Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  UK Pigeon SalesUK Pigeon Sales  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Knackered in another life.
by halcanada Today at 12:52 am

» One Loft Races to consider
by Knackered Today at 12:49 am

» The REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races
by halcanada Today at 12:12 am

» Pairing Up....
by David Yesterday at 10:47 pm

» Old Cocks Show.
by David Yesterday at 10:45 pm

» How to pick your best!!
by halcanada Yesterday at 8:31 pm

» BALLOT FORM FOR ALL SYNDICATE MEMBERS
by blueskylofts Yesterday at 7:07 pm

» Welcome !!!.
by Knackered Yesterday at 8:50 am

» Weather today
by oldstrain Yesterday at 7:47 am

Forum Syndicate
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
Who is online?
In total there are 34 users online :: 3 Registered, 0 Hidden and 31 Guests :: 2 Bots

David, halcanada, Knackered

Most users ever online was 144 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:37 am
Bucktons 2017 Calendar
Pigeon World Forum, Fancier of the Year Trophy.
Top posting users this week
David

halcanada

Knackered

blueskylofts

oldstrain

fieldwalker

markevans

Boosey

Don Webb

jet2013uk

Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1102 registered users
The newest registered user is swaps

Our users have posted a total of 156797 messages in 10418 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
John Gibbs young pied/grizzle winner.
Top posters
David

Don Webb

IANYOUNG

oldstrain

peel bros

Gaz b

Knackered

birdy2011

Rene A

Alex

Share | 

Another potential threat here.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Another potential threat here.   Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:01 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Another potential threat here.   Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:15 pm

That not good Hal.
There seems to be different strains of it all over the world now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Another potential threat here.   Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:08 pm

sorry to hear hal looks like its global now
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Another potential threat here.   Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:28 pm

oldstrain wrote:
sorry to hear hal looks like its global now
Night mare scenario for us pigeon men etc I suspect O/S, sadly. Road to ruin Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad from my perspective, if the road we are being told to follow, we have too follow  Wink  Wink if you get my drift. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Another potential threat here.   Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:32 pm

i have read a few articles about it regarding pigeons and the experts say pigeons are a dead end host of the disease and can contract and die from it but they don't pass it on ,seems a bit strange to me but their you have it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Another potential threat here.   Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:45 pm

oldstrain wrote:
i have read a few articles about it regarding pigeons and the experts say pigeons are a dead end host of the disease and can contract and die from it but they don't pass it on ,seems a bit strange to me but their you have it
Experts Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Like politicions Wink Wink etc. Tell you one thing one day & 6 months down the track, their telling you the complete opposite as such. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Another potential threat here.   Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:43 am

Migratory birds have been arriving for weeks now. However. Weather in a few days should be OK for the birds to be out. They will go out. My alarm system ( the 30 or so feral pigeons) Will alert me. They are good tough birds. Hawk around I know it by watching them. Regardless, first chance open loft again. I hope they have a built in immune system to cope. Health wise very few problems over the years. survival of the fittest. JMO.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Another potential threat here.   Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:01 am

halcanada wrote:
Migratory birds have been arriving for weeks now. However. Weather in a few days should be OK for the birds to be out. They will go out. My alarm system ( the 30 or so feral pigeons) Will alert me. They are good tough birds. Hawk around I know it by watching them. Regardless, first chance open loft again. I hope they have a built in immune system to cope. Health wise very few problems over the years. survival of the fittest. JMO.
Feral's Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Expert's tell you now, you must jab for just about everything under the sun etc. Pity the ferals were not consolted as such Wink Wink as they appear to be surviving world wide, from what I can see & understand Hal. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Another potential threat here.   Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:52 am

Yes. They are not racers or expensive pedigreed birds but survivors. Many years ago had a yb from them. Unbanded. club let me ship it. It went to 150 miles and was always in the top 10. Lost it after that. But was an interesting experiment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Another potential threat here.   Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:19 am

Must also add this. Had a few young from the ferals come in to the loft on occasion. About 1 a year. Left them in there. Flew out with the young for a day or so then took off. If they transmitted any thing via the water then hopefully some immunity was passed on. Yes, some did get sick about 4 years ago but then recovered. Nothing since of note. Couple of cases of Paratyphoid over the years but basically nothing else. I can live with the status quo. But again, each to their own.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Another potential threat here.   Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:34 am

halcanada wrote:
Must also add this. Had a few young from the ferals come in to the loft on occasion. About 1 a year. Left them in there. Flew out with the young for a day or so then took off. If they transmitted any thing via the water then hopefully some immunity was passed on. Yes, some did get sick about 4 years ago but then recovered. Nothing since of note. Couple of cases of Paratyphoid over the years but basically nothing else. I can live with the status quo. But again, each to their own.
 Sounds OK Hal Smile Smile to me. 50 pigeons, sitting along a roof top as such Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes last one looks a wee bit on
the sick side of life Wink Wink "dilemma" lol! lol! lol! call Dr Spock here & see $200 go down the drain etc "Big time' or just wait till bin night Wink Wink to solve the problem/issue.  cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another potential threat here.   

Back to top Go down

Another potential threat here.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1