Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
cost of young birds - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 6:53 pm

» new hen for speed
cost of young birds - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 6:51 pm

» Good Morning
cost of young birds - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 10:21 am

» sorting birds out
cost of young birds - Page 2 Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:33 am

» new rules from Defra
cost of young birds - Page 2 Emptyby David Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:30 pm

» RPRA Auction ........
cost of young birds - Page 2 Emptyby David Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:40 pm

» overnight and multiple nights basket
cost of young birds - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:21 pm

» Loft Location
cost of young birds - Page 2 Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:43 pm

» RPRA , WHAT DO THEY DO ?
cost of young birds - Page 2 Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:43 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) cost of young birds - Page 2 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 88 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 86 Guests :: 2 Bots

barnie, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.cost of young birds - Page 2 Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
cost of young birds - Page 2 Vote_lcapcost of young birds - Page 2 Voting_barcost of young birds - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
David
cost of young birds - Page 2 Vote_lcapcost of young birds - Page 2 Voting_barcost of young birds - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
oldstrain
Knackered
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1293 registered users
The newest registered user is Meddy78

Our users have posted a total of 221960 messages in 13973 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
cost of young birds - Page 2 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
cost of young birds - Page 2 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

cost of young birds

Go down 
+7
seanl
northroadracer
oldstrain
peel bros
David
halcanada
edgie
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

cost of young birds - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: cost of young birds   cost of young birds - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 06, 2016 8:57 pm

if you like what you see you may buy or maybe not . at the end of the day its the buyers choice , I don't mind doing a pedigree if the birds does something and the buyer can prove it ? .
Back to top Go down
seanl
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: cost of young birds   cost of young birds - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 06, 2016 9:01 pm

northroadracer wrote:
seanl wrote:
edgie wrote:
don't do pedigrees only good pigeons ,half the time its not the pigeon its the owner that cant fly them ?
yer and I know some supposed to be aces but theres only 2 sending in their club and they sending a 100 birds aweek  they do have fed turns but maybe that's because they bang on line of flight birds come across  their loft  mind boggles at times  sean

So option one ,to buy from performance or option two feather merchant with no performance?
buy the bloodlines your after  from stock birds  and take the chance u get some good ones blood will tell   depends what u want to pay  or buy off the yearlings no one knows what they might produce  but these will be off the stock birds  so will have the right blood    pay your money take your chance   JMO  sean
Back to top Go down
northroadracer
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: cost of young birds   cost of young birds - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 06, 2016 9:08 pm

[quote="seanl"]
northroadracer wrote:
seanl wrote:
edgie wrote:
don't do pedigrees only good pigeons ,half the time its not the pigeon its the owner that cant fly them ?
yer and I know some supposed to be aces but theres only 2 sending in their club and they sending a 100 birds aweek  they do have fed turns but maybe that's because they bang on line of flight birds come across  their loft  mind boggles at times  sean

So option one ,to buy from performance or option two feather merchant with no performance?
buy the bloodlines your after  from stock birds  and take the chance u get some good ones blood will tell   depends what u want to pay  or buy off the yearlings no one knows what they might produce  but these will be off the stock birds  so will have the right blood    pay your money take your chance   JMO  sean[/quote

Jmo but better from stock piigeons from someone with the results to back them up if owner can't get results from the parents or offspring]then either he or his birds ain't good enough
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

PostSubject: Re: cost of young birds   cost of young birds - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 06, 2016 9:16 pm

well I can back mine should I decide to sell any ?
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: cost of young birds   cost of young birds - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 06, 2016 9:23 pm

its the quality of stock that's the problem too many un-tried stock instead of ex-or current racers being bred from jmo
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

PostSubject: Re: cost of young birds   cost of young birds - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 06, 2016 9:26 pm

oldstrain wrote:
its the quality of stock that's the problem too many un-tried stock instead of ex-or current racers being bred from jmo
correct if you don't give ped till it proves itself it will get raced not shoved in a shed to breed another generation of duffers
Back to top Go down
northroadracer
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: cost of young birds   cost of young birds - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 06, 2016 9:27 pm

oldstrain wrote:
its the quality of stock that's the problem too many un-tried stock instead of ex-or current
racers being bred from jmo

Spot on,and most of us are guilty of it,me included
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: cost of young birds   cost of young birds - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2016 1:20 pm

I think too much is placed on how the parents and grand parents raced or bred, it doesn't mean the pigeon for sale will be a good one...
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

PostSubject: Re: cost of young birds   cost of young birds - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2016 1:45 pm

All you are buying is the blood line.what you do with them is up to you its all a lottery cheers
Back to top Go down
northroadracer
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: cost of young birds   cost of young birds - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2016 6:41 pm

David wrote:
I think too much is placed on how the parents and grand parents raced or bred, it doesn't mean the pigeon for sale will be a good one...

I would argue that if someone selling large amounts of ybs with no reasonable racing results probably has poor health within the colony and that would make me wary
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

PostSubject: Re: cost of young birds   cost of young birds - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2016 6:56 pm

northroadracer wrote:
David wrote:

I would argue that if someone selling large amounts of ybs with no reasonable racing results probably has poor health within the colony and that would make me wary
would you like a loft visit you are only 15 miles from me you can then report back to the members of this site your true findings cheers
Back to top Go down
northroadracer
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: cost of young birds   cost of young birds - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2016 7:54 pm

edgie wrote:
northroadracer wrote:
David wrote:

would you like a loft visit you are only 15 miles from me you can then report back to the members of this site your true findings cheers

Why would I visit you? I have given my thoughts on buying ybs never mentioned you or your birds,don't even know if you sell
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

PostSubject: Re: cost of young birds   cost of young birds - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2016 8:44 am

you may learn something , better still I might learn somat cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: cost of young birds   cost of young birds - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2016 4:22 pm

when my grandfather raced in the 70's and early 80's most guys never had much stock and bred from the race team ....its where the problems at I am sure of it along with racing ybs on Gerry and diet mixes its not enough for them to work back on if they make a mistake ,I have ybs who return 2 or 3 days later from races because they are fed to educate not race to the tin ok some of these late arrivals may not amount to much but they don't seem to do it twice but each to his own I am not so sure pigeon racing has moved on in these areas in the last 40 years
Back to top Go down
northroadracer
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: cost of young birds   cost of young birds - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2016 5:38 pm

oldstrain wrote:
when my grandfather raced in the 70's and early 80's most guys never had much stock and bred from the race team ....its where the problems at I am sure of it along with racing ybs on Gerry and diet mixes its not enough for them to work back on if they make a mistake ,I have ybs who return 2 or 3 days later from races because they are fed to educate not race to the tin ok some of these late arrivals may not amount to much but they don't seem to do it twice  but each to his own I am not so sure pigeon racing has moved on in these areas in the last 40 ynears

I believe pigeons have gotten much faster,latecomers are a thing of the past but not convinced purely down to feeding cos anyone who kept the birds on the old feeds would still be getting them home if not fast enough
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: cost of young birds   cost of young birds - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2016 5:51 pm

northroadracer wrote:
oldstrain wrote:
when my grandfather raced in the 70's and early 80's most guys never had much stock and bred from the race team ....its where the problems at I am sure of it along with racing ybs on Gerry and diet mixes its not enough for them to work back on if they make a mistake ,I have ybs who return 2 or 3 days later from races because they are fed to educate not race to the tin ok some of these late arrivals may not amount to much but they don't seem to do it twice  but each to his own I am not so sure pigeon racing has moved on in these areas in the last 40 ynears

I believe pigeons have gotten much faster,latecomers are a thing of the past but not convinced purely down to feeding cos anyone who kept the birds on the old feeds would still be getting them home if not fast enough

I respect yer opinion ...I can only say what I see in my own lofts and compare to what others are doing ...a yb fed for weeks on Gerry plus or diet goes awol they don't come back generally but mind you a lot still send when they got sickness in the loft as not all will suffer from the disease and this contributes to ybs being lost and going round in circles at the racepoint ,but back to the breeding on the sickness front and a lot of ybs being bred from birds that are un-tried, not only if they are capable of velocities to be competitive but to even breed ybs that have a robust immunity
Back to top Go down
friendsloft
Youngbird
Youngbird
friendsloft

PostSubject: Re: cost of young birds   cost of young birds - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2016 5:58 pm

To Days racing pigeons are bred for speed , we the fancier have produced these i feel at the expence of the homeing abilty yes they do home but not like they once did if you had a bird which nighted out from a race 99.9 % would be at the loft next morning first light, these day if a bird does not make it on the day then its 85% never seen again but we as fanciers will keep on striving to make the birds faster still,
Ken
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/friendsloft/index.htm
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: cost of young birds   cost of young birds - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2016 6:12 pm

friendsloft wrote:
To Days racing pigeons are bred for speed , we the fancier have produced these i feel at the expence of the homeing abilty yes they do home but not like they once did if you had a bird which nighted out from a race 99.9 % would be at the loft next morning first light, these day if a bird does not make it on the day then its 85% never seen again but we as fanciers will keep on striving to make the birds faster still,
Ken

I agree with what yer saying ken but a lot of extra speed is down to feed and I feel that's why they are not working back ...if theirs nothing in the tank how can they and if they been fed salad for weeks so they exercise well around the loft they have no reserves jmo though I may be wrong but its what I am seeing generally
Back to top Go down
friendsloft
Youngbird
Youngbird
friendsloft

PostSubject: Re: cost of young birds   cost of young birds - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2016 6:34 pm

Oldstrain as i agree feed plays its part, i once tried the garvo mix and to be honest i have never seen birds so hungrey, to the point i rang tje nanufacture , they ask me how i d
fed on race days to this the said was wrong two hours before basketing feed them as much as i could get into them , they told me that by 2 hours the feed would have passed through them leaving only the energy for the next day race as that was the way the mix was created to pass through the bird as quickly as posible yes i tried it was dredding the comments thinking the birds would have full crops only to be asked your keeping these abit on the tight side yes the corn had gone through them in less than a hour and and Half i never stayed with the mix as its not cheap i was going through double the amount of corn than i normally do , and yes the birds did win but i dropped 4
Ken
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/friendsloft/index.htm
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: cost of young birds   cost of young birds - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2016 7:18 pm

thanks for yer reply ken ...must have been a very light mix to go through them in that time Shocked the more I hear the less I understand ... Laughing I will keep to what I do and feed well ,we generally get headwinds anyway racing north atb
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

PostSubject: Re: cost of young birds   cost of young birds - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2016 6:48 am

friendsloft wrote:
Ken
birds have got faster , but for me only to say 400 miles , beyond that its how you condition them and beyond that say 600 miles plus it is down to a different type of bird altogether and there is not many about ? don't think these are faster , but are very determined pigeons ? cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: cost of young birds   cost of young birds - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2016 9:50 am

that makes sense to me birds have got faster up to 400 mile ....is it down to feed all birds bred today are from yesterdays pigeons they are not some new breed just new crosses and new peoples names adopting the name of other fanciers birds ...I like the idea of giving light mixes to my old birds but not the ybs guys are racing ybs like old birds they are not getting a chance to develop properly jmo though and respect others opinions to Wink
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

PostSubject: Re: cost of young birds   cost of young birds - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2016 12:41 pm

In èurope they burn them out on darkness they go in the soup at the end of the season ?
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: cost of young birds   cost of young birds - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2016 1:01 pm

ive heard it takes at least 4 pigeons to make a decent pie, is that true edgie............ Razz Razz scratch study lol!
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: cost of young birds   cost of young birds - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2016 1:20 pm

edgie wrote:
In èurope they burn them out on darkness they go in the soup at the end of the season ?

or sold to joe muggins ...uk market
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: cost of young birds   cost of young birds - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

cost of young birds
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next