Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Ian Evans BHW Letter
 Out of the blind spot – Ep and Harco Poelman, Erica, NL Emptyby Knackered Today at 1:17 am

» birds on loan
 Out of the blind spot – Ep and Harco Poelman, Erica, NL Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:40 am

» Good Morning
 Out of the blind spot – Ep and Harco Poelman, Erica, NL Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:29 am

» photo of Morgan
 Out of the blind spot – Ep and Harco Poelman, Erica, NL Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:20 am

» Weather today
 Out of the blind spot – Ep and Harco Poelman, Erica, NL Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 5:23 pm

» Hotting up in the Middle East
 Out of the blind spot – Ep and Harco Poelman, Erica, NL Emptyby David Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:35 pm

» Homing World Stud Book
 Out of the blind spot – Ep and Harco Poelman, Erica, NL Emptyby George & Morgan Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:46 am

» York Road & District Results 2024
 Out of the blind spot – Ep and Harco Poelman, Erica, NL Emptyby David Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:39 am

» pigeonchat closing down
 Out of the blind spot – Ep and Harco Poelman, Erica, NL Emptyby David Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:55 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)  Out of the blind spot – Ep and Harco Poelman, Erica, NL 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 72 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 72 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud. Out of the blind spot – Ep and Harco Poelman, Erica, NL Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
 Out of the blind spot – Ep and Harco Poelman, Erica, NL Vote_lcap Out of the blind spot – Ep and Harco Poelman, Erica, NL Voting_bar Out of the blind spot – Ep and Harco Poelman, Erica, NL Vote_rcap 
David
 Out of the blind spot – Ep and Harco Poelman, Erica, NL Vote_lcap Out of the blind spot – Ep and Harco Poelman, Erica, NL Voting_bar Out of the blind spot – Ep and Harco Poelman, Erica, NL Vote_rcap 
Knackered
barnie
oldstrain
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222389 messages in 13991 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
 Out of the blind spot – Ep and Harco Poelman, Erica, NL Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
 Out of the blind spot – Ep and Harco Poelman, Erica, NL Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Out of the blind spot – Ep and Harco Poelman, Erica, NL

Go down 
+2
shippy
Poelman
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Poelman
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)
Poelman

Out of the blind spot – Ep and Harco Poelman, Erica, NL Empty
PostSubject: Out of the blind spot – Ep and Harco Poelman, Erica, NL    Out of the blind spot – Ep and Harco Poelman, Erica, NL EmptyTue Mar 01, 2016 9:36 am

Fashion breeds appear from year to year, just to disappear beyond the far horizon as fast as they appeared! Then there are those names who rarely appear in the spotlights for all the wrong reasons. Call it modesty or just not having the ambition to be on the front cover week by week, smiling their way towards fame and glory but still achieving exceptional performances with their favorite winged gladiators and just as equal to their place in the spotlights.

In this series we want to reflect on some of the names who earn a place in the sun, for the simple reason of producing top class results past and present. In this issue we want to focus your attention on the father & son partnership of Ep and Harco Poelman from Erica, NL. True strain makers who have been successfully racing as a family and have stood the test of time. Many of the lofts  successful bloodlines are from the supreme quality birds of Gerard Koopman. Not many can say that but Ep Poelman can! Still the same family is proving to be competitive in the highest level of racing from 60/400 miles, finding its origin in the world class Janssen and Meuleman lines. In the early 90s Ep Poelman was one of the most feared competitors of Gerard Koopman but was forced to have a total clearance sale. Being the smartest of them all it was Gerard investing in brother and sister Black Power and Black Power Lady excellent racers direct from the foundation pair, which brought  Gerard immediate success.

Gerard bred from these two gems his

Emperor Qin: 1st World Champion youngsters VerseleLaga,
   Amore: Olympiad ace bird allround Lievin,
   Wonder Lady: 1st. Nat. Orleans and in the second generation
   Miss Wonderfull: 1st.Nat. ace bird Long distance Fondspiegel.

These magnificent lines can still be found in todays Koopman winners. How about that for a return on investment? But also the Poelmans themselves where smart enough to put their trust in their own strong family baselines. When they restarted building their loft, Wander a full brother to Black Power proved to contain the same outstanding genes and became the new founding breeder. Wander bred no less than 18 first prize winners with different hens and almost all of todays successful Poelman racers have his blood. To create a perfect mix of endurance and exquisite orientation, the Dirk van Dycks Belgian elite ;Super son Bourges’ was brought in. Just to remind you, Den Bourges won 2nd. Nat. Bourges for Dirk and is a full brother to probable the most influential ace in pigeon racing of the last two decades the world-famous Kannibaal. This genepool boost brought six direct children winning 1st prizes from 1,200 to 12,000 competitors into our world, and an uncountable number of first prize winners in the following generations.

Next to the Van Dyck upgrade, also the best from Belgian sprint champion Frans Rondags made their move to Erica, NL and have had a huge influence on todays winners. Is the loft of Ep and Harco Poelman still able to compete on the highest level? Bear in mind the Poelmans are racing in the area in which the Koopman Vredeveld colonys are also competing. In the last three seasons Ep and Harco took no less then 40 x 1st prizes on club level, 12 x 1st prizes plus & 7 times 2nd prizes on Federation level, and on provincial/NPO level they took 2.,3.,4.,4.,4.,5.,5.,6.,6.,7.,7.,8.,9.,9.,9.,9. and 10. against 4,500 – 12,000 birds. So do you agree the "Black Power" birds have stood the test of time?

The system they practice is the classic widowhood with cocks, as their hens seem to be too interested in each other to be interested in racing. Harco is the third generation of this successful family with Ep proving to be an excellent teacher and even Harcos grandfather was a champion racer in his day. The Poelmans own some 25 stock pairs which provide them with 36 widowers to race coming from some 85 youngsters being raced on the darkness system. Besides that, they also race a 9 pair small team on natural, still being competitive at the top level of competition. A down to earth method with just a canker treatment and the usual respiratory treatment before the start of the season is enough to sustain good health. Not so much special as just smart is the use of a two-inch layer of grits in the young bird loft which creates an excellent atmosphere and playground for the new born champions. The big message Ep and Harco want to share with the rest of the world, plain and simple is, enjoy the sport, breed from your best x your best, only results count but in the end it all comes down to the quality of your birds.

Sjaak Buwalda, NL
Back to top Go down
http://www.poelmanpigeons.nl
shippy
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Out of the blind spot – Ep and Harco Poelman, Erica, NL    Out of the blind spot – Ep and Harco Poelman, Erica, NL EmptyTue Mar 01, 2016 9:59 am

good read cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Out of the blind spot – Ep and Harco Poelman, Erica, NL    Out of the blind spot – Ep and Harco Poelman, Erica, NL EmptyTue Mar 01, 2016 10:05 am

yes very interesting read Ep & Harco....look forward to more of your posts and any tips or info you may want to share.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Out of the blind spot – Ep and Harco Poelman, Erica, NL    Out of the blind spot – Ep and Harco Poelman, Erica, NL EmptyTue Mar 01, 2016 2:07 pm

remember my old friend henk de brueijs saying that koopman sends 200 ybs to a race if I was sending that sort of birdage I would want to find a few winners too ....what sort of birdage do your partnership send ...nice read all the same thankyou for sharing Smile
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Out of the blind spot – Ep and Harco Poelman, Erica, NL    Out of the blind spot – Ep and Harco Poelman, Erica, NL EmptyTue Mar 01, 2016 8:14 pm

oldstrain wrote:
remember my old friend henk de brueijs saying that koopman sends 200 ybs to a race if I was sending that sort of birdage I would want to find a few winners too ....what sort of birdage do your partnership send ...nice read all the same thankyou for sharing Smile  

Its always the same Daz they have large numbers trying to find that one champion from every 5,000 birds they breed a year
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Out of the blind spot – Ep and Harco Poelman, Erica, NL    Out of the blind spot – Ep and Harco Poelman, Erica, NL EmptyTue Mar 01, 2016 11:02 pm

Don Webb wrote:
oldstrain wrote:

