Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» good luck weekend
How far for your first chuck  Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 3:48 pm

» Good Morning
How far for your first chuck  Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 3:08 pm

» Ian Evans BHW Letter
How far for your first chuck  Emptyby Knackered Today at 1:17 am

» birds on loan
How far for your first chuck  Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:40 am

» photo of Morgan
How far for your first chuck  Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:20 am

» Weather today
How far for your first chuck  Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 5:23 pm

» Hotting up in the Middle East
How far for your first chuck  Emptyby David Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:35 pm

» Homing World Stud Book
How far for your first chuck  Emptyby George & Morgan Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:46 am

» York Road & District Results 2024
How far for your first chuck  Emptyby David Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:39 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) How far for your first chuck  20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 65 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 64 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.How far for your first chuck  Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
How far for your first chuck  Vote_lcapHow far for your first chuck  Voting_barHow far for your first chuck  Vote_rcap 
David
How far for your first chuck  Vote_lcapHow far for your first chuck  Voting_barHow far for your first chuck  Vote_rcap 
Knackered
barnie
oldstrain
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222396 messages in 13991 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
How far for your first chuck  Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
How far for your first chuck  Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

How far for your first chuck

Go down 
+5
markevans
oldstrain
Boosey
halcanada
phil411
9 posters
AuthorMessage
phil411
Youngbird
Youngbird
phil411

How far for your first chuck  Empty
PostSubject: How far for your first chuck    How far for your first chuck  EmptyMon Mar 20, 2017 7:11 pm

Hi lads how far do you go for first training Chuck for yearling .... I went 15 miles for two and they beat me home so 25 miles tomorrow keep them there till next week then to 30 mile then into first race for 56 miles
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: How far for your first chuck    How far for your first chuck  EmptyMon Mar 20, 2017 7:19 pm

Depends on what obstacles they have to fly around or over. Here in the open countryside first shot is 30 miles. Then another there. Will be open loft usually so into the first race. 150 miles. If they are flying around good. Different locations different methods.
Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

PostSubject: Re: How far for your first chuck    How far for your first chuck  EmptyMon Mar 20, 2017 7:21 pm

20 miles
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: How far for your first chuck    How far for your first chuck  EmptyMon Mar 20, 2017 7:39 pm

15 miles
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: How far for your first chuck    How far for your first chuck  EmptyMon Mar 20, 2017 7:43 pm

Always start old and young at 3 miles then 12 miles up to 28 miles first race 96 miles
Back to top Go down
cowandchicken
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: How far for your first chuck    How far for your first chuck  EmptyTue Mar 21, 2017 7:21 am

Had mine out nearly every day over the winter so might not take them down the road. Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: How far for your first chuck    How far for your first chuck  EmptyTue Mar 21, 2017 9:08 am

if their experienced and flying well around the loft I would just give 2 or 3 at 15 miles to tune them into the game that's about to start ...don't see the point hammering old birds early season just my thoughts though cow and chicken atb fer 2017
Back to top Go down
cowandchicken
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: How far for your first chuck    How far for your first chuck  EmptyTue Mar 21, 2017 9:57 am

think along the same lines oldstrain thanks for the advice and good luck for 2017 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: How far for your first chuck    How far for your first chuck  EmptyTue Mar 21, 2017 6:53 pm

oldstrain wrote:
if their experienced and flying well around the loft I would just give 2 or 3 at 15 miles to tune them into the game that's about to start ...don't see the point hammering old birds early season just my thoughts though cow and chicken atb fer 2017
For me O/S Smile Smile it all comes down to the roof/flying trick & if your birds are not in the right mental frame as such when giving them the first toss, one more than likely will get a hiding sadly at times at 2 or 20 miles etc I suspect.
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: How far for your first chuck    How far for your first chuck  EmptyTue Mar 21, 2017 7:51 pm

Last year had the young to the 30 mile station. They had been slow from there 3 times. Was speeding and made it back in good time. I was getting out of the van then seen them. Way down near the lake shore almost a mile away. 15 minutes later they came back from the West and still flew. Guess was not long enough for them.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: How far for your first chuck    How far for your first chuck  EmptyTue Mar 21, 2017 8:04 pm

halcanada wrote:
Last year had the young to the 30 mile station. They had been slow from there 3 times. Was speeding and made it back in good time. I was getting out of the van then seen them. Way down near the lake shore almost a mile away. 15 minutes later they came back from the West and still flew. Guess was not long enough for them.
107 mpm Hal Smile Smile for the last mile etc Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes. No chance of being picked up for speeding by the radar gun I suspect there at the time Wink Wink.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: How far for your first chuck    How far for your first chuck  EmptyTue Mar 21, 2017 8:15 pm

hi phil, I think for me it would depend on how much racing experience they had had the season before, if they had raced the full yb program I would start them off around 10 - 15 miles, and that's also providing they had been regularly exercise around home during the off season. JMO
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: How far for your first chuck    How far for your first chuck  EmptyTue Mar 21, 2017 8:35 pm

About 14 with the old uns ...about 5 if that with ybs
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: How far for your first chuck    How far for your first chuck  EmptyTue Mar 21, 2017 9:08 pm

David wrote:
hi phil, I think for me it would depend on how much racing experience they had had the season before, if they had raced the full yb program I would start them off around 10 - 15 miles, and that's also providing they had been regularly exercise around home during the off season. JMO
1 2 3 5 Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Smile Smile  why bother Wink Wink young or old, an insult to there intelligance factor from my perspective. Just imagine our beloved Ray Smile Smile basketing up all his scrubbers & the effort lol! lol! lol! & taken them1 2 or 3 miles.  cheers
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: How far for your first chuck    How far for your first chuck  EmptyTue Mar 21, 2017 9:19 pm

We basket 80 to 100 ybs every day weather permitting to take them 5 mile on first training tosses...distance makes no difference to me its about getting them to go straight home without flying around liberation point for 20 mins..we all know races are won by those that leave first
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How far for your first chuck    How far for your first chuck  Empty

Back to top Go down

How far for your first chuck
Page 1 of 1