Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
Is this Fair Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 2:06 am

» come join us
Is this Fair Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:21 am

» Weather today
Is this Fair Emptyby David Yesterday at 9:45 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Is this Fair Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Is this Fair Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:19 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
Is this Fair Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
Is this Fair Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
Is this Fair Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
Is this Fair Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Is this Fair 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 22 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 22 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Is this Fair Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Is this Fair Vote_lcapIs this Fair Voting_barIs this Fair Vote_rcap 
David
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222847 messages in 14006 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Is this Fair Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Is this Fair Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Is this Fair

Go down 
+5
oldstrain
peel bros
David
barnie
chuda
9 posters
AuthorMessage
chuda
Chipping
Chipping
chuda

Is this Fair Empty
PostSubject: Is this Fair   Is this Fair EmptySat Feb 16, 2019 6:07 pm

Our fed is looking after the big team flyers, pre paid for the inland races ( 18 races )

£120.00 for 25 birds works out at £0.26 per bird, any extra birds £0.25 per bird.

£70.00 for 12 birds works out at £0.32 per bird, any extra birds £0.50 per bird.
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

Is this Fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this Fair   Is this Fair EmptySat Feb 16, 2019 6:40 pm

£60 for 12 birds, and 50p for extra birds for everyone regardless of what you send seems fairer to me. Seems the bigger team flyers outnumbered the rest when it came to the vote. Always a problem when motion goes with the majority and you're in the minority, not just pigeons but all walks of life.
Be nice to get a couple clocked before the big teams, especially with a pooler. Hope you have a good season, get your share.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Is this Fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this Fair   Is this Fair EmptySat Feb 16, 2019 6:44 pm

I don't like the idea of paying up front for a start, this is why I voted against going with them..........there was only me and jeff who voted against and everyone else voted to go with them, so by what I can see its staying the same as last season ...?

what if we have bad losses, or cant send for some reason, it means we are paying out money and getting nothing in return.

no, not for me racing with them, for certain reasons I only managed one race last season, which cost me £70 up front. this also means I only have 5, 2018 birds to race, and I`ll be throwing money away again trying to build a team up.

members cant really grumble now, they got what they voted for, I wont be racing for the foreseeable future anyway.
Back to top Go down
chuda
Chipping
Chipping
chuda

Is this Fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this Fair   Is this Fair EmptySat Feb 16, 2019 6:59 pm

barnie wrote:
£60 for 12 birds, and 50p for extra birds for everyone regardless of what you send seems fairer to me. Seems the bigger team flyers outnumbered the rest when it came to the vote. Always a problem when motion goes with the majority and you're in the minority, not just pigeons but all walks of life.
Be nice to get a couple clocked before the big teams, especially with a pooler. Hope you have a good season, get your share.

you still have to pay at club level which is 20p per bird, so when you send to the inland championship race, its 20p plus 40p and extra birds for the small team is 20p + 40p + 50p = £1.10 per bird.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Is this Fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this Fair   Is this Fair EmptySat Feb 16, 2019 7:17 pm

agm next week, I don't want to miss that, it should be entertaining.
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

Is this Fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this Fair   Is this Fair EmptySat Feb 16, 2019 7:36 pm

AGM are a waste of time now. Nobody like change. Then again nobody wants to do anything
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Is this Fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this Fair   Is this Fair EmptySat Feb 16, 2019 7:45 pm

no its not fair at all ...we have a 20 bird limit for £145 for yb and old birds racing season anything extra sent is 25p per bird a much fairer way ...I think paying up front is fine when yer all in the same boat just £3 a week to send with the club to pay now on a weekly basis ...no big layout all done and dusted ,you can pool in the open or club of course but not worth pooling in the open until the classic races or north road amalgamation races of which we have 4 and our £145 fee covers our entry to these races also ...should be interesting with the welsh ,the midlands,and us in the south west competing in these 4 races effectively 4 sections as we have 2 sections ourselves ,hope you get your just desserts chuda with a few winners atb
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Is this Fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this Fair   Is this Fair EmptySun Feb 17, 2019 12:11 am

chuda wrote:
Our fed is looking after the big team flyers, pre paid for the inland races ( 18 races )

£120.00 for 25 birds works out at £0.26 per bird, any extra birds £0.25 per bird.

£70.00 for 12 birds works out at £0.32 per bird, any extra birds £0.50 per bird.
Damned if you do Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes & damned if you don't Smile Smile on this issue I suspect Chuda I'm affraid depending on which camp one may be in as such. Bottom line, costs have to be covered at the end of the day & it's a juggling act by those doing the juggling scenario in just trying to get it right so every one is happy, happy in the end on average I suggest. Half empty trucks unfortunately don't help from my experience & love them or hate them etc Wink Wink the chook farmer types help with the bottom line at the end of the day from my experience Smile Smile. Now Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad the half empty truck scenario. Last year here we had another local fed on our truck as such bounce bounce Gone in the wind now  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad because certain types here, just  wouldn't bend with their stupidity type thinking sadly I'm  affraid & they took with them around $20,000 out of our kitty, which will have to be made up by the local yocals now unfortunately Smile Smile I suspect. cheers
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

Is this Fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this Fair   Is this Fair EmptySun Feb 17, 2019 2:25 am

Big fliers pay for most other fliers. The best bird on the day wins. I have no problems with them.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Is this Fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this Fair   Is this Fair EmptySun Feb 17, 2019 8:07 am

Would have thought the only fair way was that all entries paid the same.

If you consider that the mob flyer has more chances of winning then he/she should pay more for those beyond a certain number, not the other way round.

But in this particular time in the sport the mob flyer in some instances keep the sport going and in particular in small clubs.

It would maybe a good idea as I have proposed several times to down size in every respect.

Smaller transporters, no need for special licenses etc:

Day races for the sprinters etc; which soon will be the only way to go if things go wrong in the EU,

Make the actual entry fees cover just the costs, no prize money, pools as high as those interested want to go.

Matters should be towards making participation as easy as possible on the poor mans pocket.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Is this Fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this Fair   Is this Fair EmptySun Feb 17, 2019 8:18 am

always the north road route ,racing south here is a 60 miler most weeks Rolling Eyes its why I race north theirs also east to west awful route though
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Is this Fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this Fair   Is this Fair EmptySun Feb 17, 2019 9:33 am

MISTY wrote:
Would have thought the only fair way was that all entries paid the same.

If you consider that the mob flyer has more chances of winning then he/she should pay more for those beyond a certain number, not the other  way round.

But in this particular time in the sport the mob flyer in some instances keep the sport going and in particular in small clubs.

It would maybe a good idea as I have proposed several times to down size in every respect.

Smaller transporters, no need for special licenses etc:

Day races for the sprinters etc; which soon will be the only  way to go if things go wrong in the EU,

Make the actual entry fees cover just the costs, no prize money, pools as high as those  interested want to go.

Matters should be towards making participation as easy as possible on the poor mans pocket.

Regards.

I put forward a proposition here Misty etc Wink Wink for you to ponder over and then choose which option you may/would choose as such  Smile  Smile. Local Fed, first race makes every one pay $400 up front to fly the season out bounce bounce 20 races x 30 birds a week type of thing on average. Another local Fed Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes intelligent types Wink Wink ask their members to nominate a figure of birds they will send through out the season on the 2 race night there & then on the night of the 5th race of the season Smile Smile they then tell them how much they will have too pay to race for the rest of the season there, depending & because of the birds nominated overall by the members there. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Is this Fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this Fair   Is this Fair EmptySun Feb 17, 2019 10:30 am

i think hal is right to a certain extent, big team flyers do put money into the race........but I think in this instance its the other way round.

what if a fancier flew widowhood and had 10 cocks, he also started the season off with 20 ybs....as we all know you can half your yb team in the first two races , so what would it work out at per bird over the season, a lot more than 26p a bird I`ll bet.

I think it does favour the large team flyer, who is lucky enough to send to most, if not all races.
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

Is this Fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this Fair   Is this Fair EmptySun Feb 17, 2019 11:45 am

Ours is £160 for 15 birds 25 p for next ones.
Yes it may be a little dearer for the small team flyers. Was 75p - 80p for starters and upwards 6 or 7 years ago.
But it does ensure - regardless how many send that the transporter will go to every race.
Remarkably, the Big teamers were the ones whinging every week. They sent 55 to 70 birds every week. said the extra shouldn't be paid as it was covered? Crying or Very sad Rolling Eyes

I don't think they did their sums for starters. These were the ones always asking for more prize money to cover costs. they would point out that the prize money hardly covered the costs of racing LET ALONE the feeds etc.
Don't start me off lol.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Is this Fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this Fair   Is this Fair EmptySun Feb 17, 2019 3:10 pm

I always approached any activity I was engaged in, and I have been involved in quite a few, in the manner that I got the pleasure more than relevant to the effort put in money or otherwise, why on earth should fanciers pay for others to be engaged in the sport?

As I have said for many years, make it as less costly as possible to compete and let flying for money optional.

If fanciers want to breed and race hundreds that is their own affair but they should not want others to pay for them to do so.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
Sponsored content

Is this Fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this Fair   Is this Fair Empty

Back to top Go down

Is this Fair
Page 1 of 1