Forum for Pigeon Fanciers
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  UK Pigeon SalesUK Pigeon Sales  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Re: this says it
by fieldwalker Today at 10:50 am

» Weather today
by markevans Today at 9:35 am

» Strange sickness.
by fieldwalker Today at 8:13 am

» If had too buy
by Knackered Today at 3:49 am

» Mexican wall?
by halcanada Today at 2:43 am

» Flying hens.
by halcanada Today at 2:39 am

» Finally rain!
by halcanada Today at 2:37 am

» Welcome Flavio
by markevans Yesterday at 10:03 pm

» First YB of 2018
by David Yesterday at 8:33 am

Forum Syndicate
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
Who is online?
In total there are 22 users online :: 3 Registered, 0 Hidden and 19 Guests :: 2 Bots

David, fieldwalker, MISTY

Most users ever online was 144 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:37 am
Bucktons 2017 Calendar
Pigeon World Forum, Fancier of the Year Trophy.
Top posting users this week
fieldwalker
 
David
 
halcanada
 
Knackered
 
oldstrain
 
markevans
 
redrog
 
Don Webb
 
phil411
 
barnie
 
Statistics
We have 1121 registered users
The newest registered user is flavio

Our users have posted a total of 162977 messages in 10778 subjects
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
John Gibbs young pied/grizzle winner.
Top posters
David
 
Don Webb
 
IANYOUNG
 
oldstrain
 
peel bros
 
Knackered
 
Gaz b
 
birdy2011
 
Rene A
 
Alex
 

Share | 
 

 Favourite Strain of Birds.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
avatar

Posts : 2474
Join date : 2014-03-11
Age : 78
Location : Southern Ontario. Canada.

PostSubject: Favourite Strain of Birds.   Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:20 pm

What is everyone's favorite 'strain' of birds? Seems like Dordins are not raced anymore.have
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 31169
Join date : 2009-03-18
Location : Leeds

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Strain of Birds.   Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:03 pm

I prefer shorter races hal, I had the janssens but bought the staf van reets, so will be trying those in 2017.

I remember the dordins years ago, nice looking blues they were, don't seem to hear much of them now....
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
avatar

Posts : 2398
Join date : 2013-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Strain of Birds.   Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:08 pm

Van hee for me good all rounders but excel at the distance cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 10814
Join date : 2011-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Strain of Birds.   Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:31 pm

I like the old grooters mainly because my grandfather raced these and they hold fond memories Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
avatar

Posts : 2065
Join date : 2015-01-25
Age : 52
Location : Wolverhampton

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Strain of Birds.   Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:55 pm

Had both dordin and grooters good birds but I like the Jansen base pigeons
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
avatar

Posts : 1608
Join date : 2016-02-28
Age : 63
Location : Glos - South West England

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Strain of Birds.   Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:24 am

I guess it depends on whether you are talking about birds of today - or birds from years ago.

If you are talking about modern birds - I think the Geerinckx are hard to beat - BUT it will take then two years to come into their own. 

If you are talking about types that had stood the test of time - I think you have to go a long way to beat the Deweerdt strain.

But then again, they need time to mature.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.philongold.net
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 9599
Join date : 2009-03-27
Age : 53
Location : south shields

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Strain of Birds.   Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:24 am

Our best has been the dhanhens so have to be my favourite I suppose
Back to top Go down
View user profile
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
avatar

Posts : 2398
Join date : 2013-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Strain of Birds.   Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:01 am

at the end of the day what ever the strain of bird you like or use , it is only as good as the fancier that races them ? scratch cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 31169
Join date : 2009-03-18
Location : Leeds

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Strain of Birds.   Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:00 am

that's true enough edgie, but having said that, most pigeons are no good anyway....regardless of who the fancier is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
avatar

Posts : 2398
Join date : 2013-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Strain of Birds.   Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:02 am

David wrote:
that's true enough edgie, but having said that, most pigeons are no good anyway....regardless of who the fancier is.
disagree david more bad fanciers than pigeons , its just that the birds get the blame for fools ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 31169
Join date : 2009-03-18
Location : Leeds

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Strain of Birds.   Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:07 am

yes I agree about that to a certain point, they do get the blame for a fancier being crap.....but just on the % of birds bred, and winners bred it tells us most pigeons are no good.

if pigeons are all treated and managed exactly the same , by the same fancier, they don't all win....some never achieve anything all there life, and the % of no hopers is always greater than the % of winners.

