Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
cost of young birds Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 6:53 pm

» new hen for speed
cost of young birds Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 6:51 pm

» Good Morning
cost of young birds Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 10:21 am

» sorting birds out
cost of young birds Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:33 am

» new rules from Defra
cost of young birds Emptyby David Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:30 pm

» RPRA Auction ........
cost of young birds Emptyby David Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:40 pm

» overnight and multiple nights basket
cost of young birds Emptyby Knackered Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:21 pm

» Loft Location
cost of young birds Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:43 pm

» RPRA , WHAT DO THEY DO ?
cost of young birds Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:43 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) cost of young birds 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 79 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 77 Guests :: 2 Bots

barnie, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.cost of young birds Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
cost of young birds Vote_lcapcost of young birds Voting_barcost of young birds Vote_rcap 
David
cost of young birds Vote_lcapcost of young birds Voting_barcost of young birds Vote_rcap 
oldstrain
Knackered
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1293 registered users
The newest registered user is Meddy78

Our users have posted a total of 221960 messages in 13973 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
cost of young birds Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
cost of young birds Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

cost of young birds

Go down 
+7
seanl
northroadracer
oldstrain
peel bros
David
halcanada
edgie
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

cost of young birds Empty
PostSubject: cost of young birds   cost of young birds EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 9:38 am

what do you think the cost of young birds straight from the nest shold be , I think £30 is plenty , as lets face it its a lottery cheers
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: cost of young birds   cost of young birds EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 11:31 am

Some birds here got for nothing. Bred me some unique birds. Porky crossed with Miss Piggy bred me Stamina and Puddle Jumper. Stamina loft flies for almost 30 mins!!! Puddle Jumper flies over puddles, the others walk around!! Oh yes, also bred me Sideways Sally. Hand raised as a young bird. She could not pick up grain, she is so cross eyed! Always flying in to things..unique birds!!!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: cost of young birds   cost of young birds EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 11:59 am

i think 30 quid is too much for a yb to race, if you bought a few especially.......I think £20 is a price you can race them at.
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

PostSubject: Re: cost of young birds   cost of young birds EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 12:40 pm

The corn to rear them will cost almost that David never mind the bloodline think you are still in the 70s0 lol!
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

PostSubject: Re: cost of young birds   cost of young birds EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 12:44 pm

halcanada wrote:
Some birds here got for nothing. Bred me some unique birds. Porky crossed with Miss Piggy bred me Stamina and Puddle Jumper. Stamina loft flies for almost 30 mins!!! Puddle Jumper flies over puddles, the others walk around!! Oh yes, also bred me Sideways Sally. Hand raised as a young bird. She could not pick up grain, she is so cross eyed! Always flying in to things..unique birds!!!
sounds like they all need sick notes hal lol!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: cost of young birds   cost of young birds EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 12:57 pm

edgie wrote:
The corn to rear them will cost almost that David never mind the bloodline think you are still in the 70s0 lol!

yes that's true edgie, its not cheap to rear a healthy good yb properly......but that's from a breeders point of view, I`m thinking of a buy to race point of view, and its got to be a price which is right if your going to race them.

unless people are loaded like you edgie..... Razz Razz lol!
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

PostSubject: Re: cost of young birds   cost of young birds EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 1:56 pm

Then you don't get them . How do you expect me to keep up my standard of liveing drunken lol!
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: cost of young birds   cost of young birds EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 7:41 pm

Yes 40 is a bit steep ...They should do what I done..give them away free them if they win pay me then lol
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: cost of young birds   cost of young birds EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 7:59 pm

how long is a piece of string ....my piece is 20-30 quid to race
Back to top Go down
northroadracer
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: cost of young birds   cost of young birds EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 8:09 pm

£30 for racing no more and don't buy from one of those that have 200 to sell
Back to top Go down
seanl
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: cost of young birds   cost of young birds EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 10:07 pm

northroadracer wrote:
most will sell kits of y/bs to race from between 150 -200 that's plenty to pay for racing mind I have paid a lot more and raced and lost them most lads wont sell for less if u take into account the price of their birds and cost to rear them
sean
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: cost of young birds   cost of young birds EmptySun Nov 06, 2016 12:11 am

seanl wrote:
northroadracer wrote:
most will sell kits of y/bs to race from between 150 -200  that's plenty to pay for racing mind I have paid a lot more and raced and lost them    most lads wont sell for less if u take into account the price of their birds and cost to rear them
sean

Spot on Seanl
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: cost of young birds   cost of young birds EmptySun Nov 06, 2016 12:14 am

edgie wrote:
what do you think the cost of young birds straight from the nest shold be , I think £30 is plenty , as lets face it its a lottery cheers

Yes Edgie £30 is plenty and at a good price to race also
Back to top Go down
northroadracer
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: cost of young birds   cost of young birds EmptySun Nov 06, 2016 9:42 am

[quote="seanl"]
northroadracer wrote:
most will sell kits of y/bs to race from between 150 -200  that's plenty to pay for racing mind I have paid a lot more and raced and lost them    most lads wont sell for less if u take into account the price of their birds and cost to rear them
sean[/

Would need to know their results,if they are selling 100s of youngsters then they must have a large team,if they dont win their share in their own club/fed then would assume all is not what it seems, alarm bells would ring if the usual excuses came out, we have all heard the excuses. Been too busy. Done all i asked of them. My birds win everywhere else they go i have the best bloodlines etc etc

Reults are what matters!!quote]
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: cost of young birds   cost of young birds EmptySun Nov 06, 2016 9:57 am

I read these sort of reasons in the bhw every week to sell pigeons, thing is mugs fall for the shit as long as they have a pedigree with them....... Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

PostSubject: Re: cost of young birds   cost of young birds EmptySun Nov 06, 2016 5:03 pm

I bought a yb from Tumley with Christmas money, I think it was £40,
Back to top Go down
seanl
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: cost of young birds   cost of young birds EmptySun Nov 06, 2016 6:13 pm

[quote="northroadracer"][quote="seanl"]
northroadracer wrote:
sean[/

Would need to know their results,if they are selling  100s of youngsters then they must have a large team,if they dont win their share in their own club/fed then would assume all is not what it seems, alarm bells would ring if the usual excuses came out, we have all heard the excuses.  Been too busy.  Done all i asked of them. My birds win everywhere else they go  i have the best bloodlines etc etc
so I take it none of your birds ever come from studs  plenty good birds come from studs  that don't race   sean
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: cost of young birds   cost of young birds EmptySun Nov 06, 2016 6:18 pm

£25 is plenty for a young bird to race or put to stock with pedigrees but we have to pay much more if you won't the blood lines
Back to top Go down
northroadracer
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: cost of young birds   cost of young birds EmptySun Nov 06, 2016 6:23 pm

seanl wrote:
northroadracer wrote:
seanl wrote:
northroadracer wrote:
sean[/

Would need to know their results,if they are selling  100s of youngsters then they must have a large team,if they dont win their share in their own club/fed then would assume all is not what it seems, alarm bells would ring if the usual excuses came out, we have all heard the excuses.  Been too busy.  Done all i asked of them. My birds win everywhere else they go  i have the best bloodlines etc etc
so I take it none of your birds ever come from studs  plenty good birds come from studs  that don't race   sean

Never mentioned studs,was thinking more of those who breed 100/200 to sell,they must have huge teams so if they use pedigrees to sell birds and not their own performances the let the buyer beware
Back to top Go down
seanl
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: cost of young birds   cost of young birds EmptySun Nov 06, 2016 7:41 pm

[quote="northroadracer"][quote="seanl"][quote="northroadracer"]
seanl wrote:
northroadracer wrote:
sean[/

Never mentioned studs,was thinking more of those who breed 100/200 to sell,they must have huge teams so if they use pedigrees to sell birds and not their own performances the let the buyer beware

I know plenty good lofts who sell their surplus y/bs and it gives fanciers a chance to get new blood lines at a fraction of the cost it would cost for the stock birds as they say u pays your money takes your chance sean
Back to top Go down
northroadracer
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: cost of young birds   cost of young birds EmptySun Nov 06, 2016 7:49 pm

seanl wrote:
northroadracer wrote:
seanl wrote:
northroadracer wrote:
seanl wrote:
northroadracer wrote:
sean[/

I know plenty good lofts who sell their surplus y/bs and it gives fanciers a chance to get new blood lines  at a fraction of the cost  it would cost for the stock birds   as they say u pays your money takes your chance    sean
Agreed,but plenty feather merchants who ain't got the performances to sell their birds with so make excuses and sell on pedigree alone
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

PostSubject: Re: cost of young birds   cost of young birds EmptySun Nov 06, 2016 8:24 pm

don't do pedigrees only good pigeons ,half the time its not the pigeon its the owner that cant fly them ?
Back to top Go down
seanl
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: cost of young birds   cost of young birds EmptySun Nov 06, 2016 8:27 pm

edgie wrote:
don't do pedigrees only good pigeons ,half the time its not the pigeon its the owner that cant fly them ?
yer and I know some supposed to be aces but theres only 2 sending in their club and they sending a 100 birds aweek they do have fed turns but maybe that's because they bang on line of flight birds come across their loft mind boggles at times sean
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

PostSubject: Re: cost of young birds   cost of young birds EmptySun Nov 06, 2016 8:41 pm

seanl wrote:
edgie wrote:
yer and I know some supposed to be aces but theres only 2 sending in their club and they sending a 100 birds aweek  they do have fed turns but maybe that's because they bang on line of flight birds come across  their loft  mind boggles at times  sean
I suppose you can only fly your birds with the competition you have , I am lucky I fly in a decent sized club although they don't all send every week , that's why I like the nationals , plenty to compete against there
Back to top Go down
northroadracer
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: cost of young birds   cost of young birds EmptySun Nov 06, 2016 8:52 pm

seanl wrote:
edgie wrote:
yer and I know some supposed to be aces but theres only 2 sending in their club and they sending a 100 birds aweek  they do have fed turns but maybe that's because they bang on line of flight birds come across  their loft  mind boggles at times  sean

So option one ,to buy from performance or option two feather merchant with no performance?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: cost of young birds   cost of young birds Empty

Back to top Go down

cost of young birds
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next