Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» RPRA Partnerships
What would you change Emptyby barnie Today at 10:56 am

» Good Morning
What would you change Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 10:33 am

» Weather today
What would you change Emptyby David Today at 10:31 am

» BHW Subscriptions
What would you change Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
What would you change Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
What would you change Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
What would you change Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
What would you change Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
What would you change Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) What would you change 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 72 users online :: 3 Registered, 0 Hidden and 69 Guests :: 2 Bots

barnie, David, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.What would you change Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
What would you change Vote_lcapWhat would you change Voting_barWhat would you change Vote_rcap 
David
What would you change Vote_lcapWhat would you change Voting_barWhat would you change Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222788 messages in 14005 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
What would you change Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
What would you change Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

What would you change

Go down 
+3
Don Webb
George & Morgan
devo56
7 posters
AuthorMessage
devo56
Youngbird
Youngbird

What would you change Empty
PostSubject: What would you change   What would you change EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 9:54 am

This is to the members that raced this season, or again for members that dont race at present.
After this years racing season or looking at last years breeding season, is there anythink you would change. In your loft management or in your selection of breeding program.
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: What would you change   What would you change EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 10:43 am

breeding dev
Back to top Go down
devo56
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: What would you change   What would you change EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 11:22 am

rainbow wrote:
breeding  dev  

In what way george.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: What would you change   What would you change EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 12:17 pm

The first thing I would as soon as the season ends is remove the pigeons that have not earned there perch

Because as soon as they have moulted they will look a different pigeon then you give them another chance/season and if they don't perform then you've wasting your money on them again.

Have done it to many times

Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: What would you change   What would you change EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 12:41 pm

was gifted some birds one pair have not bred a yb to reach 1st race will now split them and give them one more chance as i'm sure they will
Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

PostSubject: Re: What would you change   What would you change EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 1:55 pm

I would breed earlier, so that I could get a few training tosses into the old birds, they weren't ready for the season, so I was all set to race on round about but lost all my hens in their first race in an east wind.

Also I thought I had a great round of youngens, training went perfectly and in the end had them all beating me home from 40 miles.
I sent them on the local training wagon twice to teach them how to break from the pack, but in the week leading up to the first race they seemed quieter than normal and droppings were looser.
First race I dropped 7 and was half our behind.
Same on the next race dropped 4 and half hour behind so I stopped them and had them tested. Result came back clear.
They were not holding food in their crop and were never sick. 1 day they would have perfect droppings another day dark slimy green droppings.
In my opinion they had a form of the yb sickness but very very mild, enough to affect their homing ability.
I was using Ropa b, and I think that may have kept it from coming out completely.
This year I'm seriously considering not racing young birds this season and just training them up well myself.
It's soul destroying putting in all the hard work and watching your team getting demolished like that.

Back to top Go down
devo56
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: What would you change   What would you change EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 5:21 pm

Boosey wrote:
I would breed earlier, so that I could get a few training tosses into the old birds, they weren't ready for the season, so I was all set to race on round about but lost all my hens in their first race in an east wind.

Also I thought I had a great round of youngens, training went perfectly and in the end had them all beating me home from 40 miles.
I sent them on the local training wagon twice to teach them how to break from the pack, but in the week leading up to the first race they seemed quieter than normal and droppings were looser.
First race I dropped 7 and was half our behind.
Same on the next race dropped 4 and half hour behind so I stopped them and had them tested. Result came back clear.
They were not holding food in their crop and were never sick. 1 day they would have perfect droppings another day dark slimy green droppings.
In my opinion they had a form of the yb sickness but very very mild, enough to affect their homing ability.
I was using Ropa b, and I think that may have kept it from coming out completely.
This year I'm seriously considering not racing young birds this season and just training them up well myself.
It's soul destroying putting in all the hard work and watching your team getting demolished like that.

If you dont mind me asking Boosey, do you have a date in mind for pairing up.
Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

PostSubject: Re: What would you change   What would you change EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 6:41 pm

I havnt thought to much about it yet Devo, but probably sometime in December.
Back to top Go down
devo56
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: What would you change   What would you change EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 6:55 pm

[
quote="Boosey"]I havnt thought to much about it yet Devo, but probably sometime in December.[/quote]

I am putting pairs together on 25th dec, full moon.
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: What would you change   What would you change EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 7:14 pm

The only thing I would change and I,m going to haha is,racing my hens again.I only raced cocks last season for the first time in a long time.I had a decent season with 3 wins but our hens fly just a good as the cocks and I missed racing them.so that's what I,m changing next season

Last edited by peel bros on Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: What would you change   What would you change EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 7:25 pm

good luck will be a busy season for you ray
Back to top Go down
mufc rick
Youngbird
Youngbird
mufc rick

PostSubject: Re: What would you change   What would you change EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 7:33 pm

i have twice as many hens as cocks so will pair 2 to 1 .the hen that gets home first will get the cock the other hen will sit out and watch them in the box b4 being moved bk into the hen section hope it works out Very Happy
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: What would you change   What would you change EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 7:35 pm

Good idea rick
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: What would you change   What would you change EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 11:48 pm

devo56 wrote:
This is to the members that raced this season, or again for members that dont race at present.
After this years racing season or looking at last years breeding season, is there anythink you would change. In your loft management or in your selection of breeding program.

Certainly is Devo Smile Smile Number one priority etc for me, would be my whole attitude towards my birds Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes now "it is utter crap" lol! lol! lol! compare to when I was a wee bit younger here. Now with all that being said bounce bounce unless there is some drastic changes in my view in relation to the weather (Hot hot hot) by those in power in the way we race I will be one of many Smile Smile I would suggest that may be looking to take up breeding canary's, for the thrill & the enjoyment factor. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What would you change   What would you change Empty

Back to top Go down

What would you change
Page 1 of 1