Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» York Road & District Results 2024
Praise for a change. OFF TOPIC Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 12:04 pm

» Weather today
Praise for a change. OFF TOPIC Emptyby David Today at 11:40 am

» APHA Forms .......
Praise for a change. OFF TOPIC Emptyby David Today at 11:38 am

» Good Morning
Praise for a change. OFF TOPIC Emptyby David Today at 11:36 am

» come join us
Praise for a change. OFF TOPIC Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Praise for a change. OFF TOPIC Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
Praise for a change. OFF TOPIC Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
Praise for a change. OFF TOPIC Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
Praise for a change. OFF TOPIC Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Praise for a change. OFF TOPIC 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 33 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 31 Guests :: 1 Bot

David, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Praise for a change. OFF TOPIC Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Praise for a change. OFF TOPIC Vote_lcapPraise for a change. OFF TOPIC Voting_barPraise for a change. OFF TOPIC Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Praise for a change. OFF TOPIC Vote_lcapPraise for a change. OFF TOPIC Voting_barPraise for a change. OFF TOPIC Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222862 messages in 14007 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Praise for a change. OFF TOPIC Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Praise for a change. OFF TOPIC Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Praise for a change. OFF TOPIC

Go down 
+4
oldstrain
halcanada
Knackered
MISTY
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Praise for a change. OFF TOPIC Empty
PostSubject: Praise for a change. OFF TOPIC   Praise for a change. OFF TOPIC EmptySun Dec 09, 2018 9:42 pm

Heard many people moan about the NHS, I would suggest they try and do the hours and work that the vast majority of those involved do.

When my wife took ill at around 6.oo pm I rang the Hospital and of my concern and they made an appointment for 9pm that night.

We went just prior to the time but were not actually seen until 4.am.

Yes 6 hours, but we could well understand why when you see what is involved, foreign ill people who cannot speak the language, people more ill than you etc; coming in all the time.

It would be impossible to have enough employees so that one can be seen straight away.

My wife and I left the hospital at around 4..am but my wife fell at home and I rang the hospital, the ambulance was there in 15 minutes and the crew were beyond praise for their kind and considerate attention.

My wife was operated on the following day and the attention given was first class.

So those who moan about te NHS should consider all the implications and thank God we have one.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Praise for a change. OFF TOPIC   Praise for a change. OFF TOPIC EmptyMon Dec 10, 2018 12:44 am

MISTY wrote:
Heard many people moan about the NHS, I would suggest they try and do the hours and work that the vast majority of those involved do.    

When my wife took ill at around 6.oo pm I rang the Hospital and of my concern and they made an appointment for 9pm that night.

We went just prior to the time but were not actually seen until 4.am.

Yes 6 hours, but we could well understand why when you see what is involved, foreign ill people who cannot speak the language, people more ill than you etc; coming in all the time.

It would be impossible to have enough employees so that one can be seen straight away.

My wife and I left the hospital at around 4..am but my wife fell at home and I rang the hospital, the ambulance was there in 15 minutes and the crew were beyond praise for their kind and considerate attention.

My wife was operated on the following day and the attention given was first class.

So those who moan about te NHS should consider all the implications and thank God we have one.

Regards.

Big stink going on here Misty Smile Smile with boat people/refugees off shore & their treatment as such there on the medical side etc by our government. Do-gooder types, now want to bring them all here, because of the so called bad treatment. Strange thing is Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes many that were sent to America from there, now wish to return to their old home on the islands. Doesn't quite jell I'm affraid for my way of thinking, if life there is supposed to be one hell hole type of thing Wink Wink as suggested by the do-gooder mob types. Now, the following Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes may not be a christian type way of thinking by me Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes But, I'm most happy to leave the lot of them there for eternity type of thing bounce bounce Unless, the go to a normal refugee camp situation & go to the back of the line there & wait processing in a normal way, instead of being cue jumpers  bounce  bounce by trying to pay their way through the back door scenario with people smugglers as such into my country.  cheers
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: Praise for a change. OFF TOPIC   Praise for a change. OFF TOPIC EmptyMon Dec 10, 2018 3:57 am

Knackered. Agree.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Praise for a change. OFF TOPIC   Praise for a change. OFF TOPIC EmptyMon Dec 10, 2018 7:03 am

spot on oz
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Praise for a change. OFF TOPIC   Praise for a change. OFF TOPIC EmptyMon Dec 10, 2018 8:10 am

