Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Smart or Dumb etc !!!. Emptyby barnie Today at 7:58 pm

» new hen for speed
Smart or Dumb etc !!!. Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 6:51 pm

» Good Morning
Smart or Dumb etc !!!. Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 10:21 am

» sorting birds out
Smart or Dumb etc !!!. Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:33 am

» new rules from Defra
Smart or Dumb etc !!!. Emptyby David Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:30 pm

» RPRA Auction ........
Smart or Dumb etc !!!. Emptyby David Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:40 pm

» overnight and multiple nights basket
Smart or Dumb etc !!!. Emptyby Knackered Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:21 pm

» Loft Location
Smart or Dumb etc !!!. Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:43 pm

» RPRA , WHAT DO THEY DO ?
Smart or Dumb etc !!!. Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:43 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Smart or Dumb etc !!!. 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 90 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 88 Guests :: 2 Bots

barnie, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Smart or Dumb etc !!!. Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Smart or Dumb etc !!!. Vote_lcapSmart or Dumb etc !!!. Voting_barSmart or Dumb etc !!!. Vote_rcap 
David
Smart or Dumb etc !!!. Vote_lcapSmart or Dumb etc !!!. Voting_barSmart or Dumb etc !!!. Vote_rcap 
oldstrain
barnie
Knackered
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1293 registered users
The newest registered user is Meddy78

Our users have posted a total of 221961 messages in 13973 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Smart or Dumb etc !!!. Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Smart or Dumb etc !!!. Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Smart or Dumb etc !!!.

Go down 
+3
MISTY
David
oldstrain
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Smart or Dumb etc !!!. Empty
PostSubject: Smart or Dumb etc !!!.   Smart or Dumb etc !!!. EmptyTue Jul 09, 2019 11:02 am

Long time since Wink Wink I'm surprised by what pigeons do at times etc. Today, I had a road trip down south for a load of grain as such & I took a stray I had from the weekends race which was local to where I had to go. Thought Smile Smile I would save the owner half a tank of petrol & the time to pick his bird up type of thing. Sadly lol! lol! lol! my planning went amiss unfortunately lol! lol! lol! as when I let the stray go at the grain store bounce bounce it went south for 25 feet & then quickly made a right hand turn Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes & flew right inside the grain store up into the rafters type of thing. Last I saw of it Smile Smile it was sussing out I suspect what it was going to have for tea from the hundreds of bags of pigeon feed below Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Smart or Dumb etc !!!.   Smart or Dumb etc !!!. EmptyTue Jul 09, 2019 1:40 pm

lol! smart i suggest
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Smart or Dumb etc !!!.   Smart or Dumb etc !!!. EmptyTue Jul 09, 2019 4:35 pm

smart for you knackered, got it out of your loft, no longer a problem for you ........ Razz lol!
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Smart or Dumb etc !!!.   Smart or Dumb etc !!!. EmptyTue Jul 09, 2019 4:37 pm

Very clever pigeon. just considering it's options, Knackered.

Could end up back with you.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
redrog
Youngbird
Youngbird
redrog

PostSubject: Re: Smart or Dumb etc !!!.   Smart or Dumb etc !!!. EmptyTue Jul 09, 2019 5:52 pm

Knackered wrote:
Long time since Wink Wink I'm surprised by what pigeons do at times etc. Today, I had a road trip down south for a load of grain as such & I took a stray I had from the weekends race which was local to where I had to go. Thought Smile Smile I would save the owner half a tank of petrol & the time to pick his bird up type of thing. Sadly lol! lol! lol! my planning went amiss unfortunately lol! lol! lol! as when I let the stray go at the grain store bounce bounce it went south for 25 feet & then quickly made a right hand turn Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes & flew right inside the grain store up into the rafters type of thing. Last I saw of it Smile Smile it was sussing out I suspect what it was going to have for tea from the hundreds of bags of pigeon feed below Wink Wink. cheers
got to be one of mine lol!
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Smart or Dumb etc !!!.   Smart or Dumb etc !!!. EmptyWed Jul 10, 2019 9:41 am

redrog wrote:
Knackered wrote:
got to be one of mine lol!
lol! lol! lol! Didn't appear to be a distance type Rog Smile Smile especially with the water it had to cross as such Wink Wink not that I would know etc Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes. Also bounce bounce been blowing an absolute gale here today, so much so they closed our major airport runways in parts because of the danger factor. Didn't worry your little hen thou Rog Smile Smile pushing into an absolute gale Wink Wink as she is back home here, if you wish to pick her up type of thing Smile Smile lol! lol! lol!. cheers
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Smart or Dumb etc !!!.   Smart or Dumb etc !!!. EmptyFri Jul 12, 2019 2:05 pm

