Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
Open loft thoughts - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 2:33 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Open loft thoughts - Page 2 Emptyby David Today at 1:35 pm

» Weather today
Open loft thoughts - Page 2 Emptyby David Today at 1:32 pm

» APHA Forms .......
Open loft thoughts - Page 2 Emptyby David Fri May 17, 2024 11:38 am

» come join us
Open loft thoughts - Page 2 Emptyby David Thu May 16, 2024 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Open loft thoughts - Page 2 Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
Open loft thoughts - Page 2 Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
Open loft thoughts - Page 2 Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
Open loft thoughts - Page 2 Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Open loft thoughts - Page 2 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 37 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 35 Guests :: 1 Bot

David, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Open loft thoughts - Page 2 Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Open loft thoughts - Page 2 Vote_lcapOpen loft thoughts - Page 2 Voting_barOpen loft thoughts - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Open loft thoughts - Page 2 Vote_lcapOpen loft thoughts - Page 2 Voting_barOpen loft thoughts - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1298 registered users
The newest registered user is Marcdvc11

Our users have posted a total of 222879 messages in 14007 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Open loft thoughts - Page 2 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Open loft thoughts - Page 2 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Open loft thoughts

Go down 
+8
merrylegs
blueskylofts
cowandchicken
halcanada
redrog
David
oldstrain
chris perry
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
denise washington
Chipping
Chipping
denise washington

Open loft thoughts - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open loft thoughts   Open loft thoughts - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2018 10:33 am

David wrote:
did you make a cat flap denise ...?
No David just as i asked was going to get it done but husband took a bad turn so for a few months it was just going to feed them and making sure they were ok spending all my time with him but i lost my 3 weeks ago so im spending time on garden doing things that he was trying to do
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Open loft thoughts   Open loft thoughts - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2018 12:37 pm

im very sorry to hear that denise, I hope your ok. (as ok as you can be under the circumstances)
Back to top Go down
denise washington
Chipping
Chipping
denise washington

PostSubject: Re: Open loft thoughts   Open loft thoughts - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2018 12:43 pm

David wrote:
im very sorry to hear that denise, I hope your ok.  (as ok as you can be under the circumstances)
Hi David yes im fine but its hard and lonley glad ive got my birds it keeps my feet on the ground so to speak it just take time
Thanks Denise
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Open loft thoughts   Open loft thoughts - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2018 1:20 pm

yes denise, my birds have helped me through similar times too.....whatever happens, the birds still need to be fed and watered, they take your mind off to a certain degree.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Open loft thoughts   Open loft thoughts - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2018 4:01 pm

At times denise one wonders just what life is all about, it goes without saying that I feel for your loss as I lost my fiirst wife some 35 years ago and still can have unhappy days when I look back and think what I did wrong and what I should have done etc;

Just think of the happy times and thank the Lord for them.

Kind regards.

Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
denise washington
Chipping
Chipping
denise washington

PostSubject: Re: Open loft thoughts   Open loft thoughts - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2018 10:57 pm

MISTY wrote:
At times denise one wonders just what life is all about, it goes without saying that I feel for your loss as I lost my fiirst wife some 35 years ago and still can have unhappy days when I look back and think what I did wrong and what I should have done etc;

Just think of the happy times and thank the Lord for them.

Kind regards.

Thats all you can do glad ive got my birds let them out at 9 this morning managed to get the last one in at 8 tonight the little sod but they are grounded now tomorrow dont want them getting caught up with racers
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Open loft thoughts   Open loft thoughts - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 07, 2018 1:46 am

David wrote:
im very sorry to hear that denise, I hope your ok.  (as ok as you can be under the circumstances)
Same, same Smile Smile. Hopefully I hope Denise, between your close/near family & your little champs there Smile Smile they will help take the pain away in your sad unfortunate moment in time etc. cheers
Back to top Go down
denise washington
Chipping
Chipping
denise washington

PostSubject: Re: Open loft thoughts   Open loft thoughts - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 07, 2018 9:17 pm

hi knackered i spent quite a bit of time now with birds and it does help just doing little jobs that joe was going to do while they have a fly about it takes my mind off things nattering if birds are coming back little sods
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Open loft thoughts   Open loft thoughts - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 07, 2018 9:35 pm

how did your breeding go denise, I remember you were having a few small problems with them at one time.
Back to top Go down
denise washington
Chipping
Chipping
denise washington

PostSubject: Re: Open loft thoughts   Open loft thoughts - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 07, 2018 10:54 pm