Well done to the nhs, couldn't be without then
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Praise for a change. OFF TOPIC   Praise for a change. OFF TOPIC EmptyMon Dec 10, 2018 9:33 am

peel bros wrote:
Well done to the nhs,  couldn't be without then
Never ever please every one as such when one brings up the subject of some thing like the NHS sceme I suggest. Some may grubble some what at times I suspect Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes but if it wasn't there for the average type family the grumbling aspect more than likely be some what greater I suggest. That being said Wink Wink before I retired my family here always had private health insurance & I still have it for my wife as such. As for me thou lol! lol! lol! thanks to my government here Smile Smile I struck Gold in a big big way Wink Wink & boy oh boy  bounce  bounce  do I really appreciate it etc Smile Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Praise for a change. OFF TOPIC   Praise for a change. OFF TOPIC EmptyMon Dec 10, 2018 12:26 pm

One of the saddest parts of the whole health situation is that a lot of the problems are self inflicted, drugs, booze, over weight etc;.

If these were illuminated, or those involved had to pay privately for treatment half the hospitals would be empty.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Praise for a change. OFF TOPIC   Praise for a change. OFF TOPIC EmptyMon Dec 10, 2018 12:27 pm

Not to mention the idiots attempting to cut each other up with all kinds pf weapons etc;

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Praise for a change. OFF TOPIC   Praise for a change. OFF TOPIC EmptyMon Dec 10, 2018 5:08 pm

So far the U.S.A. have bought in largely into the N.H.S. There is also money waiting to buy and take the N.H.S COMPLETELY over. No more freebies soon.
Richard Branson has just put in another £billion. No wonder it is TO happen. Doesn't take much thinking as to the future of the Health service as we know it.
Soon the gullible will be spouting, and crying out loud for it go private... and it will! Then when it costs £15 or £20 to even see a doctor - be too late to spout of course.
When each has to have insurance in case of.... 'Paid in every week'.

When the doctors and surgeons pick and choose just who they want to see - let alone operate on, just what will we say?
Back to top Go down
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird
fieldwalker

PostSubject: Re: Praise for a change. OFF TOPIC   Praise for a change. OFF TOPIC EmptyMon Dec 10, 2018 5:40 pm

halcanada wrote:
Knackered. Agree.
me also.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Praise for a change. OFF TOPIC   Praise for a change. OFF TOPIC EmptyMon Dec 10, 2018 9:26 pm

Daz wrote:
So far the U.S.A. have bought in largely into the N.H.S. There is also money waiting to buy and take the N.H.S COMPLETELY over. No more freebies soon.
Richard Branson has just put in another £billion. No wonder it is TO happen. Doesn't take much thinking as to the future of the Health service as we know it.
Soon the gullible will be spouting, and crying out loud for it go private... and it will! Then when it costs £15 or £20 to even see a doctor - be too late to spout of course.
When each has to have insurance in case of.... 'Paid in every week'.

When the doctors and surgeons pick and choose just who they want to see - let alone operate on, just what will we say?  
Many things owned by the public here at one time have been privatised etc Daz bounce bounce by the bean counter types in  government as such. Long way off thou, from my perspective fortunately in seeing our public hospital system heading down that track type of thing here Smile Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Praise for a change. OFF TOPIC   Praise for a change. OFF TOPIC EmptyMon Dec 10, 2018 11:54 pm

When I was young my mother paid a shilling a week each for herself and another shilling for my dad and a penny for each of six children every week to the local doctor for health cover.

Fortunately other than me having pnenemonia (spelling wrong) and having calling hot poltices stuck
on my chest, can still smell them even now, we had little health problems.

We were a mining family and there were health problems around but not the same kind that are having to be dealt with now on a regular basis.

Cannot see the public allowing the health service to be privatized.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Praise for a change. OFF TOPIC   Praise for a change. OFF TOPIC EmptyTue Dec 11, 2018 8:16 am

MISTY wrote:
When I was young my mother paid a shilling a week each for herself and another shilling for my dad and a penny for each of six children every week to the local doctor for health cover.

Fortunately other than me having pnenemonia   (spelling wrong) and having calling hot poltices stuck
on my chest, can still smell them even now, we had little health problems.

We were a mining  family and there were health problems around but not the same kind that are having to be dealt with now on a regular basis.  

Cannot see the public allowing the health service to be privatized.

Regards.
Smile Smile Looking at the Brexit fiasco situation now in play Misty there Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes maybe I suggest Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad they will have too sell it off etc Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Praise for a change. OFF TOPIC   Praise for a change. OFF TOPIC EmptyTue Dec 11, 2018 9:45 am

What makes me laugh is the idiots wanting another vote regarding the EU, WHAT HAPPENS IF THEY VOTE AGAIN EVEN MORE DECISIVELY TO LEAVE ??????.

If CORBY is ever given power the NHS will be the least problem.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Praise for a change. OFF TOPIC   Praise for a change. OFF TOPIC EmptyTue Dec 11, 2018 12:46 pm

Can't see the 'Public' ever having a say, let alone a vote regards what the Government bother with. They will do just as and when they like regardless.

Thatcher was in the throws of dismantaling it. caused a riot by the back benchers... so had to publically state that the N.H.S. was safe in the Tories hands .... then proceeded with Howe setting it up for the fall. Likewise today, but a little more subtle. That's why invests are lining up to put money in now... so they will leave a big nest egg for their kids etc.
Jeremy Hunt wrote a book how to dismantal the N.H.S.... and gets the job.

I have the documents on here that says so when the 30 year information act brought it all out. Now we have 2 - 3 different records... the ones not so good never get recorded, or just buried.

Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Praise for a change. OFF TOPIC   Praise for a change. OFF TOPIC EmptyTue Dec 11, 2018 1:09 pm

The British stand none sense for so long and then the sparks start to fly, Blaire and all his sick friends are only interested in self and will eventually get their come upance as past history indicates.

There is no way the NHS will be allowed to become private.

Was tried once and there would be an even bigger outcry if it was tried again.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Praise for a change. OFF TOPIC   Praise for a change. OFF TOPIC EmptyTue Dec 11, 2018 3:10 pm

probably start off as a 'Part Payment' required.
But as sure as eggs are eggs, the Tories will put a stop to this money eating happening that they do, and always have hated.
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Praise for a change. OFF TOPIC   Praise for a change. OFF TOPIC EmptyTue Dec 11, 2018 3:29 pm

[quote="MISTY"]What makes me laugh is the idiots wanting another vote regarding the EU, WHAT HAPPENS IF THEY VOTE AGAIN EVEN MORE DECISIVELY TO LEAVE  ??????.

If CORBY is ever given power the NHS will be the least problem.

Well this lot aren't doing much good Misty.

Theresa May's whirlwind Brexit tour has been left in tatters moments after it began after the head of the EU declared there is "no room whatsoever for renegotiation."

So nothing new there... just more wind and posturing whilst she and her cronies continue to safe guard self interests.
Gosh they even had to pay £BILLION to a terrorist D.U.P to gain control, and they are now, as from the start calling many shots.
'No Deal' would mean 10% tax on many goods coming in. But then we would be well compensated - well their pockets would be with dealing with Australia, Z.Z and west indies again. Like wise with Indian and many more.
So the tax payer is going to pay through the nose per usual... Especially with these selfish money making schemers. Rich wil continue to get richer lining their own pockets and the workers will be blamed lol.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Praise for a change. OFF TOPIC   Praise for a change. OFF TOPIC EmptyTue Dec 11, 2018 4:27 pm

One of the main problems has been the likes of the WORM Blaire advising the EU what would be the best way of making matters as problematic as possible for the UK.

These scum are only worried about themselves and their like.

THe question I asked was, WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF< as I feel it would, a second referendum resulted in a masive LEAVE VOTE.

The British grass roots do not like back stabbers and those not willing to carry out the wishes of the majority.

The main problem has been the MPs who are remainers have tried every trick in the book to thwourt the publics wishes instead of doing their best to carry them out.

Those who have no financial or personal interest in the matter ( in procession of all the details) all say the deal proposed is in the best interests of the UK and it's future, and I feel they know better than the ordinary person who can only base an opinion on the hearsay of those with personal interests.

Anyone can make assumptions, better to know the facts.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: Praise for a change. OFF TOPIC   Praise for a change. OFF TOPIC EmptyTue Dec 11, 2018 7:29 pm

I read with interest. If the vote was to leave then leave.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah8Bpg6ep1k&feature=share&fbclid=IwAR0cAm00WgNClppNKlGN7u8Ipb3SMNgyY another threat.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Praise for a change. OFF TOPIC   Praise for a change. OFF TOPIC EmptyTue Dec 11, 2018 10:05 pm

Makes one wonder Hal, just what the lunatics will think up next.

Cannot see any human benefit that can arrise from this experiment other than detrimental and war like.

The scientists are on the way to doing their best to put these threats to life in the hands of lunatics and there are plenty of lunatics in power.

If this type of action affects starlings it will also affect other birds, even our feathered friends.

Talk about the lunatics running the asylum ??????.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Praise for a change. OFF TOPIC   Praise for a change. OFF TOPIC EmptyTue Dec 11, 2018 10:31 pm

halcanada wrote:
I read with interest. If the vote was to leave then leave.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah8Bpg6ep1k&feature=share&fbclid=IwAR0cAm00WgNClppNKlGN7u8Ipb3SMNgyY another threat.
Same, same here Hal Wink Wink & here I was Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad thinking, I only had the Sudenese thug issue to worry about etc Smile Smile. Now  Smile  Smile had a knock on the door last night "worry, worry worry"  Wink  Wink But, all OK  lol!  lol!  lol! new Chinese neighbours etc with an early xmas present for us, as they were about to fly off to China for xmas apparently. Wished them both well  Wink Wink as one does  & suggested, best they buy a dog thou  lol!  lol!  lol! & lock all of their windows  bounce  bounce as such. Final note  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes how times change  bounce  bounce as only about 6 weeks ago here they both had a week or so in South Korea to relieve their stress factor issue/scenario. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Praise for a change. OFF TOPIC   Praise for a change. OFF TOPIC EmptyTue Dec 11, 2018 11:23 pm

Knackered, have found good people of many different nationalities.

If left alone and not indoctrinated in any way I feel all mankind would be able to live in harmony with each other and nature.

To attempt to explain the above and what went wrong would take too long but if one does ones best to do the right things at the right time that is all one can do.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: Praise for a change. OFF TOPIC   Praise for a change. OFF TOPIC EmptyWed Dec 12, 2018 1:38 am

Shanghai was the only port China I visited on the ships. Very many moons ago. Crew were only allowed to visit one place. Bar brothel. Escorted there and back. Spend your money then leave. Typical knock off as regards decor etc,. Never seen one smile from the Chinese. Business. In Vancouver today bail hearing for extradition to the US for a Chinese CEO of a 5 meg company that has been implicated in back door spying and ignoring trade sanctions to Iran Or Iraq or whatever. Bail set at a few million but she is not yet released. So China arrested an ex Canadian diplomat in retaliation. Smiles I get here from the Chinese are when I buy their food. From black to white there are many shades of grey. Up to ones perspective as to validity of the person in other matters.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Praise for a change. OFF TOPIC   Praise for a change. OFF TOPIC EmptyWed Dec 12, 2018 6:05 am

With regards the Brexit problem and future attempts to deal with the matter.

Another referendum is held and the voting says that the majority want to remain, but with a less majority to that of the first referendum for leaving.

Would that invalidate the latest referendum.

Then we have those who may say lets have a third referendum because we have a draw.

As for people, like you Hal I have met many different nationalities regarding people.

Based in Germany for a year and travelling through Holland on many occasions I found just the same mixture of people as in all the other places I visited including two years in Japan, and visiting many other countries.

There are those waiting to relieve you of your money and some are not bothered how.

In Hong Kong the first places visited was the out of bounds ones and if you went in as many did you were lucky to come out with your cloths on.

But at the same time when spending a decent amount of time in one place I always found some genuine friends, just as foreigners will in our country.

It takes all sorts and unfortunately some are not as nice as others, to put it kindly.

On the site to offset not being able to sleep until my better half is fully recovered but, well on the way, you do not realize just what they have to do until you have to do it, BLESS THEIR LITTLE COTTON SOCKS, (OLD SAYING).

Regards.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Praise for a change. OFF TOPIC   Praise for a change. OFF TOPIC Empty

Back to top Go down

Praise for a change. OFF TOPIC
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next