Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
loft visit Emptyby David Today at 11:22 am

» Good Morning
loft visit Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:12 am

» come join us
loft visit Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
loft visit Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
loft visit Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:19 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
loft visit Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
loft visit Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
loft visit Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
loft visit Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) loft visit 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 31 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 29 Guests :: 1 Bot

David, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.loft visit Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
loft visit Vote_lcaploft visit Voting_barloft visit Vote_rcap 
David
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222850 messages in 14006 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
loft visit Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
loft visit Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

loft visit

Go down 
+3
markevans
Knackered
jet2013uk
7 posters
AuthorMessage
jet2013uk
Hatchling
Hatchling

loft visit Empty
PostSubject: loft visit   loft visit EmptyFri Mar 02, 2018 9:32 am

We got A invite for a loft visit today at 10 o'clock to Foxwood stud loft Looking forward to it See what the man set-ups like..Try and take some photos and put them on Facebook for some of you lads And lasses to see as I can't put pictures up on this forum
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

loft visit Empty
PostSubject: Re: loft visit   loft visit EmptyFri Mar 02, 2018 9:35 am

jet2013uk wrote:
We got A invite for a loft visit today at 10 o'clock to Foxwood stud loft Looking forward to it See what the man set-ups like..Try and take some photos and put them on Facebook for some of you lads And lasses to see as I can't put pictures up on this forum
Thanks Jet Smile Smile looking forward with interest here Wink Wink with how day turns out etc there. cheers
Back to top Go down
jet2013uk
Hatchling
Hatchling

loft visit Empty
PostSubject: Re: loft visit   loft visit EmptyFri Mar 02, 2018 3:18 pm

Back From Foxwood stud loftsAnd some absolutely stunning pigeons very well bread He's not long since come back from Belgium with them they are out of this world It's the first time that I have ever seen A stud loft like that I will put some photos on Facebook Of is setup and some of his pigeons
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

loft visit Empty
PostSubject: Re: loft visit   loft visit EmptyFri Mar 02, 2018 6:53 pm

Glad you had a good day jet on your loft visit what stains do they fly and what distances and did you bring anything back with you
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

loft visit Empty
PostSubject: Re: loft visit   loft visit EmptyFri Mar 02, 2018 7:03 pm

It a great stud got there breeding stud book from a few years ago brilliant pigeons

Think Tony Cowan did a video on the stud some years back
Back to top Go down
jet2013uk
Hatchling
Hatchling

loft visit Empty
PostSubject: Re: loft visit   loft visit EmptyFri Mar 02, 2018 7:09 pm

He does the .geerinck and beartseon Sprint to middle distance pigeonsHe has a web page Pal Haven't been on it yet but I will have a look in a bit
Back to top Go down
jet2013uk
Hatchling
Hatchling

loft visit Empty
PostSubject: Re: loft visit   loft visit EmptyFri Mar 02, 2018 7:11 pm

He's got all new Birds now pal from Belgium Cost him something like 56 or €58,000For a few pairs If anybody's got WhatsApp I will send you pictures if you don't have me as a friend on Facebook
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

loft visit Empty
PostSubject: Re: loft visit   loft visit EmptyFri Mar 02, 2018 8:49 pm

Click on one of your pics in FB. It will open in a new page. Right click image. Save to desktop. (give it a name). Then come on here. Click on host image. 6th symbol from left above. Wait a few seconds. Will ask you to select file. Click on desktop pic. It should load and show. Then click send all then insert.
loft visit Jet10
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

loft visit Empty
PostSubject: Re: loft visit   loft visit EmptyFri Mar 02, 2018 8:54 pm

I find it easier to save to desktop. Quicker.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

loft visit Empty
PostSubject: Re: loft visit   loft visit EmptyFri Mar 02, 2018 10:48 pm

halcanada wrote:
I find it easier to save to desktop. Quicker.
I find it much easier to just leave it too the experts etc Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Wink Wink & then just sit back & admire their craft/skill Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

loft visit Empty
PostSubject: Re: loft visit   loft visit EmptyFri Mar 02, 2018 11:26 pm

It is wonderful to see that there are still some who have a long term view of the sport to be investing in new breeds etc;

It would also be interesting on what grounds, as the sport could then concentrate on strengthening them.

I have visited many studs and never found one that has not got what I feel are, at face value, ideal types, and some with the right credentials.

It is also a fact that choose what the parentage is the actual number of offspring of any real value are very few and far between.

I had a very interesting talk with the owner of one of the very first studs.

His opinion was that if you bought 40 young birds from even the grandchildren of the major breeders, at a very reasonable cost regarding what was paid for the originals and sorted them out you would normally eventually have more chance of success than buying and paying a ridiculous amount for one or two children off the main breeders.

And he new what he was talking about.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

loft visit Empty
PostSubject: Re: loft visit   loft visit EmptyFri Mar 02, 2018 11:36 pm

MISTY wrote:
It is wonderful to see that there are still some who have a long term view of the sport to be investing in new breeds etc;

It would also be interesting on what grounds, as the sport could then concentrate on strengthening them.

I have visited many studs and never found one that has not got what I feel are, at face value, ideal types, and some with the right credentials.

It is also a fact that choose what the parentage is the actual number of offspring of any real value are very few and far between.

His opinion was that if you bought 40 young birds from even the grandchildren of the major breeders,  at a very reasonable cost  regarding what was paid for the originals and sorted them out you would normally eventually have more chance of success than buying and paying a ridiculous amount for one or two children off the main breeders.

And he new what he was talking about.

Regards.
Studs & O-L-Races I suggest Misty are all part of the landscape of our sport etc. I certainly don't have an issue with them. Due diligence & buyer beware Wink Wink must never be forgotten with them thou Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes unless one enjoys getting ones fingers burnt as such. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

loft visit Empty
PostSubject: Re: loft visit   loft visit EmptySat Mar 03, 2018 6:37 pm

MISTY wrote:

His opinion was that if you bought 40 young birds from even the grandchildren of the major breeders,  at a very reasonable cost  regarding what was paid for the originals and sorted them out you would normally eventually have more chance of success than buying and paying a ridiculous amount for one or two children off the main breeders.

that's the idea I went with misty, I had the chance a couple of years ago to buy the more expensive children of household name champions, but they wernt cheap........so instead I bought 24 grand children, which I reckoned would give me a better chance of breeding something to win.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

loft visit Empty
PostSubject: Re: loft visit   loft visit EmptySat Mar 03, 2018 11:24 pm

I have had some laughs when going to some studs, a friend wanted to get a good cock bird from S. B Cooper and wanted me to go along.

We went and the first bird he handed me was a bird from a basket with six pigeons in, I thought here we go, the dross.

After handling the pigeon I said there is no need to look at any more make an offer for this one.

Mr Cooper started laughing, he said he had just bought the six to improve his own stock.

After looking at all those on offer and against my advice my friend bought a pigeon that had been injured, of good breeding but done nothing.

It proved useless.

Another visit was to Dover to see a Jannsen stud, it took over four hours to get there.

When we did get there after three tours round the Palace, where I am sure on the fourth time the Queen actually waved, we got lost. I told the owner I would not have one pigeon given, there were only double figures available, he said he had sold all his best pigeons abroad, he could have told me before we went.

However I did spot a pigeon he had not shown us, a dark hen and I liked the look of it, he said it was not a Jannsen but a daughter of Iron Lady, I boiught it and glad I did.

I have handled many good pigeons and learned very early on,THEY COME IN ALL SHAPES AND SIZES which adds innensely to the enjoyment and the odds in gettingthings right.

If there was a fool proof method all the fun would be gone.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

loft visit Empty
PostSubject: Re: loft visit   loft visit EmptySun Mar 04, 2018 1:07 am

Basically is what I did. Tmak was selling young birds. Over produced. $25 each. I got two more guys to go in with me and bought 15. No pedigrees. Picked them up at the airport in London. Ontario. I had paid the shipping. All colours but 5 were red. Those I picked for my self. Two other guys got a little ticked off. Told them, my first pick, I paid shipping. Worked out well for me. Bought others off him since and was intending to buy latebreds this month. Due to circumstances (wifes health) had to cancel that deal. Hence the major cut back in numbers this year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

loft visit Empty
PostSubject: Re: loft visit   loft visit Empty

Back to top Go down

loft visit
Page 1 of 1