Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
has anyone ever heard Emptyby David Today at 2:49 pm

» Good Morning
has anyone ever heard Emptyby David Today at 2:48 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
has anyone ever heard Emptyby David Today at 1:35 pm

» APHA Forms .......
has anyone ever heard Emptyby David Fri May 17, 2024 11:38 am

» come join us
has anyone ever heard Emptyby David Thu May 16, 2024 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
has anyone ever heard Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
has anyone ever heard Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
has anyone ever heard Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
has anyone ever heard Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) has anyone ever heard 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 20 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 18 Guests :: 1 Bot

David, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.has anyone ever heard Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
has anyone ever heard Vote_lcaphas anyone ever heard Voting_barhas anyone ever heard Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
has anyone ever heard Vote_lcaphas anyone ever heard Voting_barhas anyone ever heard Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1298 registered users
The newest registered user is Marcdvc11

Our users have posted a total of 222882 messages in 14007 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
has anyone ever heard Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
has anyone ever heard Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

has anyone ever heard

Go down 
+3
David
Lightning
Rene A
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Rene A
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rene A

has anyone ever heard Empty
PostSubject: has anyone ever heard   has anyone ever heard EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 6:38 pm

a stupid question may be but has any one ever been able to tell how fit thier bird is going by the tail feathers lol! i was chatin to an old guy that said wen he used to race years ago he would look at the tail feathers and look at the white of the end feathers if the white edge was nearly to the top of the tail he conciderd the bird to be very fit and in top form i think he was tellin me pig
Back to top Go down
Lightning
Hatchling
Hatchling
Lightning

PostSubject: Re: has anyone ever heard   has anyone ever heard EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 8:34 pm

the only things i can remember re: tails was

1) the tail would be literally "quivering" - was always a good sigh of health & fitness

2) the "quill" on the centre (top) feather of the tail when holding it should be dead central as a sign of good balance

dont know how true these are, or if they worked - just things i remember when growing up?
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: has anyone ever heard   has anyone ever heard EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 8:39 pm

ive heard a few tail theories rene, one was if you look at the top feather.......if the quill slopes left it is a short distance bird, and right it is a long distance bird....... scratch wouldnt put too much faith in it tho`.... lol!
Back to top Go down
Rene A
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rene A

PostSubject: Re: has anyone ever heard   has anyone ever heard EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 8:54 pm

im not lol! just thought it strange with what some say lol! its like i have a dvd here on pigeons and on part of it it go's on about the width of the bar on the end of the tail and wot you shud pair up to it ( ie ) if the thickness of the bar is say 2 fingers wide you should pair it up to a pigeon with a smaller bar
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: has anyone ever heard   has anyone ever heard EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 8:59 pm

yes rene, ive read similar things about the bar width, some say a wide thick bar is good.....others have birds with very thin bars which have scored well for them.... Very Happy who can say Very Happy

theres also the theory that a bird with a third bar is a good one..........? i know some good birds do have a third bar but maybe its just by chance that these birds just happen to win. scratch
Back to top Go down
Rene A
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rene A

PostSubject: Re: has anyone ever heard   has anyone ever heard EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 9:04 pm

yes very true but at the end of the day i think it all boils down to loft management when you get it right ist keppin it there its the getting it right im having trouble with lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: has anyone ever heard   has anyone ever heard EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 9:10 pm

im just fumbling my way through for this year rene, trying my best to learn from other members regarding feeding, training etc.........i suppose it comes with experience so after ive got this yb season over with i will be able to maybe see where i went right or wrong and adjust accordingly next season. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

PostSubject: Re: has anyone ever heard   has anyone ever heard EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 9:20 pm

y/bs doing well with whistle most straight in gave them reward extra corn last night, never again played up today not as hungry so missed tonights meal
Back to top Go down
Ginger
Youngbird
Youngbird
Ginger

PostSubject: Have you heard   has anyone ever heard EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 9:21 pm

I once heard of a block that crossed a parot with a teal duck it could ask its way home, and if it got tyred it could swim home scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: has anyone ever heard   has anyone ever heard EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 9:24 pm

Ginger169 wrote:
I once heard of a block that crossed a parot with a teal duck it could ask its way home, and if it got tyred it could swim home scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch

think mine are crossed with those ginger, for some reason they dont want to fly anymore and are just walking round the garden ......... lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: has anyone ever heard   has anyone ever heard EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 9:27 pm

steve1952 wrote:
y/bs doing well with whistle most straight in gave them reward extra corn last night, never again played up today not as hungry so missed tonights meal

steve i was tempted to give a bit extra a couple of days ago because they are moulting pretty quickly.......the next day i had a bit of a job getting them in again.......so i think its best at the moment to keep them on strick rations.... Razz
Back to top Go down
Rene A
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rene A

PostSubject: Re: has anyone ever heard   has anyone ever heard EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 9:27 pm

lol! lol! lol! we must have the same breed David lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Ginger
Youngbird
Youngbird
Ginger

PostSubject: have you heard   has anyone ever heard EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 9:27 pm

If all thies things worked dont you think we would all be doing it what a boring sport it would be. lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Ginger
Youngbird
Youngbird
Ginger

PostSubject: Re: has anyone ever heard   has anyone ever heard EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 9:42 pm

David are you giving your birds grit and minrals if your giving them salt blocks they will do that, this is the time of the year they should be get thear self ready to breed they are picking up form the ground what you cant give them. scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: has anyone ever heard   has anyone ever heard EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 9:54 pm

hi ginger, its the ybs i mean which are not flying much.......i think its probably because ive held them down for too long scared id loose them from the loft, i dont ever scare the ybs up to fly but leave them to go when ready......but this year so far i think ive over done it as by this stage they should be flying for at least half hour maybe......

dont get me wrong some do fly but only for about five minutes and then they land and walk around the garden for an hour.... pig
Back to top Go down
geordiejen
Hatchling
Hatchling
geordiejen

PostSubject: Re: has anyone ever heard   has anyone ever heard EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 10:15 pm

sounds a bit silly to me.
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: has anyone ever heard   has anyone ever heard EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 6:59 am

as long as mine has a tail i,m happy lol
Back to top Go down
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

PostSubject: Re: has anyone ever heard   has anyone ever heard EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 9:05 pm

would you race 1 without a tail ray
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: has anyone ever heard   has anyone ever heard Empty

Back to top Go down

has anyone ever heard
Page 1 of 1