Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Barley. Swear at it or for it? Emptyby David Today at 9:16 pm

» Good Morning
Barley. Swear at it or for it? Emptyby David Today at 2:48 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Barley. Swear at it or for it? Emptyby David Today at 1:35 pm

» APHA Forms .......
Barley. Swear at it or for it? Emptyby David Fri May 17, 2024 11:38 am

» come join us
Barley. Swear at it or for it? Emptyby David Thu May 16, 2024 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Barley. Swear at it or for it? Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
Barley. Swear at it or for it? Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
Barley. Swear at it or for it? Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
Barley. Swear at it or for it? Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Barley. Swear at it or for it? 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 34 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 34 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Barley. Swear at it or for it? Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Barley. Swear at it or for it? Vote_lcapBarley. Swear at it or for it? Voting_barBarley. Swear at it or for it? Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Barley. Swear at it or for it? Vote_lcapBarley. Swear at it or for it? Voting_barBarley. Swear at it or for it? Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1298 registered users
The newest registered user is Marcdvc11

Our users have posted a total of 222884 messages in 14007 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Barley. Swear at it or for it? Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Barley. Swear at it or for it? Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Barley. Swear at it or for it?

Go down 
+3
Boosey
Knackered
halcanada
7 posters
AuthorMessage
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

Barley. Swear at it or for it? Empty
PostSubject: Barley. Swear at it or for it?   Barley. Swear at it or for it? EmptyMon Oct 02, 2017 1:33 am

Have read the benefits and negatives of barley in the feed. I tried it years ago. I could not see any benefit to it over two years. Birds were reluctant to eat it. The birds racing were neither better or worse for it but at the distance failed. Yet other guys told me it worked for them and they did good. Mostly widowhood fliers. Cut it out altogether and performance picked up. Guess pigeons can adapt to any feeding system, loft management system etc,. Thank goodness!!
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Barley. Swear at it or for it?   Barley. Swear at it or for it? EmptyMon Oct 02, 2017 5:38 am

halcanada wrote:
Have read the benefits and negatives of barley in the feed. I tried it years ago. I could not see any benefit to it over two years. Birds were reluctant to eat it. The birds racing were neither better or worse for it but at the distance failed. Yet other guys told me it worked for them and they did good. Mostly widowhood fliers. Cut it out altogether and performance picked up. Guess pigeons can adapt to any feeding system, loft management system etc,. Thank goodness!!
Same, same Hal Smile Smile Read much of
the spiel available etc & are not a great lover of it's use I must admit. That being said Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes it's a cheap type feed here, so I have 5% in my mix, just to tell me when they have had enough type of thing. cheers
Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

PostSubject: Re: Barley. Swear at it or for it?   Barley. Swear at it or for it? EmptyMon Oct 02, 2017 6:42 am

Like you Hal I used to use it a lot , but birds didn't like it and I didn't use it this year and my results were much better.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Barley. Swear at it or for it?   Barley. Swear at it or for it? EmptyMon Oct 02, 2017 7:34 am

heard good things about malting barley but hard to get here ...just use a little barley as a feed regulator or to get the weight off after winter lockdown
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Barley. Swear at it or for it?   Barley. Swear at it or for it? EmptyMon Oct 02, 2017 12:20 pm

Bought 2 bags of moulting mix yesterday and got a shock at the price , nearly 15 pound a bag, unreal..will not do that again lol
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: Barley. Swear at it or for it?   Barley. Swear at it or for it? EmptyMon Oct 02, 2017 4:55 pm

I thought the same Ray when I bought a bag of Depurative at the beginning of the year.

So this time I made my own. OK it costs a bit more than buying a bag of made up depurative - but you end up with LOADS.

I brought up Versele Laga depurative on Google, then copied the recipe and bought what I needed.

I ended up with just about two Dustbins full.

I got the wheat and barley from the farm down the road at £5.50 a bag each and had the other stuff I needed in stock.

So I have enough Depurative to last me over a year.

I would have thought, for you Ray with all your birds, even if you had to pay shop prices for the barley and wheat, and the other bits and bobs, it would work out MUCH cheaper for you.

Maybe if one only had a few birds, one could share with a mate or club member.

Phil
Back to top Go down
http://www.philongold.net
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Barley. Swear at it or for it?   Barley. Swear at it or for it? EmptyMon Oct 02, 2017 5:13 pm

barley was £6.50 a bag last year when I bought some, I don't like it much so use bamfords depurative mixed with my mix to lighten it.

Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Barley. Swear at it or for it?   Barley. Swear at it or for it? EmptyMon Oct 02, 2017 6:06 pm

Normally do make our own up but just being lazy lol but like I said it cost us
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Barley. Swear at it or for it?   Barley. Swear at it or for it? EmptyMon Oct 02, 2017 6:46 pm

peel bros wrote:

they charge you more ray, because they know you got plenty and can afford it...... lol!
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Barley. Swear at it or for it?   Barley. Swear at it or for it? EmptyMon Oct 02, 2017 8:41 pm

Think your right there david
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Barley. Swear at it or for it?   Barley. Swear at it or for it? EmptyTue Oct 03, 2017 4:44 am

David wrote:
peel bros wrote:

they charge you more ray, because they know you got plenty and can afford it...... lol!
Smile Smile Rumour file Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes around the South Shields area David Wink Wink has our Ray, known as money bags Peel etc lol! lol! lol! I hear.  cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Barley. Swear at it or for it?   Barley. Swear at it or for it? EmptyTue Oct 03, 2017 9:00 am

yes knackered, his purse is full so I`m told........ Razz Razz lol!
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Barley. Swear at it or for it?   Barley. Swear at it or for it? EmptyTue Oct 03, 2017 9:36 am

I wish ..have to work for my pocket money which is a rare thing nowadays I am afraid...pigeon men working lol
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Barley. Swear at it or for it?   Barley. Swear at it or for it? EmptyWed Oct 04, 2017 1:48 am

peel bros wrote:
I wish ..have to work for my pocket money which is a rare thing nowadays I am afraid...pigeon men working lol
Same here Ray Smile Smile working men types are like dinasours etc Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes "very few to be found" Wink Wink. The bad back brigade  bounce bounce on a pension are many lol! lol! lol! but they still some how can carry 2 baskets, full to the brim as such & then lift the crates/units onto the truck type of thing Smile Smile & are quite happy if someone offers them a job of any desciption, if it's cash only Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes type payment Smile Smile.  cheers
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Barley. Swear at it or for it?   Barley. Swear at it or for it? EmptyWed Oct 04, 2017 2:55 am

peel bros wrote:
Tell them to come down here Ray  Smile  Smile "Plenty of work" While waiting at my Geordie mates on Saturday it was birthday time for his eldest boy "first 2 born geordies" Wink Wink 20 years later etc Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes the next 2 born aussies "Big time" lol! lol! lol! & all have a good paying job now, because mum & dad have a strong work ethic if you get my drift  Smile  Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Barley. Swear at it or for it?   Barley. Swear at it or for it? Empty

Back to top Go down

Barley. Swear at it or for it?
Page 1 of 1