Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Pigeons Pukeing  Emptyby barnie Yesterday at 7:58 pm

» new hen for speed
Pigeons Pukeing  Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 6:51 pm

» Good Morning
Pigeons Pukeing  Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 10:21 am

» sorting birds out
Pigeons Pukeing  Emptyby David Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:33 am

» new rules from Defra
Pigeons Pukeing  Emptyby David Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:30 pm

» RPRA Auction ........
Pigeons Pukeing  Emptyby David Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:40 pm

» overnight and multiple nights basket
Pigeons Pukeing  Emptyby Knackered Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:21 pm

» Loft Location
Pigeons Pukeing  Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:43 pm

» RPRA , WHAT DO THEY DO ?
Pigeons Pukeing  Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:43 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Pigeons Pukeing  20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 113 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 113 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Pigeons Pukeing  Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Pigeons Pukeing  Vote_lcapPigeons Pukeing  Voting_barPigeons Pukeing  Vote_rcap 
David
oldstrain
barnie
Knackered
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1293 registered users
The newest registered user is Meddy78

Our users have posted a total of 221961 messages in 13973 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Pigeons Pukeing  Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Pigeons Pukeing  Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Pigeons Pukeing

Go down 
+2
oldstrain
blueskylofts
6 posters
AuthorMessage
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

Pigeons Pukeing  Empty
PostSubject: Pigeons Pukeing    Pigeons Pukeing  EmptyFri Oct 14, 2016 8:51 am

I opened our young bird loft this morning and found two loft of vomit!

Obviously fresh, as it was still very wet and the other birds were picking up the grains.

The puke had whole seeds in it.

Any ideas as to what it could be and how to treat it quickly please?

Phil
Back to top Go down
http://www.philongold.net
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Pigeons Pukeing  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pigeons Pukeing    Pigeons Pukeing  EmptyFri Oct 14, 2016 9:19 am

pm sent
Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

Pigeons Pukeing  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pigeons Pukeing    Pigeons Pukeing  EmptyFri Oct 14, 2016 7:13 pm

Sounds like a form of salmonella.
Funny thing is I have a team of 6 late Breds and one of mine looked ropey last night hunched up, I opened its rack and it smelled rotten, I put it in the hospital hutch.
This morning it had sicked up all the contents of its crop.
I will starve it now and give it Ropa B.
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

Pigeons Pukeing  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pigeons Pukeing    Pigeons Pukeing  EmptyFri Oct 14, 2016 7:20 pm

If its just the one bird that was sick Phil it might just be a one off and everything should be OK finger crossed
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

Pigeons Pukeing  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pigeons Pukeing    Pigeons Pukeing  EmptyFri Oct 14, 2016 7:42 pm

give it some charcoal down its kneck, and feed a lighter feed
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

Pigeons Pukeing  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pigeons Pukeing    Pigeons Pukeing  EmptyFri Oct 14, 2016 7:49 pm

Boosey wrote:
Sounds like a form of salmonella.
Funny thing is I have a team of 6 late Breds and one of mine looked ropey last night hunched up, I opened its rack and it smelled rotten, I put it in the hospital hutch.
This morning it had sicked up all the contents of its crop.
I will starve it now and give it Ropa B.
salmonella hits a bird in 3 forms 1 swollen joints 2 nervous system and 3 it kills I,e, organs pack in , as for it being in the egg it will go snotty and will not hatch .
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

Pigeons Pukeing  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pigeons Pukeing    Pigeons Pukeing  EmptyFri Oct 14, 2016 8:14 pm

Thanks to EVERYONE that has offered advice.

Its only one bird or max 2 birds, as there were 2 lots of sick in the loft.  But I don't know which bird/birds it was.

I got some great advice from Darren today.  I have some Ropa B and could try that tomorrow.

ALL birds looked fine today - no more sick.  I trust there will not be any more tomorrow morning.

I have put them all on a cleansing diet this afternoon and tomorrow morning - Barley and not much else.

I have had two strays on the loft the last couple of days, they come from a barn in the area, and I am wondering if they left something and the 1 or 2 birds pecked it/or picked it up.

I did manage to shot both strays, so they won't be a problem anymore.

I will let you all know if there is any more to report.

Have a great weekend everyone!  I will be all on my own as my wife left for England this morning - 11 days all on my own-some - boo-hoo.

Phil
Back to top Go down
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

Pigeons Pukeing  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pigeons Pukeing    Pigeons Pukeing  EmptySat Oct 15, 2016 11:45 am

Any news on the birds Phil, no more sick I hope
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

Pigeons Pukeing  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pigeons Pukeing    Pigeons Pukeing  EmptySat Oct 15, 2016 12:42 pm

YES - I went into the loft this morning just before it got light - there was ONE bird standing in it's own sick.

I manged to clean it up before any other bird eat it.  And removed the poorly bird to the 'sick-bay'.

I gave it a little small seed and barley, but it doesn't want to eat.

I have some ROPA B but it is the kind you are supposed to put on the corn, but I am not giving them too much to eating.

Can I give the powder type of ROPA B to the birds in the Water?

Phil
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Pigeons Pukeing  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pigeons Pukeing    Pigeons Pukeing  EmptySat Oct 15, 2016 12:52 pm

does the sick ybs crop feel spongey phil if so squeeze water out of its crop starve for 36 hours and build up slowly with lite feed ...heres a wee trick with ropa powder phil ,roll up a small ball size of a pea and pop down the birds throat take all feed away just give acidified water make sure theirs plenty black mineral containing charcoal in the loft some give charcoal tablets from chemist but ropa will do same job its a natural pre-biotic
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pigeons Pukeing  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pigeons Pukeing    Pigeons Pukeing  Empty

Back to top Go down

Pigeons Pukeing
Page 1 of 1