Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» new hen for speed
todays race melton mowbray Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 2:21 pm

» Good Morning
todays race melton mowbray Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 10:21 am

» Weather today
todays race melton mowbray Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:51 am

» sorting birds out
todays race melton mowbray Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:33 am

» new rules from Defra
todays race melton mowbray Emptyby David Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:30 pm

» RPRA Auction ........
todays race melton mowbray Emptyby David Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:40 pm

» overnight and multiple nights basket
todays race melton mowbray Emptyby Knackered Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:21 pm

» Loft Location
todays race melton mowbray Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:43 pm

» RPRA , WHAT DO THEY DO ?
todays race melton mowbray Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:43 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) todays race melton mowbray 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 73 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 72 Guests :: 1 Bot

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.todays race melton mowbray Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
todays race melton mowbray Vote_lcaptodays race melton mowbray Voting_bartodays race melton mowbray Vote_rcap 
David
todays race melton mowbray Vote_lcaptodays race melton mowbray Voting_bartodays race melton mowbray Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1293 registered users
The newest registered user is Meddy78

Our users have posted a total of 221953 messages in 13973 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
todays race melton mowbray Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
todays race melton mowbray Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

todays race melton mowbray

Go down 
+3
David
peel bros
IANYOUNG
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

todays race melton mowbray Empty
PostSubject: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray EmptySat May 16, 2009 5:35 pm

disapointing 13th and 20th club lost a lot of time again lost 3 minutes or so due to the fact they were doing 2100 yards a minute very fast over 70 mile an hour better luck next week i hope well done ray see you were 3rd club
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray EmptySat May 16, 2009 7:04 pm

hi, i was 3rd club this week ,beat by the same two again.pigeons came well again
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray EmptySat May 16, 2009 7:14 pm

well done ray have you got many for lillers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray EmptySat May 16, 2009 10:12 pm

well done ray good result.... Smile what happened ian?did they not trap?
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray EmptySun May 17, 2009 11:36 am

, some thing ill have to work on didnt trap dont know why
Back to top Go down
Grizzle cock
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray EmptySun May 17, 2009 12:13 pm

Do you feed your racers once, or twice a day ?
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray EmptySun May 17, 2009 3:14 pm

i feed twice a day after excercise morn and tea time
Back to top Go down
Grizzle cock
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray EmptySun May 17, 2009 4:12 pm

You should try once a day , in the afternoon, but let them loft fly first, then they will be hungry , entering would be quick, make this a routine , and i'll bet they will enter more quick after a race.
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray EmptySun May 17, 2009 4:16 pm

do you mean out once a day and feed once a day
Back to top Go down
Grizzle cock
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray EmptySun May 17, 2009 6:44 pm

Yes Ian, only in the afternoon
Loft fly them only once a day
Only feed once a day , till all of them have enough.
Try it , if it dont work for you, well, you can always do your thing.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray EmptySun May 17, 2009 6:49 pm

how much food do you give ian...and do you just feed a small amount on the morning feed and the rest in a main meal later in the day?
i saw a dvd where the fancier gave a small amout of seed before he exercised in the morning to make them fly better, dont know if it would work for everyone though... Smile
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray EmptySun May 17, 2009 7:08 pm

i give them three quaters of a once on morning after exercise and the same tea time after exercise
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray EmptySun May 17, 2009 7:21 pm

ounce and half a day then...do they eat it all or leave some of it then ian?
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray EmptySun May 17, 2009 7:26 pm

yes they eat all of it david
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray EmptySun May 17, 2009 11:25 pm

Hi Ian

If the next time you know it is going to be a fast race give the birds nothing after friday's morning feed as come saturday they will hit the back of the pen

But if the race is going to be hard then feed them on the friday evening as they will need the energy from the food

Its all about just getting the balance right yes i have made the same mistakes
Back to top Go down
Grizzle cock
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray EmptyMon May 18, 2009 6:13 pm

Ive read a vet's book who is also a fancier, he said the biggest mistake one can make is to weigh the food, sometimes they eat more, sometimes less ,it all depend on the amount of energy needed for the day fanciers must find that balance.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray EmptyMon May 18, 2009 8:35 pm

yes niel, i think that some days they will eat more/less...i suppose the amount of work /exercising they are doing could make a difference, and also the weather ??? Smile
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray EmptyMon May 18, 2009 10:47 pm

was reading article earlier and it said when obs are feeding do not give a feed which has too many different seeds in it as it makes them be fussy and leave certain grains by picking and choosing what they want.... Neutral
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray EmptyMon May 18, 2009 10:51 pm

Agree with you David but do you ever see a top sports person in condition fat or eating everything and anything

I find the best way to feed you birds is by hand or in a troff as soon as two pigeons go to the water fountain then remove the feed as the ones left are getting over fed,your best pigeons never eat a lot of food compared to the pigeons which never win
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray EmptyMon May 18, 2009 11:03 pm

don, the problem ive had lately is that because the birds have been feeding ybs ...when i let them out im having trouble getting them back in because they are not hungry....on one hand they are feeding so i always have food in front of them so the ybs dont go short and this means they wont respond to me calling them in because they are not hungry enough....but then if i keep them short the ybs will suffer...??? scratch
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray EmptyMon May 18, 2009 11:10 pm

David

No the birds are in charge but as soon as the young birds are away then you are boss

And make them know it as well but don't risk the young birds you will have your time
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray EmptyMon May 18, 2009 11:23 pm

yes don, ive not had the birds out as much during breeding season because i needed the ybs...but my breeding will be over soon and hopefully i will be able to get more of a routine back again as it will benefit both the birds and me...
the breeding season started off badly for me with the cold weather and eggs either not hatching or only one being laid, plus when i did eventually get ybs they were already spoken for as i had promised them to fanciers who had bid on them in auctions i had donated to...now i have only bred 8 for my self but these 8 are ones which i hope will do well racing... Smile
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray EmptyMon May 18, 2009 11:53 pm

David

Once you have finished breeding then make the pigeons work for you that is the best way forward
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray EmptyTue May 19, 2009 12:13 am

yes don, a friend said to me i must stop thinking/treating them as pets.....they are there to race and earn their perch.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray EmptyTue May 19, 2009 1:50 am

Yes your freind is correct as i have already said before you know it you have 1001 pigeons looking at you and wanting to get feed and the waythe cost is it is going to cost you a lot of money.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: todays race melton mowbray   todays race melton mowbray Empty

Back to top Go down

todays race melton mowbray
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next