Forum for Pigeon Fanciers
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  UK Pigeon SalesUK Pigeon Sales  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» The Raptor Alliance
by oldstrain Today at 7:53 am

» ybs fun and games
by oldstrain Today at 7:47 am

» Weather today
by peel bros Today at 7:47 am

» Grandparents
by peel bros Today at 7:46 am

» y/b darkness
by oldstrain Today at 7:45 am

» Training starts tomorrow.
by blueskylofts Today at 6:26 am

» Beat you David !!!.
by blueskylofts Today at 6:23 am

» FUTURE OR NOT
by David Yesterday at 6:24 pm

» South shields central newark
by peel bros Yesterday at 12:05 pm

Forum Syndicate
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
Who is online?
In total there are 21 users online :: 4 Registered, 0 Hidden and 17 Guests :: 2 Bots

David, johnnorm2, oldstrain, peel bros

Most users ever online was 144 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:37 am
Bucktons 2017 Calendar
Pigeon World Forum, Fancier of the Year Trophy.
Top posting users this week
David
 
Knackered
 
peel bros
 
oldstrain
 
redrog
 
friendsloft
 
MISTY
 
barnie
 
blueskylofts
 
halcanada
 
Statistics
We have 1130 registered users
The newest registered user is zimmerman43

Our users have posted a total of 166417 messages in 11011 subjects
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
John Gibbs young pied/grizzle winner.
Top posters
David
 
Don Webb
 
IANYOUNG
 
oldstrain
 
peel bros
 
Knackered
 
Gaz b
 
birdy2011
 
Rene A
 
Alex
 

Share | 
 

 Pigeons Crackling

Go down 
AuthorMessage
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
avatar

Posts : 1686
Join date : 2016-02-28
Age : 63
Location : Glos - South West England

PostSubject: Pigeons Crackling   Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:54 am

I have noticed on occasion that sometimes if a pigeon is stressed, when you pick them up, they sort of 'Crackle'.

This sound seems to come from somewhere in their chest cavity. 

Does anyone know what makes the sound and why do the birds do it?

I look forward to reading your replies.

Phil (blueskylofts)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.philongold.net
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 9677
Join date : 2009-03-27
Age : 53
Location : south shields

PostSubject: Re: Pigeons Crackling   Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:01 am

Apparently it's respiratory problems but I am not 100 % sure about this .someone with a bit more knowledge might be to help..I gave had a few like this over the years and I was told this
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
avatar

Posts : 2398
Join date : 2013-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Pigeons Crackling   Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:51 am

deffinatly resprotary problem gambazine is whats required, and better ventilation or less birds they aint got enough air
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 11116
Join date : 2011-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Pigeons Crackling   Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:25 am

yes I would say resp problem ...I use belga thai and ornisol for it as the two will cover upper and lower resp ...if you put the birds head near your ear whilst handling and listen for a short while to the breathing then gently squeeze the birds body the noise will be a definite crackle and the glottis will be doing overtime working harder than usual...could also see mucous in the throat and reddening of that area as oppose to a nice pink colour
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 14199
Join date : 2009-03-27
Age : 45
Location : Tipton

PostSubject: Re: Pigeons Crackling   Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:03 pm

oldstrain wrote:
yes I would say resp problem ...I use belga thai and ornisol for it as the two will cover upper and lower resp ...if you put the birds head near your ear whilst handling and listen for a short while to the breathing then gently squeeze the birds body the noise will be a definite crackle and the glottis will be doing overtime working harder than usual...could also see mucous in the throat and reddening of that area as oppose to a nice pink colour

I would have to agree Daz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 7123
Join date : 2013-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Pigeons Crackling   Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:44 am

edgie wrote:
deffinatly resprotary problem gambazine is whats required, and better ventilation or less birds they aint got enough air

Mr Google  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes is having trouble lol! lol! lol! with Gambazine, Steve  Smile  Smile . More information required etc bounce bounce to solve the mystery  Wink  Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
avatar

Posts : 1686
Join date : 2016-02-28
Age : 63
Location : Glos - South West England

PostSubject: Re: Pigeons Crackling   Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:02 am

Knackered wrote:
edgie wrote:
deffinatly resprotary problem gambazine is whats required, and better ventilation or less birds they aint got enough air

Mr Google  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes is having trouble lol! lol! lol! with Gambazine, Steve  Smile  Smile . More information required etc bounce bounce to solve the mystery  Wink  Wink. cheers
Follow this link buddy.

http://pigeons.mercasystems.com/index.php/rohnfried-pigeons-products-gambazin25gr.html

Phil
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.philongold.net
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 7123
Join date : 2013-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Pigeons Crackling   Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:14 am

blueskylofts wrote:
Knackered wrote:
edgie wrote:
deffinatly resprotary problem gambazine is whats required, and better ventilation or less birds they aint got enough air

Mr Google  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes is having trouble lol! lol! lol! with Gambazine, Steve  Smile  Smile . More information required etc bounce bounce to solve the mystery  Wink  Wink. cheers
Follow this link buddy.

http://pigeons.mercasystems.com/index.php/rohnfried-pigeons-products-gambazin25gr.html

Phil


Gotcha Smile Smile I always knew Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes you were more than just a pretty face here Phil lol! lol! lol!. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
avatar

