Forum for Pigeon Fanciers
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  UK Pigeon SalesUK Pigeon Sales  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» French Fed results
by Lofty Today at 9:33 pm

» Weather today
by Lofty Today at 9:31 pm

» How's everyone's ybs
by markevans Today at 9:06 pm

» saturday liberations
by Lofty Yesterday at 3:50 pm

» anyone near aylesbury
by redrog Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:21 pm

» Made a start.
by halcanada Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:37 pm

» Racing Today......24/6/17.
by oldstrain Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:25 pm

» Kelp powder/flakes
by blueskylofts Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:55 pm

» Pau International
by blueskylofts Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:00 am

Bucktons 2017 Calendar
Who is online?
In total there are 28 users online :: 5 Registered, 0 Hidden and 23 Guests :: 2 Bots

blueskylofts, Lofty, markevans, peel bros, VanReet Man123

Most users ever online was 144 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:37 am
Pigeon World Forum, Fancier of the Year Trophy.
Top posting users this week
blueskylofts
 
Lofty
 
markevans
 
oldstrain
 
phil411
 
redrog
 
Sir Rene Archer wins 1st & 2nd club.
Rene Archer wins 1st and 2nd from Messac 118 miles on the 02/06/12 with a 2year old Jan Aarden which was lightly raced as a yearling...... Rene also took 1st on the 19/05/12 from Carentan 62 miles with a Barker, his daughters were also 2nd in the same race where they were the only birds home on the day.....Well done to Rene and his daughters.
Similar topics
Links.
Statistics
We have 1090 registered users
The newest registered user is Sansaa

Our users have posted a total of 152347 messages in 10063 subjects
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
John Gibbs young pied/grizzle winner.
Top posters
David
 
Don Webb
 
IANYOUNG
 
oldstrain
 
peel bros
 
Gaz b
 
birdy2011
 
Knackered
 
Rene A
 
Alex
 

Share | 
 

 energy mixes

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 9875
Join date : 2011-01-03

PostSubject: energy mixes    Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:31 pm

any members use one for last feed before basketing if so which one
Back to top Go down
View user profile
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
avatar

Posts : 1325
Join date : 2014-03-11
Age : 77
Location : Southern Ontario. Canada.

PostSubject: Re: energy mixes    Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:51 pm

Few peanuts is all. However, feed is in the troughs 98% of the time. Just a commercial mix. 14% protein.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 9875
Join date : 2011-01-03

PostSubject: Re: energy mixes    Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:58 pm

I been using a bit of hemp hal and trapping mix ...might give a energy mix a try
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 13831
Join date : 2009-03-27
Age : 44
Location : Tipton

PostSubject: Re: energy mixes    Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:39 pm

oldstrain wrote:
I been using a bit of hemp hal and trapping mix ...might give a energy mix a try

Daz if you see the pigeon film with both Henry Gonzales of Bristol and Billy o' Neil from the Midlands

Billy always fed hemp as the last feed on a Friday
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 9875
Join date : 2011-01-03

PostSubject: Re: energy mixes    Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:48 pm

Don Webb wrote:
oldstrain wrote:
I been using a bit of hemp hal and trapping mix ...might give a energy mix a try

Daz if you see the pigeon film with both Henry Gonzales of Bristol and Billy o' Neil from the Midlands

Billy always fed hemp as the last feed on a Friday

henry used to fly in my grandfathers club back in the late 70's early 80's some flyer that man was
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 13831
Join date : 2009-03-27
Age : 44
Location : Tipton

PostSubject: Re: energy mixes    Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:54 pm

oldstrain wrote:
Don Webb wrote:
oldstrain wrote:
I been using a bit of hemp hal and trapping mix ...might give a energy mix a try

Daz if you see the pigeon film with both Henry Gonzales of Bristol and Billy o' Neil from the Midlands

Billy always fed hemp as the last feed on a Friday

henry used to fly in my grandfathers club back in the late 70's early 80's some flyer that man was

Yes I will second that Daz his film is spot on and I like his different methods

Henry was a nice person to talk to always chatted to him at Blackpool always honest and would give you any advise if you asked him
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 9875
Join date : 2011-01-03

PostSubject: Re: energy mixes    Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:59 pm

he was a man ahead of the game one of the first to fly widow in our club and he would quite often take the first 6 against 50+ members he was the scurge of that club lol if you beat henry you won the race but he never flew the distance ...not in them days anyway he was a sprint flyer maybe he raced the distance later on I don't know tbh
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 5514
Join date : 2013-03-11

PostSubject: Re: energy mixes    Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:45 am

oldstrain wrote:
he was a man ahead of the game one of the first to fly widow in our club and he would quite often take the first 6 against 50+ members he was the scurge of that club lol if you beat henry you won the race but he never flew the distance ...not in them days anyway he was a sprint flyer maybe he raced the distance later on I don't know tbh

I have a niggle Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes scratch scratch Wink Wink  in my head O/S Smile Smile Did he by chance I believe fly the Verheyes in his time. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 9875
Join date : 2011-01-03

PostSubject: Re: energy mixes    Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:34 am

Knackered wrote:
oldstrain wrote:
he was a man ahead of the game one of the first to fly widow in our club and he would quite often take the first 6 against 50+ members he was the scurge of that club lol if you beat henry you won the race but he never flew the distance ...not in them days anyway he was a sprint flyer maybe he raced the distance later on I don't know tbh

I have a niggle Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes scratch scratch Wink Wink  in my head O/S Smile Smile Did he by chance I believe fly the Verheyes in his time. cheers

he had a very good friend called chris balson he had verheyes and sold a champ to louella now in his day when I was about henry gonsalves was racing buschaerts I think and he went onto verheyes shortly after now I cant be 100% certain but I think they forged a partnership as at this time I was getting interested in two legged birds and I am not talking emu's or ostrich lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 13831
Join date : 2009-03-27
Age : 44
Location : Tipton

PostSubject: Re: energy mixes    Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:36 pm

oldstrain wrote:
he was a man ahead of the game one of the first to fly widow in our club and he would quite often take the first 6 against 50+ members he was the scurge of that club lol if you beat henry you won the race but he never flew the distance ...not in them days anyway he was a sprint flyer maybe he raced the distance later on I don't know tbh

Yes he was Daz great fancier

But the one thing that set him apart from most if you ever asked him a question he would give you a straight answer and help you out

When at Blackpool asked Henry about his sale and he said they did not make as much as he thought and he said the reason for that was because they were crossed pigeons and not a fancy breed
He say he was not going to make his pigeons something they were not and that for me says a lot about the man a true person and sportsman

And not someone out to make a lot of money
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 9875
Join date : 2011-01-03

PostSubject: Re: energy mixes    Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:37 pm

yeah he is alright is henry great fisherman too ,think he does a lot of backpacking and going walkabout now
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 13831
Join date : 2009-03-27
Age : 44
Location : Tipton

PostSubject: Re: energy mixes    Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:50 pm

oldstrain wrote:
yeah he is alright is henry great fisherman too ,think he does a lot of backpacking and going walkabout now

Yes does do a lot of back packing as he said in the video that's the reason why he had his hair in a ponytail
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 5514
Join date : 2013-03-11

PostSubject: Re: energy mixes    Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:55 am

Don Webb wrote:
oldstrain wrote:
yeah he is alright is henry great fisherman too ,think he does a lot of backpacking and going walkabout now

Yes does do a lot of back packing as he said in the video that's the reason why he had his hair in a ponytail

I like the man Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes "Pony tail" Smile Smile if only you blokes could see my hair Wink Wink you would know why. cheers
*****
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 9875
Join date : 2011-01-03

PostSubject: Re: energy mixes    Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:06 pm

not one of the flower power brigade are we oz Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 5514
Join date : 2013-03-11

PostSubject: Re: energy mixes    Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:30 pm

oldstrain wrote:
not one of the flower power brigade are we oz  Cool

In my time O/S Smile Smile I've been one of the flower brigade etc a skin head Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes & a Ned Kelly type lol! lol! lol! so much so that when I was on the tools (plumber) my old boss never sent me out for house calls here Wink Wink as the customers never let me in the door & in fact one called the police one day on me. Now !!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I'm just an old man lol! lol! lol! with a lot of hair & not much else going for me. cheers
*****
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 13831
Join date : 2009-03-27
Age : 44
Location : Tipton

PostSubject: Re: energy mixes    Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:13 pm

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
caramel
Chipping
Chipping
avatar

Posts : 59
Join date : 2014-11-04

PostSubject: Re: energy mixes    Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:54 pm

?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: energy mixes    

Back to top Go down
 
energy mixes
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Garvo Mixes
» No Power... Xcel energy doesn't seem to care
» Giving energy saving light bulbs a bad name
» Useful site for DIY energy monitoring stuff
» Homemade Baking Mixes

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Racing Pigeons,Show & Fancy Pigeons :: Message Forum :: Introductions & Members Messages.-
Jump to: