Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
eye for martyn and don - Page 5 Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 10:21 am

» Weather today
eye for martyn and don - Page 5 Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:51 am

» sorting birds out
eye for martyn and don - Page 5 Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:33 am

» new rules from Defra
eye for martyn and don - Page 5 Emptyby David Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:30 pm

» RPRA Auction ........
eye for martyn and don - Page 5 Emptyby David Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:40 pm

» overnight and multiple nights basket
eye for martyn and don - Page 5 Emptyby Knackered Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:21 pm

» Loft Location
eye for martyn and don - Page 5 Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:43 pm

» RPRA , WHAT DO THEY DO ?
eye for martyn and don - Page 5 Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:43 am

» RPRA Auction
eye for martyn and don - Page 5 Emptyby David Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:04 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) eye for martyn and don - Page 5 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 76 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 75 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.eye for martyn and don - Page 5 Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
eye for martyn and don - Page 5 Vote_lcapeye for martyn and don - Page 5 Voting_bareye for martyn and don - Page 5 Vote_rcap 
David
eye for martyn and don - Page 5 Vote_lcapeye for martyn and don - Page 5 Voting_bareye for martyn and don - Page 5 Vote_rcap 
oldstrain
Knackered
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1293 registered users
The newest registered user is Meddy78

Our users have posted a total of 221952 messages in 13972 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
eye for martyn and don - Page 5 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
eye for martyn and don - Page 5 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

eye for martyn and don

Go down 
+8
cowandchicken
Don Webb
Knackered
Rudderfett
barnie
oldstrain
David
George & Morgan
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

eye for martyn and don - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 12:13 am

Eye sign in pigeons is always controversial. I studied it for years, eventually realised that race winners or good performers USUALLY breed similar offspring. Like be-gets like, greatest percentage of the time. I had eye sign gurus here years ago looking at the birds. Performance of the birds looked at were not stated previous to their assessment. The results regarding ability to race or breed, were varied. The birds I have now have varying eyes, but being more or less related some eyes are more common than others. But each to their own ideas.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 4:54 am

David wrote:
very interesting topic, nice to see more of our members taking part and getting involved..........even though we don't all agree on certain points is good to hear different opinions. cheers

I agree 100% David Smile Smile all views, if taking in with an open mind etc should teach most of us something of value & hopefully, by the end of it all here, we may not be at war Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 5:35 am

Don Webb wrote:
birdy2011 wrote:
had a mate that had a pigeon he called it the cluster cock it bred winner after winner

heres on

http://www.tmakowecki.com/UltBeye.shtml

lets not forget its a theory the bird still has to have a brain and staminer good strong back and muscles and the  will to get home without these it can have 3 eyes but wont make a world beater

G that eye is something different and very few and far between have read the Bob Fleming book thanks to John Wheatcroft

But the eye you are taking about yes it shows clusters but you have to look deep into the eye (pupil) and they are hard to find I have seen loads of eyes and I have only ever seen cluster on 3 pigeons which includes Tom's eye

But you have to look deep into the eye with extra magnifying power to see the clusters

This is JMO as I know nothing

Now !!! Mr know nothing Smile Smile bounce bounce  I just had a good look at that eye from down under above & I'm somewhat confused "Easy done" Wink Wink but Mr eyesign there calls it a pearl eye etc. Would that be your interpretation. cheers
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 7:21 am

martyn this is the yearling the 9 year old is pair to

eye for martyn and don - Page 5 D95517b6-c1c9-48e8-bb79-c5f43faa3349_zpsd2203cda
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 8:54 am

rainbow wrote:

eye for martyn and don - Page 5 D95517b6-c1c9-48e8-bb79-c5f43faa3349_zpsd2203cda

George the eye is similar in colour but for me is more a racing eye and needs more depth JMO

I Know Nothing
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 11:05 am

rainbow wrote:

what type of eye did you pair the 9 year old to get this eye George ?

the 9 year olds eye is a very nice eye in my humble opinion..... Razz
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 12:18 pm

Im a bit confused is that eye the bird the 9yo was paired to or is it the youngster from it, ?? because it have almost an identical eye, so I wouldn't have paired that eye to it. But if its the youngster from it then it has taken the eye from the cock as they are the same as.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 1:21 pm

Knackered wrote:
oldstrain wrote:
rainbow wrote:
of course it is graham so is the wing, ,throat  and tail what I want to know is the pairing of the eyes and what is a no no

now I do like to see a pigeon with a nice set of curtains (throat) Razz

Here is just a small test for everyone here Smile Smile seeing as you mentioned the curtain O/S etc. Which would you choose as the deciding factor "Only one" at 500 miles into a headwind type of thing, to get you on the winners circle. The curtain Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes or a nice eye with eye sign Wink Wink. cheers

a good throat everytime
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 4:33 pm

the yearling I bought in
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 4:51 pm

this is the eye off the latebred

eye for martyn and don - Page 5 Da77839c-e434-40c7-a120-bb7340e4b09e_zps105a76a9
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 4:56 pm

and this is the latebred

eye for martyn and don - Page 5 Bc371083-d8f2-4b16-b6e9-e7340a0b31c8_zps1caa13f7

Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 5:10 pm

theories in the 80s Jed Jackson won the national with the nfc and he was blind I had a g/daughter of the winner
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 5:16 pm

Here is the best eye I own, its from my V.D.B cock and I can asure you that the picture doesn't do this pigeon any justice at all under the glass in sunlight his I has everything, If I were judging eye sign he would be the winner.

Now his father was a crack pigeon multiple first winner, I was given the pigeon and hes very old, but after about 20 nests last year 1 full egg and hes the image of this cock with a great eye, so I will see this year if he breeds winners.
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 5:16 pm

eye for martyn and don - Page 5 Meulemanseyev2x1
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 5:23 pm

like that one martyn
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 5:26 pm

looks a nice eye that martyn.....whats the camera setting best for eye pictures....?
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 5:28 pm

If this pigeon was young I would have a loft full of these, I would just keep breeding fro it but the previous owner didn't bred anything off him.. David any camera with a macro setting from zero the secret is not to go too close but to zoom in after the picture is taken then it looks better.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 5:34 pm

ah right, thanks martyn, im going to try take a couple of my own birds if I can get someone to help..........
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 5:38 pm

good post this david 8 pages george
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 5:40 pm

that's not good news don lol
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 5:41 pm

yes it is George, and a topic started by you....... cheers

nice for members to share their views and some pictures of their own birds eyes.
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 5:42 pm

George even without the eye pic of your yearling it looks a cracking pigeon mate, looks the part think you have a good 1 there mate.
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 5:45 pm

have one latebred from 2013 she and her mother have the same year ring
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 5:47 pm

I like the eye of the latebred George...
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 5:59 pm

Just been messing about with a photobucket edit to see how to enhance the eye pics, what you all think
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

eye for martyn and don
Page 5 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next