Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» new hen for speed
multi mixtures Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 2:21 pm

» Good Morning
multi mixtures Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 10:21 am

» Weather today
multi mixtures Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:51 am

» sorting birds out
multi mixtures Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:33 am

» new rules from Defra
multi mixtures Emptyby David Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:30 pm

» RPRA Auction ........
multi mixtures Emptyby David Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:40 pm

» overnight and multiple nights basket
multi mixtures Emptyby Knackered Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:21 pm

» Loft Location
multi mixtures Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:43 pm

» RPRA , WHAT DO THEY DO ?
multi mixtures Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:43 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) multi mixtures 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 115 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 114 Guests :: 1 Bot

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.multi mixtures Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
multi mixtures Vote_lcapmulti mixtures Voting_barmulti mixtures Vote_rcap 
David
oldstrain
Knackered
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1293 registered users
The newest registered user is Meddy78

Our users have posted a total of 221953 messages in 13973 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
multi mixtures Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
multi mixtures Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

multi mixtures

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

multi mixtures Empty
PostSubject: multi mixtures   multi mixtures EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 7:43 pm

which one do you use ...matrix,versa laga all in one I mix my own but due to the silly price of clay block I am going to try beyers deli mix bought one to try out looks good quality with plenty clay block in root vegetables, herbs and plants ...grits and redstone and oyster shell ,vitamins and minerals
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

multi mixtures Empty
PostSubject: Re: multi mixtures   multi mixtures EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 9:01 pm

used to use matrix Darren, but its quite expensive for what it is.....so now I get a similar multi mix hich is cheaper and add my own ingrediants to it with things like tk conditioning seed, pink minerals, sometimes black minerals, and sometimes crushed picking stone/brewers yeat powder.......in fact anything that comes to hand usually gets mixed in.

I used to give my birds this every day, but after speaking to a few fanciers who never give their birds grit etc I now give it twice a week........
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

multi mixtures Empty
PostSubject: Re: multi mixtures   multi mixtures EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 10:09 pm

David wrote:
used to use matrix Darren, but its quite expensive for what it is.....so now I get a similar multi mix hich is cheaper and add my own ingrediants to it with things like tk conditioning seed, pink minerals, sometimes black minerals, and sometimes crushed picking stone/brewers yeat powder.......in fact anything that comes to hand usually gets mixed in.

I used to give my birds this every day, but after speaking to a few fanciers who never give their birds grit etc I now give it twice a week........

Interesting about the grit bit David Smile Smile Levi years ago, did an experiment etc in that he gave no grit to his birds (thousands) for a year to see what effect it may have had & his final conclusion was that no harm was done to them. Now !!! no one in my view should not give grit (It's cheap) for what I see, but everyday is going a bit overboard, I think Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes ??? when one considers how long it must take for them to disolve it all when injested/eating. Now Wink Wink  being a picker, I even take up the old grit here after a week & wash it & then re-use it again after being dried. SO !!! bounce bounce Roads to Rome Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

multi mixtures Empty
PostSubject: Re: multi mixtures   multi mixtures EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 10:46 pm

I am fortunate. My birds field most of the year. Winter time I dig up a sod for them when the ground is not frozen.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

multi mixtures Empty
PostSubject: Re: multi mixtures   multi mixtures EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 12:27 am

halcanada wrote:
I am fortunate. My birds field most of the year. Winter time I dig up a sod for them when the ground is not frozen.

Worm infected 24/7/52 ??? are they Hal Smile Smile if one believes what certain scribes preach etc Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

multi mixtures Empty
PostSubject: Re: multi mixtures   multi mixtures EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 12:41 am

Never get worms, the birds. Use Stable Boy (sprinkle) boxes and floors in the deep litter. Diatamaceous earth, eliminates lots of nasties. Eliminates ammonia etc,. Horse people use it in their stables. Many varieties on the market.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

multi mixtures Empty
PostSubject: Re: multi mixtures   multi mixtures EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 10:20 am

good stuff that diatomaceous earth I sprinkle a bit under the nest felt when breeding ....never see any nasties
Back to top Go down
sjrw
Hatchling
Hatchling
sjrw

multi mixtures Empty
PostSubject: Re: multi mixtures   multi mixtures EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 12:38 pm

oldstrain wrote:
which one do you use ...matrix,versa laga all in one I mix my own but due to the silly price of clay block I am going to try beyers deli mix bought one to try out looks good quality with plenty clay block in root vegetables, herbs and plants ...grits and redstone and oyster shell ,vitamins and minerals

I go down too the beach. for my grit. you've got all the diff, shells broken up and all the diff sea weed in there aswell. you couldent get any better.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

multi mixtures Empty
PostSubject: Re: multi mixtures   multi mixtures EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 3:00 pm

sjrw wrote:
oldstrain wrote:

I go down too the beach. for my grit.    you've got all the diff, shells broken up and all the diff sea weed in there aswell.  you couldent get any better.

yeah nature is best ...great that you have this source close by
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

multi mixtures Empty
PostSubject: Re: multi mixtures   multi mixtures EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 11:40 pm

sjrw wrote:
oldstrain wrote:

I go down too the beach. for my grit.    you've got all the diff, shells broken up and all the diff sea weed in there aswell.  you couldent get any better.

Lucky you Smile Smile SJRW. When I was a wee lad Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I was just the same etc. 50 metres & I had as much as I ever wanted Wink Wink in fact I used to sit on the beach wall there to see my race birds come home on race day. Some what of a bronzed Aussie  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes back then & Boy OH Boy lol! lol! lol! did I enjoy the bird life ??? fluttering along the beach Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

multi mixtures Empty
PostSubject: Re: multi mixtures   multi mixtures EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 3:11 am

halcanada wrote:
Never get worms, the birds. Use Stable Boy (sprinkle) boxes and floors in the deep litter. Diatamaceous earth, eliminates lots of nasties. Eliminates ammonia etc,. Horse people use it in their stables. Many varieties on the market.

Interesting the bit about ammonia Hal Smile Smile Now !! when the scribe did that write up on that top flyer I mentioned early here "The champ/President" his view is out there Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes in regards to ammonia etc as it is his belief, a certain amount of it is of a benefit to the birds & has designed his loft so they always have it drifting through the loft. I know lol! lol! lol! there are those here, that would think he is a nutter "Big time" Wink Wink but this bloke has his finger on the pulse as such & at one stage spent a week at Jos Thones place I believe to learn all the tricks there & down here, nobody in any way shape or form thinks he is a bunny type of thing. cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

multi mixtures Empty
PostSubject: Re: multi mixtures   multi mixtures EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 10:35 am

I would think a certain amount of ammonia would help keep the loft clear of any nasties ie bacterias and mites and lice ...I been in some lofts and the smell of ammonia knocks you sideways Razz not for me I would rather use other things than the smell of ammonia and my loft is close to the house 18 feet away and don't think her indoors would appreciate that Mad
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

multi mixtures Empty
PostSubject: Re: multi mixtures   multi mixtures EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 4:20 pm

I use Stable Boy to eliminate ammonia etc,. Ground up seashells, thousands of years old basically. Extremely fine ground. The coarser type is incorporated in to the feed for hogs to kill worms.
http://momsvitaminfix.com/products/diatomaceous-earth?gclid=CL2W4OjGr8MCFUEV7AodLggALA
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

multi mixtures Empty
PostSubject: Re: multi mixtures   multi mixtures EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 4:34 pm

halcanada wrote:
I use Stable Boy to eliminate ammonia etc,. Ground up seashells, thousands of years old basically. Extremely fine ground. The coarser type is incorporated in to the feed for hogs to kill worms.
http://momsvitaminfix.com/products/diatomaceous-earth?gclid=CL2W4OjGr8MCFUEV7AodLggALA

yeah I know an old boy used to put it on the corn for 5 day period to kill worms
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

multi mixtures Empty
PostSubject: Re: multi mixtures   multi mixtures EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 6:09 pm

Works for bed bugs also.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

multi mixtures Empty
PostSubject: Re: multi mixtures   multi mixtures EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 11:21 pm

oldstrain wrote:
I would think a certain amount of ammonia would help keep the loft clear of any nasties ie bacterias and mites and lice ...I been in some lofts and the smell of ammonia knocks you sideways Razz not for me I would rather use other things than the smell of ammonia and my loft is close to the house  18 feet away and don't think her indoors would appreciate that Mad

Her in doors Wink Wink is only looking after your welfare O/S Smile Smile for when your in the dog house etc lol! lol! lol! & your sleeping out there with the birds. cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

multi mixtures Empty
PostSubject: Re: multi mixtures   multi mixtures EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 12:00 am

the hammock is on permanent standby oz lol!
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

multi mixtures Empty
PostSubject: Re: multi mixtures   multi mixtures EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 12:35 am

oldstrain wrote:
the hammock is on permanent standby oz lol!

I suspect it should be Ok Smile Smile O/S Wink Wink Make sure tho you have a heater at the ready, as you will need something there to keep your toes warm etc in place of the missus. cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

multi mixtures Empty
PostSubject: Re: multi mixtures   multi mixtures EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 1:42 pm

them footsy games ended years ago oz she only want to kick my butt these days lol!
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

multi mixtures Empty
PostSubject: Re: multi mixtures   multi mixtures EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 10:33 pm

oldstrain wrote:
them footsy games ended years ago oz she only want to kick my butt these days lol!

Not on your own Pal Smile Smile Here !!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I'm just the dust bin man Wink Wink & if, she who must be obeyed  lol! lol! lol! wishes to give me a special treat here I can do the dishes etc or hang the washing out. Oh !!! Wink Wink the joys of life. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

multi mixtures Empty
PostSubject: Re: multi mixtures   multi mixtures Empty

Back to top Go down

multi mixtures
Page 1 of 1