[quote="David"]doing ok now thanks but about 6 weeks ago i was broke into think it was khey killed about 6 young birds ready to leave nest and let my young racers out next day a young lad and his dad came on garden with a bucket and 3 young babies and one of my racers said he found them down quarry load of porkys
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Open loft thoughts   Open loft thoughts - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 07, 2018 11:10 pm

mmmm, yes, sounds very suspicious ...probably the young lad took them home and his dad made him bring them back.

makes you wonder what some people have in their heads to want to harm innocent animals.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Open loft thoughts   Open loft thoughts - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 07, 2018 11:52 pm

denise washington wrote:
hi knackered i spent quite a bit of time now with birds  and it does help just doing little jobs that joe was going to do  while they have a fly about it takes my mind off things nattering if birds are coming back little sods
Smile Smile Many moons ago here Denise Smile Smile I was in a bad place type of thing etc. Doctors couldn't help Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Government of the day  bounce  bounce didn't give a rats arse as such about me Wink Wink but my pigeons back then, thankfully saved me Smile Smile & ever since then I've always been thankful here Smile Smile for the magic they possess type of thing. cheers
Back to top Go down
denise washington
Chipping
Chipping
denise washington

PostSubject: Re: Open loft thoughts   Open loft thoughts - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 08, 2018 10:01 am

*****[/quote Hi Knackered doctors are a sore point with me last 3 weeks of his life we have had to fight for everything ,social services are same i employed my daughterinlaw whos a carer and my son to look after him through social theyve took my top up off me but still fighting for carers wages and hes been dead now 3 weeks they just dont care my son comes up plays hell up with me tells me to get to garden and unwind but my hens and pigeons do help a lot hope you are ok and your pigeons are still keeping you on your toes lol
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Open loft thoughts   Open loft thoughts - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 08, 2018 12:27 pm

Know the feeling regarding break ins denise, two young people, I will not call them men, broke into my loft and took every pigeon, it was in a remote place on Olivers Mount.

The police eventually found the culprits who had taken all the rings from the birds. the police put notes on the few pigeons that had survived, the rest had died of negllect, and let them go to see if they returned to my loft, only one did.but it was enough for the culprits to go to court.

At the court hearing I said if the Judge did not deal with them I would, they got 12 months prison sentence, the Judge knew how infuriated I was at not only losing the pigeons but the manner they had been treated.
They only had ask and I would have set them up with pigeons.

It is a sad fact that in this day and age nothing that happens choose how bad no one appears to be overly concerned.

I am sure that the lads on this site would assist you in any way possible and I hope all your problems of concern are solved.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
denise washington
Chipping
Chipping
denise washington

PostSubject: Re: Open loft thoughts   Open loft thoughts - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 08, 2018 6:19 pm

MISTY wrote:
Know the feeling regarding break ins denise, two young people, I will not call them men, broke into my loft and took every pigeon, it was in a remote place on Olivers Mount.

The police eventually found the culprits who had taken all the rings from the birds. the police put notes on the few pigeons that had survived, the rest had died of negllect, and let them go to see if they returned to my loft, only one did.but it was enough for the culprits to go to court.

At the court hearing I said if the Judge did not deal with them I would, they got 12 months prison sentence, the Judge knew how infuriated I was at not only losing the pigeons but the manner they had been treated.
They  only had  ask and I would have set them up with pigeons.

It is a sad fact that in this day and age nothing that happens choose how bad no one appears to be overly concerned.

I am sure that the lads on this site would assist you in any way possible and I hope all your problems of concern are solved.

Regards.

young man on same gardens as me is moving off as he keeps getting broke into and his racing pigeons been stolen its just not right problem is if we catch them and knock hell out of them its us thats in trouble laws all wrong ive got a 2x2 at gate now and if so i will use it they hurt my birds they hurt me lol
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Open loft thoughts   Open loft thoughts - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 08, 2018 6:34 pm

is the allotment far from your house denise ...?

what sort of allotments are they, do they have big fences round, or are they garden allotments with no fences, is it quiet and dark so thieves can easily get in...? is there any police presence in the area...?
Back to top Go down
denise washington
Chipping
Chipping
denise washington

PostSubject: Re: Open loft thoughts   Open loft thoughts - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 08, 2018 7:46 pm

[quote=" Hi David they are counsil allotment they did have fencing all round but they have took some down to make more gardens and not put fence back up my garden as a high fence all round but they got in through next garden as he dont lock his gate its at end of a estate so its not out of way
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Open loft thoughts   Open loft thoughts - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 08, 2018 9:52 pm

Hi denise,

Choose what you do on an allotment the low life appear to find a way to do their dirty business.

Local fanciers have suffered over the years on allotments that are well protected regarding entry etc;

I had bantams and hens etc; on the same allotments and had them stolen, I initially set some traps by putting nails through timber and planting them on the paths in the hope that I would find someone hopping about the next day etc; but it is a sad day to realise fairly recently that lofts have been burnt down it makes you wonder at the mentality of some people..

If there is a possibility of having a loft in your garden, even a small one, I would do that.

You just cannot prepare for the actions of the demented, and I do not mean the good people who suffer mental illness etc;

Regards.

Back to top Go down
denise washington
Chipping
Chipping
denise washington

PostSubject: Re: Open loft thoughts   Open loft thoughts - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 08, 2018 11:06 pm

MISTY wrote:
Hi denise,

Choose what you do on an allotment the low life appear to find a way to do their dirty business.

Local fanciers have suffered over the years on allotments that are well protected regarding entry etc;

I had bantams and hens etc; on the same allotments and had them stolen, I initially set some traps by putting nails through timber and planting them on the paths in the hope that I would find someone hopping about the next day   etc; but it is a sad day to realise  fairly recently that lofts have been burnt down it makes you wonder at the mentality of some people..

If there is a possibility of having a loft in your garden, even a small one, I would do that.

You just cannot prepare for the actions of the demented, and I do not mean the good people who suffer mental illness etc;

Regards.

Hi Misty got a few rolls of barbed wire going to get that up before bad weather comes in plus i have 2 cameras im going to set up aswell
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Open loft thoughts   Open loft thoughts - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 08, 2018 11:58 pm

ray peel has some good camera`s on his allotment denise, I think he can watch them on his mobile phone when hes at home etc....

maybe he can give you some info on setting yours up..
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Open loft thoughts   Open loft thoughts - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2018 8:03 am

sorry to hear of your loss denise life just is not fair at times the government departments are so insensitive when these things happen....can you not even have a small loft in the garden maybe a 6x4 with a flight on it the same size...that would be ideal
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Open loft thoughts   Open loft thoughts - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2018 2:14 pm

Hi denise,
When I put the nails down etc; I was told if someone actually got hurt by them I would be the one in trouble even were the injured commiting an offence.

There is no sense nor reason regarding protecting your property everything is in the favour of the criminal, even if caught they just have their knuckles gently tapped.

It is the working class you see and we do not count.

I hope your barbed wire does the trick and if you find someone tangled up just dig a hole and put them in.

But the odds are they will wrap the barbed wire up and take it home as things stand.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
denise washington
Chipping
Chipping
denise washington

PostSubject: Re: Open loft thoughts   Open loft thoughts - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2018 11:03 pm

David wrote:
ray peel has some good camera`s on his allotment denise, I think he can watch them on his mobile phone when hes at home etc....

maybe he can give you some info on setting yours up..
Hi David im hopeless with tech give me a hammer and a spanner im ok owt to do with computors mobile phones i can break them those cameras i have are plug and play lol
Back to top Go down
denise washington
Chipping
Chipping
denise washington

PostSubject: Re: Open loft thoughts   Open loft thoughts - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2018 11:08 pm

oldstrain wrote:
sorry to hear of your loss denise life just is not fair at times the government departments are so insensitive when these things happen....can you not even have a small loft in the garden maybe a 6x4 with a flight on it the same size...that would be ideal
Thanks Oldstrain but what it is i moved out of my own bungalow that had a steep drive and a few steps hubby found it hard to get up and down so we moved into a oap bungalow dont think we are allowed pigeons but if i move back home will look into that
Back to top Go down
denise washington
Chipping
Chipping
denise washington

PostSubject: Re: Open loft thoughts   Open loft thoughts - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2018 11:17 pm

MISTY wrote:
Hi denise,
            When I put the nails down etc; I was told if someone actually got hurt by them I would be the one in trouble even were the injured commiting an offence.

There is no sense nor reason regarding protecting your property everything is in the favour of the criminal, even if caught they just have their knuckles gently tapped.

It is the working class you see and we do not count.

I hope your barbed wire does the trick and if you find someone tangled up just dig a hole and put them in.

But the odds are they will wrap the barbed wire up and take it home as things stand.

Regards. our laws are all for light fingered folk not those who as worked for a living some years ago a young lad came into our extention while watching telly and tried to pinch some tools we had been useing but dog heard heard him joe got up to see what was up and thenyoung lad ran off reported it to police and joe said to them if i had caught him i would have done so andso to him they said as long as you dont leave him on your property it ok but dont let anybody see you they are just a joke

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Open loft thoughts   Open loft thoughts - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Open loft thoughts
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2