Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
% of protein needed in racing mixture - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 3:08 pm

» good luck weekend
% of protein needed in racing mixture - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 1:44 pm

» Ian Evans BHW Letter
% of protein needed in racing mixture - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Today at 1:17 am

» birds on loan
% of protein needed in racing mixture - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:40 am

» photo of Morgan
% of protein needed in racing mixture - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:20 am

» Weather today
% of protein needed in racing mixture - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 5:23 pm

» Hotting up in the Middle East
% of protein needed in racing mixture - Page 2 Emptyby David Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:35 pm

» Homing World Stud Book
% of protein needed in racing mixture - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:46 am

» York Road & District Results 2024
% of protein needed in racing mixture - Page 2 Emptyby David Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:39 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) % of protein needed in racing mixture - Page 2 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 91 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 90 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.% of protein needed in racing mixture - Page 2 Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
% of protein needed in racing mixture - Page 2 Vote_lcap% of protein needed in racing mixture - Page 2 Voting_bar% of protein needed in racing mixture - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
David
% of protein needed in racing mixture - Page 2 Vote_lcap% of protein needed in racing mixture - Page 2 Voting_bar% of protein needed in racing mixture - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Knackered
barnie
oldstrain
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222394 messages in 13991 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
% of protein needed in racing mixture - Page 2 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
% of protein needed in racing mixture - Page 2 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

% of protein needed in racing mixture

Go down 
+6
halcanada
mufc rick
markevans
David
oldstrain
devo56
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

% of protein needed in racing mixture - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: % of protein needed in racing mixture   % of protein needed in racing mixture - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 11:31 pm

killer wrote:
Last 5 years we feed = wheat { Durham} & Maize  on the Truck thats Thursday night Basketing for a Sat Race ;in launceston we have to fly them there as the Costs for our Truck is to high i think last time i inquired it was $3;000 just to cross Bass Strait & there's 4 to 5 Tanks of Fuel ;plus our liberator Pay for approx a week & acommindation etc ;blue it out of the Ball Park ; We get them there & return of our Folddown Baskets 15 bird for i think $9.00  per bird Airfrieght ;we charge $15.00 per bird to cover prize money etc;we purchase Wheat; Safflower & Maize over in Tassy to feed them while being held in a 500 bird Loft ;All other land Race's we use our own 3;000  bird  Fed truck {SCF] ;which we have upgrade at a $20;000 cost 3 years ago ;Ventilation ;extra Drinkers ; 2 SolarPanels  charge the Batterys to run the extra lighting in it ;& 3 Extrator Fans set on 18 degs Temp to cut in Feed Container Water Container ; plus general upgrade's of the unit ; something i'm very proud of ;with the help of our Fed Committee ; hoping this answer your Questons ; Cheers    

Thats quite a comprehensive run down K Smile Smile Thank's, most interesting. Now !! The champ here Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Dave W Wink Wink is on the move again etc heading south, to get more of the sea breezes in his lungs, so I'm told. Picked the loft up lol! lol! lol! filled with youngsters & moved the lot I hear. One more move  lol!  lol!  lol! & he will have the Dave Grey syndrome, as we say here looking for that spot. Unfortunately for DG he has had more moves than there are squares on a chess board sadly, but the man keeps trying. cheers
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: % of protein needed in racing mixture   % of protein needed in racing mixture - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 11:51 pm

devo56 wrote:
Sounds like you have a busy time there Killer, thank you for sharing your tasks.

Interesting I would have to say Devo 56. Killer I hear Smile Smile has a good women lol! lol! lol! to help him out there. All a bit too complicated for me "His way" as my missus would be lucky to tell me the time of day here  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes.
Now K bounce bounce if you read this, any thought's on rape seed etc as JB Wink Wink  suggests its like a bee hive to a bee. cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: % of protein needed in racing mixture   % of protein needed in racing mixture - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 9:15 am

killer wrote:
The only other thing i will add which i foregot before is on returning from Tossing ; Racing & loft work they get a small amount of Mixed Canary seed ;helps them to  trap faster  & easier to digest from race as well ;when i go to the club  Saturdaynight at 6.30 to have ets read i put on the lights & start the Protein mix ;up untill 300 miles they get Honey in the water for there first drink home ;at 300 mile &  after we add = parts Electrolite to the water for there first drink home ;when we go to the club ;we change the water & add = Garlic & lemon juice to the water & that stays there untill last feed on Sundaynight ; sorry nearly foregot all returning birds get a mixture of Grit ;pink powder ; picking stone & one teaspoon full of Sulphur added to one Gully pot ;i believe with the above combo it helps to take care of any nastys from the baskets ;take out the picking pots Sundaynight ; as i also believe to much Sulphur will dry out the feathers ;By putting the canary seed on top of the gully pots it helps them pick there & so doing inhale some of the sulphur & clear there respirey tract out ;& the small amount they eat helps with the gut also along with the Lemon Juice which adds Ph & the Garlic ;first drink monday they get fresh water ;Mondaynight Probiotic Powder with first drink Tuesday ; rest of the Week fresh water;last drink Thursday miday they get Iodine in the water thats it . cheers

