Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
what to do with the poo! Emptyby David Today at 2:49 pm

» Good Morning
what to do with the poo! Emptyby David Today at 2:48 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
what to do with the poo! Emptyby David Today at 1:35 pm

» APHA Forms .......
what to do with the poo! Emptyby David Fri May 17, 2024 11:38 am

» come join us
what to do with the poo! Emptyby David Thu May 16, 2024 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
what to do with the poo! Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
what to do with the poo! Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
what to do with the poo! Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
what to do with the poo! Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) what to do with the poo! 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 20 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 18 Guests :: 1 Bot

David, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.what to do with the poo! Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
what to do with the poo! Vote_lcapwhat to do with the poo! Voting_barwhat to do with the poo! Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
what to do with the poo! Vote_lcapwhat to do with the poo! Voting_barwhat to do with the poo! Vote_rcap 
barnie
Statistics
We have 1298 registered users
The newest registered user is Marcdvc11

Our users have posted a total of 222882 messages in 14007 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
what to do with the poo! Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
what to do with the poo! Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

what to do with the poo!

Go down 
+10
markevans
barnie
redrog
David
jonD
Boosey
oldstrain
fieldwalker
Knackered
blueskylofts
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

what to do with the poo! Empty
PostSubject: what to do with the poo!   what to do with the poo! EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 8:39 am

Hi you guys,

As some of you might know, we have now moved back to the UK after spending over 14 years in France.

We have to build a totally new setup and we have started with a stock loft for our 16 stock pairs.

When we were in frogland we had plenty of space as we had a 4 acre smallholding. But now we are living in a normal semi-detached house. Even though it has quite a big garden, I am wondering where to put all the pigeon poo our birds will be producing.

What are the rules/laws about putting pigeon poo in the dustbin?

What do other members do with their pigeons' droppings?

Phil
Back to top Go down
http://www.philongold.net
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: what to do with the poo!   what to do with the poo! EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 8:56 am

blueskylofts wrote:
Hi you guys,

As some of you might know, we have now moved back to the UK after spending over 14 years in France.

We have to build a totally new setup and we have started with a stock loft for our 16 stock pairs.

When we were in frogland we had plenty of space as we had a 4 acre smallholding.  But now we are living in a normal semi-detached house. Even though it has quite a big garden, I am wondering where to put all the pigeon poo our birds will be producing.

What are the rules/laws about putting pigeon poo in the dustbin?

What do other members do with their pigeons' droppings?

Phil
None down here Phil Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes if your prepared to be a wee bit cheeky as such Wink Wink Weekly dust/garden bin sorts it all out for me etc now Smile Smile. Years ago I used to take it all down to the local garden/vegie plots here & they used to just love a freebee Smile Smile for their gardens there. Even have put up top of my block also here at times Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Big sign lol! lol! lol! Top quality pigeon sh*te, free bounce bounce disappears quick Wink Wink I found, like some one going to the dunny, with the runs  lol!  lol!  lol! as one could say Smile Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird
fieldwalker

PostSubject: Re: what to do with the poo!   what to do with the poo! EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:00 am

Green bin if it gets emptied regular
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: what to do with the poo!   what to do with the poo! EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:04 am

yes same ours goes in the green bin with a bit of garden matter...ask yer local council to bring you one down their about £50 a year I think not really quite sure how much ...collected every 2 weeks here
Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

PostSubject: Re: what to do with the poo!   what to do with the poo! EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:55 am

Mine goes in the green bin with the kitchen and garden waste, the dustman have never mentioned anything
Back to top Go down
jonD
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: what to do with the poo!   what to do with the poo! EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 10:10 am

leek trench with mine, after Ive activated it tho
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: what to do with the poo!   what to do with the poo! EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 10:42 am

black wheely bin mainly, if no room in there green bin or any bin.......we pay them to remove our waste, so put it in the bin and get what your paying for.
Back to top Go down
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird
fieldwalker

PostSubject: Re: what to do with the poo!   what to do with the poo! EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 11:14 am

jonD wrote:
leek trench with mine, after Ive activated it tho
Good on the onion bed after its washed in over the winter...
Back to top Go down
redrog
Youngbird
Youngbird
redrog

