Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
antibiotics / probiotics Emptyby barnie Yesterday at 7:58 pm

» new hen for speed
antibiotics / probiotics Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 6:51 pm

» Good Morning
antibiotics / probiotics Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 10:21 am

» sorting birds out
antibiotics / probiotics Emptyby David Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:33 am

» new rules from Defra
antibiotics / probiotics Emptyby David Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:30 pm

» RPRA Auction ........
antibiotics / probiotics Emptyby David Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:40 pm

» overnight and multiple nights basket
antibiotics / probiotics Emptyby Knackered Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:21 pm

» Loft Location
antibiotics / probiotics Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:43 pm

» RPRA , WHAT DO THEY DO ?
antibiotics / probiotics Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:43 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) antibiotics / probiotics 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 59 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 58 Guests :: 1 Bot

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.antibiotics / probiotics Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
antibiotics / probiotics Vote_lcapantibiotics / probiotics Voting_barantibiotics / probiotics Vote_rcap 
David
antibiotics / probiotics Vote_lcapantibiotics / probiotics Voting_barantibiotics / probiotics Vote_rcap 
oldstrain
barnie
Knackered
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1293 registered users
The newest registered user is Meddy78

Our users have posted a total of 221961 messages in 13973 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
antibiotics / probiotics Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
antibiotics / probiotics Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

antibiotics / probiotics

Go down 
+3
Knackered
George & Morgan
Rudderfett
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

antibiotics / probiotics Empty
PostSubject: antibiotics / probiotics   antibiotics / probiotics EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 8:24 am

last Monday I visited the doctor, as I suffer with Astmatic chest infections need to be stopped and that's what I had. I haven't had so much as a cold all winter and now the weathers quite warm I get an infection crazy.

However when I went to the Chemist to collect my prescription for antibiotics, the lady chemist asked if I wanted to buy a Probiotic. Its a new thing which they now believe a must for anyone on medication such as antibiotics because it kills your good bacteria after medication.

I didn't buy them but in a year in which I decided to change everything I do with my pigeons I felt it appropriate to mention it. Basically all my pigeon life I have given Garlic, apple cider vinegar and Lemon juice, believing all these things are beneficial in different ways and help my pigeons.

The acid in the vinegar is good for killing and keeping bacteria at bay that is a fact and not myth, and as in winter when its cold all pigeons have great droppings shows that loose droppings when its warm is bacterial. This is where there is a problem as bacteria killers are indiscriminate as they kill all bacteria good and bad, also a fact GARLIC KILLS BACTERIA.

As I am a person who wants to improve in everything I do and being ultra competitive I believe we must change and not get stuck in a rut and become blind and stick to what we know.

SO THIS SEASON I HAVE TOTALLY CHANGED EVERYTHING.

Im not a medication fanatic anyway treating only on vets advice sending droppings off 3 times a year,, neither do I use potions and powders and have never ever ever given any of my pigeons Multivitamins  so my change has been to the fundamental methods in the loft.

As of the beginning of the season I have used corn, water, and only probiotics in the form of 3 types mixed together and given once every 2 weeks.

So instead of killing bacteria I am growing bacteria but of the good kind, I do feel that live yoghert isn't right for me, as Im against man made foods for pigeons because of the dairy aspect, this seasons yb racing will show what the results are as I haven't raced Old birds this season because of time and personal reasons.
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: antibiotics / probiotics   antibiotics / probiotics EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 8:50 am

could not agree more I give only corn and water the odd time cider vinegar and marmite
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: antibiotics / probiotics   antibiotics / probiotics EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 9:06 am

Rudderfett wrote:
last Monday I visited the doctor, as I suffer with Astmatic chest infections need to be stopped and that's what I had. I haven't had so much as a cold all winter and now the weathers quite warm I get an infection crazy.

However when I went to the Chemist to collect my prescription for antibiotics, the lady chemist asked if I wanted to buy a Probiotic. Its a new thing which they now believe a must for anyone on medication such as antibiotics because it kills your good bacteria after medication.

I didn't buy them but in a year in which I decided to change everything I do with my pigeons I felt it appropriate to mention it. Basically all my pigeon life I have given Garlic, apple cider vinegar and Lemon juice, believing all these things are beneficial in different ways and help my pigeons.

The acid in the vinegar is good for killing and keeping bacteria at bay that is a fact and not myth, and as in winter when its cold all pigeons have great droppings shows that loose droppings when its warm is bacterial. This is where there is a problem as bacteria killers are indiscriminate as they kill all bacteria good and bad, also a fact GARLIC KILLS BACTERIA.

As I am a person who wants to improve in everything I do and being ultra competitive I believe we must change and not get stuck in a rut and become blind and stick to what we know.

SO THIS SEASON I HAVE TOTALLY CHANGED EVERYTHING.

Im not a medication fanatic anyway treating only on vets advice sending droppings off 3 times a year,, neither do I use potions and powders and have never ever ever given any of my pigeons Multivitamins  so my change has been to the fundamental methods in the loft.

As of the beginning of the season I have used corn, water, and only probiotics in the form of 3 types mixed together and given once every 2 weeks.

So instead of killing bacteria I am growing bacteria but of the good kind, I do feel that live yoghert isn't right for me, as Im against man made foods for pigeons because of the dairy aspect, this seasons yb racing will show what the results are as I haven't raced Old birds this season because of time and personal reasons.

Same same Rudd "Asthmatic" 50 0dd years I have had the joy ??? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes. One can go from a champ to a chump Wink Wink pretty damm quick when it strikes etc sadly, as you well know. Interesting about the pro-biotic's above & I'm not quite sure if I'm in accordance with you & your thoughts, but it pays to keep and open mind Smile Smile. Sad as it is lol! lol! lol! I have trouble getting my head around Wink Wink Billions of goodies in one little capsule as such, whether it's for man or pigeons as they say. One tho looks forward to your coming young bird season Smile Smile etc & maybe ???  some answers will be answered, with you using them for the first time there . cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: antibiotics / probiotics   antibiotics / probiotics EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 9:14 am

when the pigeons are mixing on the wagon with other birds is when the problem starts in the off season their should never be a problem its when the birds are under stress and mixing with other birds carrying pathogens ...I don't use garlic or vinegar anymore I do use a probiotic once per week and oregano product 3 times per week and have not used a anti-biotic for over 3 years ...I think seeing is believing and I know what I would rather do I would rather prevent than cure
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: antibiotics / probiotics   antibiotics / probiotics EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 12:14 pm

Yes cant agree with you more once on wagon problems start...I was the only person in the whole area last year who didn't get YB sickness the whole area 4 clubs had it but not me, however soon as first race was over and birds came home my birds went sick, they caught it from the others, It stopped me racing again for 2 weeks.

Again this season so far no YB sickness, and Im hoping the probiotics and honey before the race will help to stop it taking hold of my pigeons looking after the inside first.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: antibiotics / probiotics   antibiotics / probiotics EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 10:37 pm

Would have to agree with you Martyn
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: antibiotics / probiotics   antibiotics / probiotics EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 10:45 pm

simple way to save money and time get them tested

dont overfeed your y/b at night

as for other birds on the transporters we have no controle over but if your birds go fit and healthy odds are they will over come anything thats lurking in the baskets
as for ybs it can attack at anytime many lofts round here get it within weeks of weaning so that rules the baskets out in one way
Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

PostSubject: Re: antibiotics / probiotics   antibiotics / probiotics EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 10:48 pm

Y.B sickness is very strange, I do believe it's triggered initially by stress and then passed on very quickly from bird to bird, but some people never seem to get it.
I've never been able to find a common connection to the people that don't get it.
It's a real puzzler. scratch
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: antibiotics / probiotics   antibiotics / probiotics EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 10:52 pm

Boosey wrote:
Y.B sickness is very strange, I do believe it's triggered initially by stress and then passed on very quickly from bird to bird, but some people never seem to get it.
I've never been able to find a common connection to the people that don't get it.
It's a real puzzler. scratch

Boosey here's one for you the fanciers I know who don't suffer with YBS, I have noticed they never clear there lofts out
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: antibiotics / probiotics   antibiotics / probiotics EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 11:01 pm

first year we aint had it yet don we got it one week into racing last year and that was also the week we removed the deep litter this year its still down and staying down
only other thing we have done differant is to feed the strong mix in the mornings and the diet at night as we obly let the birds out in the mornings around 6am now thats it for the day if its not fit they stay in that day
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: antibiotics / probiotics   antibiotics / probiotics EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 6:01 am

Alan Darragh from NI and winner of 6 nationals was ask about sickness in pigeons his reply was I dispose of the bird and any bird related to it no matter how much it costs
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: antibiotics / probiotics   antibiotics / probiotics EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 7:16 am

Rudderfett wrote:
Yes cant agree with you more once on wagon problems start...I was the only person in the whole area last year who didn't get YB sickness the whole area 4 clubs had it but not me, however soon as first race was over and birds came home my birds went sick, they caught it from the others, It stopped me racing again for 2 weeks.

Again this season so far no YB sickness, and Im hoping the probiotics and honey before the race will help to stop it taking hold of my pigeons looking after the inside first.

I read with interest your opening topic here Rudd Smile Smile etc & I was some what intrigued with your dislike of dairy products for our birds. Many I suspect have used Baby formula, Milk powder & yogurt type of thing or even yogurt cultures for our birds. Even I stand guilty lol! lol! lol!. Now !!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes 2 brothers, same birds & also the same training & basically the same regime around home decided to put this topic to the test. One fed a pigeon probiotic of the highest grade & the other one fed just milk powder for the probiotic factor through the Whey in it just to see if one could out do the other (like brothers do) bounce bounce. Sadly tho at the end of the day & at the end of 1/2 seasons there they both called it a draw going on their performances etc. So Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes what does this all mean in the end Wink Wink not much, except one can spend a lot less money (Milk powder) & the birds were still going strong at the end in both lofts & none had falling off the perch & finished up with a short life span Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: antibiotics / probiotics   antibiotics / probiotics EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 7:58 am

Don does have something in what he says, I am a loft cleaner and love it all looking tidy and hate droppings, however the last few years after weaning I leave the loft dirty for several weeks, then clean out and do the same again, not until trainings over and racing starts do I go back to a daily clean.

I also agree that it isn't something which originates in the baskets, as you can get it way before racing starts, but it can be caught , and caught through the racing crates if boys send sic birds...and they do.
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: antibiotics / probiotics   antibiotics / probiotics EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 8:26 am

I did said something like this while back to someone I don't clean out but did lift the easibed and one bird took sick I had to travel 30 mls for it this time got to say my birds look really well now when I have it down there is one thing I look for when birds are feeding ybs they must show no stress what so ever and must be in what I would call show condition at all times my birds don't fly out but do love the aviary which is open to them all time
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: antibiotics / probiotics   antibiotics / probiotics EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 9:02 am

deep litter is a great idea for building immunity its always down in my lofts
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: antibiotics / probiotics   antibiotics / probiotics EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 9:23 am

oldstrain wrote:

Intriguing O/S Smile Smile the whole business of deep litter & the proboitic benifits which can be gained by using it etc at times. My mind struggles with the concept Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes & I just wonder how one would calculate the millions/billions of goodies that must be past on to the birds at times, when they tend to pick & play in it. cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: antibiotics / probiotics   antibiotics / probiotics EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 10:08 am

Knackered wrote:
oldstrain wrote:

Intriguing O/S Smile Smile the whole business of deep litter & the proboitic benifits which can be gained by using it etc at times. My mind struggles with the concept Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes & I just wonder how one would calculate the millions/billions of goodies that must be past on to the birds at times, when they tend to pick & play in it. cheers

the science and statistics are beyond a mere pirat like me but I have always tended to go with what I see is working for the birds in respect to the state of their health also low exposure to bad bacterias would be a key aspect to using deep litter for me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: antibiotics / probiotics   antibiotics / probiotics Empty

Back to top Go down

antibiotics / probiotics
Page 1 of 1