Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  UK Pigeon SalesUK Pigeon Sales  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Racing 19/8/17
by oldstrain Today at 3:23 pm

» Weather today
by redrog Today at 11:47 am

» Worksop 4th,5th,6th,7th,8th,9th...
by Knackered Today at 12:16 am

» RPRA Update 17th August
by David Yesterday at 3:51 pm

» I am back on ..
by Knackered Yesterday at 5:56 am

» Today's bargain
by Knackered Yesterday at 5:44 am

» Tuesday 15th. Race Day, Live Link.
by David Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:09 pm

» Tuesday Evening RPRA Update.
by peel bros Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:05 pm

» Wednesday 16th Update RPRA.
by Boosey Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:23 pm

Bucktons 2017 Calendar
Who is online?
In total there are 25 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 23 Guests :: 1 Bot

blueskylofts, oldstrain

Most users ever online was 144 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:37 am
Pigeon World Forum, Fancier of the Year Trophy.
Top posting users this week
David

Lofty

oldstrain

Knackered

blueskylofts

redrog

Boosey

peel bros

jet2013uk

johnnorm2

Sir Rene Archer wins 1st & 2nd club.
Rene Archer wins 1st and 2nd from Messac 118 miles on the 02/06/12 with a 2year old Jan Aarden which was lightly raced as a yearling...... Rene also took 1st on the 19/05/12 from Carentan 62 miles with a Barker, his daughters were also 2nd in the same race where they were the only birds home on the day.....Well done to Rene and his daughters.
Similar topics
Links.
Statistics
We have 1094 registered users
The newest registered user is Tony scaife

Our users have posted a total of 153820 messages in 10174 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
John Gibbs young pied/grizzle winner.
Top posters
David

Don Webb

IANYOUNG

oldstrain

peel bros

Gaz b

Knackered

birdy2011

Rene A

Alex

Share | 

RPRA and Waldrop.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: RPRA and Waldrop.   Tue May 17, 2016 10:27 pm

been without internet over the weekend, I did use my phone to see what was happening, but it isn't the same.......anyway, had a read through a few bhw weeklies and found quite a bit of discussion about the placing of ets pads, different fanciers had different views, but when it comes down to it the rpra do have rules which members must adhere to and if there is any miss understanding the rpra should make it clear what the rules are.

here I come to something which is a surprise, mr waldrop has said he isn't taking sides........... affraid

whats all that about ? a rule is a rule end of story, the rules must state weather the pad is to be in the confines of the loft or not.......whats he getting paid for...?

any views ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: RPRA and Waldrop.   Wed May 18, 2016 9:14 am

pad should be in the loft end of but some guys get around that and gain a advantage ...easy to do ,anyway I will stick with the t3
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
David
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: RPRA and Waldrop.   Wed May 18, 2016 9:21 am

yes me too Darren, will stick with the T3.

thing is, the use of ets is an advantage, but not an unfair advantage as long as the bird has to trap inside of the lofts boundary, once a fancier positions his pad outside the loft where the bird can simply walk over it, without actually entering the loft then it becomes an un fair advantage.....or cheating.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: RPRA and Waldrop.   Wed May 18, 2016 11:10 am

David wrote:
yes me too Darren, will stick with the T3.

thing is, the use of ets is an advantage, but not an unfair advantage as long as the bird has to trap inside of the lofts boundary, once a fancier positions his pad outside the loft where the bird can simply walk over it, without actually entering the loft then it becomes an un fair advantage.....or cheating.

MMMMmmmmmmm Smile Smile "Cheating" Some what harsh I suspect David Wink Wink as at the end of the day people only go by what rule is in place etc where they race. One on one & the first bird home etc I consider it not a big issue, but no man on this earth could put 20 in a manaul clock like what happens with a Electronic clock if they all come together type of thing & that side of it is what concerns me along with having the pad outside the loft as such, which many have down here. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: RPRA and Waldrop.   Wed May 18, 2016 11:17 am

yes that's right knackerd, the rule in place has to be maintained and stuck to...its no good the rpra making rules if they are vague or in accurate .......

placing the pad outside the loft, so it times the bird without entering the loft is, im my opinion cheating.....or at least gaining an un fair advantage, an advantage no T3 user could ever equal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: RPRA and Waldrop.   Wed May 18, 2016 11:40 am

David wrote:
yes that's right knackerd, the rule in place has to be maintained and stuck to...its no good the rpra making rules if they are vague or in accurate .......

placing the pad outside the loft, so it times the bird without entering the loft is, im my opinion cheating.....or at least gaining an un fair advantage, an advantage no T3 user could ever equal.

I understand your point of view David Smile Smile but the issue is more an official issue I believe, than  with how people can interpretate the rule what ever they may be. Now !!!. Putting it in blunt terms  lol! lol! lol! those in charge at the RPRA I suspect, should just pull their finger out etc  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes & clean the whole issue up, so no one has any doubts as to what the rule implys. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: RPRA and Waldrop.   Wed May 18, 2016 1:09 pm

yes your right knackered, there shouldn't be an eliment of how people interperate the rules....they should be clearly set out, and if there is confusion our "leader" should earn his wage and set the record straight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: RPRA and Waldrop.   Wed May 18, 2016 2:34 pm

I've been following this on the letters pages of the bhw, there's a lot of controversy about the positioning of the pads, I think the rpra need to nip this in the bud now, get the wording of the rules correct or fanciers using ets will be looking around at each other wondering who is "cheating" and who is putting the pads in the correct place , it seem to have been rumbling on for quite some time now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: RPRA and Waldrop.   Wed May 18, 2016 3:36 pm

yes lofty this is what I think too, it needs to made clear by the powers that be.......I havnt read the letters page for quite some time, but just happened to look through a few editions while my internet was off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
seanl
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: RPRA and Waldrop.   Wed May 18, 2016 6:51 pm

ets pads should be inside the loft no doubt about it I have ets but I,m using my T3 ets is better to clock birds but u got to get them first sean
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RPRA and Waldrop.   

Back to top Go down

RPRA and Waldrop.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1