PostSubject: Re: what to do with the poo!   what to do with the poo! EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 12:15 pm

green bin
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: what to do with the poo!   what to do with the poo! EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 3:15 pm

Suppose you could flush it down the bog as long as you don't put too much in one go? Smile
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: what to do with the poo!   what to do with the poo! EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 5:27 pm

Take mine down the local council tip
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: what to do with the poo!   what to do with the poo! EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 6:35 pm

Burn most of ours on the fire. Lasts fir ages lol
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: what to do with the poo!   what to do with the poo! EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 6:41 pm

Local allotment might have it phil
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: what to do with the poo!   what to do with the poo! EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 6:45 pm

markevans wrote:

once asked some bloke on the local allotments if he wanted some pigeon muck, he looked at me as if I was some sort of lunatic, he said "wooo no, I use mushroom compost" , I walked off and thought, you keep paying for it then you feckin mug...... Razz Razz Razz jocolor
Back to top Go down
phil411
Youngbird
Youngbird
phil411

PostSubject: Re: what to do with the poo!   what to do with the poo! EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 8:31 pm

I have an old gentleman who takes mine and digs it in garden and worm box rest goes on bin wagon
Back to top Go down
jet2013uk
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: what to do with the poo!   what to do with the poo! EmptyMon Feb 12, 2018 11:37 am

I'm with f/w green bin pal
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: what to do with the poo!   what to do with the poo! EmptyMon Feb 12, 2018 1:30 pm

Deep litter. Compost heap.
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: what to do with the poo!   what to do with the poo! EmptyMon Feb 12, 2018 6:13 pm

Phil you could chuck it over next doors garden that will help get rid of it all
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: what to do with the poo!   what to do with the poo! EmptyMon Feb 12, 2018 6:22 pm

markevans wrote:

good idea mark, they wont have a clue where it came from either ............ lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: what to do with the poo!   what to do with the poo! EmptyMon Feb 12, 2018 6:29 pm

Now that's what I was thinking

Last edited by markevans on Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: what to do with the poo!   what to do with the poo! EmptyMon Feb 12, 2018 6:52 pm

David wrote:
markevans wrote:

once asked some bloke on the local allotments if he wanted some pigeon muck, he looked at me as if I was some sort of lunatic, he said "wooo no, I use mushroom compost" , I walked off and thought, you keep paying for it then you feckin mug...... Razz Razz Razz jocolor

lol! lol! lol! some people are so ungrateful eh david Laughing I remember me granddad always put the manure in the veggie plot
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: what to do with the poo!   what to do with the poo! EmptyMon Feb 12, 2018 7:00 pm

markevans wrote:

lol! lol! lol! best build a portable pigeon loft phil ... I can see you on the move again in the near future bounce bounce bounce lol!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: what to do with the poo!   what to do with the poo! EmptyMon Feb 12, 2018 7:14 pm

oldstrain wrote:
David wrote:
markevans wrote:

lol! lol! lol! some people are so ungrateful eh david Laughing I remember me granddad always put the manure in the veggie plot

that explains why you are 6 ft Darren......... Razz Razz cheers
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: what to do with the poo!   what to do with the poo! EmptyTue Feb 13, 2018 12:16 am

David wrote:
markevans wrote:

good idea mark, they wont have a clue where it came from either ............ lol! lol! lol!
Could be an option for me David Smile Smile when I get my new neighbours here next month etc Wink Wink. Help cement neighbourly love Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes being a gift bounce bounce from one of the flower flower power generation types Smile Smile.
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: what to do with the poo!   what to do with the poo! EmptyTue Feb 13, 2018 12:23 am

New neighbour migh appreciate it! Depends. May want to start a banana plantation or plant coconut trees..depends were they are from.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what to do with the poo!   what to do with the poo! Empty

Back to top Go down

what to do with the poo!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Racing Pigeons,Show & Fancy Pigeons :: Message Forum :: General Discussions-
Jump to: