Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» new hen for speed
How many times a year would you worm your pigeons Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 4:05 pm

» Weather today
How many times a year would you worm your pigeons Emptyby oldstrain Today at 4:00 pm

» Good Morning
How many times a year would you worm your pigeons Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 10:21 am

» sorting birds out
How many times a year would you worm your pigeons Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:33 am

» new rules from Defra
How many times a year would you worm your pigeons Emptyby David Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:30 pm

» RPRA Auction ........
How many times a year would you worm your pigeons Emptyby David Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:40 pm

» overnight and multiple nights basket
How many times a year would you worm your pigeons Emptyby Knackered Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:21 pm

» Loft Location
How many times a year would you worm your pigeons Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:43 pm

» RPRA , WHAT DO THEY DO ?
How many times a year would you worm your pigeons Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:43 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) How many times a year would you worm your pigeons 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 95 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 93 Guests :: 2 Bots

barnie, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.How many times a year would you worm your pigeons Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
How many times a year would you worm your pigeons Vote_lcapHow many times a year would you worm your pigeons Voting_barHow many times a year would you worm your pigeons Vote_rcap 
David
How many times a year would you worm your pigeons Vote_lcapHow many times a year would you worm your pigeons Voting_barHow many times a year would you worm your pigeons Vote_rcap 
oldstrain
Knackered
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1293 registered users
The newest registered user is Meddy78

Our users have posted a total of 221956 messages in 13973 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
How many times a year would you worm your pigeons Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
How many times a year would you worm your pigeons Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

How many times a year would you worm your pigeons

Go down 
+5
David
oldstrain
killer
barnie
devo56
9 posters
AuthorMessage
devo56
Youngbird
Youngbird

How many times a year would you worm your pigeons Empty
PostSubject: How many times a year would you worm your pigeons   How many times a year would you worm your pigeons EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 8:11 am

Well different flyers have there own methods we all know that, But to keep a safe and healthy Environment. How many times, and at what point do you worm your Racing Pigeons.
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: How many times a year would you worm your pigeons   How many times a year would you worm your pigeons EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 8:20 am

Mine used to be kept on allottments with chickens, pheasants and other stock so they were done about every 6 weeks, during racing I used Boost-Pac from Stock Nutrition but its not available now. Before pairing and after fully moulted they got Harkers capsules.
Back to top Go down
killer
Hatchling
Hatchling
killer

PostSubject: Re: How many times a year would you worm your pigeons   How many times a year would you worm your pigeons EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 8:50 am

The trick with worming is to do them 10 days apart for the sec worming ; cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: How many times a year would you worm your pigeons   How many times a year would you worm your pigeons EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 9:57 am

3 times a year ...before racing ...midway through the race programme (moxidectin) and end of season ,if using moxidectin as killers says treatment must be repeated 10 days later
Back to top Go down
devo56
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: How many times a year would you worm your pigeons   How many times a year would you worm your pigeons EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 10:04 am

What about young birds Oldstrain. I thought that myself over the older Pigeons.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: How many times a year would you worm your pigeons   How many times a year would you worm your pigeons EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 10:55 am

I would do the same worm just before racing and mid season then end of season but I would use moxidectin as its a bit milder I do use fenbenzadole too in capsule form which is good stuff ...product name is called easifen sold at the pigeon pharmacy £15 for 100 I use this if the vet is not about as my vet travels a lot doing seminars ...fenbenzadole is non prescription
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: How many times a year would you worm your pigeons   How many times a year would you worm your pigeons EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 11:11 am

I used the easifen capsules on darrens advise when my birds were ill......2 days after giving them it was like an explosion in a spaghetti factory, worms all over the place....... Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
devo56
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: How many times a year would you worm your pigeons   How many times a year would you worm your pigeons EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 12:53 pm

They sound very good David, Its good to know there is a product that really works.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: How many times a year would you worm your pigeons   How many times a year would you worm your pigeons EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 1:12 pm

yes dev, how many times do we hear fanciers say they don't have worms because they treat with crap products.......
Back to top Go down
devo56
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: How many times a year would you worm your pigeons   How many times a year would you worm your pigeons EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 1:22 pm

Prevention is the best form of a healthy loft, there are so many things we dont see, It is top of my list. Its good we have forums to share information. You can read so much about different products, but its good to know by other members, it really works.
Back to top Go down
EssexSteve
Youngbird
Youngbird
EssexSteve

PostSubject: Re: How many times a year would you worm your pigeons   How many times a year would you worm your pigeons EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 3:38 pm

4 times,
Before and after breeding
Before YB racing
At the end of the racing season
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: How many times a year would you worm your pigeons   How many times a year would you worm your pigeons EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 4:58 pm

hairworms are the worst and you wont even see them in the droppings so just because you cant see um don't think they are not their ...a lot of lofts wont treat for worms during race season which is daft because that's the worst time and then they wonder why their birds have gone off the boil or never come into form Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: How many times a year would you worm your pigeons   How many times a year would you worm your pigeons EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 6:03 pm

are hair worms very fine and white Darren? if so I saw these he day after using the easifen.....then on the second day I saw the big worms....also the easifen tablets kill eggs too.

to see these fine white hairs I had to put reading glasses on, with the naked eye I couldn't see them....... No
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: How many times a year would you worm your pigeons   How many times a year would you worm your pigeons EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 6:09 pm

roundworms I would think david hairworms are microscopic
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: How many times a year would you worm your pigeons   How many times a year would you worm your pigeons EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 8:14 pm

Three times a year before breeding then before racing and at the end of the year but it won't bother me if I had to worm in the moulting season
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: How many times a year would you worm your pigeons   How many times a year would you worm your pigeons EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 8:38 pm

markevans wrote:
Three times a year before breeding then before racing and at the end of the year but it won't bother me if I had to worm in the moulting season

me neither mark ,moxidectin is ok to use during the moult but fenbenzadole can cause fret marks
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: How many times a year would you worm your pigeons   How many times a year would you worm your pigeons EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 8:45 pm

Didn't no that about the fret marks but I would sooner worm a bird for one day and have a fret on one feather than leave it till after the moult and have a bird covered in frets I like to use lavemasol
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: How many times a year would you worm your pigeons   How many times a year would you worm your pigeons EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 8:55 pm

nothing wrong with levamisole in the correct concentration I think its quite a old remedy that's stood the test of time I like moxidectin when racing as its a 24 hour treatment
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: How many times a year would you worm your pigeons   How many times a year would you worm your pigeons EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 6:18 pm

one of the best wormers is garlic
Back to top Go down
sjrw
Hatchling
Hatchling
sjrw

PostSubject: Re: How many times a year would you worm your pigeons   How many times a year would you worm your pigeons EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 7:16 pm

I use panacur wormer. in the race season you can give it to them any time. and you cant over dose on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How many times a year would you worm your pigeons   How many times a year would you worm your pigeons Empty

Back to top Go down

How many times a year would you worm your pigeons
Page 1 of 1