Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
 cold feet in pigeons Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:51 am

» Good Morning
 cold feet in pigeons Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 6:10 am

» sorting birds out
 cold feet in pigeons Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:33 am

» new rules from Defra
 cold feet in pigeons Emptyby David Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:30 pm

» RPRA Auction ........
 cold feet in pigeons Emptyby David Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:40 pm

» overnight and multiple nights basket
 cold feet in pigeons Emptyby Knackered Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:21 pm

» Loft Location
 cold feet in pigeons Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:43 pm

» RPRA , WHAT DO THEY DO ?
 cold feet in pigeons Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:43 am

» RPRA Auction
 cold feet in pigeons Emptyby David Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:04 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)  cold feet in pigeons 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 72 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 71 Guests :: 1 Bot

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud. cold feet in pigeons Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
 cold feet in pigeons Vote_lcap cold feet in pigeons Voting_bar cold feet in pigeons Vote_rcap 
David
 cold feet in pigeons Vote_lcap cold feet in pigeons Voting_bar cold feet in pigeons Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1293 registered users
The newest registered user is Meddy78

Our users have posted a total of 221951 messages in 13972 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
 cold feet in pigeons Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
 cold feet in pigeons Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

cold feet in pigeons

Go down 
+3
David
edgie
thomas mcgowan
7 posters
AuthorMessage
thomas mcgowan
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)

cold feet in pigeons Empty
PostSubject: cold feet in pigeons    cold feet in pigeons EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 5:25 pm

im sure this question popped up before, my mate keeps racers and he was told you wont be in the running this week as your birds have cold feet and he had a disaster of a race, hes had racing pigeons for fifty years and never heard of this before until i said i had read something a bout it but cant put my finger on it , can someone tell me if this is a illness or what.
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

PostSubject: Re: cold feet in pigeons    cold feet in pigeons EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 6:43 pm

just bad cerculation could be due to too much protine , what colour is the birds flesh.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: cold feet in pigeons    cold feet in pigeons EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 6:59 pm

ive heard warm feet are a sign of health/fitness.......but don't quote me on it  No lol! 
Back to top Go down
thomas mcgowan
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)

PostSubject: cold feet in racing pigeons    cold feet in pigeons EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 7:27 pm

edgie dont know about the colour of the skin but thanks very much for answering, i phoned him and he said he fed them too much energy mix.he thought he was doing them a favour because the weather has turned colder.
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

PostSubject: Re: cold feet in pigeons    cold feet in pigeons EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 7:30 pm

there you go, if i am right, he now knows the answer ? cheers 
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: cold feet in pigeons    cold feet in pigeons EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 8:00 pm

the feet should be nice and warm and clean if there warm crap wont stick to there feet , the flesh on the brest should be a pinkish colour with no scales on the skin i all ways look on the throat on the pigeons i basket i like to see the cleft open if its open then it can breath ok but thats just me just some of the things i look out for .
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: cold feet in pigeons    cold feet in pigeons EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 11:12 pm

Yes warm feet healthy birds..thats one of the first things i was told when starting with pigeons
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: cold feet in pigeons    cold feet in pigeons EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 6:07 pm

I must say there are many pigeon theories and lots of old wives tales some true and some false. the 2 favourites are cold or warm feet and a pink breast without flaky skin and feeling moist.

A mate of mine is always parting the feathers on the breast of his birds to show the pink skin without flakes and does it so much that in the basket the feathers are parted and you can see the keel, I however never look at this and never have payed any attention to it, he says it shows form and swears by it.

I don't believe in this what so ever, and have birds topping the section winning for me in good time and they don't have it, also I have often looked at marking just because they talk about it and the ones of mine that are pink and scale free never win for me.

And I am totally against the practise and like to see a breast feathered so I cannot part it to see the flesh, as on a cold day a well feathered breast stops the birds body chilling on hard cold wet days and a bird with an exposed breast will get cold and fail.

But on the subject of warm feet I do think there is something in it, as I have noticed when catching my birds that some have cold feet and others warm, I believe this is a sign of at least good health and we all know only healthy  birds win.
Im not saying that birds with cold feet cant win or are in bad health but I do like to feel warm feet and Im sure it has a bearing on the racing form.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: cold feet in pigeons    cold feet in pigeons EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 1:36 am

Rudderfett wrote:
I must say there are many pigeon theories and lots of old wives tales some true and some false. the 2 favourites are cold or warm feet and a pink breast without flaky skin and feeling moist.

A mate of mine is always parting the feathers on the breast of his birds to show the pink skin without flakes and does it so much that in the basket the feathers are parted and you can see the keel, I however never look at this and never have payed any attention to it, he says it shows form and swears by it.

I don't believe in this what so ever, and have birds topping the section winning for me in good time and they don't have it, also I have often looked at marking just because they talk about it and the ones of mine that are pink and scale free never win for me.

And I am totally against the practise and like to see a breast feathered so I cannot part it to see the flesh, as on a cold day a well feathered breast stops the birds body chilling on hard cold wet days and a bird with an exposed breast will get cold and fail.

But on the subject of warm feet I do think there is something in it, as I have noticed when catching my birds that some have cold feet and others warm, I believe this is a sign of at least good health and we all know only healthy  birds win.
Im not saying that birds with cold feet cant win or are in bad health but I do like to feel warm feet and Im sure it has a bearing on the racing form.

A good honest/reply Rudd  Smile Smile Most theories ???  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes get thrown out with the bath water etc by season's end, unfortunately. For what I have experienced.  cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: cold feet in pigeons    cold feet in pigeons Empty

Back to top Go down

cold feet in pigeons
Page 1 of 1