Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» King removes Patronage
how much would you pay Emptyby David Today at 8:46 pm

» Weather today
how much would you pay Emptyby David Today at 4:16 pm

» Good Morning
how much would you pay Emptyby David Today at 11:34 am

» escaped birds return
how much would you pay Emptyby David Today at 10:25 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
how much would you pay Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
how much would you pay Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
how much would you pay Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
how much would you pay Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
how much would you pay Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) how much would you pay 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 82 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 82 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.how much would you pay Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
how much would you pay Vote_lcaphow much would you pay Voting_barhow much would you pay Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
how much would you pay Vote_lcaphow much would you pay Voting_barhow much would you pay Vote_rcap 
barnie
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222761 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
how much would you pay Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
how much would you pay Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

how much would you pay

Go down 
+5
VanReet Man123
blueskylofts
oldstrain
David
johnnorm2
9 posters
AuthorMessage
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

how much would you pay Empty
PostSubject: how much would you pay   how much would you pay EmptySat Sep 03, 2016 12:40 am

how much would you be prepared to pay for new stock ?
Back to top Go down
johnnorm2
Hatchling
Hatchling
johnnorm2

PostSubject: Re: how much would you pay   how much would you pay EmptySat Sep 03, 2016 8:46 am

The most i have payed for a stock bird was 100 pound. Nothing compered to some people.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: how much would you pay   how much would you pay EmptySat Sep 03, 2016 8:49 am

same here johnnorm, most ive payed for a bird is £100 each..... drunken drunken
Back to top Go down
johnnorm2
Hatchling
Hatchling
johnnorm2

PostSubject: Re: how much would you pay   how much would you pay EmptySat Sep 03, 2016 8:56 am

I find it hard to part with more than a 100 pound David . Even worse if it does not breed anything good lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: how much would you pay   how much would you pay EmptySat Sep 03, 2016 9:14 am

most I payed was £200 for 2 ybs a matched pair off a national winning flyer ....one had to be culled a week later No they were in the holding section on their own at the time
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: New Stock Birds   how much would you pay EmptySat Sep 03, 2016 9:26 am

We started again this year from scratch.

We have not had racing pigeons for a dozen or so years.

I spent three months doing my homework and trying to find 'quality' stock birds at a reasonable price, and I have to say it is nearly impossible, unless you know somebody who has a good family of birds who would sell you some.

I went to Tumley Lofts in the south west, also to Premier Lofts and also a guy in Scotland called George Slaven from Glenview Lofts who has some amazing Vandenabeeles with really top quality pedigrees and race results.

We bought 2 cocks and 2 hens from George, all yearlings, which have bred us a good lot of youngsters this year.  His price is £120 per bird.  The birds from Premier Lofts would have been considerably more and some go up to nuts prices.  Tumley Lofts have a selection of birds from £80 each.

However - and I think this is the best advice I could give anybody, having learned from my numerous mistakes of this year - instead of buying from big studs and paying crazy prices, try and contact people who are doing the winning and ask them if they would be happy to sell you a small kit of birds.

When we raced before, we built a family of good racing birds that would win and win and win.  To be honest, at the end of the day, the pedigree, ie, the piece of paper that a pigeon comes with, has very little bearing on what it is going to produce or how it is going to race if you are buying youngsters.  However, if you buy a small family of birds from somebody who is winning on a regular basis, you know that, simply because he is winning, the pedigree of those birds is good.  The other thing about pedigrees is that they are just bits of paper and anybody can write anything on a piece of paper and call it a pedigree.  In some instances, we could call them the page of lies.  How many people go back through a bird's whole pedigree to find out whether the particular birds mentioned in that pedigree are the sire, grandsire, great grandsire of the bird you have.

Because we had been out of the sport for so long and spent most of that time in Frogland, I knew NOBODY in the pigeon world, which made things very difficult.

Since we bought our initial few stock birds, I have been able to add to those through the kindness, help and generosity of some of the members of this forum.  We were too late to race any of our 2016 young birds but we are training them as much as we think is right and, up to now, the birds we got through people on this forum are at least matching the birds we bought initially.

There is no way on this planet that a pigeon can be worth thousands of pounds!

