Forum for Pigeon Fanciers
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  UK Pigeon SalesUK Pigeon Sales  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» floating eggs
by Knackered Today at 12:48 am

» Aviery , Whats Yours Like ...?
by Knackered Today at 12:37 am

» Pairing Up....
by Knackered Today at 12:13 am

» One Loft Races to consider
by Knackered Yesterday at 11:57 pm

» Canadian Road Rage! Discretion advised!
by halcanada Yesterday at 11:52 pm

» Birds of a feather.
by halcanada Yesterday at 11:45 pm

» Old Cocks Show.
by David Yesterday at 7:04 pm

» Old Cock Show Entries 2017.
by David Yesterday at 6:40 pm

» BALLOT FORM FOR ALL SYNDICATE MEMBERS
by friendsloft Yesterday at 4:15 pm

Forum Syndicate
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
Who is online?
In total there are 18 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 18 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 144 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:37 am
Bucktons 2017 Calendar
Pigeon World Forum, Fancier of the Year Trophy.
Top posting users this week
Knackered
 
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1102 registered users
The newest registered user is swaps

Our users have posted a total of 156904 messages in 10425 subjects
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
John Gibbs young pied/grizzle winner.
Top posters
David
 
Don Webb
 
IANYOUNG
 
oldstrain
 
peel bros
 
Gaz b
 
Knackered
 
birdy2011
 
Rene A
 
Alex
 

Share | 
 

 Memebers with New Lofts

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
avatar

Posts : 1580
Join date : 2016-02-28
Age : 63
Location : Pontivy, Central Brittany, FRANCE

PostSubject: Memebers with New Lofts   Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:44 pm

I think I read somewhere in the last couple of days about one of our members getting a new loft from Ecco Lofts.

If it is you OR you have a loft from Ecco lofts can you let me know.

Also - where would members recommend getting a loft from?

Thanks
Phil
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.philongold.net
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 10473
Join date : 2011-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Memebers with New Lofts   Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:57 pm

blueskylofts wrote:
I think I read somewhere in the last couple of days about one of our members getting a new loft from Ecco Lofts.

If it is you OR you have a loft from Ecco lofts can you let me know.

Also - where would members recommend getting a loft from?

Thanks
Phil

I had a new loft from ecco lofts erected late febuary...what would you like to know phil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
avatar

Posts : 2398
Join date : 2013-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Memebers with New Lofts   Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:33 pm

i got 1 two years ago from eco never again
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
avatar

Posts : 1459
Join date : 2013-08-09
Age : 46
Location : Basildon, Essex

PostSubject: Re: Memebers with New Lofts   Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:13 pm

Whys that Edgie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
avatar

Posts : 1580
Join date : 2016-02-28
Age : 63
Location : Pontivy, Central Brittany, FRANCE

PostSubject: Ecco Lofts   Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:16 am

OK - I was going to send P.M.s to everyone that answered my posting regarding Ecco Lofts, and I am still not sure if I should or should not.

The situation was - I wanted a new young bird loft and started looking around, on Google, in the pigeon comics etc.

I saw a great big ad from Ecco lofts in the RP or BHW and rang them up. After 2 failed attempts to talk to the boss, I finally got to talk to Matt who owns the company (I think).

Anyway, we talked it over, and I told him what I wanted. A simple - 10 foot by 8 foot, two section loft with corridor, half dowel and half ply inner sliding doors and and double sliding outer doors. Your basic 2 section loft with sloping roof.

Because of the situation where we are at the moment, I only wanted the thing made and dropped off (not erected on site).

I wasn't there when the loft was delivered, but the man was very helpful in getting all the bits off the lorry and propped up at the side of the house. And 'Off he Went' - no instructions - Nothing.

So then I came to put the thing together and that is when the problems started!

One of the floor panels wasn't straight and therefore would not butt up to the next floor panel, leaving a gap of about 2 mm.

Without going into a great long spiel about this loft, this is what I found:-

1. No instructions, not even a diagram - so I had to work out how the thing went together myself.

2. Floor boards didn't fit together properly.

3. Front sliding doors would not slide at all - It was only when I had got them up, that I noticed the steel runners at the bottom of both doors had been bent and buckled.

4. Both inner doors had pieces of split wood used in their construction.

5. Four lengths of dowel were either cracked, split or in TWO cases, only HALF round dowels were used. "Shoddy"

6. There was NOT even enough felt to cover the roof. I had to go out and buy anther roll. That took over an hour to collect, plus the cost.

7. The nail gun was set too powerfully, shooting the nails right through the wood in many places, therefore not holding the two bits together.

8. Nails splitting wood in a lot of places.

9. Nails not even holding two bits of wood together.

10. The ply used for dividing the two sections was only held in place in 3 places.

11. ALL the dowels had their 'bar-code' labels left on them.

12. In many places, the wood had splits or was cracked or had 'shakes' in them.

13. One of the pieces of polycarbonate used as windows, had a great big dent in it.

14. The way the loft had been constructed meant that there were gaps in the corners of the roof.

All in all, I was and still am VERY unhappy about the whole job.

I rang Mat up, and spoke to him about all my grievances. He made every excuse under the sun, why this and why that happened. Blaming some of it on rubbish staff that had now left the company. I asked him for a part refund and he refused point blank. The best I could get was, £100 off the next loft I buy from him.

It sounds as though Edgie has had problems with Ecco Lofts as well. Please give us more information Edgie.

What about you Darren - what do you think of them?

I will be wanting Two or Three more loft when we find a new house - can anyone recommend a GOOD loft maker please.

That is it from me.

I trust your races go well this weekend and let us have some feedback on this subject.

Yours in Sport
Phil

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.philongold.net
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
avatar

Posts : 2398
Join date : 2013-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Memebers with New Lofts   Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:38 am

same as you a loft made of bits and pieces,did not get louvers were asked for did not get slideing doors to cut corridors down did not get,, a real bodge job at the end of the day ,I only baught it when I moved house,because I had no where to put birds, wish now I had made my own, after all I am a joiner
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
avatar

Posts : 1580
Join date : 2016-02-28
Age : 63
Location : Pontivy, Central Brittany, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Memebers with New Lofts   Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:22 am

edgie wrote:
same as you a loft made of bits and pieces,did not get louvers were asked for did not get slideing doors to cut corridors down did not get,, a real bodge job at the end of the day ,I only baught it when I moved house,because I had  no where to put birds, wish now I had made my own, after all I am a joiner



Yes Darren,

I wish I had made my own as well. I have made 8 lofts in total, all of them perfect for my needs. But after my Liver Transplant, I didn't think I had the energy to make another just yet. I really wish I had done.

Maybe, when my wife and I find somewhere that suites our needs, I will design and make something great.

Don't we all 'live and learn'.

Any ideas where to get a good loft made, if I can't bring myself to make one?

Phil
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.philongold.net
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 10473
Join date : 2011-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Memebers with New Lofts   Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:51 am

well phil I had problems too but kept the lads on site until they put it right they were here for 14 hours putting up my 20x6 a straight forward design but they forgot to put sliding doors internally when I phoned he said we never do lol! we had words Laughing then I moved onto the nest boxes they were disgraceful huge splinters about 6 inch long from the power saw blade Shocked matt said they were perfect so I said would he object to me putting them on the pigeon forums for re-sale ...matt started doing cart-wheels and suddenly became very apologetic I even offered to drive to derby to discuss the matter ...never again ,the lofts sound and watertight but you should not have to put up with these problems with a new loft ...I think I would try parkhall if I was buying a new loft again but thankfully I'm done with lofts cheers matt is allways at blackpool show and was at Epsom ...perfectly erected lofts at the show Razz you can allways catch up with these guys their if you have any grievances Basketball
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
avatar

Posts : 1580
Join date : 2016-02-28
Age : 63
Location : Pontivy, Central Brittany, FRANCE

PostSubject: Ecco's so called pigeon lofts   Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:29 am

Well it looks like we have ALL experienced problems with Ecco lofts.

