Forum for Pigeon Fanciers
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  UK Pigeon SalesUK Pigeon Sales  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Racing Today......24/6/17.
by David Today at 2:39 pm

» Gem pellets
by blueskylofts Today at 2:30 pm

» Weather today
by David Today at 9:55 am

» saturday liberations
by blueskylofts Today at 8:22 am

» Basketing for this weekends racing
by blueskylofts Today at 7:06 am

» Made a start.
by halcanada Today at 4:15 am

» Looking ahead
by halcanada Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:51 am

» Tracking. Weekend race.
by halcanada Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:15 pm

» Crap Corn...?
by David Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:27 pm

Bucktons 2017 Calendar
Who is online?
In total there are 22 users online :: 4 Registered, 0 Hidden and 18 Guests :: 2 Bots

blueskylofts, David, johnnorm2, VanReet Man123

Most users ever online was 144 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:37 am
Pigeon World Forum, Fancier of the Year Trophy.
Top posting users this week
blueskylofts
 
halcanada
 
David
 
Lofty
 
Knackered
 
oldstrain
 
Boosey
 
redrog
 
markevans
 
peel bros
 
Sir Rene Archer wins 1st & 2nd club.
Rene Archer wins 1st and 2nd from Messac 118 miles on the 02/06/12 with a 2year old Jan Aarden which was lightly raced as a yearling...... Rene also took 1st on the 19/05/12 from Carentan 62 miles with a Barker, his daughters were also 2nd in the same race where they were the only birds home on the day.....Well done to Rene and his daughters.
Similar topics
Links.
Statistics
We have 1090 registered users
The newest registered user is Sansaa

Our users have posted a total of 152297 messages in 10058 subjects
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
John Gibbs young pied/grizzle winner.
Top posters
David
 
Don Webb
 
IANYOUNG
 
oldstrain
 
peel bros
 
Gaz b
 
birdy2011
 
Knackered
 
Rene A
 
Alex
 

Share | 
 

 Darren/Oldstrains Grit and Minerals Tray

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 28872
Join date : 2009-03-18
Location : Leeds

PostSubject: Darren/Oldstrains Grit and Minerals Tray   Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:53 pm

posting this photo up for Darren, of his grit and minerals......5 star luxury by the looks of it....... lol!


well done Darren, what a great idea, putting the pots into a feeding tray cheers


Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird


Posts : 1153
Join date : 2015-10-07
Location : Swansea

PostSubject: Re: Darren/Oldstrains Grit and Minerals Tray   Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:00 pm

Well done daz, smart arse lol! lol!
What's the last 2 daz can't make out what they are.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mufc rick
Youngbird
Youngbird
avatar

Posts : 1180
Join date : 2012-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Darren/Oldstrains Grit and Minerals Tray   Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:16 pm

spot on daz ,exactly what mine get but all in one big tub mixed together Razz this time of year they get it in there boxes every day to mainly help the hens cause the cocks r driving the life out of them Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mufc rick
Youngbird
Youngbird
avatar

Posts : 1180
Join date : 2012-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Darren/Oldstrains Grit and Minerals Tray   Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:17 pm

think there red and black minerals lofty
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird


Posts : 1153
Join date : 2015-10-07
Location : Swansea

PostSubject: Re: Darren/Oldstrains Grit and Minerals Tray   Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:33 pm

mufc rick wrote:
think there red and black minerals lofty

Thank you, wasn't sure because they look very fine, dust like, and not like fine grit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 9868
Join date : 2011-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Darren/Oldstrains Grit and Minerals Tray   Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:45 pm

from left to right ...crushed oyster shell,red pick stone,clay block,black mineral,pink mineral
rics right i also have a tub blended together for the nest boxes but if the birds need anything specific its their for them after they start sitting no need to put in the nest boxes the tray is taken indoors and left in the kitchen overnight much to the annoyance of her indoors Mad Razz otherwise they get damp...thanks for posting the pic for me david


Last edited by oldstrain on Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 28872
Join date : 2009-03-18
Location : Leeds

PostSubject: Re: Darren/Oldstrains Grit and Minerals Tray   Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:51 pm

great idea putting the pots in the feeding tray Darren, do you leave them in permenantly or take them out for feeding the pigeons ? do you leave in over night ...?

is that the vanrobys pink minerals Darren, it looks like the one I get which is very sorf and fine powder, not like the rough stuff......
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 9868
Join date : 2011-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Darren/Oldstrains Grit and Minerals Tray   Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:53 pm

David wrote:
great idea putting the pots in the feeding tray Darren, do you leave them in permenantly or take them out for feeding the pigeons ? do you leave in over night ...?

is that the vanrobys pink minerals Darren, it looks like the one I get which is very sorf and fine powder, not like the rough stuff......

natural pink mins david and the tray is left in from morning til night then brought indoors ...birds are fed in the boxes now
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 28872
Join date : 2009-03-18
Location : Leeds

PostSubject: Re: Darren/Oldstrains Grit and Minerals Tray   Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:08 pm

right, thanks for the info Darren...... cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
shippy
Hatchling
Hatchling


Posts : 756
Join date : 2012-02-25
Age : 68
Location : darlington

PostSubject: Re: Darren/Oldstrains Grit and Minerals Tray   Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:16 pm



looking good Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 28872
Join date : 2009-03-18
Location : Leeds

PostSubject: Re: Darren/Oldstrains Grit and Minerals Tray   Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:45 pm

Darren, which do your birds tend to eat most of out of the 5 pots, which are they more keen on ...?
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 5514
Join date : 2013-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Darren/Oldstrains Grit and Minerals Tray   Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:22 pm

oldstrain wrote:
from left to right ...crushed oyster shell,red pick stone,clay block,black mineral,pink mineral
rics right i also have a tub blended together for the nest boxes but if the birds need anything specific its their for them after they start sitting no need to put in the nest boxes the tray is taken indoors and left in the kitchen overnight much to the annoyance of her indoors  Mad  Razz otherwise they get damp...thanks for posting the pic for me david

What's the secret O/S Wink Wink with your in doors etc bounce bounce. Between the sh*te lol! lol! lol! kepted in her cupboard & now the goodies for your birds stored on her table as such I get the feeling I've lost out "Big time" with my missus sadly. Now !!!, interesting collection there Wink Wink thou I would be adding a pot of salt, but as you know lol! lol! lol! only too well Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes by now, I know nothing. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VanReet Man123
Youngbird
Youngbird
avatar

Posts : 1024
Join date : 2011-03-04
Age : 43
Location : Great Harwood

PostSubject: Re: Darren/Oldstrains Grit and Minerals Tray   Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:29 am

Handy thing that Daz stops the grit and minerals going allover the place.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 9868
Join date : 2011-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Darren/Oldstrains Grit and Minerals Tray   Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:33 am

David wrote:
Darren, which do your birds tend to eat most of out of the 5 pots, which are they more keen on ...?

they have a pop at it all david its clearly visible when feeding ybs i would say extra intake of black mineral is a lot more for its salt content no doubt
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 9868
Join date : 2011-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Darren/Oldstrains Grit and Minerals Tray   Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:37 am

Knackered wrote:
oldstrain wrote:
from left to right ...crushed oyster shell,red pick stone,clay block,black mineral,pink mineral
rics right i also have a tub blended together for the nest boxes but if the birds need anything specific its their for them after they start sitting no need to put in the nest boxes the tray is taken indoors and left in the kitchen overnight much to the annoyance of her indoors  Mad  Razz otherwise they get damp...thanks for posting the pic for me david

What's the secret O/S Wink Wink with your in doors etc bounce bounce. Between the sh*te lol! lol! lol! kepted in her cupboard & now the goodies for your birds stored on her table as such I get the feeling I've lost out "Big time" with my missus sadly. Now !!!, interesting collection there Wink Wink thou I would be adding a pot of salt, but as you know lol! lol! lol! only too well Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes by now, I know nothing. cheers

yes salts very important for rearing ybs the black mineral contains a fair whack of salt i have tasted it myself i did toy with the idea of adding salt before but birds seem to be ok and content with the mineral did try a salt lick but kept weeping and left damp patch in the loft
Back to top Go down
View user profile
seanl
Youngbird
Youngbird


Posts : 2399
Join date : 2011-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Darren/Oldstrains Grit and Minerals Tray   Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:58 pm

oldstrain wrote:
Knackered wrote:
oldstrain wrote:
from left to right ...crushed oyster shell,red pick stone,clay block,black mineral,pink mineral
rics right i also have a tub blended together for the nest boxes but if the birds need anything specific its their for them after they start sitting no need to put in the nest boxes the tray is taken indoors and left in the kitchen overnight much to the annoyance of her indoors  Mad  Razz otherwise they get damp...thanks for posting the pic for me david

