Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
do you buy your corn Emptyby barnie Yesterday at 7:58 pm

» new hen for speed
do you buy your corn Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 6:51 pm

» Good Morning
do you buy your corn Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 10:21 am

» sorting birds out
do you buy your corn Emptyby David Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:33 am

» new rules from Defra
do you buy your corn Emptyby David Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:30 pm

» RPRA Auction ........
do you buy your corn Emptyby David Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:40 pm

» overnight and multiple nights basket
do you buy your corn Emptyby Knackered Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:21 pm

» Loft Location
do you buy your corn Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:43 pm

» RPRA , WHAT DO THEY DO ?
do you buy your corn Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:43 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) do you buy your corn 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 84 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 83 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.do you buy your corn Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
do you buy your corn Vote_lcapdo you buy your corn Voting_bardo you buy your corn Vote_rcap 
David
do you buy your corn Vote_lcapdo you buy your corn Voting_bardo you buy your corn Vote_rcap 
oldstrain
barnie
Knackered
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1293 registered users
The newest registered user is Meddy78

Our users have posted a total of 221961 messages in 13973 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
do you buy your corn Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
do you buy your corn Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

do you buy your corn

Go down 
+3
David
seanl
edgie
7 posters
AuthorMessage
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

do you buy your corn Empty
PostSubject: do you buy your corn   do you buy your corn EmptySun Oct 02, 2016 8:38 am

do you buy your corn in bulk , I get 1 and a half ton at a time it works out £6 per bag 20 kilo ,and its very good corn , used it for years
Back to top Go down
seanl
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: do you buy your corn   do you buy your corn EmptySun Oct 02, 2016 1:29 pm

yes buy in bulk a palt 55bags between 4 of us cuts costs right down I used swainstones last time great price and quality was 1st class before that was using country wide that's top quality and also very good prices free carr from both company's always on the look out for quality corn and products with good prices
sean
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: do you buy your corn   do you buy your corn EmptySun Oct 02, 2016 1:33 pm

I just go to a corn shop in lofthouse, as theres not one in leeds.....I buy a few bags to last me approx. 4 - 6 weeks, plus my grit, minerals etc.

if it could buy in bulk with a local fancier I would, but they are all too tight to spend more than a tenner at a time......ive heard a place called ss seeds have pretty decent corn, at a fair price.
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: do you buy your corn   do you buy your corn EmptySun Oct 02, 2016 2:46 pm

Because it looks like we are going to be in frogland over the winter and early 2017 - we are buying enough corn of different sorts to last us until around March.

My wife is going back to the UK in a couple of weeks time and she will bring it all back in our trailer. Along with 16 widowhood nest boxes, bowls, V perches etc etc and 16 full sheets of 15 mm marine ply for our new racing loft.

Phil
Back to top Go down
http://www.philongold.net
seanl
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: do you buy your corn   do you buy your corn EmptySun Oct 02, 2016 4:07 pm

David wrote:
I just go to a corn shop in lofthouse, as theres not one in leeds.....I buy a few bags to last me approx. 4 - 6 weeks, plus my grit, minerals etc.

if it could buy in bulk with a local fancier I would, but they are all too tight to spend more than a tenner at a time......ive heard a place called ss seeds have pretty decent corn, at a fair price.
I have just got a palt from them David its clean no dust and good quality and a good price sean
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: do you buy your corn   do you buy your corn EmptySun Oct 02, 2016 5:20 pm

seanl wrote:
David wrote:

I have just got a palt from  them David its clean no dust and good quality  and a good price   sean
What is a 'palt'?

Phil
Back to top Go down
http://www.philongold.net
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: do you buy your corn   do you buy your corn EmptySun Oct 02, 2016 5:20 pm

yes ive heard it is sean, trouble is finding someone to go halfs with me locally...
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: do you buy your corn   do you buy your corn EmptySun Oct 02, 2016 5:21 pm

he means a pallet phil, you know made from wood...
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: do you buy your corn   do you buy your corn EmptySun Oct 02, 2016 6:27 pm

We buy it when required but we do have a bloke come to our door which is a great help
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: do you buy your corn   do you buy your corn EmptySun Oct 02, 2016 6:40 pm

I suppose storage could e a problem with some fanciers, if they havnt any where to put 20 bags they cant buy in bulk. scratch
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: do you buy your corn   do you buy your corn EmptySun Oct 02, 2016 6:51 pm

Always store it at the bottom of the bed that's as good a place as any
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: do you buy your corn   do you buy your corn EmptySun Oct 02, 2016 6:53 pm

markevans wrote:
Always store it at the bottom of the bed that's as good a place as any

I`ll bet the mrs is happy about that mark....... lol!
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: do you buy your corn   do you buy your corn EmptySun Oct 02, 2016 6:58 pm

You have have something to do these long winter nights counting the different grain's
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: do you buy your corn   do you buy your corn EmptySun Oct 02, 2016 6:59 pm

I have plenty of room but mice would get at it at my garden
Back to top Go down
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: do you buy your corn   do you buy your corn EmptySun Oct 02, 2016 7:41 pm

If I bring more than 4 bags in the Mrs says you can get all that out of the fecking house now lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

PostSubject: Re: do you buy your corn   do you buy your corn EmptySun Oct 02, 2016 7:54 pm

get some wheeley bins
Back to top Go down
seanl
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: do you buy your corn   do you buy your corn EmptySun Oct 02, 2016 8:15 pm

David wrote:
yes ive heard it is sean, trouble is finding someone to go halfs with me locally...

yer it can be a problem and it not half winds the mrs up when I store excess in lobby I usually fill all corn barrels sean
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

PostSubject: Re: do you buy your corn   do you buy your corn EmptySun Oct 02, 2016 9:27 pm

I use old type tin dustbins , wheely bins , the rest stays in the garage nice and cool on a pallet till required
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: do you buy your corn   do you buy your corn EmptySun Oct 02, 2016 9:30 pm

got to think if mice can get into it, I once bought about 20 bags and stored it in the garage.......mice didn't get to it but I was always concerned in case they did, after all they can squeeze through a very small hole.
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

PostSubject: Re: do you buy your corn   do you buy your corn EmptySun Oct 02, 2016 9:34 pm

feed them first with poisen
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

PostSubject: Re: do you buy your corn   do you buy your corn EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 7:13 am

I think they are best left in now , let them rest and moult , its a very stressfull time for them ?.
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

PostSubject: Re: do you buy your corn   do you buy your corn EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 7:20 am

baught 8 bags of wheat yesterday £20 cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: do you buy your corn   do you buy your corn Empty

Back to top Go down

do you buy your corn
Page 1 of 1