We have Three Members that have bought lofts from Ecco and ALL have had Problems.

A word to the Wise - Anyone that is thinking of buying a new loft - DON'T buy one from Ecco Lofts!

Good luck today everyone that is racing.

Phil
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.philongold.net
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 5894
Join date : 2013-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Memebers with New Lofts   Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:32 am

oldstrain wrote:
well phil I had problems too but kept the lads on site until they put it right they were here for 14 hours putting up my 20x6 a straight forward design but they forgot to put sliding doors internally when I phoned he said we never do lol! we had words Laughing then I moved onto the nest boxes they were disgraceful huge splinters about 6 inch long from the power saw blade Shocked matt said they were perfect so I said would he object to me putting them on the pigeon forums for re-sale ...matt started doing cart-wheels and suddenly became very apologetic I even offered to drive to derby to discuss the matter ...never again ,the lofts sound and watertight but you should not have to put up with these problems with a new loft ...I think I would try parkhall if I was buying a new loft again but thankfully I'm done with lofts cheers matt is allways at blackpool show and was at Epsom ...perfectly erected lofts at the show Razz you can allways catch up with these guys their if you have any grievances Basketball

I could suggest O/S Smile Smile their business model Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes requires remodelling lol! lol! lol! etc as such, from your report card above Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 10473
Join date : 2011-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Memebers with New Lofts   Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:47 am

Knackered wrote:
oldstrain wrote:
well phil I had problems too but kept the lads on site until they put it right they were here for 14 hours putting up my 20x6 a straight forward design but they forgot to put sliding doors internally when I phoned he said we never do lol! we had words Laughing then I moved onto the nest boxes they were disgraceful huge splinters about 6 inch long from the power saw blade Shocked matt said they were perfect so I said would he object to me putting them on the pigeon forums for re-sale ...matt started doing cart-wheels and suddenly became very apologetic I even offered to drive to derby to discuss the matter ...never again ,the lofts sound and watertight but you should not have to put up with these problems with a new loft ...I think I would try parkhall if I was buying a new loft again but thankfully I'm done with lofts cheers matt is allways at blackpool show and was at Epsom ...perfectly erected lofts at the show Razz you can allways catch up with these guys their if you have any grievances Basketball

I could suggest O/S Smile Smile their business model Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes requires remodelling lol! lol! lol! etc as such, from your report card above Wink Wink. cheers

a few shots on their broadside should rectify matters oz pirat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 5894
Join date : 2013-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Memebers with New Lofts   Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:05 am

oldstrain wrote:
Knackered wrote:
oldstrain wrote:
well phil I had problems too but kept the lads on site until they put it right they were here for 14 hours putting up my 20x6 a straight forward design but they forgot to put sliding doors internally when I phoned he said we never do lol! we had words Laughing then I moved onto the nest boxes they were disgraceful huge splinters about 6 inch long from the power saw blade Shocked matt said they were perfect so I said would he object to me putting them on the pigeon forums for re-sale ...matt started doing cart-wheels and suddenly became very apologetic I even offered to drive to derby to discuss the matter ...never again ,the lofts sound and watertight but you should not have to put up with these problems with a new loft ...I think I would try parkhall if I was buying a new loft again but thankfully I'm done with lofts cheers matt is allways at blackpool show and was at Epsom ...perfectly erected lofts at the show Razz you can allways catch up with these guys their if you have any grievances Basketball

I could suggest O/S Smile Smile their business model Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes requires remodelling lol! lol! lol! etc as such, from your report card above Wink Wink. cheers

a few shots on their broadside should rectify matters oz pirat

lol!lol!lol! One can always rely on the pirat gang/crew Smile Smile O/S to sort the trouble makers out with a bit of wisdom etc. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Memebers with New Lofts   

Back to top Go down
 
Memebers with New Lofts
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Loueela lofts website.
» AIRBORN LOFTS welcome...
» D J LOFTS BILLERICAY
» k.j.lofts welcome...
» welcome Cloughside Lofts

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Racing Pigeons,Show & Fancy Pigeons :: Message Forum :: General Discussions-
Jump to: