Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
does your loft have Emptyby barnie Yesterday at 7:58 pm

» new hen for speed
does your loft have Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 6:51 pm

» Good Morning
does your loft have Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 10:21 am

» sorting birds out
does your loft have Emptyby David Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:33 am

» new rules from Defra
does your loft have Emptyby David Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:30 pm

» RPRA Auction ........
does your loft have Emptyby David Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:40 pm

» overnight and multiple nights basket
does your loft have Emptyby Knackered Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:21 pm

» Loft Location
does your loft have Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:43 pm

» RPRA , WHAT DO THEY DO ?
does your loft have Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:43 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) does your loft have 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 70 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 69 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.does your loft have Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
does your loft have Vote_lcapdoes your loft have Voting_bardoes your loft have Vote_rcap 
David
does your loft have Vote_lcapdoes your loft have Voting_bardoes your loft have Vote_rcap 
oldstrain
barnie
Knackered
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1293 registered users
The newest registered user is Meddy78

Our users have posted a total of 221961 messages in 13973 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
does your loft have Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
does your loft have Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

does your loft have

Go down 
+3
redrog
oldstrain
edgie
7 posters
AuthorMessage
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

does your loft have Empty
PostSubject: does your loft have   does your loft have EmptyWed Oct 12, 2016 7:56 am

does your loft have a good air flow , if not then you could have problems ? cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: does your loft have   does your loft have EmptyWed Oct 12, 2016 8:44 am

agree one of the most important aspects of a loft and its design and where its sited
Back to top Go down
redrog
Youngbird
Youngbird
redrog

PostSubject: Re: does your loft have   does your loft have EmptyWed Oct 12, 2016 10:45 am

aviary along whole front, birds are free to go in except racing months but still keep Perspex panels off for air to circulate
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: does your loft have   does your loft have EmptyWed Oct 12, 2016 5:55 pm

I have heard and read a LOT about ventilation and the way a loft's air circulates.

And I am still confused - Some say 'The air should come in the loft high up, then it will fall, due to it being cooler than the temperature in the loft' - then the air somehow is supposed to circulate around the loft and go out somewhere in the roof or the eaves.

Other people say 'Put louvres near the floor but about 6 inches above the floor level on one side of the loft, and more louvres on the opposite side of the loft up high'.

I also know one top flyer who only has a one and a half inch slot above his sputniks where the fresh air can come in, and some kind of baffle that forces the air downwards.  The air exits the loft through a five inch square hole in every section through a false ceiling.

Can anyone enlighten me as to what they think is a good system?

Phil
Back to top Go down
http://www.philongold.net
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: does your loft have   does your loft have EmptyWed Oct 12, 2016 5:58 pm

depends what style roof you have
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: does your loft have   does your loft have EmptyWed Oct 12, 2016 6:47 pm

blueskylofts wrote:
I have heard and read a LOT about ventilation and the way a loft's air circulates.

And I am still confused - Some say 'The air should come in the loft high up, then it will fall, due to it being cooler than the temperature in the loft' - then the air somehow is supposed to circulate around the loft and go out somewhere in the roof or the eaves.

Other people say 'Put louvres near the floor but about 6 inches above the floor level on one side of the loft, and more louvres on the opposite side of the loft up high'.

I also know one top flyer who only has a one and a half inch slot above his sputniks where the fresh air can come in, and some kind of baffle that forces the air downwards.  The air exits the loft through a five inch square hole in every section through a false ceiling.

Phil

would that be Geoff and Catherine cooper phil...?
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: does your loft have   does your loft have EmptyWed Oct 12, 2016 8:33 pm

Yes our has good air flow but we also keep the doors open all day and some permanently
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: does your loft have   does your loft have EmptyThu Oct 13, 2016 6:34 am

David wrote:
blueskylofts wrote:

Phil

would that be Geoff and Catherine cooper phil...?

Yes David
Phil
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: does your loft have   does your loft have EmptyThu Oct 13, 2016 6:36 am

Can we have more information on HOW members lofts work regarding air circulation please.  Not just that it works!

Phil
Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

PostSubject: Re: does your loft have   does your loft have EmptyThu Oct 13, 2016 6:43 am

I have louvres bringing air into bottom of the sections. Then the heat from the birds bodies makes it rise and I have gaps at front and back taking the stale air out.
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: does your loft have   does your loft have EmptyThu Oct 13, 2016 6:47 am

Boosey wrote:
I have louvres bringing air into bottom of the sections. Then the heat from the birds bodies makes it rise and I have gaps at front and back taking the stale air out.
Thanks for that Boosey - this is the kind of stuff I want to hear.

Phil
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: does your loft have   does your loft have EmptyThu Oct 13, 2016 7:09 am

Ours are the same louvres at the bottom and 6 inch at the top all the way round
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: does your loft have   does your loft have EmptyThu Oct 13, 2016 7:31 am

peel bros wrote:
Ours are the same louvres at the bottom and 6 inch at the top all the way round
2 question Ray - 

1.  Do you mean 6 inches GAP - all the way round the top of the loft?

2.  Does it not get VERY cold and draughty in the loft with that much gap?

Phil
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: does your loft have   does your loft have EmptyThu Oct 13, 2016 7:52 am

Yes at the top..plus it's nature if it's cold..that's another thing why do I want heaters like some in my loft ect...remember cold kills everything so they say
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

PostSubject: Re: does your loft have   does your loft have EmptyThu Oct 13, 2016 7:56 am

take note of where the townies and feral roost and adapt it to your loft they know the answer ,as long as it is dry and draft free they are happy and healthy .
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: does your loft have   does your loft have EmptyThu Oct 13, 2016 8:21 am

Exactly. ..no draughts in mine just ventilation and plenty of it..Pigeons are too soft nowadays
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: does your loft have   does your loft have EmptyThu Oct 13, 2016 8:28 am

most pent roof lofts have the same design ..bottom vents and 2 inch gap at the top front and back which is what I have... a lot of the tiled roofs which I was not permitted to erect by my council have sliding ceilings where stale air escapes ...the coopers have some set up their lofts look like holiday chalets lol! its about getting the balance right not too fast air flow but a good rate of air flow not draughty too ,I know guys who only have a slit at the very top front and back and have no problems with respiratory but they only house 6 cocks in a 6foot section, again don't overcrowd air quality is important its the warmer months it will be more of a problem ...phil take a look at ron Williamsons ventilation system its a 2 tier corrugated sheet design works very well Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: does your loft have   does your loft have Empty

Back to top Go down

does your loft have
Page 1 of 1