Its always the same Daz they have large numbers trying to find that one champion from every 5,000 birds they breed a year

lol!lol!lol! 5000 Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes the 25 pair mentioned Wink Wink above, would be well & truly knackered I suspect Don Smile Smile to reach those numbers. cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Out of the blind spot – Ep and Harco Poelman, Erica, NL    Out of the blind spot – Ep and Harco Poelman, Erica, NL EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 8:24 am

85 ybs.......quite a big team that
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Out of the blind spot – Ep and Harco Poelman, Erica, NL    Out of the blind spot – Ep and Harco Poelman, Erica, NL EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 8:53 am

oldstrain wrote:

Maybe for you O/S Smile Smile. But, put a nought lol! lol! lol! after 5 etc & I will show you what some of them get up to down here etc. No names bounce bounce but a world renowned expert here, I will for safety reasons Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes just call him Dr Spock Smile Smile who last year had 280 odd birds & got cleaned out sadly before the season finished. This year lol! lol! lol! he has everything under control for what I'm told at this moment in time, with a wee mob  Wink  Wink of 750 odd, just to help him see out the season Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Out of the blind spot – Ep and Harco Poelman, Erica, NL    Out of the blind spot – Ep and Harco Poelman, Erica, NL EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 8:59 am

Knackered wrote:
oldstrain wrote:

Maybe for you O/S Smile Smile. But, put a nought lol! lol! lol! after 5 etc & I will show you what some of them get up to down here etc. No names bounce bounce but a world renowned expert here, I will for safety reasons Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes just call him Dr Spock Smile Smile who last year had 280 odd birds & got cleaned out sadly before the season finished. This year lol! lol! lol! he has everything under control for what I'm told at this moment in time, with a wee mob  Wink  Wink of 750 odd, just to help him see out the season Wink Wink. cheers

affraid madness Rolling Eyes ....dwarfs my team of 24 ybs lol! we have 27 members in our club the biggest team i have seen on basket night is about 70 but generally around 40 to 50 ybs would be the norm ,i think its all about air space and ventilation as to how many ybs to breed ...we have a 8x6 with a small flight at the front half way up where they trap
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Out of the blind spot – Ep and Harco Poelman, Erica, NL    Out of the blind spot – Ep and Harco Poelman, Erica, NL EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 9:16 am

oldstrain wrote:
Knackered wrote:
oldstrain wrote:

affraid madness Rolling Eyes ....dwarfs my team of 24 ybs lol! we have 27 members in our club the biggest team i have seen on basket night is about 70 but generally around 40 to 50 ybs would be the norm ,i think its all about air space and ventilation as to how many ybs to breed ...we have a 8x6 with a small flight at the front half way up where they trap

Big fish bounce bounce Little fish O/S Smile Smile Besides lol! lol! lol! you have certain medications you have to buy Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I suspect etc & he get's all his for nothing. cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Out of the blind spot – Ep and Harco Poelman, Erica, NL    Out of the blind spot – Ep and Harco Poelman, Erica, NL EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 9:22 am

would that be a certain mr walker Suspect
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Out of the blind spot – Ep and Harco Poelman, Erica, NL    Out of the blind spot – Ep and Harco Poelman, Erica, NL EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 9:30 am

oldstrain wrote:

MMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmm Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Have you heard the saying O/S Smile Smile lol! lol! lol! I know nothing  bounce  bounce in regards to your request  Wink  Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Out of the blind spot – Ep and Harco Poelman, Erica, NL    Out of the blind spot – Ep and Harco Poelman, Erica, NL EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 9:34 am

Knackered wrote:
oldstrain wrote:

MMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmm Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Have you heard the saying O/S Smile Smile lol! lol! lol! I know nothing  bounce  bounce in regards to your request  Wink  Wink. cheers

that will do me Wink
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Out of the blind spot – Ep and Harco Poelman, Erica, NL    Out of the blind spot – Ep and Harco Poelman, Erica, NL EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 9:48 am

oldstrain wrote:
Knackered wrote:
oldstrain wrote:

that will do me Wink

SmileSmile It will have to do O/S lol! lol! lol! I'm walking on glass here  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes I suspect & it's time I went to bed for safety Wink Wink so say goodnight/morning to my little pirat mate there please. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Out of the blind spot – Ep and Harco Poelman, Erica, NL    Out of the blind spot – Ep and Harco Poelman, Erica, NL Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1