Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
YB Season.... Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 2:06 am

» come join us
YB Season.... Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:21 am

» Weather today
YB Season.... Emptyby David Yesterday at 9:45 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
YB Season.... Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
YB Season.... Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:19 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
YB Season.... Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
YB Season.... Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
YB Season.... Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
YB Season.... Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) YB Season.... 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 26 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 25 Guests :: 1 Bot

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.YB Season.... Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
YB Season.... Vote_lcapYB Season.... Voting_barYB Season.... Vote_rcap 
David
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222847 messages in 14006 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
YB Season.... Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
YB Season.... Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

YB Season....

Go down 
+4
oldstrain
MISTY
Boosey
David
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

YB Season.... Empty
PostSubject: YB Season....   YB Season.... EmptySun Jul 08, 2018 11:35 am

is everyone ready for yb racing, are you training ...?

I`m behind (as usual) , not started training yet, ut will do this week......will miss the first yb race and hope for the second, which is from the same place. Question Question study jocolor
Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

YB Season.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: YB Season....   YB Season.... EmptySun Jul 08, 2018 12:36 pm

Very wise David, no point rushing them.
Mine have had 6 tosses, they’re ready to go this weekend, I will hopefully get another toss into them if it cools down a bit.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

YB Season.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: YB Season....   YB Season.... EmptySun Jul 08, 2018 12:51 pm

Just as an experiment why not, not train some of the young birds just give them more flying around the loft and see if there is any difference in the results, when sent to the race, between those sent up and down the road.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

YB Season.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: YB Season....   YB Season.... EmptySun Jul 08, 2018 1:11 pm

mine arnt flying too good around home, if they were I`d be confident on them racing / training ok, they seem more interested in pairing up. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

YB Season.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: YB Season....   YB Season.... EmptySun Jul 08, 2018 2:24 pm

in no hurry to train just yet quite happy to wait til the heat wave is over my best yearling this year only had 4 yb races due to very small puncture wound in his chest ...i will only give a few tosses anyway due to hawk and falcon problems everywhere up to 40 miles radius of the loft so training is a big gamble in the vale where the birds have to come through ,the red kites and buzzards will give them a scare to though not actually a kill and theres masses of these up and down the motorway 2 miles west of the vale so all in all training is a nightmare so 3or4 tosses at 10/15 miles may be their lot this year before first race already have 2 ybs and 1 yearling injured another killed just loft flying atb to all members racing this yb season pirat pirat
Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

YB Season.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: YB Season....   YB Season.... EmptySun Jul 08, 2018 4:01 pm

I feel for you Darren, it must be heartbreaking, they’re like our little mates arnt they.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

YB Season.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: YB Season....   YB Season.... EmptyMon Jul 09, 2018 12:00 am

I think I`ll do the same Darren, wait while the weather cools down a bit, even if I miss the first two races it doesn't matter........let the other members loose theirs in the first two lol!
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

YB Season.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: YB Season....   YB Season.... EmptyMon Jul 09, 2018 7:50 am

a lot of sickness about in the early races to david a lot of numpties sending sick pigeons whether they know it or not is another matter I am sure some do though
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

YB Season.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: YB Season....   YB Season.... EmptyMon Jul 09, 2018 2:23 pm

What fanciers should be concentrating on is WHY ARE SO MANY PIGEONS SICK, all problems have a cause and in our sport it is caused by the action of fanciers in one way or another the pigeons react to the manner they are treated in every respect so someone is doing something wrong in the first place.