I took the birds for a 60-mile training toss a few years back now lol. We, the wife and I, were having a day out. I placed the basket facing the fields and gave them 15 miles to settle down just off a big roundabout.
Up they went; however, I put a hand into the basket and took the last one out and released it.
Well, I went behind the bushes for a pee, when I thought I saw a pigeon return. Going back to the basket, I saw the cock birds had returned to the basket. It was huddled up in the corner. Nor did it take kindly to me putting my hand going in.

Thoughts of RPRA ruling - whether official or a guideline I forget. However, it said the practice of chasing ALL the birds out of the panniers on race days from basket should cease that they were to be brought back etc. Must have been about mid 80's - times when Misty had a letter in the mags nigh each week. Well, it was seldom, very seldom, adhered to that is for sure, but know some times of it happening.
The bird looked fine, A mite dry feathered, so it was taken back home in the basket.
I mentioned it to a group chat the next day at the club making station.
The consensus was not very helpful. Nor the thought regards that pigeon.
I said as it was a two-year-old, hardly raced, and would be given a chance. That the bird knew more than I did and that it knew it was not up to the flight home. Gosh did they smile!

Three weeks later there was a 190-mile race, and I showed that this cock bird was going which quickly got a laugh and a few smirks lol. They christened it 'Basket lover' It timed in.

Three weeks later there was a 190 mile race and I showed them that this cock bird going. It quickly got a laugh and a few smirks lol. they had christened it 'Basket lover' It timed in.
Two weeks later it won.
Not much was said then though lol.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Smart or Dumb etc !!!.   Smart or Dumb etc !!!. EmptySat Jul 13, 2019 9:09 am

You could have added Daz that if note had been taken of my concerns through both articles and letters for the sports future and the pigeons in particular the sport would be in a far better place now, but the commercial and win at any cost brigade
ridiculed matters that have now been proven correct.

That's life.

Money ruins everything it touches.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Smart or Dumb etc !!!.   Smart or Dumb etc !!!. EmptySat Jul 13, 2019 10:26 am

First time I became interested in the running of the sport Daz was when I realised it was being run by people who had no respect for either the rules of the sport nor the Law in general, were prepared to lie, fabricate evidence totally ignore the rules and do anything to achieve their personal aims.

That was in the early1980s.

Since then I have attempted to change matters, first letter around1984 last BHW 22nd April 1916, last article The Outlook, 2015.

Every one of the Hall Reports concerns I have covered years previously but no one was interested then and no one is interested now.

Too many self satisfied fanciers whose only concern is when something directly affects their little set up.

Think it is little late for fanciers to come to their senses and become involved.

Sad.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Smart or Dumb etc !!!.   Smart or Dumb etc !!!. EmptySat Jul 13, 2019 11:05 am

too many are happy with their lot its hard enough on basket night to get help me and Alfie help basket the birds and make sure all the basket drinkers are full then we do the clocks ...now what gets my goat is when guys don't clock to form the result after you have taken the time to set them ,they have phoned around tom dick and harry to see if they have clocked and if no good they don't present their clock ...I have had phone calls on raceday asking if I have owt and at what time but are soon told to wait for the clocks ,I did have a serial caller who got the hump when he phoned as he never had a bird and got the hump when told all of mine were in the loft lol! never phoned again Razz so its difficult enough getting them down the club let alone to do anything they seem to be just concerned with their own lot and cant see the wood for the trees ,it wont get any better for pigeon racing the mainstay of the fancy are slowly dwindling because of age and theirs not many replacing them ...soon be just pets and a few shows to attend ours are our pets anyway its hard not to get attached to some of the characters so we will always have a few knocking about
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Smart or Dumb etc !!!.   Smart or Dumb etc !!!. EmptySat Jul 13, 2019 11:12 am

Happens in all clubs oldstrain. Then a couple used to phone around false time ins.
What is also unbelievably is they don't / won't is able, even leave the bar to do the clocks … Strike offs too.
Yes have had pub members help to strike off … even had to do two strike offs.