some good info their killer thanks for sharing...the sulphur aspect of your post is intriguing atb
Back to top Go down
devo56
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: % of protein needed in racing mixture   % of protein needed in racing mixture - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 9:27 am

Very good reading, thank you once again Killer.
Back to top Go down
killer
Hatchling
Hatchling
killer

PostSubject: Re: % of protein needed in racing mixture   % of protein needed in racing mixture - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 9:50 am

Its very cheap as well{ Sulphur } ; its something my Grandfather did re the Sulphur after the 2ND WW ; so its not new ;the rest of our system as evolved over the last 10 years or so ;i was never happy in the way the Euro's for a better word broke them down & loaded with Protein end of the week ;as we tend to send birds back if well 5 or 6 weeks straight & that system didn't stand up to the hard work on the birds ;as i say strike while the iron is hot ; cheers
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: % of protein needed in racing mixture   % of protein needed in racing mixture - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 12:14 am

killer wrote:
Its very cheap as well{ Sulphur } ; its something my Grandfather did re the Sulphur after the 2ND WW ; so its not new ;the rest of our system as evolved over the last 10 years or so ;i was never happy in the way the Euro's for a better word broke them down & loaded with Protein end of the week ;as we tend to send birds back if well 5 or 6 weeks straight & that system didn't stand up to the hard work on the birds ;as i say strike while the iron is hot ; cheers

All good stuff of late here K Smile Smile Wink Wink may not work ??? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes for someone across the river bounce bounce etc flying into a 100 mile square when their birds go up in a mass liberation most weeks. But for a Smile Smile sprint/corridor/box senario, I would say you have your finger on the pulse type of thing. cheers
Back to top Go down
killer
Hatchling
Hatchling
killer

PostSubject: Re: % of protein needed in racing mixture   % of protein needed in racing mixture - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 1:49 am

It worked well when we were allowed to race against all Sydney in the Southern Fed a few years ago ;they had a huge front as well ;i believe we won 5 Feds outright that year giving 50 miles over fly most days & being 40 miles off the line of flight ; hope thats helps you understand the situation better ;Good Pigeons & Systems do well where ever ;this is the only Forum i have put it on ;take advantage or not really don't concern me ; only trying to pass information on when asked ; cheers

Last edited by killer on Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: % of protein needed in racing mixture   % of protein needed in racing mixture - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 10:07 am

what sort of distances do you race out to killer are you a sprint middle distance flyer
Back to top Go down
devo56
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: % of protein needed in racing mixture   % of protein needed in racing mixture - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 11:47 am

Anyone used Matador feed, if so what are your thoughts.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: % of protein needed in racing mixture   % of protein needed in racing mixture - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 12:14 pm

never used it dev, but I think its supposed to be decent stuff........
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: % of protein needed in racing mixture   % of protein needed in racing mixture - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 1:31 pm

mufc ric uses it I think cant get hold of it around here its tied in with versa laga I think ,can get that but not the marimans unless I order a pallet and that would last me 10 years with the amount of birds I house lol!
Back to top Go down
killer
Hatchling
Hatchling
killer

PostSubject: Re: % of protein needed in racing mixture   % of protein needed in racing mixture - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 1:44 pm

We race from 80 miles right through to 600 miles ;last year our Fed Pulled the pin at Mildura on the S/W which is 500 plus miles & didn't race the 600; we also raced  Launceston on the South 525 miles ; hopefully we will race the 600 miles this year ; we race mainly Babies  hens & Cocks as the Hawk situation out here is really bad & i  also find YB'S Keep coming ; were  the Older birds are to cunning ?;The Launceston Race was a Smash only 8 home in our Fed we had 2 Hens  1st Cousins ; 8 months Old off two nest mate Brothers off our Old Jurion Family we were 2nd Fed only allowed to clock one bird the other would of been 5th Fed if Counted ; we got another home 8 days latter hawked badly ; 3 out of 5 sent ; the Mildura Race we clocked right on Dark with another Jurion 10 months Old which  was 10th Fed had its nest mate brother next morning at light ;The answer to your Queston  we race A Sprint family Short ; A Med Distance Family & a Distance family ;we just love racing pigeons .Our Sprint Pigeons are raced to an ounce per bird up to 250 miles with 10% bailey in there Mix  ;Our M/D Birds are Fed the Same but are Fed untill they start to drink water ;Our distance birds have no Bailey but we Add  Maize Rice & Safflower to our stand mix as we go out further ;We work our birds twice a day & feed twice a day 1/3rd in the Morn & 2/3rds at night;we work them to the minute using Flags depending on what we need them to do on race day ;Birds are trapped through an open door using ETS MI Benzing ;  Thanks for the Questons ; cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: % of protein needed in racing mixture   % of protein needed in racing mixture - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 2:21 pm

