the nest as they don't jump about to much at 18 days old or as I wean them off to yb section then there done with . jmo like lol

Very true in what you say Steve  Smile Smile Common sense tell's one what should be done etc re the PMV & for those that wish to dis-regard it type of thing, why should anyone worry if they get their fingers burnt. Here we have to sign a statutory declaration etc to say it has been done, before one can race. Which for adults, is rather juvenile  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes in my view. All that being said, I would never wish to see the situation where it has to be done by a Vet etc as that really would be the finish for a lot of people I suspect.  cheers
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: innoculating your birds   innoculating your birds EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 4:27 pm

do members vaccinate young birds as thy are being taken out of the nest.
or all done at the same time when all birds are weaned.
was told once the needle is put in the bottle it has a short life span.
after a while .
what do members think of this.
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: innoculating your birds   innoculating your birds EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 4:41 pm

anyone that dont do it must be crackers there heading for a time bomb

soon the rule will be either vets do it or when you purchase rings you will only get the rings when you purchase the vacine that way they can monitoer who has and who hasnt brought the vacine dont mean they will use it but there is more chance they will cus they paid for it
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

PostSubject: Re: innoculating your birds   innoculating your birds EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 5:20 pm

a few years ago i used to show giant runts and hungarian giant house pigeons, i rang the company who manufactured vaccine and asked if i should inject them with a double dose due to there size and weight i.e. 4 1b average, i was told that 1 injection of the normal dose was more than enough, as the dose was already more than required, and could i also say that if you inject young birds in the nest at around 20 days old you will not get young bird sickness, any vaccine left if kept in fridge will keep for a good while. hope this information helps cheers 
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: innoculating your birds   innoculating your birds EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 6:25 pm

thanks edgie.
we all ways vaccinated our birds in one lot.
but with my son gary getting married last year and moving 130 miles away.
I will have to do it myself . so doing it when thy leave the nest will be great for me. Cool 
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: innoculating your birds   innoculating your birds EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 7:03 pm

can we do it our selves ? ive always got the club sec to do it with witnesses to sign the form........... scratch 
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: innoculating your birds   innoculating your birds EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 7:06 pm

will look into it david.
if not will just get some won up to do it.
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

PostSubject: Re: innoculating your birds   innoculating your birds EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 7:16 pm

David wrote:
can we do it our selves ? ive always got the club sec to do it with witnesses to sign the form........... scratch 
if you do your own you know they are done,anybody can sighn it, if ministry want to check they will blood test them at your expence i suppose. cheers 
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: innoculating your birds   innoculating your birds EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 7:17 pm

ok john, I know one or 2 in the club do it for other members, and they need to have a couple to witness it being done as far as im aware........if you can do it your self or not, im not sure  scratch 
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: innoculating your birds   innoculating your birds EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 7:19 pm

edgie wrote:
David wrote:
if you do your own you know they are done,anybody can sighn it, if ministry want to check they will blood test them at your expence i suppose. cheers 

so to abide by the rules do you need the man who is jabbing them to sign, and a witness or two to see it being done edgie...?
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: innoculating your birds   innoculating your birds EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 7:26 pm

you should have 2 witness and the vacs number on your form should a transporter get pulled over at random and they select lets say 10 to 20 birds the driver and all secs club and fed must have proof all birds on that transporter are vacinanted so if your sec dont check then there in the sh**e and the birds wont go any further down the road the lot will be turned back
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

PostSubject: Re: innoculating your birds   innoculating your birds EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 7:27 pm

David wrote:
edgie wrote:
David wrote:

so to abide by the rules do you need the man who is jabbing them to sign, and a witness or two to see it being done edgie...?
man that does them and 1 witnes, if you want them done before i move let me know, its not a problem cheers
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: innoculating your birds   innoculating your birds EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 10:45 pm

I think this topic or similar has been discussed before, and I have to admit I have had PMV at my lofts, not my new lofts but many years ago, and if people don't want to vaccinate and cheat then believe me they are cheating only themselves.

It is a savage disease and that's why there is a fuss about it and we need to vaccinate, I even had birds with it that had been vaccinated as ybs once, but they had a milder form which they recovered from after months, yes months not weeks.

If you get it then its at your peril, it wont kill a few birds and ruin a weeks racing it will destroy your loft, which is what it did to mine, they will be sick for 4 months the ones who don't die within days, and that will be most of them, and most of the recovered ones will never race again, never be right and will stay a carrier and threaten your loft, so is it worth a gamble for a few quid you decide, but take it from me you will be ruined.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: innoculating your birds   innoculating your birds EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 11:20 pm

To be honest the best way to combat this situation would be if all clubs was to buy in bulk and have a selected date which all members can bring there birds to the club house and be vaccinated

This will provide the required witnesses and this would also allow everything to be recorded correctly

This may help to reduce costs

Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: innoculating your birds   innoculating your birds EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 4:53 am

Don Webb wrote:
To be honest the best way to combat this situation would be if all clubs was to buy in bulk and have a selected date which all members can bring there birds to the club house and be vaccinated

This will provide the required witnesses and this would also allow everything to be recorded correctly

In a perfect world Don  Smile Smile that could work what you say etc. But real life in this game is somewhat differant for most "I think"  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes. I would suggest Wink Wink  like in life one has to be accountable for ones own actions type of thing & if one is foolish/stupid enough to attempt to bypass the norm re the PMV, then they will pay the price at some stage & all this documentation etc that is required with this issue really serves no purpose. Except to keep the bureaucrat's/officials happy. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: innoculating your birds   innoculating your birds EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 10:42 am

as far as I know the two forms you get with the vaccine is one for you to keep (copy) and one for the secretary to keep......at all we do in our club is show it at the first yb race or old bird race, and that's it for the season.
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: innoculating your birds   innoculating your birds EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 11:58 am

Excellent idea from Don web, make it compulsory, members can get together for marking once they start racing so no excuses for a get together to vaccinate....top man Don.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: innoculating your birds   innoculating your birds EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 12:29 pm

Rudderfett wrote:
Excellent idea from Don web, make it compulsory, members can get together for marking once they start racing so no excuses for a get together to vaccinate....top man Don.

Cheers Martyn

But I know nothing
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: innoculating your birds   innoculating your birds EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 10:08 pm

Don Webb wrote:

That is the norm here.
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: innoculating your birds   innoculating your birds EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 6:14 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: innoculating your birds   innoculating your birds Empty

Back to top Go down

innoculating your birds
Page 1 of 1