Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
New methods. Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 2:06 am

» come join us
New methods. Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:21 am

» Weather today
New methods. Emptyby David Yesterday at 9:45 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
New methods. Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
New methods. Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:19 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
New methods. Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
New methods. Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
New methods. Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
New methods. Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) New methods. 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 31 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 31 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.New methods. Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
New methods. Vote_lcapNew methods. Voting_barNew methods. Vote_rcap 
David
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222847 messages in 14006 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
New methods. Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
New methods. Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

New methods.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

New methods. Empty
PostSubject: New methods.   New methods. EmptyWed Feb 07, 2018 1:23 am

Dave. Roly commented on a new method on the Alberta Classic site. Input from an Irish flier. Awaiting details. If he does not mind, will put it on here. Will ask him first of course.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

New methods. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New methods.   New methods. EmptyWed Feb 07, 2018 9:11 am

yes that would be interesting hal, I sent him a message yesterday, so awaiting a reply.......he was telling me about the who dares wins one loft race.
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

New methods. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New methods.   New methods. EmptyThu Feb 08, 2018 12:04 am

Roly posted this.
""For natural
I feel that nesting should be on a shelf. Of a little 3 / 4 inch high divider. ( May even do without that!
Half a house brick for bird not sitting to stand on.
Opposite the shelf albeit from a 2/3 foot gang way would be an exact opposite. The birds will be constantly conscious of the other birds opposite and beside. Yes only reason for a nest bowl would be for birds choosing their spot to nest.

Of course there would be as many shelves as needed.
Birds on open loft means that they will out, fly and back. One in all will go in. All will naturally goe out nigh together. All out picking on the garden, one in others quickly follow. That would be my basic for the naturals.

A very good national flyer from Derby excelled by simply having, basically 12 nest boxes in a circle on poles. How they trapped etc. I don't know / can't recall, but that would be no problem with a little fore thought. One took off, they all took off. One landed they all landed. Again a built in awareness of other birds and guarding their territory is as far as I'm concerned paramount.

Widowerhood, or widowhood hens / celibacy.

Would be one loft, but actually two. Either side would be a front for one sex. The other for the other sex. In the middle of the loft … actually in all sense and purpose the back of the loft would be the Nest boxes. However these nest boxes would be able to be used via either side. Shut of when not in use. Many ways of doing this. Drop flap, sliding hatch etc. Would have a perch available when not in use for the bird to perch on. To all sense and purpose the bird would believe it's mate live in the nest box. (One could if so desired have a nest box both side but shut off from each other.
Whether one uses a aviary or not, No birds would be able to be seen when opposite sex is out.
Maybe sometimes a plastic / glass partition could be used before basketing. I, personally, wouldn't ever let the sexes out together. So that they only ever trap to one place. Hence, to me, the birds will have territory to guard, and the added incentive if possible, also the belief that their mate is on the other side.

If room in garden one could fly both. But again all birds away from the sight of the other pigeons.
Both systems of course great for rotating which I feel is the a good thing. JMO

I as you may recall have no belief in flying to a mate. A fantail in the nest would be just as good. A different hen / cock bird every time works just as well. I believe that they fly to Their Home, perch nest box etc. etc.

I defy any one to tell me, let alone explain how one can motivate a pigeon to fly home quicker if not already having a built in desire to be 'Home'. If not it will take it's time to the degree that it cares.... or bothers.
Now only fit and healthy birds will win races … Ok the odd paper bag on a windy day over a shorter distance. All the elements needed are coaxed and imprinted to a degree from the nest onwards.
You will all have seen youngster two or three weeks old home back to their nest bowl etc.
Indeed could there be a case of those that don't are culls?
Can they breed winners? The Jury is out here .""
Back to top Go down
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird
fieldwalker

New methods. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New methods.   New methods. EmptyThu Feb 08, 2018 12:46 am

Yeah iv read a few of his posts on alberta
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New methods. Empty