Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
stratford upon avon Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:16 pm

» Good Morning
stratford upon avon Emptyby David Today at 2:48 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
stratford upon avon Emptyby David Today at 1:35 pm

» APHA Forms .......
stratford upon avon Emptyby David Fri May 17, 2024 11:38 am

» come join us
stratford upon avon Emptyby David Thu May 16, 2024 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
stratford upon avon Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
stratford upon avon Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
stratford upon avon Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
stratford upon avon Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) stratford upon avon 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 45 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 43 Guests :: 1 Bot

barnie, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.stratford upon avon Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
stratford upon avon Vote_lcapstratford upon avon Voting_barstratford upon avon Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
stratford upon avon Vote_lcapstratford upon avon Voting_barstratford upon avon Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1298 registered users
The newest registered user is Marcdvc11

Our users have posted a total of 222883 messages in 14007 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
stratford upon avon Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
stratford upon avon Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

stratford upon avon

Go down 
+5
peel bros
redrog
David
Lofty
oldstrain
9 posters
AuthorMessage
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

stratford upon avon Empty
PostSubject: stratford upon avon   stratford upon avon EmptyMon Jul 30, 2018 7:59 am

we are racing from stratford today just waiting on a liberation we sent 11 ybs ...also had to sign a form to declare the birds were vaccinated and no ill effects from circo virus it all seemed very official ,has any other club secretarys or members had to sign such ,I don't mean yer yearly vaccination sheet this was another form
Back to top Go down
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: stratford upon avon   stratford upon avon EmptyMon Jul 30, 2018 8:55 am

Good luck daz, hope you get them all buddy,

We’ve not sent yet but I’ve haven’t seen anyone signing anything when we’ve been marking the YBS
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: stratford upon avon   stratford upon avon EmptyMon Jul 30, 2018 9:37 am

good luck Darren, I hope you get good returns and a good result......

no, I didn't have to sign anything, just showed vaccination form.
Back to top Go down
redrog
Youngbird
Youngbird
redrog

PostSubject: Re: stratford upon avon   stratford upon avon EmptyMon Jul 30, 2018 1:36 pm

oldstrain wrote:
we are racing from stratford today just waiting on a liberation we sent 11 ybs ...also had to sign a form to declare the birds were vaccinated and no ill effects from circo virus it all seemed very official ,has any other club secretarys or members had to sign such ,I don't mean yer yearly vaccination sheet this was another form
nope signed nothing over and above usual
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: stratford upon avon   stratford upon avon EmptyMon Jul 30, 2018 4:29 pm

Goodluck
Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

PostSubject: Re: stratford upon avon   stratford upon avon EmptyMon Jul 30, 2018 5:01 pm

I’ve not signed anything Darren.
Good luck mate.
Back to top Go down
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: stratford upon avon   stratford upon avon EmptyMon Jul 30, 2018 7:42 pm

How’s your luck daz, good returns
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: stratford upon avon   stratford upon avon EmptyTue Jul 31, 2018 10:35 am

well it seems all the local clubs here have signed a form maybe its coming soon to your clubs maybe theirs been a local outbreak but nothing I have heard it seems to be regards circo virus and vaccinating for pmv...now regards our race if you could call it that ...it was awful massive losses down the club most members getting 1/3 returns 5/15 3/9 etc ...and ourselves 4/11 and 1 returned a few hours ago so at present 5/11 result not know yet but as I do the clocks can safely say we are not in the result and times very very slow most members just clocking the 1 bird which tells you what a awful race it was from 60 miles No
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: stratford upon avon   stratford upon avon EmptyTue Jul 31, 2018 11:29 am

Terrible, nothing worse than disaster from first race .. hope more return
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: stratford upon avon   stratford upon avon EmptyTue Jul 31, 2018 1:37 pm

sorry to hear that Darren, it seems to be happening all over, its all I read about.....everyone having bad races and losses.
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: stratford upon avon   stratford upon avon EmptyTue Jul 31, 2018 3:55 pm

do you think a racing batch could get hit by a hawk or hawks, go into blind panic then some of these eventually encounter another liberation where the pigeons that haven't been attacked pick up on the panic and fear then on and on it goes till massive areas of the country have pigeons racing heads down in blind panic and out to sea? even though only a small amount have actually encountered a hawk. Bit like elephant or cattle stampede perhaps?
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: stratford upon avon   stratford upon avon EmptyTue Jul 31, 2018 4:33 pm

So sad... But then the saddest thing is surely, too many chanced it hoping that their results would be better.
As I posted last week... Time is now to decide. You know, or may even feel certain that it's going to be a bad one... Look in the mirror and decide.
Also I believe in the adage, 'There is always next week, because the best birds are N the loft.

I never , or very seldom, if one goes back many years ago, raced the first two old bird races. 'when in the wind is East, it's no good for man or beast'. that's as true today as it has ever been … oh for the wing and a prayer. I made sure I wasn't in the combined and old bird averages … too many good birds are chanced and Lost I believe sending good over raced, or not ready / able to go.
If, as the old time flyers said and did 'I may send an old experience hen or cock bird … just for the averages'.
Time was when we had no money to train. But loft fit birds went into the first (65miles) or second race(96 miles). Or waited for the come back races. Most split their team..
Club racing meant you had a small team to fly the complete programme, and you did. Races for the 'Race' you wanted or was most interested in winning. Berwick for Lerwick was good, they had a rest in between etc.
Young birds once started flew the longest races. Seasons end you had a problem deciding which ones would have a nest box, or even a perch. No one never added the former, birds had had to earn their place.
let's face it, this 'I must race at all cost' is a great cost! No two ways about that.
the cobblers of 'If other birds can / or did do it, then mine should have too'! That in reality is so silly it is beyond logical comprehension. JMO
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: stratford upon avon   stratford upon avon EmptyTue Jul 31, 2018 4:37 pm

I am certain peregrine strikes are to blame it sends them into a panic scattering everywhere and indeed some latch onto other groups and just fly themselves out so they have nothing left to give ...no more have returned just the 1 this morning and he had a pop lost a lot of weight tired out but will be fine ,on we go but with a much depleted team but luckily have 6 late breds to fill the gap and try and do something with even if they only see the club trainer this year it would be something we also have another 13 ybs left 2 of which are recovering from injury ...oh the joys of pigeon racing lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: stratford upon avon   stratford upon avon EmptyTue Jul 31, 2018 4:51 pm

Daz wrote:
So sad... But then the saddest thing is surely, too many chanced it hoping that their results would be better.
As I posted last week... Time is now to decide. You know, or may even feel certain that it's going to be a bad one... Look in the mirror and decide.
Also I believe in the adage, 'There is always next week, because the best birds are N the loft.

I never , or very seldom, if one goes back many years ago, raced the first two old bird races.  'when in the wind is East, it's no good for man or beast'. that's as true today as it has ever been … oh for the wing and a prayer. I made sure I wasn't in the combined and old bird averages … too many good birds are chanced and Lost I believe sending good over raced, or not ready / able to go.
If, as the old time flyers said and did 'I may send an old experience hen or cock bird … just for the averages'.
Time was when we had no money to train. But loft fit birds went into the first (65miles) or second race(96 miles). Or waited for the come back races. Most split their team..
Club racing meant you had a small team to fly the complete programme, and you did. Races for the 'Race' you wanted or was most interested in winning. Berwick for Lerwick was good, they had a rest in between etc.
Young birds once started flew the longest races. Seasons end you had a problem deciding which ones would have a nest box, or even a perch. No one never added the former, birds had had to earn their place.
let's face it, this 'I must race at all cost' is a great cost! No two ways about that.
the cobblers of 'If other birds can / or did do it, then mine should have too'! That in reality is so silly it is beyond  logical comprehension. JMO