Phil
Back to top Go down
http://www.philongold.net
VanReet Man123
Youngbird
Youngbird
VanReet Man123

PostSubject: Re: how much would you pay   how much would you pay EmptySat Sep 03, 2016 9:54 am

Our best stock pair were gift birds they have bred us 5xwinners and a few other positions and they have only been paired up since 2014.I no people who have paid loads for new stock and bred nothing remember you can buy the bird's but you can't buy the man.
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: how much would you pay   how much would you pay EmptySat Sep 03, 2016 2:31 pm

VanReet Man123 wrote:
Our best stock pair were gift birds they have bred us 5xwinners and a few other positions and they have only been paired up since 2014.I no people who have paid loads for new stock and bred nothing remember you can buy the bird's but you can't buy the man.
I agree totally.

But sometimes we are forced into situations we are not too keen on.

Phil
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: how much would you pay   how much would you pay EmptySat Sep 03, 2016 6:35 pm

Most I paid was 600 I think but I would pay a lot more if I could
Back to top Go down
Paul
Hatchling
Hatchling
Paul

PostSubject: Re: how much would you pay   how much would you pay EmptySat Sep 03, 2016 7:10 pm

think it depends on both your ambitions and your budget
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: how much would you pay   how much would you pay EmptySat Sep 03, 2016 7:20 pm

True but how much would you pay and how much have you paid ?
Back to top Go down
Paul
Hatchling
Hatchling
Paul

PostSubject: Re: how much would you pay   how much would you pay EmptySat Sep 03, 2016 7:24 pm

personally im not very ambitious but the most I paid was 200 for a pair from louella, lost them in the fire a week after buying them so never know how they would have got on, I think gift birds are better when you know they have genuinely got the results on any pedigree
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: how much would you pay   how much would you pay EmptySat Sep 03, 2016 7:50 pm

Yes that's a shame to never got to try them paul and yes gift birds are normally the best ..also change that attitude boy about ambition lol..
Back to top Go down
Paul
Hatchling
Hatchling
Paul

PostSubject: Re: how much would you pay   how much would you pay EmptySat Sep 03, 2016 7:51 pm

yes sir lol lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

PostSubject: Re: how much would you pay   how much would you pay EmptySat Sep 03, 2016 8:17 pm

in the past I have paid as much as £3,000 for a bird, but to be honest £50 is as much as I would pay now ,forget the paper pedigree , just let me run my hands and eyes over it, im not as daft as I used to be , I have just had some birds offerd to me for 250 euro and 500 euro each from a well known Belgium loft I would love some but I am not paying that at my time of life, will make do with what I got lol! cheers p.s. they win anyway
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: how much would you pay   how much would you pay EmptySat Sep 03, 2016 8:35 pm

Mine win but we try to improve every year with new birds.you as you know cannot stand still in this game because you will get left behind
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

PostSubject: Re: how much would you pay   how much would you pay EmptySat Sep 03, 2016 8:41 pm

I keep a few different families ray so can do a good few different combinations so don't realy need to buy in for a long time if at all cheers
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: how much would you pay   how much would you pay EmptySat Sep 03, 2016 8:49 pm

Yes totally agree with what your saying our old family are still winning for us and have done for 20 years or so but we have had others that are better but we will continue to try others..also it gives us a buzz trying new birds..take these 32 ybs we brought in this year..fantastic at first but now our own are Taking over now they have a bit distance to do..
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

PostSubject: Re: how much would you pay   how much would you pay EmptySat Sep 03, 2016 8:55 pm

I think when you get birds to suit you , stick with them you will be along time trying to find something else , and the ones you have will have acclimatised to you and the terrain you fly them in cheers
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: how much would you pay   how much would you pay EmptySat Sep 03, 2016 9:48 pm

Not a lot now
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: how much would you pay   how much would you pay EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 5:54 am

Paul wrote:
think it depends on both your ambitions and your budget
That is it exactly, Paul.

It really depends on whether you want to win out of turn and you can dedicate a lot of money to your sport.

I still believe that the best way to find winning birds is to BUILD a family, but this takes years and years.
But, once you have a winning family, you must bring in NEW blood from time to time.

Phil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how much would you pay   how much would you pay Empty

Back to top Go down

how much would you pay
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Racing Pigeons,Show & Fancy Pigeons :: Message Forum :: Fancy and Show Pigeons-
Jump to: