Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  UK Pigeon SalesUK Pigeon Sales  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Racing 19/8/17
by oldstrain Today at 3:23 pm

» Weather today
by redrog Today at 11:47 am

» Worksop 4th,5th,6th,7th,8th,9th...
by Knackered Today at 12:16 am

» RPRA Update 17th August
by David Yesterday at 3:51 pm

» I am back on ..
by Knackered Yesterday at 5:56 am

» Today's bargain
by Knackered Yesterday at 5:44 am

» Tuesday 15th. Race Day, Live Link.
by David Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:09 pm

» Tuesday Evening RPRA Update.
by peel bros Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:05 pm

» Wednesday 16th Update RPRA.
by Boosey Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:23 pm

Bucktons 2017 Calendar
Who is online?
In total there are 26 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 24 Guests :: 1 Bot

blueskylofts, oldstrain

Most users ever online was 144 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:37 am
Pigeon World Forum, Fancier of the Year Trophy.
Top posting users this week
David

Lofty

oldstrain

Knackered

blueskylofts

redrog

Boosey

peel bros

jet2013uk

johnnorm2

Sir Rene Archer wins 1st & 2nd club.
Rene Archer wins 1st and 2nd from Messac 118 miles on the 02/06/12 with a 2year old Jan Aarden which was lightly raced as a yearling...... Rene also took 1st on the 19/05/12 from Carentan 62 miles with a Barker, his daughters were also 2nd in the same race where they were the only birds home on the day.....Well done to Rene and his daughters.
Similar topics
Links.
Statistics
We have 1094 registered users
The newest registered user is Tony scaife

Our users have posted a total of 153820 messages in 10174 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
John Gibbs young pied/grizzle winner.
Top posters
David

Don Webb

IANYOUNG

oldstrain

peel bros

Gaz b

Knackered

birdy2011

Rene A

Alex

Share | 

Renovations under way.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Renovations under way.    Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:04 pm

Put 2 4x8 sheets of plywood on the roof today. Carefully!!! High cold wind. Some aches. My ladder climbing days are getting shorter! Was in two minds, renovate or new one. Took the easier course. Bought the paint ( walnut stain ) and hoping for better weather. Birds on the dark as of tonight.
Nice sight at the end of the driveway on the road this morning. One very large dead raccoon. Could not beat the traffic.
The dogs chase rabbits here. Never catch them. Rabbits have more motivation! Lots of young ones around also. Live under the pigeon lofts. They love apple peelings. Kestrel on the loft earlier. Old birds were out flying. He is not a problem. Assume a male, hens will be sitting now. For Mr Dales Diary, signing off. LOL.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Renovations under way.    Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:48 pm

halcanada wrote:
Put 2 4x8 sheets of plywood on the roof today. Carefully!!! High cold wind. Some aches. My ladder climbing days are getting shorter! Was in two minds, renovate or new one. Took the easier course. Bought the paint ( walnut stain ) and hoping for better weather. Birds on the dark as of tonight.
Nice sight at the end of the driveway on the road this morning. One very large dead raccoon. Could not beat the traffic.
The dogs chase rabbits here. Never catch them. Rabbits have more motivation! Lots of young ones around also. Live under the pigeon lofts. They love apple peelings. Kestrel on the loft earlier. Old birds were out flying. He is not a problem. Assume a male, hens will be sitting now. For Mr Dales Diary, signing off. LOL.
Ladder climbing Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes reminds me Hal Smile Smile 2 days ago we had a storm front hit here out of the blue etc when I had my babies out as such which got soaked to the skin & some could not fly because of it & they then got spooked off the loft when branches fell onto the loft from my gums here & some finished next door on the ground staring down a rotweiller Smile Smile who has a great love for pigeon pie Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes. Old fella Smile Smile climbed the paling fence, caught 3, missed one some where  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  one with 1 tail feather Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad & bite marks everywhere sadly. Being in a bit of a prediciment Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes   I then threw them all over the fence as I was fighting off the dog Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I then jumped back over my side of the fence & picked up the 3 birds off the ground again & just put them in the loft as such. So Hal Smile Smile if your body is like mine at the moment here Wink Wink best we just give away the climbing trick lol! lol! lol! & just keep our feet on the ground I suspect for safety sake. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Renovations under way.    Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:35 am

good luck with the loft project hal
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Renovations under way.    Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:46 pm

oldstrain wrote:
good luck with the loft project hal
Smile Smile As we say down here O/S Wink Wink Best Hal, hire a hubby "handy man type" lol! lol! lol!. Safer all round etc. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Renovations under way.    Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:03 pm

You 2 have to deal with plenty of in your necks of the woods.
I thought I had it tough with just one cat from up the road.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Renovations under way.    Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:18 am

Quite a menagerie at times. Finished the renovations today. Sheet of ply on the front. Quite a tussle with the wind. Almost. Two sheets left. Think I will put a new floor in one section. No weather to deal with.. Bought a gallon of paint yesterday $50. Wife was shopping today saw the same paint for $16 a gallon. Oh well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Renovations under way.    Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:22 pm

All done. Paint when we get a non rainy day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Renovations under way.    Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:49 pm

Can't you take it back Hal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Renovations under way.    Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:01 pm

No. But no matter. Just ticks me off, being the cheapskate I am!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Renovations under way.    Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:35 am

halcanada wrote:
Quite a menagerie at times. Finished the renovations today. Sheet of ply on the front. Quite a tussle with the wind. Almost. Two sheets left. Think I will put a new floor in one section. No weather to deal with..  Bought a gallon of paint yesterday $50.  Wife was shopping today saw the same paint for $16 a gallon. Oh well.
lol! lol! lol! Shoppers curse Smile Smile that one Hal etc Wink Wink. Best not to dwell lol! lol! lol! on what you could have spent that $34 on as such  Wink Wink.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Renovations under way.    Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:14 am

yes don't be thinking of the extra corn you could have bought for the birds hal Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Renovations under way.    

Back to top Go down

Renovations under way.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1