You know, I often feel, infact believe that those culprits in the main don't come on such sites as this.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Smart or Dumb etc !!!.   Smart or Dumb etc !!!. EmptySun Jul 14, 2019 7:59 am

Just looked up some old correspondence from, Mike on His Hill, Captain Cutcliffe,
and several others, started writing actually in 1970, not 1980s, hundreds of letters from both fanciers here and abroad over that time, could write a book that would make your hair curl.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Smart or Dumb etc !!!.   Smart or Dumb etc !!!. EmptySun Jul 14, 2019 12:12 pm

I think I wrote from about 1998 for the BHW and Spinksy. He's another good one missed too.

I wrote under 'Flight of Fancy'.
I certainly ruffled a few feathers lol.
Cameron, who knew me, would edit some stuff out lol.

Strange that I can't recall meeting him personally. Must have been in the same room many times. He lived but a few short miles from me. Indeed was often in same club.
Every one says 'Of course you remember him he ...'
So must just have note realised. I can't ever recall him sending pigeons as such, but …
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Smart or Dumb etc !!!.   Smart or Dumb etc !!!. EmptySun Jul 14, 2019 5:00 pm

Steve Spinks and I along with Mike on His Hill corresponded and collaborated in an endeavour to improve the sport for several years until Steve sadly passed away.

Have Steve's Life Story still, along with much correspondence.

And many letters etc; from Mike right up until I decided to call it a day.

Also corresponded with several continental fanciers.

I took mainly the letter pages way, found you got more replies and more interest.

Sadly all the efforts of those concerned were ignored, although Steve was the first to suggest having videos in schools promoting the sport, and thought of writing a book to do the same.

But just as now those who could change matters were not interested in anything but themselves.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Smart or Dumb etc !!!.   Smart or Dumb etc !!!. EmptySun Jul 14, 2019 10:07 pm

Met Steve along with my wife in Blackpool also some of his relatives, he was a nice down to earth bloke who had lead a very interesting life.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: Smart or Dumb etc !!!.   Smart or Dumb etc !!!. EmptyMon Jul 15, 2019 8:54 am

Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Smart or Dumb etc !!!.   Smart or Dumb etc !!!. EmptyMon Jul 15, 2019 12:32 pm

Does not surprise me in the least, this type of thing was going on years ago, where money is concerned you will always get those willing to corrupt anything to take advantage, same type of thing has happened here and will always be a problem.

Would not trust many of our own fanciers who go to the continent every year.

Do not know how they can hold their heads up.

But MONEY ????????.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Smart or Dumb etc !!!.   Smart or Dumb etc !!!. EmptyTue Jul 16, 2019 9:24 am

MISTY wrote:
Very clever pigeon. just considering it's options, Knackered.

Could end up back with you.

Regards.  
Smarter than one of mine I suggest Misty Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Took my wee flock for a toss yesterday here, few stragglers being one crap day etc. Waiting outside & had a call from my fed ring secretary to ring him. Bloke rang him to say bounce bounce 2 pigeons flew into his factory in panic mode would you believe & one killed it self in the process as such. Made the comment lol! lol! lol! at least it was on line, but not much point me travelling miles to pick the poor thing up Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Smart or Dumb etc !!!.   Smart or Dumb etc !!!. EmptyTue Jul 16, 2019 9:32 am

There are hundreds of stories some that break your heart and others a source of great joy involved in our sport Knackered.

The same applies to all animals, even humans.

Wish I had a magic wand to do away with the former.

Sorry about your miss fortune.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Smart or Dumb etc !!!.   Smart or Dumb etc !!!. Empty

Back to top Go down

Smart or Dumb etc !!!.
Page 1 of 1