Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» overnight and multiple nights basket
eye for martyn and don - Page 3 Emptyby oldstrain Yesterday at 11:28 pm

» Good Morning
eye for martyn and don - Page 3 Emptyby David Yesterday at 12:00 pm

» Weather today
eye for martyn and don - Page 3 Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:59 am

» RPRA Auction
eye for martyn and don - Page 3 Emptyby David Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:04 pm

» First post on pigeon categories
eye for martyn and don - Page 3 Emptyby oldstrain Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:26 am

» Catching a pigeon
eye for martyn and don - Page 3 Emptyby oldstrain Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:25 am

» RPRA Latest .
eye for martyn and don - Page 3 Emptyby David Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:14 pm

» RPRA Levy ?
eye for martyn and don - Page 3 Emptyby David Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:43 am

» RPRA , WHAT DO THEY DO ?
eye for martyn and don - Page 3 Emptyby David Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:35 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) eye for martyn and don - Page 3 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 45 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 45 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.eye for martyn and don - Page 3 Resise10
Top posting users this week
oldstrain
eye for martyn and don - Page 3 Vote_lcapeye for martyn and don - Page 3 Voting_bareye for martyn and don - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
David
eye for martyn and don - Page 3 Vote_lcapeye for martyn and don - Page 3 Voting_bareye for martyn and don - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
tanveerhbaig
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1293 registered users
The newest registered user is Meddy78

Our users have posted a total of 221833 messages in 13968 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
eye for martyn and don - Page 3 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
eye for martyn and don - Page 3 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

eye for martyn and don

Go down 
+8
cowandchicken
Don Webb
Knackered
Rudderfett
barnie
oldstrain
David
George & Morgan
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

eye for martyn and don - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 12:19 am

David wrote:
its all interesting stuff eh knackered......... Razz

Oh so true David Smile Smile the more I think about it etc Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I know nothing  Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 12:22 am

Rudderfett wrote:
eye for martyn and don - Page 3 Testeyeorange

This eye is more racing eye for me middle distance, but as a breeder you would need something with plenty of depth with plenty of breeding signs
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 12:25 am

Rudderfett wrote:
eye for martyn and don - Page 3 Test3-1

This eye to me is a racing eye but has nothing to offer as a breeder JMO
I Know Nothing
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 12:28 am

Rudderfett wrote:
eye for martyn and don - Page 3 20140304_571915415315c37965c0c

I would say a duel purpose eye with both breeding and racing signs
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 12:31 am

Rudderfett wrote:
eye for martyn and don - Page 3 BE12-6123483_eye

This is a good racing eye with speed lines sprint racer for me JMO

I Know Nothing
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 12:34 am

Rudderfett wrote:
eye for martyn and don - Page 3 BE12-5057286_eye

Another good eye dual purpose would need a good violet eye to bring the best out of it JMO

I Know Nothing
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 12:36 am

Got to say Martyn the last three eye you placed on the site are top quality, the first 2 were a bit hitty missy

Are last three from the same family of birds that are closely related ??
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 7:06 am

Don Webb wrote:
Got to say Martyn the last three eye you placed on the site are top quality, the first 2 were a bit hitty missy

Are last three from the same family of birds that are closely related ??

Hitty missy lol! lol! lol! One for the memory bank etc & if I did that here Don Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I would finish up on my a**e on the floor "Big time" & there would be no tea for a month. Now !!! back to business bounce bounce any chance of getting a true voilet eye posted here, by those with the skill in that department. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 10:27 am

yes would be nice to see a violet eye and a green eye.....
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 12:43 pm

I personally look at both eyes, and they can be very different but equall in class but not always in colour...I can assure you that genetically a pigeon takes 25% of each parent and the remaining 50% will be unique to every pigeon, that's why a nest pair can be so different.

Don your right mate the first 3 I think are poor and the next 3 very good eyes not the same family .
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 1:04 pm

Rudderfett wrote:
I can assure you that genetically a pigeon takes 25% of each parent and the remaining 50% will be unique to every pigeon, that's why a nest pair can be so different.

interesting stuff martyn.......... study
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 2:42 pm

would like to see a eye with a cluster ?
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 4:48 pm

What do you mean by cluster?
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 5:00 pm

had a mate that had a pigeon he called it the cluster cock it bred winner after winner

heres on

http://www.tmakowecki.com/UltBeye.shtml

lets not forget its a theory the bird still has to have a brain and staminer good strong back and muscles and the will to get home without these it can have 3 eyes but wont make a world beater
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 5:49 pm

of course it is graham so is the wing, ,throat and tail what I want to know is the pairing of the eyes and what is a no no
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 6:01 pm

some say always pair opposite eyes together but I read the janssen bros would pair pearl to pearl etc, if its true it didn't stop them from winning....... Razz
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 6:43 pm

martyn this bird is 9 years old

eye for martyn and don - Page 3 F657c7f2-4a34-415a-b57c-12ad23c6da27_zpsc729fed9
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 6:46 pm

not a clue about eyesiign george to be honest but wouldnt knock it
how ever them in the know and say weahter a bird will be a racer or a breeder should if its all teue know the short cut to buying champion pigeons

heres an instance for you this year we put 7 pigeons in an eyes sign class for young birds all of which had won prizes and fed cards yet not one won a card in the eyesign class of which 64 was in the class now either all ours have weak eyes me or my mate no nothing about eyes or it wasnt the type the judge wasnt looking for the only thing we came away with was the facted they came off proven breeders and won

so in my eyes ile stick to 90%of the rest of the bird rather than the eyes
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 6:56 pm

I know the minute I handle a bird if I will keep it I don't look at the eye what I want to know is more on the breeding eye I also think the eye only comes into play at 500 + mls
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 7:05 pm

Rudderfett wrote:
What do you mean by cluster?

gold or silver dots coming through the pupil supposed to be supreme Razz
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 7:07 pm

birdy2011 wrote:
had a mate that had a pigeon he called it the cluster cock it bred winner after winner

heres on

http://www.tmakowecki.com/UltBeye.shtml

lets not forget its a theory the bird still has to have a brain and staminer good strong back and muscles and the  will to get home without these it can have 3 eyes but wont make a world beater

yeah that's the one Wink
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 7:10 pm

rainbow wrote:
of course it is graham so is the wing, ,throat  and tail what I want to know is the pairing of the eyes and what is a no no

now I do like to see a pigeon with a nice set of curtains (throat) Razz
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 8:21 pm

RAINBOW The eye you posted is a very good picture and you done a great job better than some I mine..lol

That bird has a very good eye what I call a true pearl, that bird I my opinion would have made a very good racer at any distance, but it has an excellent breeding trait so would have expected you to have had some very good pigeons from it.
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 8:34 pm

so what about a comment on the bird with the cluster martyn
its a proven multi winner yet you didnt know what it ment
so how do you evaluate the birds so many different theories on eyesign and who reads them

how come many winners dont have what the judges call a good eye
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 8:47 pm

I wanted to post this eye picture to show something in eye sign which is my little secret there are 2 secrets but this eye only has 1 but its a good one.
This eye is from a brilliant racer and there is something about the eye other than the usual, like , colour, Iris, Eye sign and so on.

The secret is something you wont see that often if ever when you start photographing your birds eyes, A VERY SMALL PUPIL. So not the eye sign at all although this bird has a great eye anyway but the pupil is tiny compared to the rest of the eye and I associate it with a crack flyer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

eye for martyn and don
Page 3 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next