What's the secret O/S Wink Wink with your in doors etc bounce bounce. Between the sh*te lol! lol! lol! kepted in her cupboard & now the goodies for your birds stored on her table as such I get the feeling I've lost out "Big time" with my missus sadly. Now !!!, interesting collection there Wink Wink thou I would be adding a pot of salt, but as you know lol! lol! lol! only too well Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes by now, I know nothing. cheers

yes salts very important for rearing ybs the black mineral contains a fair whack of salt i have tasted it myself i did toy with the idea of adding salt before but birds seem to be ok and content with the mineral did try a salt lick but kept weeping and left damp patch in the loft

if u put a pot of table salt in for the birds they will take what they need but wont gorge them selves sean
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shippy
Hatchling
Hatchling


Posts : 756
Join date : 2012-02-25
Age : 68
Location : darlington

PostSubject: Re: Darren/Oldstrains Grit and Minerals Tray   Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:32 am



seems to be a lot of fanciers in favour of using salt for thier birds something i have never done but think its time i tried some after reading lots of posts Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 5514
Join date : 2013-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Darren/Oldstrains Grit and Minerals Tray   Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:49 pm

shippy wrote:


 seems to be a lot of fanciers in favour of using salt for thier birds something i have never done but think its time i tried some after reading lots of posts Wink

I've heard most of the disaster type stories Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Shippy in relation to salt & pigeons etc. Total rubbish, from my perspective. I'm even happy to put a cup of salt in the bath water for them on a regular basis & as we know pigeons more times than not will first drink the water before jumping in as such & even with doing that I've never found any issues to be concerned with/about  Wink  Wink & just as a final note  lol!  lol!  lol! for the bleach sceptics as such  bounce  bounce I'm happy at times to replace the salt  Smile  Smile with a cupful of bleach. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shippy
Hatchling
Hatchling


Posts : 756
Join date : 2012-02-25
Age : 68
Location : darlington

PostSubject: Re: Darren/Oldstrains Grit and Minerals Tray   Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:45 am



not to keen on bleach for the birds will give that one a miss Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 28872
Join date : 2009-03-18
Location : Leeds

PostSubject: Re: Darren/Oldstrains Grit and Minerals Tray   Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:59 am

on Darren/oldstrains advise I gave mine black minerals a year ago because when they were feeding they were lacking in something, I could see them searching round the loft even though they had grit, pink minerals etc......Darren told me the black minerals contain salt so I gave them this and within days they improved and ive given it ever since on a regular basis.....

I remember ray peel a few years ago giving his birds one of those cattle, salt blocks and he found pigeons had too much and died.....maybe he can tell more about it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 5514
Join date : 2013-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Darren/Oldstrains Grit and Minerals Tray   Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:15 pm

shippy wrote:


not to keen on bleach for the birds will give that one a miss Shocked


lol!lol!lol!. Well Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Shippy, I will refrain from giving you my spirits of salts tonic etc Smile Smile being an old plumber. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shippy
Hatchling
Hatchling


Posts : 756
Join date : 2012-02-25
Age : 68
Location : darlington

PostSubject: Re: Darren/Oldstrains Grit and Minerals Tray   Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:19 am



SPIRITS OF SALTS TONIC the mind boggles knackered lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 28872
Join date : 2009-03-18
Location : Leeds

PostSubject: Re: Darren/Oldstrains Grit and Minerals Tray   Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:21 am

Knackered wrote:
shippy wrote:


not to keen on bleach for the birds will give that one a miss Shocked


lol!lol!lol!. Well Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Shippy, I will refrain from giving you my spirits of salts tonic etc Smile Smile being an old plumber. cheers


your not unblocking a sink now knackered........ lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 5514
Join date : 2013-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Darren/Oldstrains Grit and Minerals Tray   Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:38 am

shippy wrote:


   SPIRITS OF SALTS TONIC the mind boggles knackered lol!

lol!lol!lol! if you like Shippy Smile Smile for the same price bounce bounce I will give you the battery acid tonic "Special brew" if you really want to fire all your birds up there. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 9868
Join date : 2011-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Darren/Oldstrains Grit and Minerals Tray   Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:44 am

why not chuck a few rusty nails in for good measure cheers lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Darren/Oldstrains Grit and Minerals Tray   

Back to top Go down
 
Darren/Oldstrains Grit and Minerals Tray
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Darren/Oldstrains Grit and Minerals Tray
» Tomato Tray
» Pink minerals.....?
» How Can I Train My Rabbits To Use A Litter Tray?
» 15 - SANDWICH TRAY

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Racing Pigeons,Show & Fancy Pigeons :: Message Forum :: Introductions & Members Messages.-
Jump to: