Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Letter from Club, Opinions Please.... Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:13 am

» Good Morning
Letter from Club, Opinions Please.... Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:12 am

» come join us
Letter from Club, Opinions Please.... Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Letter from Club, Opinions Please.... Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Letter from Club, Opinions Please.... Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:19 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
Letter from Club, Opinions Please.... Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
Letter from Club, Opinions Please.... Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
Letter from Club, Opinions Please.... Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
Letter from Club, Opinions Please.... Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Letter from Club, Opinions Please.... 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 30 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 29 Guests :: 1 Bot

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Letter from Club, Opinions Please.... Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Letter from Club, Opinions Please.... Vote_lcapLetter from Club, Opinions Please.... Voting_barLetter from Club, Opinions Please.... Vote_rcap 
David
Letter from Club, Opinions Please.... Vote_lcapLetter from Club, Opinions Please.... Voting_barLetter from Club, Opinions Please.... Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222849 messages in 14006 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Letter from Club, Opinions Please.... Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Letter from Club, Opinions Please.... Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Letter from Club, Opinions Please....

Go down 
+9
Knackered
Don Webb
peel bros
chuda
redrog
fieldwalker
Boosey
markevans
David
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Letter from Club, Opinions Please.... Empty
PostSubject: Letter from Club, Opinions Please....   Letter from Club, Opinions Please.... EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 7:48 pm

just got a letter through the door off our club sec, I presume my fellow club member chuda will have one too.......anyway, was reading through the standing rules and came across rule no 16 which says;

" none flying members shall be sent letters asking them to support their club by sending birds, if they do not intend flying they will be asked to resign, to make way for flying members"

1 is there any rpra rule which says you have got to race ?

2, can the club make this rule ?

3 if they can what happens if you have paid subs/fees etc ?

4 how does a member not racing stop other members from flying ? (make way for flying members)

5 there doesn't appear to be a waiting queue of fanciers wanting to join the club.

6 if they get rid of members, they wont have their money coming into the club.

plus another thing that confuses me, a couple of years ago one of our members was finding it hard to race and look after his pigeons, so members voted to allow him to be a none flying member, but if he ever wanted to race again he had to be voted back in again.........fair enough.

thing is, what defines a none flying member...? someone who simply doesn't send, or someone who has been voted to be a none flying member...?

thoughts please anyone
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: Letter from Club, Opinions Please....   Letter from Club, Opinions Please.... EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 8:10 pm

Load of rubbish dave can't make anyone resign or make anyone send birds if you are a fully paid up member then it is up to you if you send or not and if their is a limit on the clubs membership then just lift the limit or do away with it even the Rpra can't make you send or resign the club is out of order trying to do this
Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

PostSubject: Re: Letter from Club, Opinions Please....   Letter from Club, Opinions Please.... EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 8:12 pm

That’s bloody ridiculous, what sort of t**t makes a rule like that, what harm does a non flying member do.
Put a proposal in to have that rule abolished before your A.G.M David.
Back to top Go down
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird
fieldwalker

PostSubject: Re: Letter from Club, Opinions Please....   Letter from Club, Opinions Please.... EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 8:15 pm

im NEHU so dont know but it does seem strange what is a non-flying member? a honoury one?
surely this must have been voted on and passed (wrongly i would think).
you cant make members send if they choose not to.
i would ask them to make it clear what they mean and if your not happy contact the union.
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: Letter from Club, Opinions Please....   Letter from Club, Opinions Please.... EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 8:17 pm

No need for proposals dave they couldn't make it stand its like your car tax if you tax it it up to you if you drive it or not
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: Letter from Club, Opinions Please....   Letter from Club, Opinions Please.... EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 8:22 pm

Take no notice dave just look at all the nationals in the country and how many members they have and join each year but never send they don't aske them to resign so others can join
Back to top Go down
redrog
Youngbird
Youngbird
redrog

PostSubject: Re: Letter from Club, Opinions Please....   Letter from Club, Opinions Please.... EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 8:30 pm

its the "make way for flying members" that gets me, are you all in a permanent queue, or playing "musical chairs" Embarassed sack yer sec. oh and send your non flyers our way we'll take their dosh lol! what a wind up
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Letter from Club, Opinions Please....   Letter from Club, Opinions Please.... EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 9:03 pm

thanks for the input chaps, as you all know I havnt raced for a few years now, due to circumstances.....but I did intent to race ybs this coming season hence the new loft, I did think to my self, if I don't have the loft up to a reasonable stage by the agm, I would resign, rather than waste another season.......but I decided against this, but now this letter has me thinking f*ck them, stick the club up their ar*e`s

but as always, I don't like to be told what to do, especially when these rules seem to be made prior to club meetings, over a drinking session in the pub, between a clique .