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
avatar

Posts : 2398
Join date : 2013-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Strain of Birds.   Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:10 am

David wrote:
yes I agree about that to a certain point, they do get the blame for a fancier being crap.....but just on the % of birds bred, and winners bred it tells us most pigeons are no good.

if pigeons are all treated and managed exactly the same , by the same fancier, they don't all win....some never achieve anything all there life, and the % of no hopers is always greater than the % of winners.

good point david now I know where kim went wrong lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 9599
Join date : 2009-03-27
Age : 53
Location : south shields

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Strain of Birds.   Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:32 pm

I bet a lot of good birds are disposed of in the wrong hands
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 31169
Join date : 2009-03-18
Location : Leeds

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Strain of Birds.   Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:18 pm

peel bros wrote:
I bet a lot of good birds are disposed of in the wrong hands


yes there is that to consider too ray.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 31169
Join date : 2009-03-18
Location : Leeds

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Strain of Birds.   Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:19 pm

edgie wrote:
David wrote:
yes I agree about that to a certain point, they do get the blame for a fancier being crap.....but just on the % of birds bred, and winners bred it tells us most pigeons are no good.

if pigeons are all treated and managed exactly the same , by the same fancier, they don't all win....some never achieve anything all there life, and the % of no hopers is always greater than the % of winners.

good point david now I know where kim went wrong lol!


the tip is edgie, have your loft 3ft deep in sh*te and never clean out........do this and the prizes will come....... Razz Razz lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 14150
Join date : 2009-03-27
Age : 44
Location : Tipton

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Strain of Birds.   Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:04 pm

Has to be Janssens for me
Back to top Go down
View user profile
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
avatar

Posts : 2398
Join date : 2013-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Strain of Birds.   Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:09 pm

David wrote:
edgie wrote:
David wrote:
yes I agree about that to a certain point, they do get the blame for a fancier being crap.....but just on the % of birds bred, and winners bred it tells us most pigeons are no good.

if pigeons are all treated and managed exactly the same , by the same fancier, they don't all win....some never achieve anything all there life, and the % of no hopers is always greater than the % of winners.

good point david now I know where kim went wrong lol!


the tip is edgie, have your loft 3ft deep in sh*te and never clean out........do this and the prizes will come....... Razz Razz lol! lol!
ha right david that's why I have not done so well this year I cleand the buggers out lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 14150
Join date : 2009-03-27
Age : 44
Location : Tipton

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Strain of Birds.   Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:28 pm

edgie wrote:
David wrote:
edgie wrote:
David wrote:
yes I agree about that to a certain point, they do get the blame for a fancier being crap.....but just on the % of birds bred, and winners bred it tells us most pigeons are no good.

if pigeons are all treated and managed exactly the same , by the same fancier, they don't all win....some never achieve anything all there life, and the % of no hopers is always greater than the % of winners.

good point david now I know where kim went wrong lol!


the tip is edgie, have your loft 3ft deep in sh*te and never clean out........do this and the prizes will come....... Razz Razz lol! lol!
ha right david that's why I have not done so well this year I cleand the buggers out lol!

No Edgie the reason is you fly against the grain scratch and your pigeons have a 40 mile extra mileage every race day plus all the shit still caked on there feet lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 31169
Join date : 2009-03-18
Location : Leeds

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Strain of Birds.   Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:41 am

the sh*te is baked on like cement boots don.........its weighing them down lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
avatar

Posts : 2398
Join date : 2013-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Strain of Birds.   Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:42 am

Maybe but they are strong willed birds
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 14150
Join date : 2009-03-27
Age : 44
Location : Tipton

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Strain of Birds.   Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:22 am

David wrote:
the sh*te is baked on like cement boots don.........its weighing them down lol!

I know David been trying to tell Edgie but I'm only the apprentice lol! lol! lol! lol!

Wink Wink I KNOW NOTHING;) Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Favourite Strain of Birds.   

Back to top Go down
 
Favourite Strain of Birds.
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Racing Pigeons,Show & Fancy Pigeons :: Message Forum :: General Discussions-
Jump to: