Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  UK Pigeon SalesUK Pigeon Sales  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Cull birds.
by halcanada Today at 12:33 am

» Breeding by the phases of the MOON
by David Yesterday at 8:54 pm

» Purring birds
by halcanada Yesterday at 8:16 pm

» Last of the soybeans.
by halcanada Yesterday at 8:14 pm

» November issue.
by halcanada Yesterday at 8:10 pm

» Someone`s been Naughty....
by David Yesterday at 5:08 pm

» Club Shows
by friendsloft Yesterday at 4:16 pm

» breeder buyer
by David Yesterday at 2:26 pm

» Weather today
by David Yesterday at 12:36 pm

Forum Syndicate
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests :: 2 Bots

blueskylofts

Most users ever online was 144 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:37 am
Bucktons 2017 Calendar
Pigeon World Forum, Fancier of the Year Trophy.
Top posting users this week
David

halcanada

oldstrain

blueskylofts

Lofty

jet2013uk

Red Pied

Don Webb

friendsloft

chuda

Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1100 registered users
The newest registered user is Ryan Williams

Our users have posted a total of 155923 messages in 10353 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
John Gibbs young pied/grizzle winner.
Top posters
David

Don Webb

IANYOUNG

oldstrain

peel bros

Gaz b

Knackered

birdy2011

Rene A

Alex

Share | 

Raptor story

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Raptor story   Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:40 pm

Hi lads hers a story for the raptor alliance, as you are all aware Pembrokeshire has some serious raptor problems, the worst in the world I would say for pigeons.
But this week, well  last night to be precise it took a turn for the worst for me at least, so much so that if It wasn't for the fact I live in a rural area with the luxury of having no neighbours...if you know what I mean? I would give up pigeons today.

This week I have seen at my place buzzards, kites, kestrel, sparrow hawk, Goshawk and peregrine, which is a daily thing and some wont bother the birds, with the exception of the Goshawk which until this week I have never seen in the wild before in my life.
This all changed the other day when a Goshawk attacked my pigeons around the loft, unlike the peregrine who just kills at altitude this bird has rewritten the book on death.

Without going into great detail and producing a post of a thousand words, I will say one thing.. give me 10 peregrines any day of the week compared to this bird, and I will never complain about the peregrine again, The Goshawk is faster than the peregrine and attacks anytime and any where, and its like a rocket, the peregrine can get some speed up in a dive, but Goshawks have the capability of finishing the pigeon sport here once and for all, from a standing start after hitting a bird to the ground it caught a good racing hen within yards and dropped it.

In my opinion if this birds presence persists and grows there will be no pigeons racing out of Pembrokeshire within 5 years, I hope Im wrong and they are isolated but this bird is mental and much worst than a peregrine. I thought we had problems until this week, now I do have a problem it has to go and soon or Im going to have to pack it in.

I was at the loft last night about 6pm, birds out, standing with my shot gun in hand ready to scare the raptors off with the bang Wink and I failed to stop the Goshawk bring down 2 birds in front of my eyes, so what chance would anyone else have. the birds are ok but I have lost 4 around the loft now in a week just at exercise.

These birds are killing machines and must eat several birds a day, nothing can be safe and if the rspb care about birds in general forget sorting out peregrines the Goshawk would be top of my list or culling.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Raptor story   Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:14 pm

Oh blimey that's not good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Raptor story   Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:37 pm

Sorry to read sad news Martyn
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Raptor story   Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:05 pm

Don Webb wrote:
Sorry to read sad news Martyn

True Don, I'm some what surprised Rudd, is just now having trouble with the Gossies etc there. He had better learn quick Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad that they just love the inside of ones pigeon loft etc when looking for a feed. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
killer
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Raptor story   Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:46 am

Yep Plenty have got into pigeon Lofts over here & killed everthing in site ; lets hope things inprove out your way ; really what good are these killing Machines now in plage proportion ;they will eat all the Native birds out as well as our Pigeons ;then they may turn on there selves ; the Law as got to be changed regarding these Pests ;
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Raptor story   Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:23 am

sorry to hear martyn damn things are killing everything with wings and its all down to the rspb what a betrayal of an organisation who were supposed to protect all bird life Suspect

Last edited by oldstrain on Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
johnnorm2
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Raptor story   Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:35 pm

sorry to hear that mate it sounds like they are killing machines
Back to top Go down
View user profile
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Raptor story   Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:47 pm

We have some around here. Usually they do not bother the pigeons. They stick to the forest and north on the tundra. Have enough other raptors here. Cats are a problem. Another one today, biggest heaviest yet. Vulture bait now.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
killer
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Raptor story   Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:35 am

looks like a Ferral by the size of it ;or a cross with your Mountain Lions ?lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raptor story   

Back to top Go down