with all due respect daz if yer waiting for ideal conditions on this island then you could be in for a long wait ...the weather moves in very quickly for us...yesterdays forecast was pretty good when we basketed we never raced Saturday or sunday so I sent them but we liberated too early imo and the cloud and a few showers came more inland as forecast , I sent healthy pigeons coming well in training and loft flying near 2 hours,sometimes you get stung and that's it and all about it you pays yer money and all that ,every club member sent all 12 and some astute and careful flyers to f it had looked a bad race I can assure you I am one that wont send but sometimes the forecast changes very quickly
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: stratford upon avon   stratford upon avon EmptyTue Jul 31, 2018 4:54 pm

can members only send up to 12 birds in your club Darren ...?
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: stratford upon avon   stratford upon avon EmptyTue Jul 31, 2018 5:01 pm

David wrote:
can members only send up to 12 birds in your club Darren ...?

sorry david I meant all our 12 members sent to the race...we have a 15 bird limit fee and a +30 bird fee we pay a yearly fee for our racing ...I am a 15 bird limit member
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: stratford upon avon   stratford upon avon EmptyTue Jul 31, 2018 5:11 pm

True Old strain. Indeed on a good day one can release some on a toss , then another batch 15 minutes later with complete opposite results.

However I was referring to the Forecasts, and how clubs were deciding when to lib if week - end, or even Monday. now I believe something there tells us that there is a very good chance of a poor race. Time before to decide. clever am I if all goes good... sad... if not.
A convoyer and race controller at the beginning of the old bird season - this year - kept them back. On the Monday they brought the birds back. All around the returns was horrendous of those that went up! Would you think that most would be happy? I congratulating them saying Many birds that would have been lost will have another chance this, or next week - end.
No they were slagged off with a vengeance.
Biggest silliness is surely from these fancier that love their pigeins being 'I keep my pigeons to race! etc. etc.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: stratford upon avon   stratford upon avon EmptyTue Jul 31, 2018 5:24 pm

convoyers should always be cautious and give the pigeons the benefit of the doubt,i actually applied to be race controller and will apply again for next season and if it was me I would have liberated yesterday around lunchtime for what should have been no more than a 90 minute race the heat was not on yesterday as of late so holding until 1pm was no big deal and to my knowledge and from what I could see and hear we liberated in complete cloud cover with intermittent showers in the area ,not really good for a yb liberation atb
Back to top Go down
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: stratford upon avon   stratford upon avon EmptyWed Aug 01, 2018 5:19 pm

How did you get on daz when the clocks were done, any more home
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: stratford upon avon   stratford upon avon EmptyWed Aug 01, 2018 5:46 pm

1 more the next morning think we were 10th club
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: stratford upon avon   stratford upon avon EmptyWed Aug 01, 2018 7:33 pm

Lofty wrote:

I no longer race. I sent - well took some up to Scotland for a new starter. The others went to Ireland just this June past.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: stratford upon avon   stratford upon avon EmptyWed Aug 01, 2018 9:21 pm

Daz wrote:
Lofty wrote:

I no longer race. I sent - well took some up to Scotland for a new starter. The others went to Ireland just this June past.

its ok m8 he meant me
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: stratford upon avon   stratford upon avon EmptyThu Aug 02, 2018 3:58 am

oldstrain wrote:
Daz wrote:
Lofty wrote:

its ok m8 he meant me
Smile Smile Smile Smile we tend to make allowances here etc O/S Wink Wink I've found at times, some what  bounce  bounce  when the fingers/brain have an issue with the co-ordination scenario/trick Smile Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: stratford upon avon   stratford upon avon EmptyThu Aug 02, 2018 9:48 am

Gone past sometimes here mate... now odd times I get it right lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: stratford upon avon   stratford upon avon Empty

Back to top Go down

stratford upon avon
Page 1 of 1