Posts : 1686
Join date : 2016-02-28
Age : 63
Location : Glos - South West England

PostSubject: Re: Pigeons Crackling   Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:37 am

Knackered wrote:
blueskylofts wrote:
Knackered wrote:
edgie wrote:
deffinatly resprotary problem gambazine is whats required, and better ventilation or less birds they aint got enough air

Mr Google  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes is having trouble lol! lol! lol! with Gambazine, Steve  Smile  Smile . More information required etc bounce bounce to solve the mystery  Wink  Wink. cheers
Follow this link buddy.

http://pigeons.mercasystems.com/index.php/rohnfried-pigeons-products-gambazin25gr.html

Phil


Gotcha Smile Smile I always knew Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes you were more than just a pretty face here Phil lol! lol! lol!. cheers


My word that took you some time.  Most people know I am more than a pretty face within 3 seconds of meeting me lol
Phil
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.philongold.net
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 7123
Join date : 2013-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Pigeons Crackling   Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:23 am

blueskylofts wrote:
Knackered wrote:
blueskylofts wrote:
Knackered wrote:
edgie wrote:
deffinatly resprotary problem gambazine is whats required, and better ventilation or less birds they aint got enough air

Mr Google  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes is having trouble lol! lol! lol! with Gambazine, Steve  Smile  Smile . More information required etc bounce bounce to solve the mystery  Wink  Wink. cheers
Follow this link buddy.

http://pigeons.mercasystems.com/index.php/rohnfried-pigeons-products-gambazin25gr.html

Phil


Gotcha Smile Smile I always knew Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes you were more than just a pretty face here Phil lol! lol! lol!. cheers


My word that took you some time.  Most people know I am more than a pretty face within 3 seconds of meeting me lol
Phil

lol!lol!lol! Must make allowances at times Phil Smile Smile after all Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I'm an Aussie Smile Smile & some of us tend to be on the slow side etc, unfortunately. cheers
*****
Back to top Go down
View user profile
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
avatar

Posts : 2398
Join date : 2013-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Pigeons Crackling   Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:01 am

decided to let both lofts of young birds out together from now on, 48 in total ,  they may as well get use to one another now, they can make the most of the sunshine and have a bit more freedom , I shall start to train them in 2 weeks about 4 tosses at 15 miles should do the trick, before winter comes and they are two far gone in the big moult , then after that I shall select what is required , for next season ? Basketball cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 31775
Join date : 2009-03-18
Location : Leeds

PostSubject: Re: Pigeons Crackling   Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:09 am

pigeon pie on the menu then edgie...?

I got told it takes at least 4 to make a decent pie... lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
avatar

Posts : 2398
Join date : 2013-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Pigeons Crackling   Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:14 am

no no no david I don't eat them I race them they are two valuable to put in the pot, and each and every one gets its chance to race .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
avatar

Posts : 2398
Join date : 2013-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Pigeons Crackling   Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:16 am

I should finish up with 36 pairs and a few spairs to race this next season cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
avatar

Posts : 2398
Join date : 2013-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Pigeons Crackling   Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:27 am

plus 10 pairs of stock as I do not breed from my race team . cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 31775
Join date : 2009-03-18
Location : Leeds

PostSubject: Re: Pigeons Crackling   Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:33 am

edgie wrote:
no no no david I don't eat them I race them they are two valuable to put in the pot, and each and every one gets its chance to race .


that's what I like to hear edgie, all getting a fair chance....... Very Happy cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 31775
Join date : 2009-03-18
Location : Leeds

PostSubject: Re: Pigeons Crackling   Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:34 am

so you didn't have your ybs on dark this season edgie...?

will you be going onto dark next season or staying natural...?
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
avatar

Posts : 2398
Join date : 2013-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Pigeons Crackling   Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:37 am

David wrote:
so you didn't have your ybs on dark this season edgie...?

will you be going onto dark next season or staying natural...?
first 2 rounds went on dark , this is the 3rd round , as for next year I may not bother as I don't like raceing young brds
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 31775
Join date : 2009-03-18
Location : Leeds

PostSubject: Re: Pigeons Crackling   Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:46 am

ah right, hopefully I will have this loft up ready for the 2017 ybs....and I`ll put them on the dark.

I tried a dark system a couple of years ago which I preferred, although I cant remember what the bloke was called who`s system it was........it was the one where I closed them down around 4.00 pm then uncovered them once it got dark later in the evening, therefor giving them a natural day break the next morning.

I preferred this method rather than the usual close at 6.00 pm then un cover at 9.00 am the next morning.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 31775
Join date : 2009-03-18
Location : Leeds

PostSubject: Re: Pigeons Crackling   Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:51 am

you not sending to mnfc/chale this weekend edgie....?
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
avatar

Posts : 2398
Join date : 2013-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Pigeons Crackling   Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:03 pm

No david not for me don't trust them with my y.birds.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 31775
Join date : 2009-03-18
Location : Leeds

PostSubject: Re: Pigeons Crackling   Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:42 pm

if the weathers like we have been having it will be the usual hold over I suspect.......I think I would be in two minds on sending if I was a member.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Pigeons Crackling   

Back to top Go down
 
Pigeons Crackling
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Racing Pigeons,Show & Fancy Pigeons :: Message Forum :: General Discussions-
Jump to: