Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Just Caught These in Time Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 2:34 pm

» Good Morning
Just Caught These in Time Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 2:33 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Just Caught These in Time Emptyby David Today at 1:35 pm

» APHA Forms .......
Just Caught These in Time Emptyby David Fri May 17, 2024 11:38 am

» come join us
Just Caught These in Time Emptyby David Thu May 16, 2024 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Just Caught These in Time Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
Just Caught These in Time Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
Just Caught These in Time Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
Just Caught These in Time Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Just Caught These in Time 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 36 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 35 Guests :: 1 Bot

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Just Caught These in Time Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Just Caught These in Time Vote_lcapJust Caught These in Time Voting_barJust Caught These in Time Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Just Caught These in Time Vote_lcapJust Caught These in Time Voting_barJust Caught These in Time Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1298 registered users
The newest registered user is Marcdvc11

Our users have posted a total of 222880 messages in 14007 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Just Caught These in Time Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Just Caught These in Time Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Just Caught These in Time

Go down 
+4
oldstrain
Knackered
barnie
David
8 posters
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Just Caught These in Time Empty
PostSubject: Just Caught These in Time   Just Caught These in Time EmptyMon Feb 04, 2019 3:30 pm

went in to feed birds this morning, heard ybs squeaking like you do when parents feeding ybs......anyway I just happened to look in the top corner nest box and saw two ybs I didn't know had hatched, looked at them and thought I`d never get rings on them....

well with a bit of washing up liquid and a feather I got them both on ........ cheers cheers cheers

not much good without a ring, so I persevered and managed to do it

Just Caught These in Time 00412

Just Caught These in Time 00510
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: Just Caught These in Time   Just Caught These in Time EmptyMon Feb 04, 2019 3:37 pm

lucky day! are those smokey blue van reets david? got more hair than me Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Just Caught These in Time   Just Caught These in Time EmptyMon Feb 04, 2019 3:40 pm

yes Caudwell van reets colin, I get the odd few every now and then....got a blue with bronze in the bars, and one with a frill last year .
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Just Caught These in Time   Just Caught These in Time EmptyMon Feb 04, 2019 5:34 pm

David wrote:
yes Caudwell van reets colin, I get the odd few every now and then....got a blue with bronze in the bars, and one with a frill last year .
You had more luck than I did the other day here David Smile Smile in the same/similar type of situation as such Wink Wink. End result here  Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad I found an extra ring to recycle as they say Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes sadly, as the poor thing died with the pressure/force I applied in attempting to put the ring on the poor little things leg at the time. End of the day Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes thou I suggest Wink Wink another type tragedy in the daily fight we fight to breed a team of champs for the future Smile Smile maybe Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Just Caught These in Time   Just Caught These in Time EmptyMon Feb 04, 2019 5:38 pm

sorry to hear that knackered, I try not to need the washing up liquid every year, but theres always that one time a couple slip through..........its happened to me every year, but ive always been lucky enough to get the rings on eventually, after copious amounts of washing up liquid on the leg and inside of the ring, and a feather to pull the toe through.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Just Caught These in Time   Just Caught These in Time EmptyMon Feb 04, 2019 6:00 pm

David wrote:
sorry to hear that knackered, I try not to need the washing up liquid every year, but theres always that one time a couple slip through..........its happened to me every year, but ive always been lucky enough to get the rings on eventually, after copious amounts of washing up liquid on the leg and inside of the ring, and a feather to pull the toe through.
Easy to miss the odd one or 2 at times I suggest David Wink Wink Especially Smile Smile if one tends to be a chook farmer type as they say etc lol! lol! lol!. Still remember the day here  bounce  bounce  I put a bird through on race night etc & the back toe was still in the ring as such Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad sadly & the owner Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes was one of the elite brigade on the local scene Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Just Caught These in Time   Just Caught These in Time EmptyMon Feb 04, 2019 6:06 pm

lucky their david look about 10 days or so ...get a diary write pairs down as they lay and also hatch and ring dates get a piece of chalk and mark back of box and when rung cross out ... none will pass you by atb
Back to top Go down
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird
fieldwalker

PostSubject: Re: Just Caught These in Time   Just Caught These in Time EmptyMon Feb 04, 2019 8:54 pm

close call affraid i never miss the first lot,its later when im busy with other things seem to grow quicker in the day or two i miss affraid
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Just Caught These in Time   Just Caught These in Time EmptyMon Feb 04, 2019 9:02 pm

fieldwalker wrote:
close call affraid i never miss the first lot,its later when im busy with other things seem to grow quicker in the day or two i miss affraid

yes your right f/w, ive looked at a yb in the morning and thought I`d ring it later that day, only to find its a struggle getting it on .....
Back to top Go down
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird
fieldwalker

PostSubject: Re: Just Caught These in Time   Just Caught These in Time EmptyMon Feb 04, 2019 9:06 pm

The same with eggs,the first nest seems to take ages to hatch bounce bounce bounce
then after that the next round seem to hatch in about a week lol! lol! lol! ( stock loft)
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Just Caught These in Time   Just Caught These in Time EmptyTue Feb 05, 2019 8:00 am

Well done. Nowt worse missing putting rings on
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Just Caught These in Time   Just Caught These in Time EmptyTue Feb 05, 2019 10:44 pm

That was lucky hey David
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Just Caught These in Time   Just Caught These in Time EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 4:48 pm

peel bros wrote:
Well done. Nowt worse missing putting rings on
True Ray Wink Wink on average I suggest. But then Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes could name a few here over time bounce bounce that it was a blessing moment type of thing, moment  Smile  Smile as they found their way fortunately into different stock lofts & made a name for themselves over time as such. cheers
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: Just Caught These in Time   Just Caught These in Time EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 6:35 pm

Same here Knackered. Off some birds. Cannot be raced so basically cannot be judged.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Just Caught These in Time   Just Caught These in Time EmptyThu Feb 07, 2019 5:11 pm

2 more rung today, that leaves 3 more to do.....got 15 ybs in nest so far
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Just Caught These in Time   Just Caught These in Time EmptyThu Feb 07, 2019 7:12 pm

David wrote:
2 more rung today, that leaves 3 more to do.....got 15 ybs in nest so far
Boy oh boy Wink Wink 15. Appears our Ray etc  bounce  bounce maybe could just be in trouble David I suspect Smile Smile. Shutting up shop here for the most part Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes 2nd rounders going across in the next day or so as such. Another 60 odd lol! lol! lol! to join my first round of chump types Smile Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Just Caught These in Time   Just Caught These in Time EmptyThu Feb 07, 2019 7:21 pm

are you whats known as a mob flyer knackered ........ Razz Razz Razz lol!
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Just Caught These in Time   Just Caught These in Time EmptyThu Feb 07, 2019 7:39 pm

David wrote:
Not down here David lol! lol! lol! I'm but a minnow type of flyer on average etc Wink Wink Round figures today I suspect my Fed would/will issue out around 25,000 rings this year & in a long gone era, long gone Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad bounce bounce they would have issued close to 50,000 rings back in the good old days as such Smile Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Just Caught These in Time   Just Caught These in Time EmptyThu Feb 07, 2019 9:00 pm

you havnt got south shields ancestry in your blood by any chance have you knackered....... Razz Razz flower lol!
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Just Caught These in Time   Just Caught These in Time EmptyThu Feb 07, 2019 9:28 pm

good luck with the breeding david it seems to be going well
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Just Caught These in Time   Just Caught These in Time EmptyThu Feb 07, 2019 9:29 pm

Knackered wrote:
David wrote:
Not down here David lol! lol! lol! I'm but a minnow type of flyer on average etc Wink Wink Round figures today I suspect my Fed would/will issue out around 25,000 rings this year & in a long gone era, long gone Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad bounce bounce they would have issued close to 50,000 rings back in the good old days as such Smile Smile. cheers

you giving mr walker a run for his money are you oz lol!
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Just Caught These in Time   Just Caught These in Time EmptyFri Feb 08, 2019 9:31 pm

oldstrain wrote:
Knackered wrote:
David wrote:

you giving mr walker a run for his money are you oz lol!
Who Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Wink Wink  lol!  lol!  lol! is this Mr Walker bloke O/S Smile Smile etc. He doesn't rate a mention here Wink Wink when I think of the good flyers on the local scene as such. Did hear on the rumour file thou Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes one year of racing with the Rota virus issue & with him loosing maybe 500 odd pigeons racing Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad  the stress factor got to him it appears & he his having a year off to recover as such Smile Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Just Caught These in Time   Just Caught These in Time EmptySat Feb 09, 2019 11:07 am

last 2 to ring today..........for now anyway.......only another 85 ybs to breed then im done for this year Razz cheers santa
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Just Caught These in Time   Just Caught These in Time EmptySun Feb 10, 2019 12:48 am

David wrote:
last 2 to ring today..........for now anyway.......only another 85 ybs to breed then im done for this year Razz cheers santa
lol! lol! lol! That Geordie type influence factor maybe David Wink Wink just coming into play there I suspect Smile Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just Caught These in Time   Just Caught These in Time Empty

Back to top Go down

Just Caught These in Time
Page 1 of 1