as far as I`m aware you can be a none flying member of a club, but you have to be voted to be one at the agm, but this also means you cannot just decide to send one week when you fancied, you had to be voted back as a racing member at the next agm.......

our club has joined another organisation this season and as well as club fees etc, we have to pay birdage in advance, so this being paid in advance means they want you to resign and loose all that money if you decide not to send...
Back to top Go down
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird
fieldwalker

PostSubject: Re: Letter from Club, Opinions Please....   Letter from Club, Opinions Please.... EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 9:10 pm

DONT resign ffs you got plenty time to get a yb loft up and race ybs Neutral
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Letter from Club, Opinions Please....   Letter from Club, Opinions Please.... EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 9:15 pm

this is what I was thinking f/walker, as long as I get the shell up and roof on, I can add perches and other bits and pieces as and when I can, in time for ybs and racing.
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: Letter from Club, Opinions Please....   Letter from Club, Opinions Please.... EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 9:17 pm

Remember what I said a couple of months ago dave now your going to send this season you will have them all shacking in their boots stick with it
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Letter from Club, Opinions Please....   Letter from Club, Opinions Please.... EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 9:25 pm

lol! lol! lol!  I don't think they will be shaking in their boots mark................ No No No

I know nothing about racing ......... study study lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: Letter from Club, Opinions Please....   Letter from Club, Opinions Please.... EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 9:28 pm

Don keeps on saying this and he's doing alright
Back to top Go down
chuda
Chipping
Chipping
chuda

PostSubject: Re: Letter from Club, Opinions Please....   Letter from Club, Opinions Please.... EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 9:43 pm

Dave I don't think they can make anyone resign, if they don't fly, where's all this come from?
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Letter from Club, Opinions Please....   Letter from Club, Opinions Please.... EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 9:43 pm

markevans wrote:
Don keeps on saying this and he's doing alright

dons kidding, I`m not............. lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Letter from Club, Opinions Please....   Letter from Club, Opinions Please.... EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 9:46 pm

chuda wrote:
Dave I don't think they can make anyone resign, if they don't fly, where's all this come from?

hi anil, did you not get the rules through your letter box tonight..?

it says it in rule 16  

" none flying members shall be sent letters asking them to support their club by sending birds, if they do not intend flying they will be asked to resign, to make way for flying members"

but as far as I know you can be a none flying member of a club, dave Hamilton is, they voted 2 years ago for him to be.....thing is if he wants to race again they have to vote for him to be active again.
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Letter from Club, Opinions Please....   Letter from Club, Opinions Please.... EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 9:50 pm

Pathetic. .just trying to scare you into flying ..we have members in our club and others but they don't fly in ours they just use the ets system for training or whatever. .doesn't bother me one bit as long as they pay subs
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: Letter from Club, Opinions Please....   Letter from Club, Opinions Please.... EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 9:50 pm

Look its like this if you don't have pigeons and don't have a loft but are a fully paid up member then their is nothing they can do end of trust me I no something
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Letter from Club, Opinions Please....   Letter from Club, Opinions Please.... EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 9:52 pm

Letter from Club, Opinions Please.... 00110
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: Letter from Club, Opinions Please....   Letter from Club, Opinions Please.... EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 9:57 pm

Is their membership cap on the amount of members the club will have if so what is the number
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Letter from Club, Opinions Please....   Letter from Club, Opinions Please.... EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 10:04 pm

no cap on membership that I know of mark, they have only taken 3 or 4 new members since ive been there, in the last 6 or so years........one of them only stayed a season then left, another was slightly out of the radius so they open it up, then closed it again once he was in.
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: Letter from Club, Opinions Please....   Letter from Club, Opinions Please.... EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 10:11 pm

That would be the only reason they could ask members to leave years ago a club near me started up I was one of the first few to join it closed the books at 30 members because we was having 27/28 members sending in the first half of the season and we was their alnight doing clocks and marking birds on Fridays and the same on Saturdays so it was 30 members and when one dropped out one came in I doubt this will be the Case in your club dave
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Letter from Club, Opinions Please....   Letter from Club, Opinions Please.... EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 10:16 pm

no mark, not sure exactly how many members we have, probably 16 / 17 ish, but probably only about 12 send regularly.....and birdage will be pre paid for the season.
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: Letter from Club, Opinions Please....   Letter from Club, Opinions Please.... EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 10:20 pm

Believe me dave they can't make anyone resign they can ask but if you are a full paid member they can not do anything about it any way just tell them your going to send each week even if you don't
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: Letter from Club, Opinions Please....   Letter from Club, Opinions Please.... EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 10:23 pm

Wish I was I your club right now things like this get my back right up they would have a argument on their hands like they'd never known
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Letter from Club, Opinions Please....   Letter from Club, Opinions Please.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Letter from Club, Opinions Please....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next