that's a blast from the past the jurions ...the queens lofts raced them over here good luck for the coming season killer Smile
Back to top Go down
killer
Hatchling
Hatchling
killer

PostSubject: Re: % of protein needed in racing mixture   % of protein needed in racing mixture - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 8:58 pm

We have had them & Maintained them since 1961 ; i believe the Queens loft had them since 1886 from the King & Queen of Belguim ;who sent them to Edwards vii Father ;Now Edward before he became King came to Australia in 1900 & made Freinds with the Pigeon people out here  & later sent birds out which became known as the "Royals" ; that blood is in the South Australian Distance lines up untill this day ;I very much dought if the Queens Loft to day still carry that Old blood ?; any how our Hens line's came late 1890's via August Jurion & later via his Son Ernest Jurion ;now the Cock line which we started with in 1961 being a Son of the  an Open Launceston winner called the Champ for Doug Richardson of Geelong {Vic}  ; we have found these pigeons to be very honest & to mature early so have stuck with them all this time ; but they are not the fastest pigeons going around as the Euro's that have come out; can burn them off on Faster days; but we get 2 to 3 race's a year that suits there Gate or Speed ;hope this fills in some gaps with History on them ; cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: % of protein needed in racing mixture   % of protein needed in racing mixture - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 10:28 pm

certainly does killer all interesting stuff I find the distance birds have a stronger constitution and have a few old strains my self commines,grooter,bricoux x sion and some old jan arden lines ,nostalgia I just love it pirat
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: % of protein needed in racing mixture   % of protein needed in racing mixture - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 12:27 am

oldstrain wrote:
that's a blast from the past the jurions ...the queens lofts raced them over here  good luck for the coming season killer Smile

Just to be be fair to Killer Smile Smile O/S & so you don't get misled by some of the tripe  bounce  bounce that is posted here at times. He belongs to one of the strongest clubs in the country here & it's a real hot bed for racing as they say. Also he is a real worker for his Club & Fed & the likes of him there have been trail blazes in how they have attempted to do the right thing, by their birds at all times on the transportation side of things with the looking outside of the square senario to find the best way forward.
Now !!! Enough said Wink Wink just put the cheque in the post tho K lol! lol! lol! & I might just do a follow up ??? here. cheers
Back to top Go down
killer
Hatchling
Hatchling
killer

PostSubject: Re: % of protein needed in racing mixture   % of protein needed in racing mixture - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 7:30 am

The Cheqs in the mail as they say ;but due to limit funds could you  please bounce it ;in stead of cashing it as its very Rubbery ?lol  thanks for the kind words; There are Better Flyer's up here than us ; thats for sure ; but we love to lock horns with them & some time's come out on Top ;we try & give our birds every chance to do so & have taken our Head out of the Sand & are always looking at better Methods ;to stand still in my book is going backwards ; thanks again about the Questons on our Fed up here & our Loft System ;Our Fed The SCF is also locked into a National web page & all our Results go up at around 8 pm every Saturday night ';Club & Fed Results over with in around 1 to 2 hrs ;which is fantasic ;in the past we had to wait 3 to 4 days ;this as been going on for the last 5 years or so & i believe we may be trend setters in this department . cheers

Last edited by killer on Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
devo56
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: % of protein needed in racing mixture   % of protein needed in racing mixture - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 8:46 am

I would just like to thank you for some really good reading, I think many enjoy subjects like this. Once again thank you.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: % of protein needed in racing mixture   % of protein needed in racing mixture - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 12:06 am

devo56 wrote:
Anyone used Matador feed, if so what are your thoughts.

The matador brand is top quality but expensive, the main person is Eddy Noel he is also a top fancier

For me it has to be Natural Grains high quality

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: % of protein needed in racing mixture   % of protein needed in racing mixture - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

% of protein needed in racing mixture
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2