Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
A few of our young birds  Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 11:44 am

» Good Morning
A few of our young birds  Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 11:42 am

» King removes Patronage
A few of our young birds  Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 7:21 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
A few of our young birds  Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
A few of our young birds  Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» escaped birds return
A few of our young birds  Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 10:42 am

» Scandalous .......
A few of our young birds  Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
A few of our young birds  Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
A few of our young birds  Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) A few of our young birds  20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 75 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 75 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.A few of our young birds  Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
A few of our young birds  Vote_lcapA few of our young birds  Voting_barA few of our young birds  Vote_rcap 
David
A few of our young birds  Vote_lcapA few of our young birds  Voting_barA few of our young birds  Vote_rcap 
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222740 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
A few of our young birds  Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
A few of our young birds  Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

A few of our young birds

Go down 
+6
peel bros
blueskylofts
Lofty
oldstrain
David
Skywalker
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Skywalker
Chipping
Chipping
Skywalker

A few of our young birds  Empty
PostSubject: A few of our young birds    A few of our young birds  EmptyMon May 23, 2016 7:03 pm

A few of our young birds  Snapch11
A few of our young birds  Snapch13
A few of our young birds  Snapch10
A few of our young birds  Snapch15
A few of our young birds  Snapch16
A few of our young birds  Snapch14
A few of our young birds  Snapch12
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: A few of our young birds    A few of our young birds  EmptyMon May 23, 2016 7:17 pm

young bitrds looking in good health s/walker, I like the grizzles and the dark one in the 2nd photo best, but they are all nice young birds.....hope they do well for you cheers
Back to top Go down
Skywalker
Chipping
Chipping
Skywalker

PostSubject: Re: A few of our young birds    A few of our young birds  EmptyMon May 23, 2016 7:36 pm

David wrote:
young bitrds looking in good health s/walker, I like the grizzles and the dark one in the 2nd photo best, but they are all nice young birds.....hope they do well for you cheers

Thanks David. Some of the grizzles are off ray very nice birds.
Back to top Go down
Skywalker
Chipping
Chipping
Skywalker

PostSubject: Re: A few of our young birds    A few of our young birds  EmptyMon May 23, 2016 7:38 pm

I really like this bird as well A few of our young birds  Snapch17
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: A few of our young birds    A few of our young birds  EmptyMon May 23, 2016 7:51 pm

some lovely ybs their lads keep up the good work ...like the blue grizzle Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Skywalker
Chipping
Chipping
Skywalker

PostSubject: Re: A few of our young birds    A few of our young birds  EmptyMon May 23, 2016 8:15 pm

oldstrain wrote:
some lovely ybs their lads keep up the good work ...like the blue grizzle Very Happy

Thanks u Darren Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Skywalker
Chipping
Chipping
Skywalker

PostSubject: Re: A few of our young birds    A few of our young birds  EmptyMon May 23, 2016 10:12 pm

Think this will work lol!
Back to top Go down
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: A few of our young birds    A few of our young birds  EmptyMon May 23, 2016 10:46 pm

Yep you got it, well done luke
Back to top Go down
Skywalker
Chipping
Chipping
Skywalker

PostSubject: Re: A few of our young birds    A few of our young birds  EmptyMon May 23, 2016 11:22 pm

[quote="Lofty"]Yep you got it, well done luke[/quote

Video looks OK to roy
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: A few of our young birds    A few of our young birds  EmptyMon May 23, 2016 11:46 pm

yeah, looking good s/walker...... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: A few of our young birds    A few of our young birds  EmptyTue May 24, 2016 5:37 am

Skywalker wrote:
Lofty wrote:
Yep you got it, well done luke[/quote

Video looks OK to roy

Nice little vid' Skywalker.

I like the look of your young birds. I very much like the grizzles - what breed are they.

If I could give you a little advice re carpentry. I noticed that you just have a piece of battening screwed to a cross member, for the birds to sit on. If you want to stop the screws splitting the wood - drill through the battening before you screw them. For the type of dry wall screws you have used, a 3 mm or 1/8 inch hole is good enough.

Also you will find that the 'chip board' you have used will get damp and start to expand and warp in time. Could you give everything a coat of emulsion paint. I know ply is really expensive, but chip board is not the best thing to use in a loft. I guess many use it because it is cheaper than ply, but still ....

All the VERY best with your birds.

Yours in Sport
Phil (blueskylofts)
Back to top Go down
http://www.philongold.net
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: A few of our young birds    A few of our young birds  EmptyTue May 24, 2016 6:05 am

Some nice 6b's there
Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

PostSubject: Re: A few of our young birds    A few of our young birds  EmptyTue May 24, 2016 6:07 am

They are looking good mate, all very healthy,
Back to top Go down
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: A few of our young birds    A few of our young birds  EmptyTue May 24, 2016 9:41 am

Most of the grizzles are bred by our Ray,(peel bros) and were kindly gifted to us, although not rung will do very nicely for stock next year, they are super birds, some have been bred by us and are just flying out, we've got high hopes for them, probably the kiss of death on them now lol

Phil, the pieces of batten are drilled before screwing, as is all my wood, the perches are made from floor grade woodchip and although you can't notice it, is sealed with wood sealer, I did mention to Luke about painting but as with these youngsters nowadays it's all, yep I'll do it tomorrow lol.

Last edited by Lofty on Tue May 24, 2016 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: A few of our young birds    A few of our young birds  EmptyTue May 24, 2016 9:45 am

oldstrain wrote:

They're on another 2 young uns daz, if there's another 1 in there your name is on it buddy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: A few of our young birds    A few of our young birds  EmptyTue May 24, 2016 9:57 am

Lofty wrote:
Most of the grizzles are bred by our Ray,(peel bros) and were kindly gifted to us, although not rung will do very nicely for stock next year, they are super birds, some have been bred by us and are just flying out, we've got high hopes for them, probably the kiss of death on them now lol

Phil, the pieces of batten are drilled before screwing, as is all my wood, the perches are made from floor grade woodchip and although you can't notice it, is sealed with wood sealer, I did mention to Luke about painting but as with these youngsters nowadays it's all, yep I'll do it tomorrow lol.

Sorry - I wasn't trying to but my nose into your business - just trying to help.

I am sure you have all made mistakes when first putting a loft together.

ATB
Phil
Back to top Go down
http://www.philongold.net
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: A few of our young birds    A few of our young birds  EmptyTue May 24, 2016 10:02 am

None taken Phil, once someone explains why they've done what it's easier to understand, 40 odd years of working in the building trade does that to you lol!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: A few of our young birds    A few of our young birds  EmptyTue May 24, 2016 10:22 am

I made my first widowhood boxes out of floor grade chip board lofty, I had some left over from my conservatory so I used it......I only built a block of 4 and they weighed a ton, and were a nightmare sawing them by hand..... lol! lol!

but out of all my nest boxes there have stayed in the best condition, never bowing or bending......maybe because they are water resistant Question Question
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: A few of our young birds    A few of our young birds  EmptyTue May 24, 2016 10:46 am

like the red youngster, maybe it's a hen? If so she's a nice bird.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: A few of our young birds    A few of our young birds  EmptyTue May 24, 2016 11:13 am

Lofty wrote:

I take it Lofty Smile Smile lol! lol! lol! your the one with the gorgeous daughter etc bounce bounce that got Luke hooked on the birds there Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: A few of our young birds    A few of our young birds  EmptyTue May 24, 2016 11:42 am

Your right knackered, gorgeous daughter so how the hell I ended up with a tubby bloke with a beard for a son in law God only knows Razz
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: A few of our young birds    A few of our young birds  EmptyTue May 24, 2016 12:03 pm

Lofty wrote:
Your right knackered, gorgeous daughter so how the hell I ended up with a tubby bloke with a beard for a son in law God only knows Razz

lol!lol!lol!lol!lol! Could I suggest Smile Smile that bit of information bounce bounce we just keep between our selves here etc Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: A few of our young birds    A few of our young birds  EmptyTue May 24, 2016 12:34 pm

Lofty wrote:

the son in law might be thinking, how the hell he ended up with a grumpy old git as a father in law lofty............. lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Skywalker
Chipping
Chipping
Skywalker

PostSubject: Re: A few of our young birds    A few of our young birds  EmptyTue May 24, 2016 6:31 pm

David wrote:
Lofty wrote:

the son in law might be thinking, how the hell he ended up with a grumpy old git as a father in law lofty............. lol! lol! lol!

You couldn't be more right David he's a grumpy old bossy git but I will say he really is a super star in my eyes Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: A few of our young birds    A few of our young birds  EmptyTue May 24, 2016 6:51 pm

DAVID, are you reading this, see there is 1 person in the world that likes me, ( if he didn't my daughter would give him a dogs life Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A few of our young birds    A few of our young birds  Empty

Back to top Go down

A few of our young birds
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next