No good complaining after the horse has bolted learn to fasten the stable door and the horse is confined.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
chuda
Chipping
Chipping
chuda

YB Season.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: YB Season....   YB Season.... EmptyMon Jul 09, 2018 6:21 pm

David wrote:

I`m behind (as usual) , not started training yet, ut will do this week......will miss the first yb race and hope for the second, which is from the same place. Question Question study jocolor

Hi David, im not ready, I've just been letting my 1st round out for about 3 weeks and there not even packing yet, 2nd round have been out for the 1st time last Sunday just opened the trap and let them do as they pleased. So I won't be sending for a while.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

YB Season.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: YB Season....   YB Season.... EmptyMon Jul 09, 2018 6:26 pm

chuda wrote:
David wrote:

Hi David, im not ready, I've just been letting my 1st round out for about 3 weeks and there not even packing yet, 2nd round have been out for the 1st time last Sunday just opened the trap and let them do as they pleased. So I won't be sending for a while.

me neither , I think it might be the third race from Leicester by the time mine are ready, got to vaccinate them yet, then start training ........so wont be in no rush to throw them away.

they not even exercising well round home, more interested and pairing up.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

YB Season.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: YB Season....   YB Season.... EmptyMon Jul 09, 2018 8:12 pm

chuda, who vaccinates your birds...?
Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

YB Season.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: YB Season....   YB Season.... EmptyTue Jul 10, 2018 6:37 am

I wish I knew why they get sick Misty, for the last 3 years my pigeons are 100%, and training well.
I put them in the first race, and by about Tuesday a few don’t come down for food, then the next morning they’re sicking up.
Then that’s my racing over.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

YB Season.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: YB Season....   YB Season.... EmptyTue Jul 10, 2018 7:41 am

you need to flush the crop and use a natural anti-bacterial on return as they will pick up all sorts on the transporter what with idiots sending birds that are not right ...I always put something in Saturday evening until sunday night.old birds are more robust having a fully matured immune system and don't need it jmo
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

YB Season.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: YB Season....   YB Season.... EmptyTue Jul 10, 2018 9:34 am

what natural anti-bacterial would you use Darren...?
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

YB Season.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: YB Season....   YB Season.... EmptyTue Jul 10, 2018 11:40 am

boosey,

Wish I could tell you what the problem is, in many cases the pigeon would have to be able to speak.

Many fanciers just guess and some make matters worse.

I honestly never had any health problems and never gave any preventative nor any of the products the commercial boys advise as a means of winning races.

I kept entirely to what the pigeons digestive system was created to cater with.

The immune system is not built in a day but over many years and can be more easily ruined than improved by using artificial products.

If you are having trouble then why not just try another system of feeding, no additives, just a sound well balanced diet, put some garlic in the water every day, just crush a couple of segments and put it in the drinkers, I never actually measured anything, no wild bird eats exactly the same amount each day and they do not do badly.

The birds drank the garlic water when the pond water was available and had to be topped up every day.

But for health, and I know that lime is the best means of dealing with many potential health problems, I actually learned this from the book written by a chap in prison who bred canaries, you cannot beat experience and actual events.

I had sand and lime deep litter but I also always dusted the nest boxes and the perches with lime and just brushed it in with my hand, you will always get the doubters, I feel that the deep litter was actually the reason the pigeons never had any health problems along with the garlic.

Of course if you abuse a method and cannot take the time to see that the lime is not a problem to you when using it then ????, but belive me there are more fanciers than you think who use both the above.

Hope your problems soon disapear.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
chuda
Chipping
Chipping
chuda

YB Season.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: YB Season....   YB Season.... EmptyTue Jul 10, 2018 12:43 pm

David wrote:
chuda, who vaccinates your birds...?

I vaccinated them myself with the help of Stuart H, and I do them just after I wean them so I know that every pigeon is done before they are let out.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

YB Season.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: YB Season....   YB Season.... EmptyTue Jul 10, 2018 12:50 pm

ah right, yes its a good idea to do them when weaning........

Back to top Go down
redrog
Youngbird
Youngbird
redrog

YB Season.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: YB Season....   YB Season.... EmptyTue Jul 10, 2018 2:18 pm

David wrote:
I use fennel, grab it from supermarket, good for crop cleaning
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

YB Season.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: YB Season....   YB Season.... EmptyTue Jul 10, 2018 2:27 pm

redrog wrote:
David wrote:
I use fennel, grab it from supermarket, good for crop cleaning

thanks for the info r/rog, is this made into tea ...?
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

YB Season.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: YB Season....   YB Season.... EmptyTue Jul 10, 2018 2:29 pm

I have not vaccinated for over ten years. ACV occasionally in the water. Cleaned out yesterday one OB loft. Diatamaceous Earth powder down. Same as I did the stock birds few days ago. Have all been on shavings or straw etc,. Have another loft to do then young bird loft. They have just come back from exersise flight. Let them out at 7 am now 9 am. Killed one week or so ago. Busted leg, Another two with bruised legs. They will recover. Two hens are on eggs. Have been for a week. Others mating etc,. Will train tomorrow. Hot and humid but so will be some of the races. Lose them now or lose them later. Half a dozen were down on the gravel yesterday eating spilled soy bean seed from the planter. Bright red seed. Colour comes from the treatment the seed gets before planting. Pesticides. Will they get sick? No idea. Wild birds and wild pigeons eat the seed. Have not seen dead birds around.
As stated, will clean another 8 x 8 loft. OB's 12 boxes. Then move some old birds. Then open the connecting door to the young bird loft. They can use both. That will give them 16 feet x 8 feet to play in.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

YB Season.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: YB Season....   YB Season.... EmptyTue Jul 10, 2018 2:50 pm

david their are several the most common used is garlic and theirs nothing natural about pigeons having garlic in their water everyday but of course its a natural product ...fennel,cinnamon and lemon juice also oregano are all useful fennel is good for fungal and candida as to is cinnamon ,lemon juice and cinnamon are given on Saturday evening of a race on the corn and oregano in the drinker if its a late liberation I will wait and give on the sunday.you know the drill with oregano david and its value ,seeing is believing and the health of the pigeons atb
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

YB Season.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: YB Season....   YB Season.... EmptyTue Jul 10, 2018 2:52 pm

so I could just put ropa b in the drinker ?
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

YB Season.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: YB Season....   YB Season.... EmptyTue Jul 10, 2018 3:03 pm

yes I do this david but also use lemon and cinnamon on the corn ,about a table spoon of lemon (fresh) or mother vinegar on the corn and a teaspoon (level) of cinnamon powder per killo of corn if you put to much cinnamon on the corn they wont touch it so steady as she goes lol!
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

YB Season.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: YB Season....   YB Season.... EmptyWed Jul 11, 2018 1:00 am

MISTY wrote:
boosey,

Wish I could tell you what the problem is, in many cases the pigeon would have to be able to speak.

Many fanciers just guess and some make matters worse.

I honestly never had any health problems and never gave any preventative nor any of the products the commercial boys advise as a means of winning races.

I kept entirely to what the pigeons digestive system was created to cater with.

The immune system is not built in a day but over many years and can be more easily ruined than improved by using artificial products.

If you are having trouble then why not just try another system of feeding, no additives, just a sound well balanced diet, put some garlic in the water every day, just crush a couple of segments and put it in the drinkers, I never actually measured anything, no wild bird eats exactly the same amount each day and they do not do badly.

The birds drank the garlic water when the pond water was available and had  to be topped up every day.

But for health, and I know that lime is the best means of dealing with many potential health problems, I actually learned this from the book written by a chap in prison who bred canaries, you cannot beat experience and actual events.

I had sand and lime deep litter but I also always dusted the nest boxes and the perches with lime and just brushed it in with my hand, you will always get the doubters, I feel that the deep litter was actually the reason the pigeons never had any health problems along with the garlic.

Of course if you abuse a method and cannot take the time to see that the lime is not a problem to you when using it then ????, but belive me there are more fanciers than you think who use both the above.

Hope your problems soon disapear.

Regards.

lol! lol! lol! Robert Stroud etc Wink Wink I take it Misty  Smile  Smile with his old dirt trick there. Next Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes you will tell us here bounce bounce you took notice of Levi also Wink Wink like me, with his small; loft/pen, of 20,000 odd pigeons as such  Smile  Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

YB Season.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: YB Season....   YB Season.... Empty

Back to top Go down

YB Season....
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next