Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
eye for martyn and don - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Today at 10:26 am

» Good Morning
eye for martyn and don - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Today at 10:21 am

» RPRA , WHAT DO THEY DO ?
eye for martyn and don - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Today at 10:07 am

» overnight and multiple nights basket
eye for martyn and don - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Today at 9:37 am

» RPRA Auction
eye for martyn and don - Page 2 Emptyby David Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:04 pm

» First post on pigeon categories
eye for martyn and don - Page 2 Emptyby oldstrain Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:26 am

» Catching a pigeon
eye for martyn and don - Page 2 Emptyby oldstrain Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:25 am

» RPRA Latest .
eye for martyn and don - Page 2 Emptyby David Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:14 pm

» RPRA Levy ?
eye for martyn and don - Page 2 Emptyby David Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:43 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) eye for martyn and don - Page 2 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 65 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 64 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.eye for martyn and don - Page 2 Resise10
Top posting users this week
Knackered
eye for martyn and don - Page 2 Vote_lcapeye for martyn and don - Page 2 Voting_bareye for martyn and don - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
tanveerhbaig
eye for martyn and don - Page 2 Vote_lcapeye for martyn and don - Page 2 Voting_bareye for martyn and don - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
oldstrain
George & Morgan
David
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1293 registered users
The newest registered user is Meddy78

Our users have posted a total of 221846 messages in 13968 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
eye for martyn and don - Page 2 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
eye for martyn and don - Page 2 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

eye for martyn and don

Go down 
+8
cowandchicken
Don Webb
Knackered
Rudderfett
barnie
oldstrain
David
George & Morgan
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

eye for martyn and don - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 1:02 am

[quote="David"]according to jack barkel, theres not much chance of that knackered.........here is his verdict on it.

Weak Or Faulted Eyes.

The eye attached is a pearl eye, it's father is a Champion Yellow Eyed Stock Cock in a famous loft that is known world wide. He is paired with a pearl eyed hen that is faulted, in so much that the correlation runs right through the iris of the mother at 1-0-clock. The owner however does not want to believe me as some good birds have been produced from this mating. It is living on the quality genes of the sire, the hens off this mating are good having inherited solely from their father, the Cocks are a mixed lot of acceptable and rejects having inherited from both parents.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm  Smile  Smile With all due respect to Mr Barkel, David etc "Now dead" it is just one man's view type of thing & I just wonder ??? how Mr Eyesign "Bob fleming deceased" or Myron as an example, would have evaluated the same eye if they all got together for a chin wag. Now !!!  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes here is another one. On that other site  Wink  Wink George knows it well  lol!  lol!  lol! we have a photo of a pigeon called Jackpot Lady, winnings of 2500 pounds in an open race. Anybody here have any thoughts on what part the eye played when it hit the landing board to win or it's future value by its eye.  cheers
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 8:57 am

This is why eyes are so amazing they are all different and that's what makes pigeons special, if you own any other birds, like budgies, canaries finches you will see they all have the same eyes, and I don't mean lutinos or mutations with different colours but the structure and nearly 99% are all the same. you will see a flat even colour I these eyes and its the same with wild birds all the same.

Pigeons eyes are like finger prints and they are totally unique to every single pigeon, some are very similar and have traits but all different.
I use an eye glass with a light on it but direct sunlight also with this is best because strong light will shrink the pupil to expose the bit we want to see.

Good idea to put a bad eye on here, however as I have said before racing eyes are very different to breeders, I could find a poor breeding eye but not a racing eye, racers can have any eye and look like any without showing quality as we know it, I have seen good racers with the flattest eyes in the world, I personally fail to establish a good racer for sure. obviously a lot of racers have great eyes and that I can see but most have nothing.
However breeders are different and these can be easily spotted if you know what to look for.
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 8:59 am

send me a link to that pigeon jackpot lady I will look.
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 9:19 am

Ok been on a well known pigeon site and have 3 eyes, all what I would call run of the mill eyes, all similar and what I would expect to see in 80 % of all lofts.

They are all what I would also call racing eyes that is to say all capable of winning prizes racing, not not that likely to. Because as I said IMO racing eyes can be almost any type, but would any of these breed good racers again IMO no but whos to say if paired to a crack they wouldn't as genetics are a mystery.

Eye sign is only a helping hand to finding the almost unknown and that's why I practise it, but is it fool proof and 100 % accurate? never ever or we would all be champions over night.
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 9:20 am

eye for martyn and don - Page 2 Testeye2
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 9:20 am

eye for martyn and don - Page 2 Testeyeorange
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 9:21 am

eye for martyn and don - Page 2 Test3-1
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 10:13 am

martyn how important is it to have a good inter circle some off my birds with the yellow and greenish eye don't seem to have much
Back to top Go down
cowandchicken
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 10:29 am

This is turning out to be a great talking topic and i hope more put there knowledge out there for us to soak up.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 11:01 am

cowandchicken wrote:
This is turning out to be a great talking topic and i hope more put there knowledge out there for us to soak up.

yes I agree Jason, its very informative some of our eyesign followers sharing their views......especially now breeding is upon us.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 11:11 am

its a complexed subject when delving into eyesign especially when you consider the birds eye changes as it gets older it gets richer more detail
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 11:13 am

whats the story with the last eye shown martyn, to me it looks similar to the blow home eye jack barkel shown, and even though its iris is mountainous its very weak with the base colour showing heavily through.........???
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 11:16 am

oldstrain wrote:
its a complexed subject when delving into eyesign especially when you consider the birds eye changes as it gets older it gets richer more detail

I agree darren, like knackered said, eyesign students will all give a different opinion of the same eye, and when you consider weather, condition of the pigeon, the opposition it is flying against, hawks, wires etc, etc, nothing can be a certainty in racing......maybe more use evaluating for breeding.
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 12:20 pm

David don't get confused with good quality pictures as these are, they show a lot of detail, they are a lot flatter in reality as the eye gets zoomed in it looks better than it is. That picture is hundreds of times bigger than reality.

The last eye is almost the sae as the other 2 but different colour, a typical plain or racing eye gives nothing away could be a champion? but I don't think so..lol

I will now post 3 eyes same colours as I can but class breeders for you to compare the difference, they will be either proven breeder/racers or proven breeders.
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 12:26 pm

eye for martyn and don - Page 2 20140304_571915415315c37965c0c
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 12:27 pm

eye for martyn and don - Page 2 BE12-6123483_eye
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 12:29 pm

eye for martyn and don - Page 2 BE12-5057286_eye
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 1:23 pm

good point about the picture quality martyn, judging the worth of the eye can as you say be confused by the quality of the picture and the magnification......I`ll bear this in mind.

eye 2 and 3 look very similar to me martyn , but I prefer eye no 3 JMO
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 5:05 pm

All 6 eyes are basically the same to me, they are all by my definition racing eyes, where as the first 3 show us nothing of value to look at, the last 3 show everything and can be judged.

All 6 may well be of equal racing ability and be as good as each other.. I say may be.. or might be, although I think not, but the last 3 also have other qualities such as breeding value which the first 3 don't have.

Because I have already said that racers eyes can be anything and I haven't managed to solve anything which tells me its a good racer on some pigeons, what I mean is if all these 6 were in a sale I would never buy the first 3 but would buy the last 3 based on what I know, however they might all have equal racing ability and only the last 3 I would be certain of, and the first 3 I couldn't say.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 5:10 pm

martyn, would you say eyesign is more of a guide for breeding, rather than judging if a pigeon would be a good racer.....? is this the main use for eyesign ?
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 7:49 pm

David for me that is totally what I am saying...I think about breeding a super bird or just a really great bird as a lottery, if the odds are a million to 1 then maybe with a bit of eye sign you change the odds to 500,000 to 1. So I WOULD TAKE A HALVING OF THE ODDS ANY DAY.

Thing is with this type of theory is genetics, which has so many combinations, so many in fact that it can be a lottery even with good pigeons, even great breeders never breed only good.

Because a bird takes 25% from sire 25% dam, and the biggest chunk left 50% is entirely unique then that huge 50% could be almost anything.
People think eye sign is a science and shoot it down because we cant have 100% success with it, but no breeder can do that with fantastic pigeons.

Used as a guide with common sense and logic and patience I think it can be very use full and even an advantage, but not a perfect science simply because of the massive combinations associated with genetics.

Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 10:43 pm

Rudderfett wrote:
I almost forgot the most important comment, that is it takes 2 so be careful what its paired to...post pics of eyes of possible mates and we can have a look.....just another thing some people have commented that you cant see what makes up a good bird by the eye, guts and heart are 2 of those and I totally agree those things are not in the eye.

Fingers are working overtime here I suspect Rudd Smile Smile "Go man Go" Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Now !!!. Seeing as I'm left handed etc here I hope lol! lol! lol! I have this right now, I look at the right eye in general of my birds etc a right handed person, would look at the left eye I suspect/hope Wink Wink. So in general terms ??? does one eye of a pigeon when grading have preferance over the other eye from your experience type  of thing. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 11:02 pm

martyn, im confused here.....doesn't a yb take 50% off each parent ?
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 11:23 pm

David wrote:
martyn, im confused here.....doesn't a yb take 50% off each parent ?

Steady on David Smile Smile I'm having enough trouble ??? getting my mind around the eye sign bit etc. Genetic's on top of all what I'm trying to take in here, will blow my mind lol! lol! lol! up the creek completely. Legitimate question though bounce bounce so I look foreward to the answer Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 11:52 pm

its all interesting stuff eh knackered......... Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

eye for martyn and don
Page 2 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next